PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

I think we need more clues...

ccovell

Alright!  It's an omake in a well-known game!  And it's a well-known omake at that!    [-X

ParanoiaDragon

Anearth Fantasy Stories Takeban or however you spell it.
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: ccovell on 07/27/2007, 09:52 AMAlright!  It's an omake in a well-known game!  And it's a well-known omake at that!    [-X
Hehe, apparently not that well known.

Joe Redifer

esteban

Rastan Saga II! OK, now it's my turn to post a picture... :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Joe Redifer

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones?

China Warrior?

ccovell

Well, I'm glad that my deceptively simple screenshot pic got so much mileage.  :dance:
I thought the clues would have helped out, but I guess you guys don't play PC-Engine games all that much.

Final clue, I swear: this is from a game involving the zodiac.

awack

ccovell

That's right, the shot is from Mesopotamia / Somer Assault's hidden game!

/mystery6.gif

ParanoiaDragon

Wait a tick, I don't recall Somer Assault having a hidden game........though, hmmm, I'm not sure :-s
IMG

_Paul

It has a hidden game? Oh well...

CrackTiger

I guess its not such a well-known omake after all. :wink:

At least outside of Japan.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

I could never play far enough to get to that, I get bored in the first level
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

Quote from: turbo D on 08/03/2007, 08:19 AMI could never play far enough to get to that, I get bored in the first level
... It's accessible from the sound test...

NecroPhile

Quote from: ccovell on 08/03/2007, 09:41 AM... It's accessible from the sound test...
Splitting Hairs: No it isn't.  It's accessible from the seizure screen, which is accessible from the sound test, which is accessible from the birthday selection screen.  Input yet another code and you'll be shown a picture of God and instructions for building a cold fusion reactor.  :wink:

Anyhow, that was a good one ccovell.  I'd forgotten all about S.A.'s hidden shmup.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

spenoza

I don't know who's next, but I have one that shouldn't be quite as hard if nobody minds  ;)

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 08/03/2007, 10:26 AM
Quote from: ccovell on 08/03/2007, 09:41 AM... It's accessible from the sound test...
Splitting Hairs: No it isn't.
Well, it is inaccessible from anywhere else but the sound test, isn't it?

That's like saying the upstairs is inaccessible from the kitchen, because there's a foyer between the two.  :wink:

NecroPhile

Still Splitting Hairs:  That would also make it accessible from the title screen, or while mid-game, or while playing Bomberman, or while making a sandwich in the kitchen, etc.

It's like saying that the upstairs is accessible from the neighbor's basement, because you could conceivably travel from one to the other.  Accessibility implies a direct connection, but maybe that's just my opinion (hence the 'splitting hairs').

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 08/03/2007, 11:13 AMI don't know who's next, but I have one that shouldn't be quite as hard if nobody minds  ;)
*whispers* Maybe you should slip it in while they're arguing amongst themselves

Keranu

Whoa, I've never seen that in my life! I got to try that!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

spenoza

Sneaky ninja-like post! I hereby co-opt this turn in the name of Spain! Why? Because I like it! And they have the comfey chair, and tapas, and other stuff...

Figure this one out, all you smarty-pantses!

avatarimage .net/gallery/albums/userpics/10227/UNTITLED1.GIF

ccovell

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 08/03/2007, 10:19 PMParasol Stars.
Goddammit, I bet you're right.

Tangent: Gurus, here's a question about Parasol Stars and the music... in the (North American) game, I thought they repeated the same music over and over, yet when you go to the sound test, there were tons of songs that I didn't remember hearing in the game.

Granted, I haven't played Parasol Stars in years, so I might be mistaken. Am I? I've asked this question a bunch of times over the years and I don't think anyone has offered a definitive response. Help!

Joe Redifer

OK, how about this one:

guesspic1.png

If you can't guess this one within one minute, you hate PC Engine games!

ParanoiaDragon

In Parasol Stars, when you get the rainbow necklace I believe, you get 3 more worlds to play, all with they're own theme songs, plus, a real ending song.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/04/2007, 01:14 AMOK, how about this one:

guesspic1.png

Ordyne ?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Wrong!  You may have to rumble your mind with this one.

spenoza

Darnit... If Chris didn't get it, would any of the rest of you have?

Joe Redifer

Shit.  You mean I posted a pic before the previous one has been guessed?  Damn it!

ccovell

I get no respect.  No respect at all.

_Paul

Joe seems to suffer from premature posting.

Joe Redifer

Probably because the people who posted the last time never seem to come back (unless it's Covell).

spenoza

I noted that Chris got it. So it's his turn to do with as he pleases.

ccovell

Well, I'd like to see what Joe's screenshot turns out to be (unless it's a gag.)

Can you give us some sort of hint for this criminally sparse picture?

Tatsujin

at least it seems that nobody has to worry about hating pc engine games.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/04/2007, 01:14 AMOK, how about this one:

guesspic1.png

Wonder Momo!

Joe Redifer

It's not a gag shot.  I did give a hint in response to the first guess.  The only other hint I'll give is that this is in the first stage.

And no, it's not Wonder Momo.  It's not Toilet Kids, either (everyone probably expects me to post something from that game).  And Spenoza, my previous post about people who posted not coming back for awhile is based mainly on the NOT another screenshot thread.  :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/05/2007, 07:27 PMIt's not a gag shot.  I did give a hint in response to the first guess.  The only other hint I'll give is that this is in the first stage.

And no, it's not Wonder Momo.  It's not Toilet Kids, either (everyone probably expects me to post something from that game).  And Spenoza, my previous post about people who posted not coming back for awhile is based mainly on the NOT another screenshot thread.  :)
Joe meant that you may have to rumble your mind the way that Jackie Chan caused a Rumble in the Bronx. :dance:

IMG

The hints usually throw me off completely instead of just trying to identify the game by the image. :P

This may ruin my chances of guessing any more of Joe's posts, but I always expect him to pick U.S. games. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Sorry, I picked the Japanese version of Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu (fo' realz, it was da PC Engine ROM yo).  So you'll have to guess again.  :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/05/2007, 07:27 PMAnd Spenoza, my previous post about people who posted not coming back for awhile is based mainly on the NOT another screenshot thread.  :)
Bitch, bitch, bitch.  Why don't you cry me a frickin' river, or at least make a damn guess at the answer?  :lol:

So... where's the next one Black Tiger?

Joe Redifer

Just to piss you off, my friend.  Just to piss you off.

CrackTiger

I have a feeling that this one won't last long-

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2007, 11:13 AMI have a feeling that this one won't last long-

IMG
Magical Dinosaur Tour! The mini-game where the dinos fight in the ring :). OK, my turn...

_Paul

CrackTiger

No, its not the fighting mini-game from Magical Dinosaur Tour. :wink:

_Paul

ccovell

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2007, 07:46 AMNo, its not the fighting mini-game from Magical Dinosaur Tour. :wink:
I didn't want to give it away! It's fun when folks get a few more chances to guess... especially when I give hints :).