A 100$ fucking SNES SF2 repro

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 08/30/2017, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

As interesting as I think that it would be for new releases of old SNES or whatever games to come out, I don't think that there's quite the market for multi-million dollar corporations to start doing it seriously.  Fingers crossed that I get proved wrong and get finally get a copy of Pocky and Rocky or something else I'm missing.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

munchiaz

This is ridiculous. They could have at least given the collectards Turbo edition.

cr8zykuban0

this is pretty dumb of capcom to charge 100 bucks for this. If this was maybe 30-40 bucks, i'd consider it, but 100??? the fuck outta here!

turboswimbz

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/12/2017, 02:01 AMthis is pretty dumb of capcom to charge 100 bucks for this. If this was maybe 30-40 bucks, i'd consider it, but 100??? the fuck outta here!
Capcom just licensed it.  they have nothing to do with the release or pricing. Iam8bit is who you want to pissed at.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Flare65

I have absolutely zero interest in this...and I don't get the hype around it, other than the statement that it may catch fire???

Winniez

This cart is just taking the piss seriously. But its an interesting nevertheless, this has to be one of the first times there is an official licensed/manufactured repro cart for a retro system. I wonder if we'll see more these sort of things in the future.
The very least I would have expected (besides a lower price) is an updated version of the game in the lines of the Switch port, something meaningfully unique software wise. Any version of SF2 is literally max 500yen cart for Super Famicom. Alpha is a different matter but we are talking about SF2.

KnightWarrior

If you want a Red or a Clear Green Shell

Just buy 2 SFII Games and put it in the Shell

jlued686

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/12/2017, 07:42 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/12/2017, 02:01 AMthis is pretty dumb of capcom to charge 100 bucks for this. If this was maybe 30-40 bucks, i'd consider it, but 100??? the fuck outta here!
Capcom just licensed it.  they have nothing to do with the release or pricing. Iam8bit is who you want to pissed at.
Yep. Fuck iam8bit. They're stuff is always absurdly priced and their customer service is dogshit.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

CrackTiger

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 09/30/2017, 07:21 PMIf you want a Red or a Clear Green Shell

Just buy 2 SFII Games and put it in the Shell
But the original won't burn your house down.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

pressed

I saw a completed sold listing on eBay for one of these at $475, so maybe buying to resell would be a good call. Even if it makes you a scalper, but this is already a ridiculous item.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: pressed on 10/05/2017, 05:59 PMI saw a completed sold listing on eBay for one of these at $475, so maybe buying to resell would be a good call. Even if it makes you a scalper, but this is already a ridiculous item.
you should disable your internet for awhile.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

seieienbu

Quote from: pressed on 10/05/2017, 05:59 PMWowee!  I can buy something I don't want and sell it to make a profit!  That makes me smart!
No, that mindset makes you the biggest problem with retro gaming.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

PukeSter

What is it about Nintendo fanboys that makes them so obsessed with buying everything?

Don't even get me started on all the people who say "____ is perfect for the switch" and blow their wallet open sperging over $70 controllers and mediocre games like Snipperclips and Arms. Playstation fans certainly don't act like this.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: PukeSter on 10/06/2017, 12:00 AMWhat is it about Nintendo fanboys that makes them so obsessed with buying everything?

Don't even get me started on all the people who say "____ is perfect for the switch" and blow their wallet open sperging over $70 controllers and mediocre games like Snipperclips and Arms. Playstation fans certainly don't act like this.
There can't possibly be Playstation fans, are there? Outside of Japan?

To possibly answer your question; Sony just makes black boxes and maybe some Gran Turismo or Crash Bandicoot bullshit once in a while. That isn't going to get you the kind of fans that Mario RPG or the Mother series will. Being a fan of Playstation is like being a fan of cardboard. Cardboard is really great, but nobody is a "fan" of it.
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: PukeSter on 10/06/2017, 12:00 AMWhat is it about Nintendo fanboys that makes them so obsessed with buying everything?

I haven't played arms but I am curious as as to what makes it mediocre. I have and played all of snipper clippers and loved it. It's not a system seller, but I certainly got 20$ of good times out of it. It's a great crowd pleaser for casual family members too.

The $70 controllers are indefensible, though.

I don't think this is a Nintendo fanboy issue, it's a collector issue. This is not for anyone who wants to play the game, obviously. Shelf candy, to each their own, this is not for me but let he who has not bought dumb useless stuff throw the first cartridge ;p

bartre

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/06/2017, 01:44 AMThere can't possibly be Playstation fans, are there? Outside of Japan?

To possibly answer your question; Sony just makes black boxes and maybe some Gran Turismo or Crash Bandicoot bullshit once in a while. That isn't going to get you the kind of fans that Mario RPG or the Mother series will. Being a fan of Playstation is like being a fan of cardboard. Cardboard is really great, but nobody is a "fan" of it.
There definitely are, but they seem to be a different breed, partially for the reasons you stated.
I would also point out that playstation as a brand has nothing that has stuck around nearly as long as mario/zelda/metroid/star fox/etc.
but I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing, I'd put some value on knowing when to stop.

but maybe that statement was less true before they showed off the new god of war, that would be the 4th platform to get an original game.

Really though, I'd say that it's less of a Playstation as a brand thing and more of a Playstation as a platform thing.
i.e. Nintendo fans are brand fans, which is why you see Nintendo brand products outside of Nintendo gaming products that are very successful.  But for Playstation, you don't see nearly as much non gaming products, and the ones you do see are comparatively less successful.

sirhcman

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/06/2017, 01:44 AMThere can't possibly be Playstation fans, are there? Outside of Japan?

You mean the same Crash Bandicoot that is on Xbox consoles and even Nintendo consoles?! Crash Bandicoot isn't a Sony IP. If you think that is all Sony has to offer than I would say you aren't up to date on their games or current console offerings (and this is coming from someone who doesn't care for Sony).

Quote from: bartre on 10/06/2017, 03:36 AMReally though, I'd say that it's less of a Playstation as a brand thing and more of a Playstation as a platform thing.
i.e. Nintendo fans are brand fans, which is why you see Nintendo brand products outside of Nintendo gaming products that are very successful.  But for Playstation, you don't see nearly as much non gaming products, and the ones you do see are comparatively less successful.
bartre I totally agree!

Gypsy

Zeta hates new games, so he probably doesn't pay much attention to them.

NecroPhile

The Gospel According to Zeta: Only the great Nintendo ever does anything desirable, fun, profitable, etc.  All other gaming companies are miserable failures.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

RIGHT HERE BITCH

RIGHT.
HERE.

OG PSX OR DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even use dual shocks.   Dual Shocks are for pussies.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/06/2017, 09:34 AMZeta hates new games, so he probably doesn't pay much attention to them.
I agree with the basic pont here which is that Nintendo develops and cultivates franchises that people come to Nintendo platforms for again and again. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Kirby, the list goes on and on. Nintendo has fans in part because their fans of the franchises and properties that Nintendo owns/co-owns and releases on their platforms.

Sony only has a handful of franchises that are regulars or have big fan bases, Gran Turismo, God of War and then what? We haven't seen much of Little Big Planet recently.. Parappa is long gone. Even Microsoft has Halo, Gears of War and some properties that have their own fairly large fan bases.  Sony doesn't have the same identity, it's a big black box you play third party games on.
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/06/2017, 01:58 PMSony only has a handful of franchises that are regulars or have big fan bases, Gran Turismo, God of War and then what?
Uncharted and Last of Us are the two big Sony franchises that I think about when exclusives come up. I see where Zeta is coming from now after DragonmasterDan decoded some of the message for me :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2017, 02:31 PMUncharted and Last of Us are the two big Sony franchises that I think about when exclusives come up. I see where Zeta is coming from now after DragonmasterDan decoded some of the message for me :)
Uncharted I'll give you.

But The Last of Us?
 I know there's a higher res version on PS4 but are there any other games in the series thus far? Otherwise you have a single game released multiple times. I know there's 4 main Uncharted plus a Vita one (maybe more games).
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan Asylum

NecroPhile

You asked 'which franchises have several titles or have big fan bases'.  Last of Us certainly meets the latter.

Go ahead and change your argument to "nothing else compares to Nintendo because nothing else has Mario, Kirby, Metroid, etc."  :roll:

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/06/2017, 03:27 PMYou asked 'which franchises have several titles or have big fan bases'.  Last of Us certainly meets the latter.

Go ahead and change your argument to "nothing else compares to Nintendo because nothing else has Mario, Kirby, Metroid, etc."  :roll:
I'm more of questioning if one game and a remake of said game is enough to establish it as a consistent franchise. I'm well aware it has a fan base.

Like I consider Skies of Arcadia to be a game with a big fan base, and it too has an original game and a slightly upgraded remake. But is it a franchise?

In this context the definition of Franchise is a general title or concept used for creating or marketing a series of products . I'm not sure one product and a slightly improved version of that product constitutes a series.
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/06/2017, 02:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/06/2017, 02:31 PMUncharted and Last of Us are the two big Sony franchises that I think about when exclusives come up. I see where Zeta is coming from now after DragonmasterDan decoded some of the message for me :)
Uncharted I'll give you.

But The Last of Us?
 I know there's a higher res version on PS4 but are there any other games in the series thus far? Otherwise you have a single game released multiple times. I know there's 4 main Uncharted plus a Vita one (maybe more games).
after we discussed it in DoxPhile chat http://DoxPhile/chat I read that there is a sequel coming out (release date unknown)

NecroPhile

Yeah, I guess a sequel doesn't count.  Nobody is allowed to like it until it's released and there's at least eight other games.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/06/2017, 04:59 PMYeah, I guess a sequel doesn't count.  Nobody is allowed to like it until it's released and there's at least eight other games.
I wasn't aware a sequel was in the works.
--DragonmasterDan

pressed

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/05/2017, 11:02 PM
Quote from: pressed on 10/05/2017, 05:59 PMI saw a completed sold listing on eBay for one of these at $475, so maybe buying to resell would be a good call. Even if it makes you a scalper, but this is already a ridiculous item.
you should disable your internet for awhile.
Resellers are a$$holes, I agree, what I said was in bad taste.  I was just pointing out that if someone was crazy enough to spend $100 on it, it's even more ridiculous that someone would pay above that.  I am not in the reseller game personally, and I didn't get the game anyway.  I feel like most of these are going to just sit on shelves collecting dust. 

pressed

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/05/2017, 11:15 PM
Quote from: pressed on 10/05/2017, 05:59 PMWowee!  I can buy something I don't want and sell it to make a profit!  That makes me smart!
No, that mindset makes you the biggest problem with retro gaming.
Totally agree. I don't have one, nor will I ever. 

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/06/2017, 12:15 PM
RIGHT HERE BITCH

RIGHT.
HERE.

OG PSX OR DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even use dual shocks.   Dual Shocks are for pussies.
Liking the PS1 doesn't make you a "fan of the PlayStation". It just means you like good stuff. The PS1 in particular has an almost infinite software selection, more than a person could ever need. The first system had a real identity as a consumer product too, cool design, shapes for buttons, etc.

But if your fandom is that restrained you prove my point. You aren't a fan of...aparently anything PlayStation after late 1997. That doesn't make you much of a fan.

I have PS1, 2, 3 as well as PSP and Vita. I've purchased and played more games for these systems than I have for anything else post Sega/SNK. I'm still not a fan. There's nothing to be a fan of. I use it as an appliance to play 3rd party software. I actually hate almost every single thing about the UI, the store, etc I just need the PlayStation for the same reason one needs socks or gasoline or a ball point pen.

Imagine if NEC had released a game system without Hudson's involvement. That's the PlayStation.

The question asked was "why are Nintendo fans so much crazier than fans of other systems" and the answer was is not "because Nintendo rules" rather it's that there are no fans like that for Sony and MS. There kinda are for Sega and SNK but nowhere near as many and right now the most dysfunctional but monied generation lands right in Nintendo land. America's mental illness combined with Nintendo's yummy candy...they eat each other up.

What's Sony going to offer to these sad bastards? I know you're depressed, here's some inhuman monster ripping out some guy's spine? Here's cars you can't afford? Here's a controler that is so blatantly ripped off from our competition, and such a huge flop, that we should have printed an apology on the box? Maybe, but a lot of these people just want to hang out in the Forest with Animals or cry after finishing Earthbound for the 90th time. Sony isn't in that business, they don't have the same customers. Different fandoms behave differently.

It's like comparing fans of record labels. Factory, Blue Note, Quannum, Mobile Fidelity, Dischord...why do they have so many more fans than K-tel or for that matter Sony? Because it's a dumb question. Think about it. It's the same reason cool people have more friends.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah I only buy Playstation because thats where all the JRPGs went.

If it didn't have all the niche-y JRPGs, it would serve basically no purpose to me.

PS1 on the other hand...............