OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Value of Pioneer Laseractive Turbografx PAC with controller

Started by Green, 10/16/2017, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

Whats the market value? I vaguely remember one selling a couple years back but that was without the controller.

This is for the American Turbografx PAC with original controller.

bob

seieienbu

Isn't it just a standard controller?  Add the two prices together and then you're in the ballpark.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Green

Green

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/16/2017, 05:26 PMIsn't it just a standard controller?  Add the two prices together and then you're in the ballpark.
Its a standard turbo duo controller if I remember correctly but has the Pioneer logo on it

NecroPhile

It's a standard controller design, but the branding, coloring, and button labels are different.  Functionally it's no different, so you'd only need it (and pay a bunch extra) for collectarding purposes.

You just bought one..... but are unsure what it's worth?  I don't get it.  :-k

The best answer is to list it for a starting bid of $1, cancel the auction just before it ends, then say it's worth ~10% more than the nearly final bid value.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2017, 05:38 PMThe best answer is to list it for a starting bid of $1, cancel the auction just before it ends, then say it's worth ~10% more than the nearly final bid value.
This method seems kinda douche-y though...

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Green

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2017, 05:38 PMIt's a standard controller design, but the branding, coloring, and button labels are different.  Functionally it's no different, so you'd only need it (and pay a bunch extra) for collectarding purposes.

You just bought one..... but are unsure what it's worth?  I don't get it.  :-k

The best answer is to list it for a starting bid of $1, cancel the auction just before it ends, then say it's worth ~10% more than the nearly final bid value.
I bought the Turbo PAC with controller and Sega PAC with controller and a bunch of Laseractive games for $850.
I sold the games as I didn't really have any interest in them

crazydean

Quote from: Green on 10/16/2017, 06:07 PMI bought the Turbo PAC with controller and Sega PAC with controller and a bunch of Laseractive games for $850.
Not surprising about the games. There really aren't any good exclusives for the LA.

I seem to recall a controller going for around $120, but who knows. The only person who would want one is a collector, and there aren't too many LA collectors.

bob

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/16/2017, 05:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/16/2017, 05:38 PMThe best answer is to list it for a starting bid of $1, cancel the auction just before it ends, then say it's worth ~10% more than the nearly final bid value.
This method seems kinda douche-y though...
this what he does with everything.

SignOfZeta

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

buys laseractive---> sells games due to lack of interest.

What? lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gypsy

BigusSchmuck

I'm probably the only LA owner who uses their LA as a Laserdisc player and that's about it nowadays. :P Joking on that one. All jokes aside, I can't imaging why anyone would spend a mortgage payment just to play their games in composite (let alone the handful of games) whereas there are other cheaper alternatives to upscale your Turbo/Genesis games.

SignOfZeta

He's flipping everything, that's the logic. Otherwise buying an LA to not play LA games would be fucking moronic.
IMG

NecroPhile

Even worse, it wasn't just a couple of crappier games like Quiz Econosaurus.  It was 13 of the 18 US titles.

So yeah, flippers gonna flip.  Gougers gonna gouge.

SignOfZeta

I choose to believe most of them seek employment eventually.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Green on 10/16/2017, 05:16 PMWhats the market value? I vaguely remember one selling a couple years back but that was without the controller.
Quote from: Green on 10/16/2017, 06:07 PMI bought the Turbo PAC with controller and Sega PAC with controller and a bunch of Laseractive games for $850.
Love this community, always willing to help each other out!  Hope your question is answered! :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/16/2017, 11:23 PMI'm probably the only LA owner who uses their LA as a Laserdisc player and that's about it nowadays. :P Joking on that one.
The LA is my only player...haha I use actually use it as a player.  I'm not going to lie I only have LDs so I can justify having the LA more than, but look it's cool.

I'd be interested in the turbo pak seeing as I don't have one, but yea I'm sure this isn't going to be reasonable.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

xcrement5x

Hmm.  $850 for the whole bundle and the LD games sold for $910 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/112590945355), then subtract $91 for fees and another $20 for shipping so that puts it at $799 net on just the games.

I'd offer $61 for the PAC-N10 and controller so that you can break even and cover gas for the pickup. 
(You think I'm joking but a PAC-N10 sold for about that in the last couple years to another member) 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/17/2017, 09:27 AMSo yeah, flippers gonna flip.  Gougers gonna gouge.
Is this the mantra to summon RoyVegas.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2017, 02:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/17/2017, 09:27 AMSo yeah, flippers gonna flip.  Gougers gonna gouge.
Is this the mantra to summon RoyVegas.
I heard he was crushed to death under the weight of his own lack of self awareness. It doesn't sound medically possible but then we are talking about that guy...
IMG

ChuChu Flamingo

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/16/2017, 11:23 PMI'm probably the only LA owner who uses their LA as a Laserdisc player and that's about it nowadays. :P Joking on that one. All jokes aside, I can't imaging why anyone would spend a mortgage payment just to play their games in composite (let alone the handful of games) whereas there are other cheaper alternatives to upscale your Turbo/Genesis games.
Come on composite is how the developers intended for us consumers to play, dithering and all.

SignOfZeta

No game developer knew his games would be played 30 years later.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

My line of Commodore 1084s with composite at CCAG were mistaken for RGB repeatedly.

SignOfZeta

I have loads of Y/C able displays around here and only a couple of RGB options so in general I use Y/C a lot. With my CMVS I have every output but I can't tell the difference between the YPbPr and the Y/C so I use Y/C just to have a thinner cable. :)
IMG

Green

You guys totally hijacked my thread.
Just for that I'm going to ask what the going rate for a PC Engine LT is.
Apparently, according to another thread, it's going for $1000 so I will now expect a member to promptly sell me one at the going rate. Thanks. Shipped by the way. In box preferably.

NecroPhile

SignOfZeta

There isn't an LT here for sale. They don't make them anymore. The supply is finite. Even before gouger flipper noobs were a thing and the "retro" scene was 1/10 the size it is now you still only saw an LT for sale here every few years and it was maybe $650 at the absolute cheapest, 10+ years ago. The LT is legit uncommon and awesome. It had an insane original price and I've never seen it for less than that.

The supply of LTs tends to be in the hands of people who don't flip their shit every week so they usually only come up for sale when someone is ready to sell it, like when they die or need to buy a house. It takes a pretty huge ego to think that you can drop into a forum, ask for something, and have it just appear simply because you happen to want it that second. It may have been fucking YEARS since one  changed hands here. We were't genies born just to some day sell you an LT.

I'm pretty sure I was born to hate on a certain category of overly entitled assholes *like* you, but even then, it's not just you. It's hundreds of thousands of you scum.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Green on 10/16/2017, 05:16 PMWhats the market value? I vaguely remember one selling a couple years back but that was without the controller.

This is for the American Turbografx PAC with original controller.
$3,209 USD
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

I think that the LT I bought here within the past 5 years was $400.

After downsizing superfluous hardware later on, I sold it here for whatever I paid (without adding what I paid for shipping). It wound up going back to whoever I originally bought it from (I have good idea who it was).

So we both took a loss on our investments.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Green

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/18/2017, 03:25 PMThere isn't an LT here for sale. They don't make them anymore. The supply is finite. Even before gouger flipper noobs were a thing and the "retro" scene was 1/10 the size it is now you still only saw an LT for sale here every few years and it was maybe $650 at the absolute cheapest, 10+ years ago. The LT is legit uncommon and awesome. It had an insane original price and I've never seen it for less than that.

The supply of LTs tends to be in the hands of people who don't flip their shit every week so they usually only come up for sale when someone is ready to sell it, like when they die or need to buy a house. It takes a pretty huge ego to think that you can drop into a forum, ask for something, and have it just appear simply because you happen to want it that second. It may have been fucking YEARS since one  changed hands here. We were't genies born just to some day sell you an LT.

I'm pretty sure I was born to hate on a certain category of overly entitled assholes *like* you, but even then, it's not just you. It's hundreds of thousands of you scum.
All jokes aside they are very cool. Do they have AV out?

That was another member that was looking for an LT. I don't have a urge to drop that much cash on it.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Green on 10/18/2017, 08:16 AMYou guys totally hijacked my thread.
Apparently, according to another thread, it's going for $1000 so I will now expect a member to promptly sell me one at the going rate. Thanks. Shipped by the way. In box preferably.
It got hijacked because it literally can take 5 minutes googling/thread searching to find sold LAs and LTs. Next item is Magical Chase I imagine...

Green

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2017, 08:29 AM
Quote from: Green on 10/18/2017, 08:16 AMYou guys totally hijacked my thread.
It got hijacked because it literally can take 5 minutes googling/thread searching to find sold LAs and LTs. Next item is Magical Chase I imagine...
Could you provide some info on magical chase? I was literally about to PM you about it

SignOfZeta

I think he's taken off and we're fighting with his 'bot now.
IMG

seieienbu

Magical chase runs for about $30.  You might be able to get $50 if you did a BIN on ebay and found the right buyer.