OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

Quote from: bartre on 09/14/2017, 08:55 PMOn the RPG note, I finally beat South Park Stick of Truth.

I really enjoyed the game, but I can't imagine 100% clearing it.
I got ~70% and that was plenty of game.

Also, I played as the Jew. Partnering that with Jimmy was kinda broken between status effects and PP regeneration
I liked the Stick of Truth a lot. It was average gameplay but as a fan of the show, i found it very enjoyable.

Just started Doom 3 BFG on PS3. I'm glad they got it updated from Xbox but the button mapping is pretty stupid.

PukeSter

Haven't played much lately, apart from another run through Bonk 2.

Last month I played Vanquish and Postal 2 (with expansions)

Waiting for Mario Odyssey to come out.

bartre

Got real sick of Dead by Daylight; I feel like the balance of the game is fooked.
plus, there's so many reports of people losing all of their progress that idk if I'll really stick with it.

so i took a hard right at Albuquerque and started playing Postal 2 for the first time in almost 10 years.
It still holds up; at least I think it does.
I'm playing the nonviolent route just to see what happens, and I think the game is way easier oddly enough.

PukeSter

Quote from: bartre on 09/22/2017, 02:15 PMGot real sick of Dead by Daylight; I feel like the balance of the game is fooked.
plus, there's so many reports of people losing all of their progress that idk if I'll really stick with it.

so i took a hard right at Albuquerque and started playing Postal 2 for the first time in almost 10 years.
I'm playing the nonviolent route just to see what happens, and I think the game is way easier oddly enough.
Postal 2 is still a classic, even if it technically isn't great. The weekend expansion unfortunately is linear and violence only, but it's fun hacking terrorists with the machete. Paradise lost has pacifist options but it's tougher.

Anybody try battle mobile on the snes? It's like spy hunter on steroids! Pretty unknown

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2017, 12:12 PMAnybody try battle mobile on the snes? It's like spy hunter on steroids! Pretty unknown
Just looked up gameplay on Youtube. Looks like a lot of fun. Is it Japan only? I could see that being the reason it's unknown.

esteban

Quote from: crazydean on 10/03/2017, 03:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/03/2017, 12:12 PMAnybody try battle mobile on the snes? It's like spy hunter on steroids! Pretty unknown
Just looked up gameplay on Youtube. Looks like a lot of fun. Is it Japan only? I could see that being the reason it's unknown.
I love Spy Hunter. Damn, I gotta check out Battle Mobile.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

PS4
Ys Origin

Finished my play through with yunica now on my second with hugo.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

Finished Yakuza Kiwami awhile back. Idk if I posted about that or not. Enjoyed it. Probably playing Ys VIII next.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2017, 12:12 PMso i took a hard right at Albuquerque and started playing Postal 2 for the first time in almost 10 years.
I will always have a soft spot for this dumb ass game.
I beat the game pacifist, but didn't get the achievement since i was playing the mode where it took you directly to the expansion.
so i played through again, then I got it.

I'm almost done with another playthrough, just screwing around picking up some of the other odd achievements like "kill X amount of people with Y"

Postal 2 is still a classic, even if it technically isn't great. The weekend expansion unfortunately is linear and violence only, but it's fun hacking terrorists with the machete. Paradise lost has pacifist options but it's tougher.

Anybody try battle mobile on the snes? It's like spy hunter on steroids! Pretty unknown[/quote]

Bloufo

Recently got a bit into Silpheed, for the Mega CD.

Rather simple top-down shooter presented in a visual style that must have been impressive for its time.
Solid enough though to be enjoyable.

It did drive me a bit nuts though until I found a system that it would work on. Apparently, this particular game is taxing for the hardware as a whole. In fact, I've read that Silpheed is the best test for the CD drive on a MEGA/SEGA-CD unit. If the drive is bad or misaligned you won't be able to play even if the disc is perfectly fine.

NecroPhile

For the last two weeks or so, I've been playing Nayuta no Kiseki on the PSP.  Any Ys / Falcom fans should check it out - it plays similar to Ys 7, is lengthy (~42 hours for me), has sweet Falcom band tunes, and there's lots of stuff to find, collect, etc.

Best of all, it's got a translation patch!  Thanks for that, SkyeWelse.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PukeSter

Played some Arkanoid and Darius Twin on the snes today. Fun games, classic Taito :)

Looking forward to Mario in a week or so

TR0N

Retro Freak
Sweet Home (nes/famicom)

All ready finished my run on Ys Origin and Castlevaina 3.I've had sweet home for quite a few years now and i got the urge to play it finally  :oops:
IMG

Bloufo

Playing a bit of 'Low G Man' on the NES.

Seems rough around the edges but somewhat enjoyable.
It would help though if your characters main attribute (in this case the really long jump/leap) would be used as more than just a novelty type thing.

jtucci31

Finally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after that I really figured out how to maximize my time (because my biggest downfall with fighting Dr Robotnik was running out of time). I would give that game like a 3 or 4 out of 5. I had some fun with it, and felt a bit annoyed at times, but overall had a good time.

Also finished Breath of the Wild earlier this week and that game is something. On one hand, the overall experience of playing an open world game like this with such an expansive world where you can literally go anywhere and climb anything was amazing, especially in the first 10 hours or so. But it certainly had its setbacks that made getting through the last 15 of my 75+ hour adventure feel a bit tedious. I still say it's a great game overall without a doubt, but it's nowhere near a "perfect" or "best of all time" game.

May pick up Golf Story next or Stardew Valley soon. But I also may finally play Resident Evil 4 or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.

blueraven

I'm playing a shitload of PCE Shinobi because I won it in Bob's raffle, and I haven't taken it out of the system in like 6 months, true story.

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 10/18/2017, 01:48 PMI'm playing a shitload of PCE Shinobi because I won it in Bob's raffle, and I haven't taken it out of the system in like 6 months, true story.
I like PCE Shinobi and Master System Shinobi... they capture a lot of the fun/excitement (yes, I know they aren't perfect/complete).

:)

Many moons ago, I kept Master System Shinobi in console for months and months (I had to beat the bastard, and it was tough for me).

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2017, 01:42 PMFinally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after that I really figured out how to maximize my time (because my biggest downfall with fighting Dr Robotnik was running out of time). I would give that game like a 3 or 4 out of 5. I had some fun with it, and felt a bit annoyed at times, but overall had a good time.

Also finished Breath of the Wild earlier this week and that game is something. On one hand, the overall experience of playing an open world game like this with such an expansive world where you can literally go anywhere and climb anything was amazing, especially in the first 10 hours or so. But it certainly had its setbacks that made getting through the last 15 of my 75+ hour adventure feel a bit tedious. I still say it's a great game overall without a doubt, but it's nowhere near a "perfect" or "best of all time" game.

May pick up Golf Story next or Stardew Valley soon. But I also may finally play Resident Evil 4 or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.
Nice.

RE4 is definitely worth playing, though a big departure from previous games in the series.

jtucci31

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/18/2017, 08:06 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/18/2017, 01:42 PMFinally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after...
Nice.

RE4 is definitely worth playing, though a big departure from previous games in the series.
I actually downloaded the first one for free off PSN because it was a PS+ game, but still figured 4 would be a good starting point.

crazydean

Finished off Super Mario Bros 2 about a week ago. So, I decided to try 3 and got to the airship in World 7 last night. After picking it up again today, I finished it off in two hours or so (I didn't say I was good at it). They were both beaten on the SNES, Super Mario All-Stars because I didn't want to use warp zones and finishing either game in one sitting without warp zones would either require a lot more time and/or skill.

The SMB games on NES were very important for the system and even modern gamers have played at least one of them, if not all. Last year I decided to go through the three, but I didn't get very far at first. It took me forever to beat the first one. I ended up getting very lucky on Bowser using a well-timed jump that I didn't even plan. Anyway, they are all iconic and I'm glad to have played through them all.

Personally, my favorite was 2 which surprised me because I never liked it when i was a kid and always preferred 3. However, I love the physics of 2 better than the others. It just feels like I have more control. Also, there are more unique characters (for obvious reasons) to fight, and the final boss was a great fight.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2017, 01:42 PMF
or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.
Bloodborne is one of the best exclusive for the PS4 also don't forget to download the old hunters.Now if only,from software would make a sequel to it since dark souls is finished.
IMG

Gredler

I've been playing Golf Story on my switch a lot, and have really been enjoying it. Highly recommended if you have any passing interest in golf games and quirky rpg style stories

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 10/18/2017, 03:21 PMMany moons ago, I kept Master System Shinobi in console for months and months (I had to beat the bastard, and it was tough for me).
Epic. The only master system game I really remember was Ninja Kid or something... the mechanics were really broken.

jtucci31

Quote from: Gredler on 10/19/2017, 06:12 PMI've been playing Golf Story on my switch a lot, and have really been enjoying it. Highly recommended if you have any passing interest in golf games and quirky rpg style stories
I've been playing that too! It's my in-between game before Mario Odyssey. I'm liking it so far! The story aspect is ok, but I just really mainly love golfing and doing fun golf related requests for people.

Psycho Punch

Playing Sudden Strike 4 on my PS4, the reviews were less than stellar but I'm addicted to it somehow!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

OK Gran Turismo Sport came and monopolized my addiction, see ya Sudden Strike.

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

PukeSter

Finally found the time to do a playthrough of Snatcher. Never got to it but always had an interest. Plowed through the whole thing today.

Wow!! The buildup was insane towards the end. A very special experience. Is Policenauts as good?

Medic_wheat

I am about to play birthing simulator 2017.

Then laying hospital bills simulator 2017

And done. Got the Baby Emma achievement. Walkthrough pending on my twitch stream

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2017, 10:14 PMOK Gran Turismo Sport came and monopolized my addiction, see ya Sudden Strike.

IMG
Xvideos? Is that like a website or something?

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 03:03 AMFinally found the time to do a playthrough of Snatcher. Never got to it but always had an interest. Plowed through the whole thing today.

Wow!! The buildup was insane towards the end. A very special experience. Is Policenauts as good?
Yeah I actually played this for the first time this year as well. Great game!

I still need to try Policenauts but lately I've been watching Gundam/Battlestar Galactica in my free time instead of playing stuff.

turboswimbz

Quote from: crazydean on 10/25/2017, 10:22 AMXvideos? Is that like a website or something?
Well Played Sir, Well Played.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/25/2017, 09:13 AMI am about to play birthing simulator 2017.

And done. Got the Baby Emma achievement. Walkthrough pending on my twitch stream
Daww.  Congrats on the lil girl.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2017, 02:12 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/25/2017, 09:13 AMI am about to play birthing simulator 2017.

Thank you. I just woke up from my comma.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/25/2017, 05:47 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/25/2017, 02:12 PM

Thank you. I just woke up from my comma.
Congrats to you and your wife!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

johnnykonami

Grats!  So the walkthrough... is for how to get the baby Emma achievement?  This is a multiplayer achievement if I'm not mistaken, right?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/26/2017, 02:36 PM

Grats!  So the walkthrough... is for how to get the baby Emma achievement?  This is a multiplayer achievement if I'm not mistaken, right?
Single player campaign with micro transactions.

Digi.k

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/26/2017, 08:47 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/26/2017, 02:36 PM

Single player campaign with micro transactions.
Congrats.

Speaking of Micro transactions..

Not that I've exchanged any real money on this yet.......
/Zh1N2dN.jpg?1

Animal Crossing mobile courtesy of Australia apple store.
/Oz5hAg9.png?2

/n1IAFCP.png?1

PukeSter

Spent the last couple of days trying to beat Renegade (Arcade version). Finally got the 1CC (not that continues exist in this game)!!

Learning how to do throws and how to walk up to enemies really saved my skin. That last level with the gangsters was a bitch but I managed to get through patiently. The boss with the gun isn't bad on his own but with 3 knife wielders its incredibly frustrating. A single stab or bullet can instantly kill you, and with only up to two lives you don't get much practice in. The 2 minute timer is my worst enemy. Even playing stage 3 as well as I can, it ends with 15 seconds left on the clock. It's only a 5 minute long game but it must've taken me like 50 tries to get through it.

Also started Mario Odyssey, I "beat" New Donk City so far. Pretty fantastic and inventive game, I really love how intuitive the transformations are and the perfect blend of tight platforming and solid exploration. The game doesn't have any moments of tedium like Breath of the Wild did.

esadajr

got me a GTX 1050i and finally I can play Sonic Forces proper (yeah I know)
Gaming since 1985

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2017, 11:04 AMAlso started Mario Odyssey, I "beat" New Donk City so far. Pretty fantastic and inventive game, I really love how intuitive the transformations are and the perfect blend of tight platforming and solid exploration. The game doesn't have any moments of tedium like Breath of the Wild did.
Well if you try to go for the true true ending of 500 moons it gets a bit tedious to run a fine comb through each level to scour for moons, but it's not as bad as BotW since you mentioned it. It honestly adds a good bit to the challenge of really trying to work through previous levels in newer ways.

PukeSter

Played through Beyond Oasis...the graphics and combat were outstanding. I didn't like the music nor the lack of enemy variety though...and not being able to save outside of dungeons (if you walk out you reset the damn place) is bull.

PukeSter

Decided to try out the original Turrican, the so called "Metroid of Europe". Played it on the amiga emulator of course since the 16-bit console versions are unfortunately shitty.

Holy moly it is a fantastic game! I had a lot of fun blasting through all the levels and finding secrets. It's similar to Mega Turrican which I love on the genesis, but obviously a little more focus on level design than bosses.

Both games have a really annoying (lengthy and maze-like) stage 4 as well. If you die in either stage 3 or stage 4 you may as well reset your system, especially since stage 4 has almost no extra lives available.

The arsenal is good, you have either a multiple shot or a powerful laser. You also have a 360 degree zapper that can destroy enemies and open areas. Secondary options include wave bombs, mines and extremely powerful grenades

There are plenty of extra lives to find, but they all fall out of the air. Once out of sight you cannot get them. It's practically impossible to get any of these in the jetpack level. You also start with a good amount of continues and can get more, but if you use one you start at the beginning of the world.

You can pretty much cheese most of the bosses though. You can turn into an invincible wheel and stay in that form as long as you like, and you can even shoot out of it. The only boss where this doesn't really work is the piranha, which you must shoot in the eye using the zapper. Maybe also the Block guy, which has an alcove that you must stand in and shoot out of.

Definitely a must play, just not on the pc engine.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2018, 11:21 PMDecided to try out the original Turrican, the so called "Metroid of Europe". Played it on the amiga emulator of course since the 16-bit console versions are unfortunately shitty.

Holy moly it is a fantastic game! I had a lot of fun blasting through all the levels and finding secrets. It's similar to Mega Turrican which I love on the genesis, but obviously a little more focus on level design than bosses.

Both games have a really annoying (lengthy and maze-like) stage 4 as well. If you die in either stage 3 or stage 4 you may as well reset your system, especially since stage 4 has almost no extra lives available.

The arsenal is good, you have either a multiple shot or a powerful laser. You also have a 360 degree zapper that can destroy enemies and open areas. Secondary options include wave bombs, mines and extremely powerful grenades

There are plenty of extra lives to find, but they all fall out of the air. Once out of sight you cannot get them. It's practically impossible to get any of these in the jetpack level. You also start with a good amount of continues and can get more, but if you use one you start at the beginning of the world.

You can pretty much cheese most of the bosses though. You can turn into an invincible wheel and stay in that form as long as you like, and you can even shoot out of it. The only boss where this doesn't really work is the piranha, which you must shoot in the eye using the zapper. Maybe also the Block guy, which has an alcove that you must stand in and shoot out of.

Definitely a must play, just not on the pc engine.
I tried many years ago but never made it too far in Turrican...this was before I was willing to read guides/FAQs/walkthroughs... but now, after reading your enthusiastic praise, I feel like I *will definitely* revisit Turrican.

Gypsy

I've been playing a lot of Witcher 2. There are some changes I don't like from the first game. Mainly that you get almost no experience from killing monsters (it's basically all tied into quests) and combat is much more about patience. Still, I'm having a lot of fun.

PukeSter

Esty, it's definitely worth a shot.

Just played through Turrican 2. Took a couple tries but it was about the same difficulty. Unlike Turrican 1 which starts off easy, Turrican 2 starts off harder. The shooter level is so much easier though and plays a lot nicer! Even better soundtrack too

crazydean

I played Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES all weekend. Like the rest of the series, you have to beat the game twice to fight the final boss and get the true ending. Unfortunately, the weapon they make you use for the final boss the second time is the "Goddess' Bracelet" and it sucks. I made it all the way to the end but just couldn't do it. ](*,)

gheebee

Since last weekend most of my free time has been going to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Started this one in Sept. but then took a break for Oct. movie watching and then didn't really feel like playing again until last weekend. It's not that I got tired of the game but I really prefer to play it when I'm willing to spend pretty much all day on it and it wasn't until last weekend that I felt like playing games like this. In the 33+ hours I put in Sat. – Mon. I managed to go up 17 levels (level 52) and complete the 10th story mission, which was actually the only story mission I ever died doing. Leveling up becomes so easy once you get a skell!
I was actually trying to hold off on the story missions until I had Nagi and Murderess leveled at their necessary affinity levels but things got a bit tedious trying to do this since the only missions I could seem to find after not very long without doing another story mission were annoying Gathering missions; I tend to not focus on these and then just accept them when I'm at the terminal and see that I've already collected everything for them as trying to collect specific items often tends to get annoying. I also can no longer seem to find Nagi after dropping him from the party to do Chapter 9 but I'm sure I'll stumble upon him again at some point.
Anyway, the plan for now is to get Nagi and Murderess' affinity levels up, hit level 60, go up one more Blade Level to get Bio up to 4 like Mechanical and Archoelogical, and do the Off the Record missions before I start Chapter 11; hopefully the game will not make this too tedious...

Digi.k

finally beat this mess of a game. Xeno Chronicles 2.  It's fun but also terribly frustrating.

I do like most of the characters.

Always surprising when you launch a huge ass enemy into the air
/wbKHY0X.gif

gheebee

Continued along with Xenoblade Chronicles X this Sat and managed to find a great grinding spot to quickly level up from 57 to 60 but that was about all the progress I made. I got 3 missions where I just can't beat the required enemies. One is the "insect you must defeat" from one of the Off the Record missions, another is that White Whale mission where you have to fight off enemies for 3 minutes (on one attempt I went in with 4 skells, lost them all, and then died with 4 seconds left on the clock!!!), and the other is the enemy you have to kill in the second part of the mission where you have to generate 130,000 credits in one tick; I can't beat any of these challenges and ruined all my skells except for one trying to.
So I guess for now my goal in the game is to simply accumulate money to buy better skells for the whole team. Figured I could do this by just leaving the game on since I'm getting 130,000 credits per tick now but I just read that if you're not actually playing it won't work past 1 tick. The salvage prices get kind of ridiculous in this game too, to salvage my best skell it will cost over 2,400,000 credits!

PukeSter

Played some Castlevania Chronicles (X68K mode of course). Challenging but a lot of fun, and the best soundtrack (3 versions no less) in the entire series!!

I think I like it more than Super IV but less than Rondo and Bloodlines overall.