RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Bought my very first PC Engine system

Started by cireza, 01/29/2018, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cireza

I finally decided and bought myself a PC-Engine. Wooooo  :dance:

A French seller was selling a RGB + recapped Duo, and I decided to get it. Price seemed decent, however there is no controller. I need to find one...

I will surely be getting recommendations from you for games in the future, probably in this thread if it suits you all. I understand that you are all veterans from this console, but still hope that you can share the passion ! Being a veteran gamer of Sega and Nintendo consoles (that I know very well), it becomes sometimes difficult after all these years to still feel and share the passion... But I am rambling, sorry about that :lol:

I am particularly interested in CD-Games that are easily playable (which means in English or no need to read Japanese, I will take a look at the pinned topic) and of course Hucard games. To make this clear I will probably be getting an everdrive, which does not exclude getting a few originals of course.

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

SignOfZeta

Yeah, Prince of Persia. That's about it.
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

cireza

Will take a look at Prince of Persia...

I will try games, thanks for the advice.

Any advice concerning controllers ? Do you know if there are adapters out there, to use a MegaDrive controller on PC-Engine for example ?

NecroPhile

The only adapters I know of are for using PS1 controllers on PCE.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: cireza on 01/29/2018, 03:20 PMI finally decided myself and bought a PC-Engine. Wooooo  :dance:

A French seller was selling a RGB + recapped Duo, and I decided to get it. Price seemed decent, however there is no controller. I need to find one...

I will surely be getting recommendations from you for games in the future, probably in this thread if it suits you all. I understand that you are all veterans from this console, but still hope that you can share the passion ! Being a veteran gamer of Sega and Nintendo consoles (that I know very well), it becomes sometimes difficult after all these years to still feel and share the passion... But I am rambling, sorry about that :lol:

I am particularly interested in CD-Games that are easily playable (which means in English or no need to read Japanese, I will take a look at the pinned topic) and of course Hucard games. To make this clear I will probably be getting an everdrive, which does not exclude getting a few originals of course.
Comrade, if you like shootemups, grab any cheap CD shootemup and have fun.

Ask us if you want opinions on any game.

Otherwise...

Prince of Persia
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

Congrats OP!

Despite its obscurity, the pce has pretty of good entry-level games for retro gamers. There's plenty of franchises or popular developers who made great games for the system.

If you're a Hudson, Taito or Namco fan then you struck gold. There are even some really cool sega ports.

turboswimbz

Congrats. PCE passion never dulls unlike that Nintendo fanboy stuff.

Look at the list Black Tiger linked, there are a ton of fun games on there to try. (PoP is a good game but there are sooooo many more awesome PCE games to try)

Here are some great  CD games from that list that aren't crazy expensive yet I still suggest tyring before buying though :

Gotzendiener
Puyo Puyo CD
Splash Lake
RANMA 1/2 - DATŌ, GANSO MUSABETSU KAKUTŌ-RYŪ!
 Road Spirits
Gate of Thunder
 Baby Jo
Psychic Storm
Star Parodier
Super Raiden
Conan Future Boy
Crest of Wolf (Riot Zone)
 Pomping World (Buster Bros).
R-TYPE Complete CD
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

cireza

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 03:53 PMThe only adapters I know of are for using PS1 controllers on PCE.
I prefer buying a controller than playing with a PS1 controller  :lol:

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/29/2018, 04:46 PMCongrats. PCE passion never dulls unlike that Nintendo fanboy stuff.
I don't really know about Nintendo passion, never was a big fan, however my Sega passion is still going strong after all these years 8)

Thanks for the games list, I will check it out tomorrow.

Is Prince of Persia some kind of rolling gag around here ? :lol:
I watched some gameplay and it looked pretty good. Also, great music.

Why are there some switches above the I and II buttons on the controllers ? What a strange design. I believe most games only use two buttons anyway ?

NecroPhile

If Prince of Persia is a rolling gag it's a new one.  It's not horrible but it's not great either.

Baby Jo, however, is about as bad as it gets.  The rest of swimmy's picks are pretty good, but that one......  just no.  NOOOOOO!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 06:15 PMIf Prince of Persia is a rolling gag it's a new one.  It's not horrible but it's not great either.

Baby Jo, however, is about as bad as it gets.  The rest of swimmy's picks are pretty good, but that one......  just no.  NOOOOOO!
I like Jo

maybe I'm wierd
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 01/29/2018, 05:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 03:53 PMThe only adapters I know of are for using PS1 controllers on PCE.
I prefer buying a controller than playing with a PS1 controller  :lol:

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/29/2018, 04:46 PMCongrats. PCE passion never dulls unlike that Nintendo fanboy stuff.
I don't really know about Nintendo passion, never was a big fan, however my Sega passion is still going strong after all these years 8)

Thanks for the games list, I will check it out tomorrow.

Is Prince of Persia some kind of rolling gag around here ? :lol:
I watched some gameplay and it looked pretty good. Also, great music.

Why are there some switches above the I and II buttons on the controllers ? What a strange design. I believe most games only use two buttons anyway ?
1) We're making fun of Prince of Persia as a single suggestion because it's a bit odd to list by itself. it's okay but nothing special.  there are several great CD games like the Ys series that are amazing. also, Zeta tends to be a bit ornery every now and then, but he's a good guy.

2)  Those switches are for turbo controls for each button.  Especially useful for the many shoot em ups.   Several games do offer a third button command most often mapped to select. there are 3 button controllers you can get.  A standard PCE pad will work just fine for most of the non-fighting games.

crazydean

Lords of Thunder is my favorite shooter ever and favorite CD game on PCE.

Dynastic Hero
Cotton
Rondo of Blood
Star Parodier
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Ys Book 1 and 2
Ys 4 English patch

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 06:15 PMIf Prince of Persia is a rolling gag it's a new one.  It's not horrible but it's not great either.

Road Spirits plays itself, but he also mentioned some INTENSE SHINING GEMS. That Ranma game is really fun and like $10 or something.

CrackTiger

Quote from: cireza on 01/29/2018, 03:46 PMWill take a look at Prince of Persia...

I will try games, thanks for the advice.

Any advice concerning controllers ? Do you know if there are adapters out there, to use a MegaDrive controller on PC-Engine for example ?
Segasonicfan has designed a Mega Drive to PC Engine adapter for his Uni-Gen converter. I don't know if he is offering any for sale yet, but may be interested in putting together another prototype version.

https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro/store
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sparky

Download and Download 2 are great games to look into, a bit pricey but what else is f@cking new.

cireza

Taking note of all the suggestions.

I had planned to get Lords of Thunder. I also want Castlevania, but the prices are high, despite the game not seeming rare as there are tenths of listings on ebay for example...

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/29/2018, 06:45 PM

Road Spirits plays itself, but he also mentioned some INTENSE SHINING GEMS. That Ranma game is really fun and like $10 or something.
Yeah but you can pick up RS for super cheap.  I was trying to pick a variety of games that aren't too expensive to start with.  Most of those games aren't going to blow anyone out of the water, but you could have fun with em all, even if a few are teh easy/not a whole lotta replay.   You could pick up most of that list for decent prices and enjoy a variety of games off the bat kinda deal.  I'm sure the OP will check them out and see if they are games they could possible enjoy.  At least that was my thinking, I'm not suggesting everyone run out and get RS or Jo.  (Energy and Wonder Momo would be better choices hahaha  <- do actually enjoy those games too though)

Note: For games like Ys or Dac X OR download/tiger/heli (WHICH ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME AS HELL) you can always emulate/CDR or try em fist before you buy them.  Which I would suggest, nothing worse than spending 100-500 USD on a game to find out you don't like it very much.

Gypsy

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/30/2018, 08:41 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/29/2018, 06:45 PM

Yeah but you can pick up RS for super cheap.  I was trying to pick a variety of games that aren't too expensive to start with.  Most of those games aren't going to blow anyone out of the water, but you could have fun with em all, even if a few are teh easy/not a whole lotta replay.   You could pick up most of that list for decent prices and enjoy a variety of games off the bat kinda deal.  I'm sure the OP will check them out and see if they are games they could possible enjoy.  At least that was my thinking, I'm not suggesting everyone run out and get RS or Jo.  (Energy and Wonder Momo would be better choices hahaha  <- do actually enjoy those games too though)

Note: For games like Ys or Dac X OR download/tiger/heli (WHICH ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME AS HELL) you can always emulate/CDR or try em fist before you buy them.  Which I would suggest, nothing worse than spending 100-500 USD on a game to find out you don't like it very much.
Road Spirits is alright, I just had to point that out. :p

Star Parodier is awesome, so I'm glad it keeps getting mentioned. Another easy game, but it's really cool visually and you have options for your "ship" which adds replay-ability. The PC Engine is the most OP, iirc.

Quote from: cireza on 01/30/2018, 06:58 AMTaking note of all the suggestions.

I had planned to get Lords of Thunder. I also want Castlevania, but the prices are high, despite the game not seeming rare as there are tenths of listings on ebay for example...
There is no rhyme or reason to game prices.

cireza

I started looking at the games you recommended, and also at all games available on CD and Super CD. Of course I have not been through the entire list yet...

Dynastic Hero
Cotton
Rondo of Blood
Ys I & II
Ys III
Ys IV
Xak III
Gotzendiener (really liked what I saw on this one)
Gate of Thunder
Winds of Thunder
Valis Phantasm Soldier
Crest of Wolf
Spriggan
Spriggan Mark 2

I am also building a list of games I need to check some more.

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 01/31/2018, 03:34 AMI started looking at the games you recommended, and also at all games available on CD and Super CD. Of course I have not been through the entire list yet...
Gotzendiener (really liked what I saw on this one)
I am also building a list of games I need to check some more.
Gotzendiener is really cool, but i should mention that it A) is somewhat short B) feels unfinished as several things in the game don't have a know use but it also has a cool metroid lonely feeling also C) I still enjoy it a ton, and find it a really neat bit of gaming.

NecroPhile

+1 on ze Gotz being clunky, unfinished, and buggy but I still love it.  It's cheap and there's nothing else like it on PCE, so it's at least worth a look.

PukeSter

Don't forget Tenchi Wo Kurau, River City Ransom and Rainbow Islands!

There's also an unofficial release of a caravan shooter by Konami, called Force Gear

Winniez

I don't know about the CD library but considering hucards.
Most of the really good games are atleast moderately expensive and I'm sure you are already familiar with most of them. The best Hucard game in my opinnion is Soldier Blade.

Here are some cheap hucards that may fly under the radar but are still enjoyable. Or more like the cheapest games worth playing without knowing japanese. I haven't checked the prices in a while though. And as someone said before, always worth testing the games via emulation before buying.

Be Ball
Bikkuriman World
Blodia
Bomberman
Columns
Cyber Core
Doaremon games
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorers
Galaga '88 (this has the best price to quality ratio out of all the hucards in my opinnion)
Kato Chan & Ken Chan
Klax
Kung Fu (this one is debatable but I like it)
Majin Eiyuuden Wataru (aka Keith Courage, worth the price of admission)
Momotarou Katsugeki
Ordyne
Side Arms
Victory Run
Volfied
Yokai Dochuki
+various sport games (I especially like Final Match Tennis and Power Eleven)

All 4 Konami Hucards (Gradius, Salamander, Parodius and Twinbee) are solid aswell and I think they still are relatively affordable.

Gypsy

Quote from: Winniez on 01/31/2018, 04:42 PMI don't know about the CD library but considering hucards.
Most of the really good games are atleast moderately expensive and I'm sure you are already familiar with most of them. The best Hucard game in my opinnion is Soldier Blade.

Here are some cheap hucards that may fly under the radar but are still enjoyable. Or more like the cheapest games worth playing without knowing japanese. I haven't checked the prices in a while though. And as someone said before, always worth testing the games via emulation before buying.

Be Ball
Bikkuriman World
Blodia
Bomberman
Columns
Cyber Core
Doaremon games
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorers
Galaga '88 (this has the best price to quality ratio out of all the hucards in my opinnion)
Kato Chan & Ken Chan
Klax
Kung Fu (this one is debatable but I like it)
Majin Eiyuuden Wataru (aka Keith Courage, worth the price of admission)
Momotarou Katsugeki
Ordyne
Side Arms
Victory Run
Volfied
Yokai Dochuki
+various sport games (I especially like Final Match Tennis and Power Eleven)

All 4 Konami Hucards (Gradius, Salamander, Parodius and Twinbee) are solid aswell and I think they still are relatively affordable.
Oh man, you should check out the cd library at some point. It's really nice.

I think you covered most of the solid cheaper hucards here, as well as a few I didn't care for such as Blodia, Kung Fu and Volfied. I'd throw Final Lap Twin in there, that game is pretty fun. The Neutopias are reasonable if you get the PCE hu and not the US/Turbob hu. Ordyne I'd be on the fence about. I thought it was below average to okay. An interesting purchase when it was like $8 loose/$15 complete, but I think it's about doubled since then.

You are right about most of the better games being pretty pricey. It's not a super friendly system to get into in terms of price (you can always everdrive of course). I started picking up Japanese PS1 games recently by comparison (*waves at Arkhan*) and I've already got some REALLY cool games for damn fine prices not on eBay. Part of it of course is just the PS1 has soooo many games that just by volume there are lots of cool games well out of the youtube/instagram/facebook collectard eye.

Winniez

I really like the CD-library, PC Engine CD has to be one of the best console addons of all time in terms of quality unique titles. In general I'm not fan of the arranged music though, out of all the older consoles PC-Engine has my favourit soundchip.
I just meant I don't know CDs collecting wise. I only collect Hucards and don't have any means to play the CD-games. So its emulation for me unfortunally.

Gypsy

Quote from: Winniez on 01/31/2018, 05:37 PMI really like the CD-library, PC Engine CD has to be one of the best console addons of all time in terms of quality unique titles. In general I'm not fan of the arranged music though, out of all the older consoles PC-Engine has my favourit soundchip.
I just meant I don't know CDs collecting wise. I only collect Hucards and don't have any means to play the CD-games. So its emulation for me unfortunally.
Ah okay, I misunderstood. Emulation is pretty good, I was playing Neutopia in English that way recently since I don't have an ED.

cireza

I am still looking at the games. For Hucard games, I will be getting an Everdrive. I am here for the fun.

Concerning CD games, the ones that seem interesting and are probably among the best on the system do look expensive. I am not too sure about what I am going to do about it, maybe I will buy a game once in a while, but I am definitely not going to buy 10 games at 100$ like this.

Anyway, I have seen two JRPGs that look really awesome : Seiya Monogatari and Xanadu II. Did not check the prices yet.

Also discovered a pretty good website called PC Engine Bible I think. Very useful place.

The very first CD games I would like to buy are Ys I & II in English and Spprigan. Both are already very expensive. I already picked Gotzendeiner, it was cheap and I will use it to test my console once I receive it  :o

I have also seen a number of "PCE WORKS" games. I don't understand why they are so expensive being repros. Retro video game market and prices are really becoming insane.

Glad I built my Sega Saturn collection when I was younger...

tbone3969

Just burn the CD games.  Problem solved.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

tbone3969

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMGlad I built my Sega Saturn collection when I was younger...
Have any Sega Saturn games you want to trade?  I have some of the heavy hitter PC Engine CD games I would be willing to part with.  PM me if interested.

NecroPhile

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMAnyway, I have seen two JRPGs that look really awesome : Seiya Monogatari and Xanadu II. Did not check the prices yet.
Neither is terribly expensive, both are fantastic games, and both have translation projects in the works.  The first Xanadu is also awesome and is being translated.

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMAlso discovered a pretty good website called PC Engine Bible I think. Very useful place.
That's a great site.  My other go to sites for PCE reviews, screenies, etc. are Brothers Duomazov and Video Game Den.

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMThe very first CD games I would like to buy are Ys I & II in English and Spprigan. Both are already very expensive. I already picked Gotzendeiner, it was cheap and I will use it to test my console once I receive it  :o
Princess Kickass!  I hope ya give it a chance, look past the flaws, and end up liking it.

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMI have also seen a number of "PCE WORKS" games. I don't understand why they are so expensive being repros. Retro video game market and prices are really becoming insane.
Yarr, it's nuts.  It's stupid how much some peeps try to flip his boots for (and some sell!) when many of 'em can still be bought from Tobias for far less.

cireza

Quote from: tbone3969 on 02/01/2018, 10:52 AMHave any Sega Saturn games you want to trade?  I have some of the heavy hitter PC Engine CD games I would be willing to part with.  PM me if interested.
Would you be interested in 32X PAL games ? Because Saturn I am not really looking into getting rid of any game (love them all ! :) )

I also have one pretty expensive Neo Geo CD game I am willing to exchange if you wish. Maybe some Dreamcast games too.

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2018, 11:03 AMof 'em can still be bought from Tobias for far less.
Is Tobias someone from the forum ?

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 11:46 AMIs Tobias someone from the forum ?
Tobias is the lying *&^#^ #&@%^ who is/runs/owns/ PCEworks.

cireza

Quote from: turboswimbz on 02/01/2018, 11:51 AM
Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 11:46 AMIs Tobias someone from the forum ?
Tobias is the lying *&^#^ #&@%^ who is/runs/owns/ PCEworks.
Understood. I did not get the meaning of the sentence correctly at first.

The repros seem to be very well done. Too bad he is doing this illegally and stealing people's work.

Gypsy

Man I was gonna post some stuff but NecroPhile covered it all. I will second that the PCE bible is great and I am stoked for those RPG fan translations.

cireza

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/01/2018, 12:48 PMI am stoked for those RPG fan translations.
Definitely the best thing around for retro gamers, with quality rom hacks and everdrive/sd based cartridges. Bless the community.

I played Shining Force III entirely translated on my Saturn on my CRT TV. Awesomeness. Hoping that Princess Crown's translation gets resumed !

I even made a humble romhack of Shining Force II "Gong Edition" (can be found on romhacking).

esteban

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 10:44 AMAlso discovered a pretty good website called PC Engine Bible I think. Very useful place.
Absolutely. :)

SuperPlay has a thread that lists hundreds(?) of links (and brief descriptions) for many wonderful TG-16/PCE resources.

Just randomly clicking on any link in that thread will make you happy.

:)

Also, if you are interested in magazines, I have a stalled project here:

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm

Where you can find some neat stuff...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: cireza on 02/01/2018, 01:29 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 02/01/2018, 12:48 PMI am stoked for those RPG fan translations.
Definitely the best thing around for retro gamers, with quality rom hacks and everdrive/sd based cartridges. Bless the community.

I played Shining Force III entirely translated on my Saturn on my CRT TV. Awesomeness. Hoping that Princess Crown's translation gets resumed !

I even made a humble romhack of Shining Force II "Gong Edition" (can be found on romhacking).
Rock on. I beat the first one last year. I need to get alcohol on my new tower so I can burn off stuff again.

Winniez

Just don't "Rock On" too literally, that game sucks :)

cireza

Still waiting for my controller and Gotzen Deiner.

I managed to get a decent offer on 4 games that I am interested in from a seller I bought often from on ebay. So these will be my first batch of games, very excited to be finally able to try the console :o

These 4 games are Spriggan Mark 2, Gate of Thunder, Anearth Fantasy Story and Altered Beast.

There are other games that I definitely need to get someday : Spriggan, Rondo of Blood, Winds of Thunder and Ys I II US. Building this small collection of ~10 CD games might end up being a bit expensive  :?

tbone3969

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 02/05/2018, 02:49 PMStill waiting for my controller and Gotzen Deiner.

I managed to get a decent offer on 4 games that I am interested in from a seller I bought often from on ebay. So these will be my first batch of games, very excited to be finally able to try the console :o

These 4 games are Spriggan Mark 2, Gate of Thunder, Anearth Fantasy Story and Altered Beast.

There are other games that I definitely need to get someday : Spriggan, Rondo of Blood, Winds of Thunder and Ys I II US. Building this small collection of ~10 CD games might end up being a bit expensive  :?
Yeah several of those games are quite pricey, but most of them are pretty awesome.  (you can always cheat and burn/emulate as well.)  Those four games should keep you busy with fun till you can swing some more though.

cireza

Quote from: turboswimbz on 02/05/2018, 02:55 PMYeah several of those games are quite pricey, but most of them are pretty awesome.  (you can always cheat and burn/emulate as well.)  Those four games should keep you busy with fun till you can swing some more though.
I don't really like using burned games on my consoles, but I will give it a try no worries.

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 02/05/2018, 03:10 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 02/05/2018, 02:55 PMYeah several of those games are quite pricey, but most of them are pretty awesome.  (you can always cheat and burn/emulate as well.)  Those four games should keep you busy with fun till you can swing some more though.
I don't really like using burned games on my consoles, but I will give it a try no worries.
Eh I figured as much, but sometimes it's a nice option when you just can't or won't justify paying $$$4 for a game.

Gypsy

Quote from: turboswimbz on 02/05/2018, 03:13 PM
Quote from: cireza on 02/05/2018, 03:10 PM
Eh I figured as much, but sometimes it's a nice option when you just can't or won't justify paying $$$4 for a game.
The price on Rondo is really dumb. Great game and I enjoyed it, but paying like $200 or w/e to play the PCE version seems awful.

It's just a bad time to be buying PCE games in general. I already have more than enough PCE games (and can burn w/e else) so lately I've been digging into PS1. So many great titles for $15 or less. I actually hadn't really explored the PS1 library much outside of JRPGs. Though there is of course some splash over with Saturn which I've played tons of.

cireza

Quote from: turboswimbz on 02/05/2018, 03:13 PMEh I figured as much, but sometimes it's a nice option when you just can't or won't justify paying $$$4 for a game.
I almost never buy games that are more than 100$. And even buying something between 60 and 100$ is the exception.

With some patience, I am pretty sure that I can find some decent prices for most of the games I want, except for Rondo.

Finally, if I buy a game 200$, I can sell it one year later and it will still be worth 200$. The value never really goes down. So at least, retro video-games are not too bad an investment.

turboswimbz

Quote from: cireza on 02/06/2018, 07:09 AMretro video-games are not too bad an investment.
Cringe

tbone3969

Buy low, sell high.  Love making money off retro.  Keep em coming.

Gypsy

Games are better than gold. LOCK IN YOUR RETURNS NOW FOLKS.