RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

OK, I'm banking that I got it, so here's the next one:

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/mysteryA.gif

_Paul

Joe Redifer

Hey!  We're still trying to guess the fight scene one.  Anyway Chris' is Aldynes, whether he likes it or not.

Turbo D

I thought it was starfox ported to the turbo
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ccovell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/08/2007, 07:56 PMHey!  We're still trying to guess the fight scene one.  Anyway Chris' is Aldynes, whether he likes it or not.
Haha, I like it!

But it's not Aldynes.  I knew someone would think it was Spiral Wave, but it isn't that either.

ParanoiaDragon

Well it's obviously Drop Off!  So, here's mine ..................... :dance:
IMG

_Paul

erm...Silent Debuggers perhaps?

NecroPhile

Uh... it ain't from an Alshark cinema, is it?

Since it's been nearly a week, can we have a hint?  Pretty please?  With sugar on top?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ccovell

Here's a hint:  It was a launch title.    :-"

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 08/14/2007, 03:19 PMHere's a hint:  It was a launch title.    :-"
Blazing Lazers
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

He didn't say which region.  Could be EU for all we know.

NecroPhile

Uhhh... Super Star Soldier (VC launch title)?

awack

I know what it is, battle ace.

Joe Redifer

Hmmm... that IS a SuperGrafx launch title, I believe.  Nice!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

_Paul

You expected us to play right through that pile of turd just to get the answer???

Joe Redifer

I did think of a SuperGrafx game, but I couldn't even remember which one.  I knew I saw that ship in a magazine photo back in he day.  So I picked Aldynes.  I totally forgot about Battle Ace.  Ah well, that's why someone else won!

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2007, 02:46 PMYou expected us to play right through that pile of turd just to get the answer???
I thought everybody already had!   :mrgreen:

awack

CrackTiger

Makes me think of Columns.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

ccovell

Hmm... looks like Sylphia or Chou Aniki...

awack

No correct answer so far.

esteban

awack

QuoteHellfire?
Its not Hellfire.

Keranu

Parodius?

I thought it was Columns too at first.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

awack

Im going to go ahead and give a clue....its a super cd game.

esteban

Quote from: awack on 08/19/2007, 05:01 PMIm going to go ahead and give a clue....its a super cd game.
Sewer Shark!

ccovell

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

awack

Next clue, the game belongs to a genre that the pc engine is considered to be lacking in.

ccovell

Side-scrolling beat-em-ups...  so, Double Dragon II?

NecroPhile

In the same vein.... Downtown Nekketsu?

awack

ccovell got it, it is indeed double dragon II.

IMG
https://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/awack/dd2pce161.gif

esteban

Quote from: awack on 08/21/2007, 02:02 PMccovell got it, it is indeed double dragon II.

IMG
Awesome. I would not have been able to get this without your most recent clue. And I love that you stumped us with a rather large piece of the scenery, as opposed to an image of a few scattered pixels on a blue background.

Keranu

That was a great screenshot!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ccovell

esteban

CrackTiger

I think I know what game thats from, I just don't remember what its called. :P

Joe Redifer

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2007, 07:53 PMI think I know what game that's from, I just don't remember what it's called. :P
That's not how one goes about winning this game.

Keranu

IMG

Turbo D

wow, cool, I have to play that game. I was sure it was shockman at first, but then I was confused, haha.
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

esteban

OK, since I am a cheater, I'm going to post a partial screenshot. You folks have the power to veto it, especially Keranu, since it is his turn.

mystery.gif
https://junk.tg-16.com/images/mystery.gif