@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

ccovell

That almost looks like the ending to Dragon Spirit.  But heck, it's 30 pixels.  It can look like anything.

Turbo D

Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Double Dungeons?

Night Creatures?

Shape Shifter?

Sherlock Holmes??

Some Mahjong game?

Strip Fighter 2?

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Bomberman?

Eventually, one of us will get this. There are only a few hundred games, right?

Keranu

Nope, keep trying guys.

Don't know if you guys can tell, but that's actually a little person in the distance.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/28/2007, 11:26 PM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/28/2007, 10:33 PMThose colors brought to mind Drac X.....may I ask, where that is?  Is that blue a part of Richter?  Or is that maybe a scene from Stage 4' or 5?

Oh, & anybody can take my place for the next screenshot.
Its the cross symbol on the status thing in the corner.

IMG
IMG

Thats pretty crazy that you got it without recognizing it. :P

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/28/2007, 10:47 PMAlright, how about this one:
ys4.png
Extremely misleading hint:  This isn't on the Genesis!
It had better not be Ys IV. :wink:
It's the color, there was a lot of blue in Drac X, & that shade of blue, immediately brought to mind that game.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Raiden?  Spriggan?  Toilet Kids?
IMG

ccovell

Joe Redifer

Air Denjin?

Super Air Denjin CD?

(Note:  US names for games are strictly NOT allowed in this forum since we are in love with Japan).

Keranu

Nope. And don't count on any Japanese names for this one ;) .
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

awack

John Madden football?
It came from the desert?

Joe Redifer

Quotelazerdorks.org/~keranu/whodat.png
Falcon ?

Ghost Manor ?

Impossamole ?

oooo, wait...
Jack Niklaus Turbo Golf????

NecroPhile

Errr.... TV Sports Hockey?  Dragon Slayer?  World Court Tennis?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Nope, but I think you guys are getting warmer.
IMG

awack

Camp california?
addams family?

Keranu

IMG

esteban

Lode Runner?
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
Fatal Fury?
Atlas: Renaissance Voyager?

:)

Keranu

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

There's a good clue I want to post, but I think it would give it away too easily.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Post the first 5 letters of the clue.

ParanoiaDragon

TV Sports Football?  TV Sports Basketball?  TV Sports Baseball?  Final Lap Twin?
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/31/2007, 02:14 AMPost the first 5 letters of the clue.
That would reveal the whole clue  :mrgreen: .

Quote from: PDTV Sports Football?  TV Sports Basketball?  TV Sports Baseball?  Final Lap Twin?
Nope, but I sense that you are getting a little closer.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Keranu

Nope, but wasn't that "game" made in Japan?
IMG

_Paul

So it's sports related then...

Keranu

IMG

Joe Redifer

Andre Panza Kick Boxing

Battle Royal

Camp California

I'm betting it's one of the last two.  If it's not then it's the first one.  If it's not any of those, it's some other game.

ParanoiaDragon

Aw man, I just figured it out, ha ha, it's Champions Forever Boxing!  It's a sports game, made in the US, & has little people in the background, very clever!
IMG

ccovell

No, it's gotta be the little dude in Andre Panza Kick Boxing.

ParanoiaDragon

You know what Chris, you might be right......both games were made oustide of Japan.  I'm starting to think it is Andre Panza, so I think Joe won.
IMG

Keranu

Andre Panza is correct! JOE WINS! CONGRATULATIONS !!
IMG

Joe Redifer

Alright, take on this cRaZy screenshot!

IMG

Hooray!

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yep!  I figured someone might get that right away.  Perhaps I showed too much?  Should have stuck with just the blue. 

Your turn!

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, it's the green on the bottom that curves down, that's a dead giveaway.
IMG

Turbo D

Here you go then, hehehe

IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

Yeah, how many other games have Space Harrier effects coupled with ninjas?  None.

Turbo D

haha, that game is bad ass  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

Yup, it actually has cool graphics, great music, and interesting gameplay.   Way too difficult, though.  It's only fun if you cheat your way through.

Okay, here's my next one:

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/MysteryI.gif

Keranu

Star Parodia! If it's not that, then Panic Bomberman.
IMG

M1Savage

Gotta be Travel Epuru. Crazy game!

Keranu

Oh yes, I think you're right!
IMG