OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Favorite lower-right corners of HuCards?

Started by Kitsunexus, 10/16/2007, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

What is your favorite lower-right corner of a Hucard (when viewed vertically with the chip on top)?

I kinda like Bonk's Adventure.

IMG

/1590270420_ec39bd189e_o.jpg
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/16/2007, 02:24 PMI kinda like Bonk's Adventure.
I disagree that one's total garbage the bottom right corner of Blazing Lazers is way better - I can spend hours with it...
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

NecroPhile

Can these polls get any lamer?  <--- This is not a challenge, so please don't try.

Any who, here's the überest bottom right HuCard corner:

dracxhu1.jpg

* Mad props to CrackTiger for da image.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arjak

Wow! I didn't know Dracula X came out on HuCard! :wink:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Keranu

I actually really like this thread. I'll try to get back to you on what my favorite lower-right corner is.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

_Paul

Has to be Parodius because of the penguin!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Oooo nice and clean!!!  Someone sure takes good care of their stuff!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

That's sad, actually. If I ever get a HuCard in less than pristine shape I always wash it thoroughly 'til it shines. Even the shitty ones.

Although there really is no saving my Blazing Lazers cart:

IMG
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Turbo D

Its actually an extra copy I got with a lot on ebay a while back. Since its loose and I already had a mint complete one, I didn't bother to clean it. As far as using the shitty one in the picture, I was too lazy to take the mint one out of its box. The loose one stays on my desk with other loose games for turboexpress playing.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Man that Falcon HuCard has really nice artwork!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteMan that Falcon HuCard has really nice artwork!
Yeah, I was always pretty proud of that HuCard art back when I actually had that game. Mainly because none of my other HuCards had any art on them. Every time I'd buy a game I'd be like, "Please have art work. Please have art work on the HuCard." Then I'd open the case and be disappointed with just some coloured text, but at least the game was usually good. Then I get Falcon and it actually had artwork, but too bad the game sucked ass.  :P

No, actually I kinda liked Falcon. I could've taken the game back, but I really enjoyed that game. Maybe I was just impressed with the scaling polygons.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

Yeah the American HuCards with actual pictures on them were pretty cool! I love Legendary Axe II's HuCard! However Splatterhouse did have a wicked awesome HuCard too.

And I agree about Falcon: I love it's old-skool polygons, but the game itself is just too slow and boring!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Falcon has nice Hucard art.

But for my money, the only flight games I will even go near are:

F22 Air Dominance Fighter (PC)
A-10 Tank Killer 2: Silent Thunder (PC)
Wargasm (PC)
LHX Attack Helicopter (Genesis)
After Burner (Arcade)
G-LOC (Aracde)
Lock-On (SNES)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteAnd I agree about Falcon: I love it's old-skool polygons, but the game itself is just too slow and boring!
Yeah, it was definitely a slow game. But I remember once you get further in the missions the game getting a little more difficult. Though it's been a while, so my memory is a little fuzzy.  #-o
IMG

Turbo D

One of the beefs I have with falcon is that you can't really tell when you are too close to the earths surface and then you're dead.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteOne of the beefs I have with falcon is that you can't really tell when you are too close to the earths surface and then you're dead.
Yeah, I remember that being annoying.  ](*,)
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/18/2007, 08:04 AM
QuoteAnd I agree about Falcon: I love it's old-skool polygons, but the game itself is just too slow and boring!
Yeah, it was definitely a slow game. But I remember once you get further in the missions the game getting a little more difficult. Though it's been a while, so my memory is a little fuzzy.  #-o
I've barely played into the game. I usually just boot it up, admire the polygon towers, and then play like a minute more before turning it off :P . It's a game I need to purchase so I can put more time into, but I still can't see myself playing it much even if I owned it.
IMG