The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Bomberman!

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 11/01/2007, 12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

I've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off! And I wanna get Bomberman Generation for the Gamecube and one of those GBA Bomberman Games. Been on a big Bomberman kick all day yesterday. Plus he's so friggin' cute!!! XD

/1090315139lae6.gif/691758443lrh7.jpg
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

CrackTiger

Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 11/01/2007, 12:49 AMI've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off!
You can buy Saturn Bomberman and a japanese Saturn system for under $75.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2007, 01:13 AM
Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 11/01/2007, 12:49 AMI've been on a BIG Bomberman kick ALL DAY yesterday. He's a cute lil' guy, ain't he? XD Except in that atrocious Bomberman Act Zero of course. Anyway, I have a strong urge to get alot of Bomberman games. I wish I could find a copy of Bomberman '93 that was inexpensive!!! Grrrrrr...... I also wanna get a copy of the Saturn Bomberman game, but forget it! It's going for like 75 bucks! That's a big rip off!
You can buy Saturn Bomberman and a japanese Saturn system for under $75.
Yeah, I guess I will have to get a japanese copy of the game, because it looks like I don't have a choice. :( I don't need a japanese system BTW, I have an Action Replay cart. :)
/forumsiggs6.jpg

PCEngineHell

IMG
I own this,and you can usually find it for 5 bucks. Its a collection,has BomberMan 1 and 93,and BomberMan World on it. Fun stuff for some quick play on your pc thats cheap.

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/01/2007, 02:44 AMIMG
I own this,and you can usually find it for 5 bucks. Its a collection,has BomberMan 1 and 93,and BomberMan World on it. Fun stuff for some quick play on your pc thats cheap.
Damn! I should look for that!
/forumsiggs6.jpg

PCEngineHell

I think I nabbed mine at Big Lots,but I am sure it could be found on ebay dirt cheap. Its great for  aquick Bomber Man fix,esp if you are not near a TG or Pc Engine.

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 11/01/2007, 03:35 AMI think I nabbed mine at Big Lots,but I am sure it could be found on ebay dirt cheap. Its great for  aquick Bomber Man fix,esp if you are not near a TG or Pc Engine.
I bet! Plus there's no time limit like on Magic Engine, thank Heaven.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Tatsujin

i deeply hate all those new bomberman draws as well ingame characters. bomberman was one of the cutes sprites in the PCE era. what they did with him afterwards until nowadays is a sheer heresy!! :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/01/2007, 03:40 AMi deeply hate all those new bomberman draws as well ingame characters. bomberman was one of the cutes sprites in the PCE era. what they did with him afterwards until nowadays is a sheer heresy!! :(
They always do that man, take cute characters and cool characters and totally ruin them.

Bomberman is honestly one of my fave game characters ever, if not my favorite. The games are awesome and the music simply rules.

Thanks for the second pic, Moto, my Zune needs some wallpaper. :)
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/01/2007, 03:40 AMi deeply hate all those new bomberman draws as well ingame characters. bomberman was one of the cutes sprites in the PCE era. what they did with him afterwards until nowadays is a sheer heresy!! :(
Agreed. Bomberman has gotten awfully skinny over the years and I think his eyes have grown even larger... perhaps he got into cocaine after the peak of his career?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

SignOfZeta

You need to learn to buy imports. Bomberman '93 is nice, but '94 is better (IMO), and goes for $15 or less as a PC Engine release.

The same with Saturn Bomberman US. The JP version is probably $12 or so, and has much more ridiculous voices.

These are the two best Bomberman games, by the way.
IMG

Tatsujin

BM'93 is the best BM ever made in the whole universe of god :-" :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

I prefer '94, as it's a whole year better..... err, maybe it's the kangaroos.  If you really want a US '93, keep your eyes open and be patient.  As long as you don't sprout wood for complete versions, then you should be able to pick one up for $35 or so.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

elnino

We already had this discussion in another thread and I have decided that Bomberman '93 is the best Bomberman game out there. Since people call me Big Mother Brain, it seems like the right choice.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

nat

For the Turbo, '94 is best, although '93 curiously has better music. But the level layout and gameplay in '93 doesn't even compare to '94.

I've had a lot of fun with the Dreamcast Bomberman, also.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 11/01/2007, 04:00 AMMy computer just got a wallpaper too:

http://www.wallpaper-desktop.net/wallpapers/games/bomberman/bomberman_012.jpg

EDIT:

♥♥♥!!!

http://www.wallpaper-desktop.net/index.shtml?show=gall&cat=games&gall=bomberman&start=1
Aww, that's so cute!!!! XD

QuoteThanks for the second pic, Moto, my Zune needs some wallpaper.
No problem! Anything for a fellow forum member! :D

SignOfZeta:I don't have a converter to play japanese PC Engine titles on my Turbo, and they're a pain in the ass to find. Also, are you saying that the voice acting in the US version of Saturn Bomberman is better?
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Hobo Xiphas

/bombermanjq1.jpg

Tatsujin

regarding 1P bomberman,  the '94 is maybe the better one, since it offers more complex stages and secrets etc. but i never really went into the fun of playing BM alone.

for the multi-P BM, the '93 ist the ultimate one. here some reasons for:

1. same driving and best ever made BGM in any BMs, taken over from part 1.
2. very balanced with the items (not to much, not to less). the biggest improvement from the 1st BM was the bomb-kicker. this is the most tactical and important item, right after the flame-power.
3. not playing around with some unnecessary falderal nonsense > be simple but efficient is one of BMs most important attributes.
4. and last but not least, its much better and more cute "pause"-picture.

Keranu

I think '93 has better multiplayer while '94 has better single player.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

TR0N

Hmm no love for bomberman generations or jetter for the gc ?

Yeah the,1p mode isn't much but for vs i find it to be pretty good.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

Yeah, no love whatsoever.

I really like Bomberman Land 2 for GC though, which didn't get a US release for some reason. All Bomberman fans should own this game, and no, not the PS2 version.

IMG
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Saturn Bomberman or Super Bomberman (SNES)are my all time favs.  with '94 coming in close behind....

And I love Bomberman '93 too!  Matter of fact I love all bomberman games!!  not too much of a fan of the new Cell shaded stuff, but they're ok.

I remember this thread a while back where I mentioned that I liked Super Bomberman for the SNES and most people were appauled at the thought of me liking that version over the TurboGrafx versions....

lol
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

I've never played Super Bomberman but I heard they sucked.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Tatsujin

Tatsujin

TR0N

Btw any body like this bomberman ?
Neo Bomberman
http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/neo-reviews/neobomberman/neobomerman.htm

I have it for my neogeo mvs.

Still it's down sides are no cable link for 4p since it's only 2p plus the,game is rather easy.
IMG

Turbo D

haven't played it yet, but it looks awesome  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TRON on 11/02/2007, 12:57 AMBtw any body like this bomberman ?
Neo Bomberman

Still it's down sides are no cable link for 4p since it's only 2p plus the,game is rather easy.
It's decent, pretty much typical Bomberman from what I recall. The best part of the game is when you win and the voice says WEINER!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Neo Bomberman

I like it, I don't own it, but I like it. :) I also like the SNES Bomberman games and the Genesis Bomberman game (IT GETS UNFAIRLY DISSED), and OF COURSE the TG-16 games.

I've never played the Saturn version, but from what I've seen, I would imagine I'd like it.

I didn't like the N64 spinoffs and the Dreamcast version is only OK, I never had internet on my DC so I couldn't change the faces. :(

Has anyone ever tried the PS1 games?

Keranu

Bomberman 64 had an awesome single player mode, but multiplayer was pretty weak.
IMG

Turbo D

I really enjoyed it back in the day. I liked how you could change bombermans outfit; it was teh coolest  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

Quote from: nat on 11/02/2007, 12:14 AMI've never played Super Bomberman but I heard they sucked.
You heard wrong.
IMG

nat

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/02/2007, 07:36 AM
Quote from: nat on 11/02/2007, 12:14 AMI've never played Super Bomberman but I heard they sucked.
You heard wrong.
I'm pretty sure I heard right. As to whether or not what I heard was correct or not is up for debate.

guyjin

the SNES games are awesome. You haven't lived until you've gotten into a jelly-bomb fight with 3 other players.

But Saturn Bomberman is probably the best 2d bomberman that will ever be. :cry:

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 11/02/2007, 11:30 AMBut Saturn Bomberman is probably the best 2d bomberman that will ever be. :cry:
Maybe..... but what about Hi-Ten Bomberman?

guyjin

can't say; haven't played it.

nat

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/02/2007, 12:23 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 11/02/2007, 11:30 AMBut Saturn Bomberman is probably the best 2d bomberman that will ever be. :cry:
Maybe..... but what about Hi-Ten Bomberman?
Its included in Saturn Bomberman.

I never got into the SNES Bombermen because I really don't like the art style.

'93 will probably always be my favorite.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Digi.k

Love saturn bomberman and bomberman 93'

Got some bomberman toys too.. I think these are around 10 years old .. got them from a japanese supermarket in hong kong.  They came in a candy box with plastic moulding.. the ones you snap off, attached together and apply the stickers with :P   Good times!
IMG

guyjin

those toys are so awesome. I'm jealous.  :mrgreen:

Also, are you counting the 10 player mode in Saturn Bomberman as hi-ten bomberman? I don't.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2007, 03:01 PMI never got into the SNES Bombermen because I really don't like the art style.

'93 will probably always be my favorite.
ma very best fren :D

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 11/02/2007, 02:59 AM
Neo Bomberman

I like it, I don't own it, but I like it. :) I also like the SNES Bomberman games and the Genesis Bomberman game (IT GETS UNFAIRLY DISSED), and OF COURSE the TG-16 games.
Kewl i was just woundering if any body else beside me has played neo bomberman.

Most of the time the snes or pce bombermans are brought up.

Figure i mention it and see what the reponse was.

Btw i enjoyed,Mega Bombrman for the genesis while it was a water downed port of 94 i thought it was ok.

Still if you ask me what i think the tope bomberman game is that's simple saturn bomberman!
IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: guyjin on 11/03/2007, 10:17 PMthose toys are so awesome. I'm jealous.  :mrgreen:

Also, are you counting the 10 player mode in Saturn Bomberman as hi-ten bomberman? I don't.
I do!!  love that saturn hi res thingy :P

Also the xbox 360 got a bomberman game on the marketplace with awesome online battles

NecroPhile

@ gujin, nat, & Black_Tiger: I haven't played Hi-Ten either, but based on the what's on the net, it looks like it is superior to Saturn's ten player mode.  Hi-Ten is better looking, has more than one map, and has the little one way arrows, yet I suppose that this is all academic and only makes Hi-Ten technically superior, as there's something to be said for attainability.

@ Digi.K: Cute Bomberman toys.  Was the candy pop rocks or some similar explosive?  :)

Kitsunexus

Kitsunexus

YES YES YES!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The officially developed by Hudson Bomberman Screenmate! ENJOY! (I don't know if he's Vista compatible)

http://www.angelfire.com/de/thebug80/images/bomber32.zip

Kitsunexus

YES!!!

I have found the Bomberman track I heard when TurboStation was still alive, and ironically IT'S A SNES TRACK!!!!

It's the battle music from Super Bomberman 3 for the SNES!!!!

I CAN DIE HAPPY.