10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

Haha! I totally missed the "Challenge America". Where's the "blind" emoticon?  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

ParanoiaDragon

One of the Shubibin/Schibibinman games?
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

_Paul

ccovell

It looks somehow familiar, again.  Metamor Jupiter?

Image Fight or Ninja Spirit?

How about a hint or expanding the image?

CrackTiger

No need for hints since someone already got very close.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Darius Alpha!

Darius Plus!

Super Darius!

CrackTiger

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThats it! Applause
Nice one sunteam!  =D&gt;

I like to see the complete image though, just for curiosity's sake.  :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/30/2007, 02:06 PMI like to see the complete image though, just for curiosity's sake.  :)
Must be part of the fish, I suppose.  Wouldn't it be the same image in Darius Plus?

Good job, Paul.  What's your new entry?  It better not be larger than eight pixels!

_Paul

An honour to post an image on this most special day!

I post this not as a joke but a testament to the almightly knowledge of the fans here...I would be surprised if this doesn't get guessed right away.

/whatisitfn3.jpg

NecroPhile

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/30/2007, 03:38 PMGenpeitomaden?
You see? I have justified faith in the pure PCE Nerdyness of this forum. You are correct!

NecroPhile

Guess this one (it's huge, like what's in my pants).

IMG

_Paul

NecroPhile

Keranu

Yo! Bro! ? Camp California? Tricky Kick?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/02/2007, 05:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/02/2007, 02:22 PMRanma 1/2?
Sorry, no.
Yet you don't deny the watermelon in the pants. Very interesting.

guyjin

supersodosquid 3: panda penis panic?

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2007, 05:24 AMYet you don't deny the watermelon in the pants. Very interesting.
Who, me?  :lol:

No correct answers yet.  Here's a hint: it's a Japanese HuCard.

NecroPhile

No guesses, eh?  Here's another hint: it's a shooter.

ccovell

guyjin

NecroPhile

ccovell

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

Bamboo spank 2: revenge of the clitoris?  :-#

Keranu

Haha, what in the hell is that thing!? Those logs in the background look really familar.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Well, we know the pink blob is stationary against the logs due to the way the graphics are designed, so it could be a title screen, a boss or just a part of the background somewhere.  The urine splotch could be... hmmm...

Ken & Kato (or is it Kato & Ken)?

Keranu

Kato & Ken techincally, but the real name is J.J. & Jeff.

My guess for the screenshot is that Adventures of Chris game or whatever it's called.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: ccovell on 11/10/2007, 08:44 AMOkay, here's the next one
disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/MysteryO.gif
Ha, pretty damn sure that's Camp California.  That looks like part of a picture I remember from an old Turboplay, I think with a squid in it IIRC.  Someone can take my spot, if I'm right.
IMG

ccovell

Yup, PD gets it!

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/MysteryOa.gif

I should have picked something a bit more obscure...   :?

spenoza

No, not really. I think it's good to have a mix of more difficult and less difficult. Try and keep everyone involved that way.

ccovell

Yup, I know.  Because the game was a bit unpopular, I made the screenshot a bit larger as a result.

NecroPhile

Good show, ParanoiaDragon.  I own Camp California and really like it (other than the lack of a save feature), yet I didn't remember that squiddy thing.

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/11/2007, 04:24 PMSomeone can take my spot, if I'm right.
All right, you twisted my arm:

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2007, 01:23 PMGood show, ParanoiaDragon.  I own Camp California and really like it (other than the lack of a save feature), yet I didn't remember that squiddy thing.

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/11/2007, 04:24 PMSomeone can take my spot, if I'm right.
All right, you twisted my arm:

IMG
Thanks!

And, as for the latest.......uh, one of the Cho Aniki games I'd guess.  If I'm right, someone can take my spot.......again. :)
IMG

NecroPhile

Nope, not this time ParanoiaDragon.

spenoza

But I suspect it's a game made by the same company or dev team...
Either that or it's a really crazy icon from some game like Tokimeki Memorial or something.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2007, 11:39 AMNope, not this time ParanoiaDragon.
Ok, good, cuz that seemed way too easy.
IMG

ccovell

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2007, 02:32 PMBut I suspect it's a game made by the same company or dev team...
Either that or it's a really crazy icon from some game like Tokimeki Memorial or something.
Nope - it's from a 'real' game and not some dating sim or digital comic.

Quote from: ccovell on 11/23/2007, 03:52 AMMoto Roader MC?
Sorry, no dice.

_Paul

Keranu

Oh I think paul is right.
IMG

NecroPhile

Oh yeah, well I know he's wrong (for once).  :P

_Paul

Long shot but it's not from Wallaby! is it?

guyjin