OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

BubbleGum Crash translation. Update - complete.

Started by TurboXray, 11/20/2006, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboXray

Well.. we've decided to push this out for an x-mas release.

BubbleGumCrash1.png
BubbleGumCrashTitle.png

Quote from: www.pcedev.netBubbleGum Crash. Straight from the series
comes the digital comic adventure for PC
Engine. Upon investigating a recent bank
robbery incident, you soon learn that things
aren't quite what they appear to be.

Get ready to test your best detective
skills in this all out cyber punk adventure
for the Turbo Grafx-16 game system!
Download the patch here:

pcengine-fx.com/downloads/BubbleGum_Crash_ENG.zip
romhacking.net/translations/1234/
pcedev . net/BubbleGumCrash/BubbleGum_Crash_ENG.zip

Make sure you have the full dumped version (513k).

Edit: You need the ROM that has the header included with it, which is 513k total in size. If your ROM is 512k in size, then you probably have the headerless ROM version. That's a pain in the ass. I can't wait for the new translation patching to come out (it's in the making) so you don't have to worry about which ROM you have when applying a patch.

Odonadon

Cool!  Always wanted to give this game a spin.

OD

Keranu

This game always interested me, I can't wait.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

M1Savage

Hope this goes well for you. I'm always up for ANY PC Engine game translation.  :dance:

_Paul

Excellent!

Now only if someone would do Ranma...

peperocket

Hi rich !

Do you have a preview date for the patch out ???

Thanks !
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

TurboXray

Hey Peperocket,

I want to be beta testing by next weekend. I'm still working on the first of 3 blocks of text - trying to compress it with dictionary method ( I'm currently writing the compression program).

-R

NecroPhile

Fantastic!  I'm always excited for new translation projects.  I've never played through a digital comic (unless Snatcher falls into this category), but am looking forward to giving this one a spin.  It's lookin' good so far - keep up the good work.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 11/25/2006, 12:23 AMI've never played through a digital comic (unless Snatcher falls into this category)
Snatcher definitely falls into this category. :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

TR0N

Kewl i am a fan of the anime.

Looking forward to it when ever you get it done  [-o<
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

QuoteSnatcher definitely falls into this category.
Thanks Keranu.  I suppose I should have guessed that - it doesn't really fall into any other categories.  I'll amend my statement to "I've never played through a digital comic on the Turbo".  No Japanese abilities here (played Snatcher on SegaCD) and I anxiously await playing BubbleGum Crash.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TurboXray

I'm looking for people who have flash cards to beta test the game. If you're interested- PM me.

ParanoiaDragon

Damn, I'd beta test it for you, IF I had a flash card!  And that's considering that I'm not really into digital comics!  Well, either way this is cool!
IMG

TurboXray

Hey, I' still could use testers to play on the emus. PM sent :)

TurboXray

Private Beta copies should be going out this weekend.  :wink:

Keranu

IMG

Jammaniaclord

Excellent work Bonknuts! Keep em coming! Thank you bud! =D> =D> =D>
PC Cocoron Hunter

Oli_lar

I'd like to see this, not played a digital comic before though!

TurboXray

nat

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

M1Savage

Been about 50 years since I've done any rom hacking (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration) but I of course haven't been able to get this to work.

I'm starting with Bubblegum Crash (J).pce    and its size is 512kb

I apply the patch using ipsXP 111 and end up with a rom that is 769kb

Try loading the rom in Magic Engine and get nothing but a blank screen.

Anyone help an old grinch out?

TurboXray

GUTS

This patch is dope, I'm really looking forward to the Dead of the Brain translation now.  Emerald Dragon too.

TurboXray

I'm totally looking forward to Emerald Dragon. I'll see how much of the script is left to translate. If it's close, then I can start working on a english print routine for it.

M1savage: BTW - I found out the problem. The ROM you had was missing the header. The patch I made assumes the header is there. The ROM with the header should read as 513k (the headerless one being 512k). That's really strange because I haven't seen any headerless ROM versions of that game floating around.

SignOfZeta

First off, thanks a bunch for working on this sort of thing. If anyone is interested in Neo Geo Pocket translation, you'll want to read this:

Card Fighters 2 Translation

I have a copy of the newest version of the translation, and its really cool. I've already played the game in Japanese for 100 hours or so, but its cool to play it this way. Hopefully this will spark interest in modern NGP flash carts (ie: ones that don't use parallel ports and proprietary apps).

Anyway, back BGC.

I have three versions of this ROM. Using UIPS in OSX 10.4 this is what happens.

Bubblegum Crash (J).pce
UIPS kind of ignores me. No indication if patch worked or not. ROM plays as it did unpatched.

Bubblegum Crash (J) [a1].pce
UIPS tells me the ROM is patched successfully, but now the ROM won't run.

Bubblegum Crash (J) [b1].pce
UIPS tells me the ROM is patched successfully, and it *does* run, in English. Yeah! Oddly though now some graphics are messed up such as the bullets firing in the beginning of the game, and also, interestingly, the text in the intro that names all the characters, which was already in English in the original game.

I hope that was helpful to you efforts in some way. I'm really looking forward to Emerald Dragon.
IMG

TurboXray

[Bx] should be bad dumps and [Ax] are alternate dumps - neither of those will work. Bubblegum Crash (J).pce is the name of the rom used for this patch. Can you tell my what size it is, for the one you have?

Hobo Xiphas

Bubblegum Crash (j).pce doesn't load the patch for me in Mednafen, but hangs it.  It is 512.5 KB in size.

This is what it says when I try to run it with the mednafen autopatch thingie:

Applying IPS file "./crash.pce.ips"...
   IPS EOF:  Did 76 patches

ROM:       769KiB
  ROM CRC32: 0x8c74d249
  ROM MD5:   0x6ddc3444ea79eff4c2cb04ef5e2921df

I'm probably just being a dumbass as usual.  I'll try to patch it manually and see if that works.

M1Savage

The rom I had was many years old but supposedly passed GoodPCE at one point in its life. Been a long time since I've messed with any of that stuff so who knows. I'm just glad to see a translation for this. I've been playing through it this evening and have already made it farther in than I ever did before. Thanks again!

Emerald Dragon translation? Glad to hear this is still in the works. I know I'm all for that one too!

By the way, I'm still offering a cash reward for a translated Anearth Fantasy Stories if anyone with talent needs a good project.  :wink:

Hobo Xiphas

I just patched it manually and it worked.

Go figure.

Keranu

Quote from: m1savage on 12/26/2007, 11:18 PMThe rom I had was many years old but supposedly passed GoodPCE at one point in its life. Been a long time since I've messed with any of that stuff so who knows. I'm just glad to see a translation for this. I've been playing through it this evening and have already made it farther in than I ever did before. Thanks again!
I think I had the same ROM as you. My original ROM was the 512kb one which I downloaded way back, like in 2002.
IMG

TurboXray

If anyone has problems patching the rom, just PM or email me  O:)

nat

I just patched it with IPSXP. Said patch was applied successfully.

Loaded up the game, nothing was patched. Still in Japanese.

Loaded up the .BAK file created, just in case, and nope. Still Japanese.

The version I have DOES have the header (513K).

nat

Hrm, worked with IPS-win. Guess it matters what patcher you use.

D-Type

Quote from: nat on 12/28/2007, 08:20 PMI just patched it with IPSXP. Said patch was applied successfully.

Loaded up the game, nothing was patched. Still in Japanese.

Loaded up the .BAK file created, just in case, and nope. Still Japanese.

The version I have DOES have the header (513K).
Same thing happened with me aswell. Although Rich (over at pcedev.com) has been very helpful with this problem.
Feels like I'm getting a game back after having Bubblegum Crash hucard for quite some time now and never really getting very far with it.
Thanks to the translation team for this one  =D>

TurboXray

Ohh.. so there's a problem between the patchers for this patch? I'll look into it. Thanks for the info :D

Edit: IPSwin 2.0 seems to work great. http://zerosoft.zophar.net/ipswin.htm

nat

Quote from: TurboXray on 12/28/2007, 08:58 PMOhh.. so there's a problem between the patchers for this patch? I'll look into it. Thanks for the info :D

That's right-- that's the only patcher I had any success with. And that's exactly where I got it from, too. :)

FWIW, I tried a few patchers and they all reported the patch was successful but IPSwin was the only one that actually did anything.

MissaFX

Quote from: TurboXray on 12/28/2007, 08:58 PMOhh.. so there's a problem between the patchers for this patch? I'll look into it. Thanks for the info :D

I went to get the file, but that website seems to be down. :cry:

Thanks for the translation though all the same.

A few hours later...It's up.  Although is there some reason after patching the rom is now 6mb from 4?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Missa on 12/29/2007, 05:06 AM

I went to get the file, but that website seems to be down. :cry:

Thanks for the translation though all the same.

A few hours later...It's up.  Although is there some reason after patching the rom is now 6mb from 4?
Big fonts. :P
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

TurboXray

Quote from: MissaAlthough is there some reason after patching the rom is now 6mb from 4?
That's because I didn't compress the replacement English text...I just expanded the rom.   :-$

NigazAllucard

Quote from: m1savage on 11/22/2006, 10:32 AMHope this goes well for you. I'm always up for ANY PC Engine game translation.  :dance:
Are 2! =D>
TODAY'S PHRASE: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
IMG

Dark Fact

So...is this an actual game or just an animated comic? :-s I'm interested in trying this out.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SignOfZeta

Its kind of a digital comic, and kind of a Deja Vu sort of game. Half and half.
IMG

Dark Fact

Really? Cool! :D I love point-and-click adventures! :D
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!