10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Running out of Masiya games to choose from now....Moto Roader 2 perhaps? Macross Eternal Love Song?

Those are my final offers.

NecroPhile

guyjin

NecroPhile

Here's a giant hint: this game involves ladies kicking ass.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

awack

I always thought that the same people did the music for ai cho aniki and anesan, so my guess is ane-san.

NecroPhile

You are correct, awack, though I don't hear the similarities myself.  =D>

awack

Yeah, i could be wrong about that, ill post a screen shot latter today.

awack

This one is a little different and allot easy.

/zzz.jpg

_Paul

guyjin

Revenge of the Hemorrhoids?

ccovell

Could be from Dracula X...

awack

Wow, ccovell got it.....the fireball animation/effect in dracula x, also used in sotn and nitm.

Tatsujin

yeah..clearly drac x :) some of the smoothest and colorful explosions on the system.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Lords of Thunder ? Wild guess but i figure i give it a try.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

was there already a new pic posted? :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ccovell

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

ccovell

I'm back from the dead!  (My move to Tokyo).

QuoteVasteel?
And:  No.

Turbo D

:o congratulations on a move to Tokyo  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

I think he means he moved back, from Tokyo.

Or maybe he moved to Tokyo, from an outlying area.

I don't know, I'm confused. I always thought he lived in Tokyo as it was.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

ccovell

Nope, I was in Kitakami before.

IMG

I've gone from this...................

IMG
--> .........................to this

IMG

I've also gone from an empty bed...

IMG

...to one whose picture I can't show.  Sorry!   :-"

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Thinking some digital comic game but alas i had a brain freeze  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

termis

Now you can ditch your Tōhoku-ben so that regular hyōjungo speaking folks will know what the hell you're saying.  8-[

Ceti Alpha

Gratz on the move. Nice pics.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

_Paul

ccovell

Quote from: guestDaimakaimura?
Wha?  Huh?  Yeah, that's right!  (Your correct answer totally caught me off-guard.)

/MysteryQa.gif

Joe Redifer

Where the hell did the background go?  I don't remember it ever disappearing in any part of the game for any reason.

guyjin

Quote from: ccovell on 01/11/2008, 10:14 PMWha?  Huh?  Yeah, that's right!  (Your correct answer totally caught me off-guard.)
... I still don't get it.

edit: got this mixed up with the rusty car one.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/11/2008, 11:28 PMWhere the hell did the background go?  I don't remember it ever disappearing in any part of the game for any reason.
I think that the background turns black for a second or two once you get the gold armor.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

That's fucked up.  Is that only in the SG version?  Also he is using magic, so he has had the armor at least for a few seconds.

ccovell

Joe Redifer

That's cheating!  [-X

You, sir, are tr00ly evil!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThat's cheating!  Shame on you

You, sir, are tr00ly evil!
Haha. Yes, that is evil. But the great thing about it is that paul figured it out anyway.  :o
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

ccovell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2008, 01:29 AMThat's cheating!  [-X
It's not cheating at all.  It doesn't affect the quiz picture one bit.  Most of the background of the 1st stage is pitch black, so if I'd taken a screenshot of that magic effect in the regular game, it'd still look identical.  That pic from the debug mode was just the first one I had lying around.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 01/12/2008, 03:00 AMprobably just guessed.  :P
yeah. everybody is talking a lot about Daimakaimura recently, so it was lying the most near and he took the chance :P

_Paul

Here is one:
/guessgn3.gif

NecroPhile

guyjin

Takahashi Meijin no Shin Bouken Jima? (new adventure island?)

Joe Redifer

New Adventure Island  (I said the US name since it is far better).

guyjin

Quote from: guyjin on 01/14/2008, 11:02 AMTakahashi Meijin no Shin Bouken Jima? (new adventure island?)[/i][/u]

Joe Redifer

Yes, but for no reason you listed the Japanese name (which sucks ass).  I list ONLY the US name.  Nobody cares about the Japanese name (since it sucks ass).

guyjin

this is the pcengine screen shot quiz, therefore pcengine names should be used.

Joe Redifer

Bah!  Those names are inferior.  It is the PC Engine Screenshot Quiz to be able to choose games from a much larger library than the 5 or 6 games that were released in the US.