@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Keranu

I agree with Joe, USA names rock the Japanese ones! Plus New Adventure Island is way easier to say than that mouthful Japanese name.  :mrgreen:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

atmorolf @ keranu and joe. the japanese names always rule over the US ones, as long their real japanese games invented and manufactured in japan!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

But even Japan uses a lot of English in their society.  It's required in their schools.  Why?  Because English rocks your world like no other language.  It is the best language on the planet.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteBut even Japan uses a lot of English in their society.  It's required in their schools.  Why?  Because English rocks your world like no other language.  It is the best language on the planet.
You're damned straight!
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/15/2008, 03:37 PMBut even Japan uses a lot of English in their society.  It's required in their schools.  Why?  Because English rocks your world like no other language.  It is the best language on the planet.
Yep!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/15/2008, 03:37 PMBut even Japan uses a lot of English in their society.  It's required in their schools.  Why?  Because English rocks your world like no other language.  It is the best language on the planet.
wrong, there isn't anything better than "swiss german". once you mastered it, you may understand!

beside of that, the japanese people can't speak/write one word english the right way! believe me, this country is the absolut "english-less country"!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

French is OK too actually. It's funny 'cus when you speak French you actually move your hands differently. It changes the way you portray yourself. Very strange. I guess every language will do that though.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah, French makes you seem more gay.  :)

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2008, 01:48 AMYeah, French makes you seem more gay.  :)
Hahaha  :mrgreen: . Joe is being a true American in this thread.
IMG

guyjin

I wish I knew French so I could understand this guy.

youtu.be/X3d_BbiDzsY

Ceti Alpha

QuoteYeah, French makes you seem more gay.  Smile
HAHAHA!!

QuoteHahaha  Mr. Green . Joe is being a true American in this thread.
Indeed. Could I have a side of Freedom Fries with that?  :P
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/15/2008, 11:36 PMwrong, there isn't anything better than "swiss german". once you mastered it, you may understand!

beside of that, the japanese people can't speak/write one word english the right way! believe me, this country is the absolut "english-less country"!
I don't know about 'swiss german', but it's hard to beat the german language.  It's just sounds so beautiful and poetic.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Shall I give you a hint? It's an arcade conversion that is not exclusive to the PC Engine.

NecroPhile

_Paul

NecroPhile

Closer than Galaga '88, R-Type, Golden Axe, Forgotten Worlds, or Klax.  :lol:

_Paul

All are equally miles off.

By the way, it's not in an obscure or hard to get to place in the game.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2008, 03:39 PMAll are equally miles off.

Volfiev?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Quote from: esteban on 01/19/2008, 08:15 AM
Quote from: guest on 01/18/2008, 03:39 PMAll are equally miles off.

Volfiev?

[-(

Odonadon

Come on guys, it's obviously Monster Lair, 1st level.

OD

_Paul

Quote from: Odonadon on 01/20/2008, 11:31 PMCome on guys, it's obviously Monster Lair, 1st level.

OD
No it isn't!

Kitsunexus

Wonderboy in Monster Land?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Tatsujin

shubibiman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2008, 01:48 AMYeah, French makes you seem more gay.  :)
Do you want a kiss from the Caveman?

/chabal02uw2.jpg

https://youtu.be/YVa7eCmLFk8
IMG
chabal
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

_Paul

guyjin

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2008, 03:37 AM
Quote from: Odonadon on 01/20/2008, 11:31 PMCome on guys, it's obviously Monster Lair, 1st level.

OD
No it isn't!
Yes, yes it is.  Obviously.  :)

OD

_Paul

I'm surprised this has lasted this long, it's not exactly hard to spot in the game it comes from and it isn't obscure at all. Still, hehehe keep guessing  :twisted:

guyjin

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ccovell

It's New Zealand Story!  (There for all to see on the title screen.)

Joe Redifer

You're too good, Covell... making the rest of us look like fools.

_Paul

Quote from: ccovell on 01/21/2008, 08:25 PMIt's New Zealand Story!  (There for all to see on the title screen.)
You're dead right.

ccovell

I detect a hint of bitterness, Joe...

Anyway, on with the next one!

/MysteryR.gif

guyjin

spenoza

Almost looks like something out of Magical Chase. Or Liquid Kid.

NecroPhile

It reminds me of the rotating logo for Tongueman's Logic, but it ain't (obviously).

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

_Paul

Something wants to make me say Shinobi even though I'm sure that isn't it.

Tatsujin

for sure it shows some screws on a wooden board!

Joe Redifer

That one IREM game.  I forget what it is called even though I own it.  I rarely play it though and it has music that sounds like an Atari 2600.  What is it????  You run around, jump and shoot lots of things.  It even came out in the US.  God damn it what is that game called??????  AH!  Legend of Hero Tonma.  Not exactly a memorable name.  Anyway that is what the game is.

ccovell

Great.  But that is not what the answer is.

spenoza

NecroPhile

ccovell

Nope.  Okay, image area slowly expanding...

/MysteryR.gif

Tatsujin

Turbo D

ya, that wood gave it away, haha.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer