10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Who is this Aaron Nanto guy?

Started by bgarske, 06/14/2006, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgarske

I've pretty much viewed the entire site and all the videos and I have to say I'm very impressed with Aaron's skills. Does he do this kind of thing for a living? (Website, video editing.) How old is he? Come on Aaron, give me a biography. I promise not to stalk you.  :wink:

PCEngineHell

The legend goes Arron tried  a stint as the underdog wrestler in the FMW and he was known as PcEngine Guy. No one was impressed and soon he was trown into a death match feud with Hayabusa. After being beaten down with a broken Mega Drive console he left to America to try his luck at ECW, where Hayabusa's friend Sabu quickly rekindled the old war for his friend thu splacing PcEngine Guy through many a table. After leaving the ECW arena for the last time in 99 he went into hiding for fear of Sabu hunting him down,because even Arron knew Sabu is a crazy mother fucker. After being in his home hiding for so long he found the glories of his personal computer and capture card and web software,and now,we have this wonderful site because of all this. Who we really need to thank is Hayabusa and Sabu.

We will leave this as the true origin untill Arron offers one up:)

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

rag-time4

Keranu

I'm suprised this didn't get more posts!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 01/13/2008, 03:33 AMI'm suprised this didn't get more posts!
Let's change that!  LET'S CHANGE THE FUTURE. TOGETHER.  :shock:

TR0N

The legend will never die.  :---)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

BTW, did Michael mean FMW like Full-Motion Wrestling, like those crap PC-FX games? That's classic!  :lol:

MissaFX

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/13/2008, 04:30 AMBTW, did Michael mean FMW like Full-Motion Wrestling, like those crap PC-FX games? That's classic!  :lol:
That was my guess.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

OldRover

Well, this post was clearly made when Aaron was posting once every blue moon. Now he posts twice every blue moon. :dance:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 01/13/2008, 08:18 AMWell, this post was clearly made when Aaron was posting once every blue moon. Now he posts twice every blue moon. :dance:
:). Indeed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/13/2008, 04:30 AMBTW, did Michael mean FMW like Full-Motion Wrestling, like those crap PC-FX games? That's classic!  :lol:
For the unknowing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Martial-Arts_Wrestling

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/13/2008, 07:26 PM
For the unknowing:
Sorry I don't know what the different wrestling leagues are. I should also let you know at this point that I don't watch football or NASCAR or play Halo. :roll:

MissaFX

For the unknowing:
That's a letdown if that is what he intended :cry:  Almost everything else about it was so NEC.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/13/2008, 07:34 PM
For the unknowing:
Sorry I don't know what the different wrestling leagues are. I should also let you know at this point that I don't watch football or NASCAR or play Halo. :roll:
I dont like football or Nascar either,but I love to watch anything involving barbwire,spiked baseball bats,broken glass,explosives plus wrestlers.

PCEngineFX

Nice nice............. well if you REALLY want to know a little more about me, you can check out my resume site at none other than www.aaronnanto.com....you know, I really should make a Wiki page for the site.....
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 01/14/2008, 03:30 PMWe are the Borg. Lower your shields. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance if futile!
IMG

My story about you was far more interesting :P Ohwell....

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/17/2008, 02:44 AM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 01/14/2008, 03:30 PMWe are the Borg. Lower your shields. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance if futile!
IMG

My story about you was far more interesting :P Ohwell....
He kinda sorta looks like Jason Statham with glasses almost kinda.

PCEngineHell

Speaking of Aaron,I saw you logged in. Any idea why the site is down every 15-30 mins for 2-3 min down times this evening and tonite?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/17/2008, 02:49 AMAny idea why the site is down every 15-30 mins for 2-3 min down times this evening and tonite?
And last night...

nat

It happens all the time. I usually just try back later.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

PCEngineFX

The site goes down?  Like you can't even get to it at all?  How long has it done this?
IMG
IMG

nat

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 01/17/2008, 12:34 PMThe site goes down?  Like you can't even get to it at all?  How long has it done this?
It's been happening to me since I've been a member here. It never lasts for more than 2-3 minutes like Michael said.

It's not just the forum portion, it's the whole domain.

At work when it happens I get re-routed to that stupid MSN Live Search or whatever it is that searches the net for www.pcengine-fx.com which, of course, lists this site as the first match. Clicking on the search result just re-loads the MSN search page again.

If I'm at home on the Mac I just get a domain not found error.

But again, it only lasts a couple minutes. I usually try again 5 minutes later and it's always back like nothing had happened.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MissaFX

I have it not respond for an hour at most, but only a few times.  Usually it is only down for a few minutes.

Turbo D

I noticed it too! I thought there were updates going on or something.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

It has happened to me some times in the past, but not recently.
IMG

PCEngineHell

To me and my friend Eric it has been happening over the past 2 evenings. Pretty annoying. Cant gain access to the entire site.

Kitsunexus

It first happened about 2 weeks ago that was for an hour, but hasn't started happening to me frequently until these past 2 days, and on these occasions, it's been 15 minutes tops.

Joe Redifer

I've gotten random outages, but they seem pretty rare.  Once I'm here on the forum it is always working until I leave.  I've only ever had trouble when I first try to come to the site... and once again it is rare.

Kitsunexus

This reminds me, who designed Firefox's ugly as fuck 404 screen? I mean, seriously, BROWN!?  :roll:

Joe Redifer

I've never seen a brown 404 screen in Firefox.

NecroPhile

Nor have I.  Are you using a theme other than the default one, Kitsune?

I haven't had any problems accessing the site, outside of my own typing errors.  I suppose that I'm just lucky, eh?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

QuoteNor have I.  Are you using a theme other than the default one, Kitsune?
#-o

You're right, I'm using GreyModern2...

PCEngineFX

Well, I'll see what is going on with my webhost.  I've not had issues with the site myself either.
IMG
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!