The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUTS

Playing Folklore while waiting for Devil May Cry 4 to come out, which is today so I need to go pick it up.

Kitsunexus

Why don't they just call the series "Devil is an Emo Bitch" or "Awwww does widdle Devil need a hanky?".

They convey the title just as well.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

GUTS

Just picked Devil May Cry 4 up today, its fucking awesome.

Turbo D

Just got back from Fry's and I'm installing dmc4 to my ps3 hdd as we speak!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Turbo D

It made me. Apparently it runs off of the hdd. Many ps3 games can be installed to the hdd, but this is the first for me that required it. Devil May Cry 4 is super bad-ass!!! A must for any ps3 or 360 owner.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

The demo was alright.  It's a $20 game.  I'll get it when it drops to that.

Keranu

Jeez, console games have to install now? May as well let you replace parts too and have your own computer.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

No, Capcom is just being gay.  Some games like Time Crisis 4 give you the option to install a large amount of data onto the HD specifically to speed up load times, but it seems to play quickly enough without doing that.

Even Halo 2 on the Xbox auto-installed.  Took forever.

Turbo D

Quote from: Keranu on 02/07/2008, 01:02 AMJeez, console games have to install now? May as well let you replace parts too and have your own computer.
ps3 hdd is replaceable with any 2.5" sata hdd. My 60gig ps3 will someday be a 320gig ps3 :twisted:
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

But how will you keep the PS3 OS and user settings, etc?

guyjin

I brought my Duo over to my brother's apartment last night. We played sapphire together for a while; after we got tired of being beaten by easy mode :oops: we played some buster brothers (he commented that it was 'weird'), a little cratermaze, timeball, and then a lot of alien crush; we had an old-skool style high score contest.

my brother's boyfreind (my brother's a wow widow... and gay) chided me for telling my brother to press 'start', rather than 'run'. guess I'm still not hardcore-turbo enough.  :oops:

Kitsunexus

The ORIGINAL UT, which is the BEST. My FAVORITE GAME EVER.

Turbo D

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/07/2008, 02:50 AMBut how will you keep the PS3 OS and user settings, etc?
Apparently the console does all of the work for you. All you have to do is swap the drives. You can easily back up your game saves to a flash drive or portable hdd before the swap.
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

PS2
Ys 6 (Took a break and started again)
KOF XI (Snag me a copy at bestbuy for $9.99 as useal a cheap boss at the end  :evil:)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bust3dstr8

My buddy set up the ole' LAN and we got in a few good games of Starcraft.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Beat Burnout Paradise.  Also played some Burnout 2, Burnout 3 Takedown and Burnout Revenge.  Revenge is really fun.

Ceti Alpha

Armagetron Advanced. I got pwnd last night. Only won one match. Teh pros were on.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

NeoGeo
Captain Tomaday ! (Finally i got this shooter for my neo)  :mrgreen:
Blues Journey

PS2
KOF XI

Famicom
Battletoads

Just in case any body wounders what captain tomaday is.
http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/neo-reviews//captain_tomaday/captain_tomaday.html
IMG

nectarsis

PSP
Brave Story
Fafner of the Azure: Dead Aggressor  (Sokyuu no Fafner)

DS
Custom Robo
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

natethegreat82

PS2
Rogue Galaxy

Apple IIgs
Arkanoid

Kitsunexus

natethegreat82

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/22/2008, 07:27 PM
Quote from: natethegreat82 on 02/22/2008, 07:26 PMApple IIgs
Arkanoid
Hella AWESOME.
I also have the sequel. They can get pretty addictive at times! :lol:

TR0N

Quote from: natethegreat82 on 02/22/2008, 07:41 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/22/2008, 07:27 PM
Arkanoid
Hella AWESOME.
I also have the sequel. They can get pretty addictive at times! :lol:
Revenge of DOH huh i have it for my famicom as well.

I still see arkanoid as being the best breakout clone to date.
IMG

nat

Arkanoid
The sequel TRON mentioned is also awesome on the IIGS. You got a real one or playing via emulation?

I love my Apple IIGS. It's my second electronic love, after consoles.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

guyjin

yeah, I wish I had a IIGS. That and an MSX.

I need to go to more school auctions or something.

natethegreat82

Quote from: nat on 02/23/2008, 01:08 AM
Arkanoid
The sequel TRON mentioned is also awesome on the IIGS. You got a real one or playing via emulation?

I love my Apple IIGS. It's my second electronic love, after consoles.
Yeah I got a real one. I don't have many games for it though. Hopefully when my USB to serial adapter shows up in the mail I can use ADT Pro and transfer some disk images over.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteBeat Burnout Paradise.  Also played some Burnout 2, Burnout 3 Takedown and Burnout Revenge.  Revenge is really fun.
Revenge is good, but the graphics really went downhill on Revenge, though I haven't seen the 360 version, which I'm sure is quite good. It is fun though. However, B3 Takedown is my favourite hands down. The graphics are sharp and it's intense. The F1 car hotlap is absolutely crazy. I think that's why I like B3 more than Revenge - you can't hit ANY cars that don't have the arrow on top. Makes the game more intense and hard IMHO.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/23/2008, 12:00 PMI think that's why I like B3 more than Revenge - you can't hit ANY cars that don't have the arrow on top. Makes the game more intense and hard IMHO.
EXACTLY! It makes it more like a game instead of some (very high production) software toy.

NecroPhile

The Duos being fed a steady diet of steamy poo today - Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Falcon, and Gunboat.  Pray that it doesn't mutiny and light itself on fire.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThe Duos being fed a steady diet of steamy poo today - Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Falcon, and Gunboat.  Pray that it doesn't mutiny and light itself on fire.
I think that's Duo abuse!  [-X Someone call the GCADA!!!  ---- Gaming Commission Against Duo Abuse ----
IMG

bust3dstr8

After four months of playing 2-3 games a day I finally got A Hole In One on the 12th green of Seaside.
See Joe it is possible :wink: but they sure are stingy bastards about giving them out. This also raised my best
 score to 17 under.

/ntm(1).jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

TR0N

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 02/23/2008, 10:44 PMAfter four months of playing 2-3 games a day I finally got A Hole In One on the 12th green of Seaside.
See Joe it is possible :wink: but they sure are stingy bastards about giving them out. This also raised my best
 score to 17 under.

/ntm(1).jpg
You realy need to make a 1cc video of that  :wink:
IMG

Joe Redifer

Nice!  With a score like that, 1cc is obvious.  Too bad the NG doesn't save your score to the Sega Back-Up RAM cart or something.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/24/2008, 12:29 AMNice!  With a score like that, 1cc is obvious.  Too bad the NG doesn't save your score to the Sega Back-Up RAM cart or something.
MVS does save it score but with the use of a battery.

Kind of shame the aes lacks that yeah there is the memory card,but all that does is save your place in the game.
IMG

natethegreat82

Today my SuperGrafx showed up and I played the three games I got with it: Aldynes, Battle Ace and Granzort. I also tried out all my PC Engine games with it as well. It's a neat machine, and a much nicer alternative to my Hucard converter. :)

Ceti Alpha

Nice. How do you like the SG games?
IMG

nat

Ha! Those are the same games I got with my SGX. All the SGX games are great.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

PCEngineHell

Saturn Sega Ages US disc Outrun with Sega brand steering wheel.Awesome times for sure.

rolins

Relics - I beat the PC-8801 and MSX2 version in the same day. A rather odd game where you begin as a ghost searching for your real body. At the same time you explore a strange ruin called Relics. The action is slow paced and there's no BGM except during the intro and ending. Seems like a really boring game at first but it's one those that somehow keeps you playing until you finish it.

Snatcher - I finally finished playing through the original PC-8801. Best version I've played yet.

NecroPhile

Cotton - Very cute artwork, funny cinemas, catchy tunes, and a bipolar witch.  I'm really digging this one, especially after the recent crapfest.

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 02/29/2008, 09:42 AMa bipolar witch. 
Haha.  I like how she apologizes to the dragon boss after beating him.

MurderDate

I love that game (Cotton).  Never thought I'd like it so much.
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

NecroPhile

Quote from: runinruder on 02/29/2008, 10:46 AMHaha.  I like how she apologizes to the dragon boss after beating him.
Which stage is that?  I suck and haven't gotten past the third stage yet.

Quote from: MurderDate on 02/29/2008, 11:25 AMI love that game (Cotton).  Never thought I'd like it so much.
Same here.  I was fully expecting it to end up in the collection and rarely be played (*cough* waste of money *cough*), but now I'm pretty sure that it'll be in the rotation on a regular basis.

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 02/29/2008, 11:38 AM
Quote from: runinruder on 02/29/2008, 10:46 AMHaha.  I like how she apologizes to the dragon boss after beating him.
Which stage is that?  I suck and haven't gotten past the third stage yet.
It's been a while, but I think it's after stage 6.

natethegreat82

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/28/2008, 09:02 PMNice. How do you like the SG games?
Right now I'd have to say that Aldynes is my favourite, followed by Granzort and Battle Ace. Now I just need to track down 1941, Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Darius Plus to complete my SuperGrafx game collection.

Turbo D

I looove playing 1941 and daimaikamura on the supergrafx!!! I can't get tired of them!
IMG IMG
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Speed Racer (SNES)
Robocop (MAME)
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Sinistron

Quote from: turbo D on 02/29/2008, 09:05 PMI looove playing 1941 and daimaikamura on the supergrafx!!! I can't get tired of them!
Fawk man.  I need to save up for a supergrafx.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.