PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

The "PC ENGINE QUOTES"-Quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 04/07/2008, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 04/12/2008, 06:59 AMExcellent because I have a line I've been meaning to use since day one!

"GUOD BAI BEBY!!"

I recommend that Black_Tiger hold his answer for awhile ;) .
I have a different interpretation of that quote. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Is that Fighting Street?  I don't remember that line.  Maybe I've never lost to the opponent who says that since my mad skillz are so awesome.  I remember "OK daddy"  and "owwwight!"

Keranu

It's not Fighting Street, but that's a funny guess!

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2008, 01:53 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 04/12/2008, 06:59 AMExcellent because I have a line I've been meaning to use since day one!

"GUOD BAI BEBY!!"

I recommend that CrackTiger hold his answer for awhile ;) .
I have a different interpretation of that quote. :P
I'd like to hear your interpretation. I wasn't sure if I had the line spelt exactly correct, but I thought I did.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

I think in Fighting Street, one of the guy's says OK Baby!
IMG

Turbo D

Ya, the dude from the U.S. says it before you fight him or something.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Maybe it would help if I said that this was a written line, not spoken. :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

spenoza

Is this a line from Final Zone 2?

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Oooh, looks like I won!  Ok, here's mine:

"Push Run Button"


 :lol:
IMG

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Keranu

New clue: It's a Japanese Super CD game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Nazi NecroPhile

Here's a wild shot in the dark: Baby Jo (horrid, horrid game).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Haha, nope but I can see why you guessed that.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Keranu

New clue: It's from an RPG.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

awack

Tengai Makyou II Manji Maru or Tengai Makyou Kabuki Den?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Quote from: awack on 04/17/2008, 01:10 AMTengai Makyou II Manji Maru or Tengai Makyou Kabuki Den?
Yep! TMII it is! Have you came across that line?  :mrgreen:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

awack

QuoteYep! TMII it is! Have you came across that line? 
No, when you told black tiger to hold back it made me think it was one of the tengai makyou games, the rpg hint sealed it, I'm ashamed to say that even though i own over 200 pc engine CD games, i have never owned or played any of the tengai makyou rpgs.

OK, here is the next one
Quoteyour free to go
...its in game spoken dialogue.

kid_rondeau

Beyond Shadowgate!
That dude who sounds like Lykos says it to the old man with the paddle game. Then the old man goes, "Yeah!" and runs off.

kid_rondeau

Oh, right...I guess it's my turn now. I don't know the whole line, so I'll just do the memorable part:

"...delicious cake!"

(in-game text, said while character saying it is saluting)

Keranu

I would've guessed "You're free to go" was from Shape Shifter. Maybe the same voice actor confused me.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ccovell

Is that Guy Kazama in Last Alert?

kid_rondeau

No, it's from a US chip game, if that helps. The actual quote is something like this:

"Now let's go home and have some delicious cake!"

kid_rondeau

What, nobody? OK, one more hint, and if no one feels like guessing it I'll just give it away...
-It takes place during the ending.

Ceti Alpha

Holy crap! How did I miss this thread. I love it.

...oh, I have no guess. lol  #-o
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Nazi NecroPhile

I don't know what it is, but I'll take a wild stab at it.  Is it Talespin?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kid_rondeau

Nope, it's cartoony though. I really dig this game.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kid_rondeau

No, you're getting slightly warmer though...there was a clue *buried* in my last hint..ahem...I *dig* this game...

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kid_rondeau


CrackTiger

#84
Here's an easy one-

"I'm not sure, but he won't be gettin' seasick anymore!"
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Ha! I missed this thread, too.

Quote from: guest on 04/24/2008, 08:07 AMHere's an easy one-

"No doubt about it, he won't be gettin' seasick any more!"
I was going to say Last Alert, but I don't think there is anything resembling that line in the game.

To make matters worth, now I can't get one the following line outta my head:

"How-about-I-throw-you-into-the SEAAAAAAAAAAAAA! when I get through with you?"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

I revised/trimmed the quote after kid_rondeau pointed out that it was actually two separate quotes from the same game. He'd like to give someone else a chance to guess it though. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!