10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow_Bright

Just got to the last level of Blazers lazers..didn't beat it though. Next time, hopefully. Some of the music in this game, kicks so much ass!

edit-lol BLAZERS LAZERS HAHAHA , I mean..Blazing lazers!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 03/01/2008, 12:39 AMSpeed Racer (SNES)
Robocop (MAME)
Robocop 1 arcade is a fucking classic. Good choice classic to spend time on.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteRobocop 1 arcade is a fucking classic. Good choice classic to spend time on.
Agreed. That game is a classic. I might actually pop that on myself.  :-k
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

TR0N

Famicom
Doki Doki Panic
GunNac

GC/GB Player
Double Dragon Advance
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jboypacman

Shatterhand-NES

Castlevania Dracula X-PC Engine

Super Wonderboy in Monsterland-Sega Master System

Digi.k

finally completed Jigoku Meguri on the pce .. really awesome game and I guess this is as good as it gets to a ghost and ghoblins game for the pc engine..

Apart from that I gone back to an oooold Korean MMORPG that I used to play.. I quit because of the stinking time gaps and lag issues.. 1 Year on those problems still there but at least I still got the old online buddies to keep me happy.  International Ragnarok and this is WoE night (War of Emperiums)

/screenChaos031.jpg

Mobius

Hah, I played Ragnarok for about two days when it was a free beta or something like that.  That's when I decided I didn't like MMORPGs.  Quick stints with Maple Story and EVE Online did nothing to change my mind.

Ceti Alpha

Aside from the Turbo, Armagetron Advanced is my other gaming fix. I love this game. It's basically TRON lightcycles. You can download and apply all sorts of different moviepacks that people develop that change the look. My moviepack looks pretty much identical to TRON the movie. If I was a 3D developer I'd love to make a Turbo/PCE theme moviepack.  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 04/21/2008, 08:12 AM
Quote from: TRON on 04/21/2008, 04:48 AMFamicom
GunNac
Oh yeah.
It's some thing isn't it i don't even know how i pass it up when i owned a nes.

Guess it was bad timing given,GunNac came out at a time when the next generation of console were hitting the store shelfs.

By that point the nes was on it's way out.

Oh well,better late then never i'm just glad i finally got a copy to play on my famicom.
IMG

Digi.k

Maximum attack G on Phantasy Star Universe which just started today..

also been playing that Raiden Fighters Aces demo which is amazing.. M$ u better bring this out over here!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/25/2008, 10:10 PMMaximum attack G on Phantasy Star Universe which just started today..

also been playing that Raiden Fighters Aces demo which is amazing.. M$ u better bring this out over here!!!
Sorry man they won't. It doesn't involve running over hookers or shooting in first person.

Alt-Nintega

I have been playing:

Crazy Climber 2 (MAME)
Soldier Blade (PCE) - Trying to beat it on hard

Digi.k

Just got GTAIV special Edition through the post today..  its pretty awesome stuff .. I'm not a GTA fan but this version will probably keep me busy for a while.  Love the size of the city!

Most of the time is spent walking driving around doing 360 with the camera just to take in the sights!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/29/2008, 06:10 AMJust got GTAIV special Edition through the post today..  its pretty awesome stuff .. I'm not a GTA fan but this version will probably keep me busy for a while.  Love the size of the city!

Most of the time is spent walking driving around doing 360 with the camera just to take in the sights!
Is it pretty similar to San Andreas, only bigger and better looking?  A lot of people froth at the mouth with hate for GTA, but I too find 'em fun to explore (there's much more to 'em than just running over pedestrians and shooting people), and I look forward to the eventual PC release.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2008, 10:43 AMIs it pretty similar to San Andreas, only bigger and better looking?  A lot of people froth at the mouth with hate for GTA, but I too find 'em fun to explore (there's much more to 'em than just running over pedestrians and shooting people), and I look forward to the eventual PC release.
I never really played much of GTA SA.. I compared this really to Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls because of the size of the city.. ITS MASSIVE!!

There's a video review on Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html

I don't think too much is given away there.

I just quickly shot these.

Niko just taking a stroll through liberty city
/GTAIVtemp.jpg

Me and a few others Sky Diving trying to aim for the pool GTA style
/gtaskydiving.jpg

esteban

Quote from: TRON on 04/25/2008, 01:36 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/21/2008, 08:12 AM
Quote from: TRON on 04/21/2008, 04:48 AMFamicom
GunNac
Oh yeah.
It's some thing isn't i don't even know how i pass it up when i owned a nes.

Guess it was bad timing given,GunNac came out at a time when the next generation of console were hitting the store shelfs.

By that point the nes was on it's way out.

Oh well,better late then never i'm just glad i finally got a copy to play on my famicom.
Yeah, all of the games that came out late in NES / FC's lifespan fell in the shadows of (crappier) 16-bit releases. S.C.A.T. is another great (co-op!) Natsume game you should definitely get :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/29/2008, 01:33 PMI never really played much of GTA SA.. I compared this really to Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls because of the size of the city.. ITS MASSIVE!!
Yet quite a bit smaller than the map in SA, though that's alright considering an awful lot of that was wide open nothingness.  It's too bad that the vehicle and weapon variation went downhill, but at least they scrapped the retarded eating and workout crap (but unfortunately not the clothes shopping stupidity).

Digi.k

they also put in a "ahem" dating sim where you woo a girl ..

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/30/2008, 10:51 AMthey also put in a "ahem" dating sim where you woo a girl ..
Oh nooes!  That's horrible!  :roll:

It's so frickin' funny that people got so worked up over the hot coffee thing.  So, let me get this straight: it's alright for me to beat down a girl, run her over, shoot her, and then set her corpse on fire, but banging her is immoral and inappropriate.  Effin' idiots.  :roll:

natethegreat82

Gamecube
Viewtiful Joe 2
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn

PSP
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

awack

Hagane for the Super Nintendo, i think it might be the best side scrolling action game on the Snes, the last part is a killer though.

jboypacman

This week its been alot of Lords of Thunder and Dracula X for the PCE and Sonic CD for Sega CD.

rolins

A couple months ago I bought a Toshiba Satellite 4005CDS for mere 12 Bucks! It's got a PentiumII 233mhz, 96MB RAM, 4GB hdd, Yamaha OPL3-SA3, floppy, 20x cdrom, 12.1" dual scan, usb port. No windoze on this puppy, my other PC gots that covered. No, I decided this will be a dedicated DOS gaming machine.

Its been very long time since I used dos, so I forgotten how to edit the config.sys and autoexec.bat. I don't know how many times I re-edited those files but I did it so much I ended up re-teaching myself DOS in the process. I remember setting up the sound drivers in dos has always been a hassle. Even trying to find a way to free up enough conventional memory for games to run was sometimes a pain too. But this time around it took me less time to do it. Mmm...nostalgia. It all coming back to me :)

Probably the only bad about this laptop is the LCD, its dual scan. Very blurry and colors are washed out especially when something is in motion, but its got VGA out so it all good on a CRT. Even cooler this laptop looks like a console all time because you don't even have to flip up the screen up to press the power button. The switch is actually on its side. It can stay close forever.

Zeliard - greatest adventure game I've ever played in 2008 hands down. What I love most is the Adlib music. It really sounds better than the original on the NEC PC-8801. I can't believe I missed out on this game. Def on the look out for the original package with 5.25 floppies even though I don't own a 5.25 disk drive. :p

Turrican - game's so picky on the memory requirements that I can't load sneskey. I'm forced to play on the keyboard because of this. I seriously need to get a joystick for the gameport. Glad the music is awesome.

Sorcerian - played the MSX2 port alot and I decided to pick this one up. It's okay but I wish I had a Roland MT-32 because the Adlib music just sound meh...

Doom - classic fps greatness.

Psychic Detective - This one tricked out FMV, its a total mind trip. Dialogue is really good and theres alot of replay value, 10 endings in total. A must play, really its that good.

Night Trap - it's the directors cut this time, same stuff you'd expect from the SegaCD. Quality ain't near the 3DO though.

Flash Traffic: City of Angels - I saw the trailer on youtube, and it looked interesting. Nuclear bomb in Los Angeles and its up to two FBI agents to disarm the bomb and bring the culprits to justice. Very cheesy. Too bad I can't play the mpeg version without a decoder card.

Digi.k

Dead Rising (amazing game, Hated it at first cause I didn't know what the hell to do) and Beautiful Katamari..
Guru Guru Gravity ftw!!

TR0N

PS2
Taito Legends 2

NeoGeo MVS
KOF 2001
Money Puzzle / Idol Exchanger

IMG

Like i said very addictive.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

In light of the news about Thunder Force VI, I blew the dust off my copy of Thunder Spirits and beat it on Hard Mode.

I think after I make this post I just might attempt videotaping another run, this time on maniac.

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 07/11/2008, 05:56 PMIn light of the news about Thunder Force VI, I blew the dust off my copy of Thunder Spirits and beat it on Hard Mode.

I think after I make this post I just might attempt videotaping another run, this time on maniac.
If you make a video of it i'll watch it  :wink: Like most of the videos you have made so far  =D>
IMG

Ninja Spirit

My Thunder Spirits 1cc run beaten on Maniac Mode (though it wasn't maniac enough to keep me on my toes)

Joe Redifer

Thunder Spirits?  Why play that when you can play the REAL Thunder Force games?

EDIT:  Wow, Thunder Spirits sure seems much slower than the real games.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Digi.k

Puzznic on the pce.. Love it. simple graphics, simple tunes, simple yet addictive and calming gameplay.

IMG

Turbo D

That picture rules. It is as powerful as a magazine add, now I want to buy that game!  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jboypacman

Been playing Panic Bomber and SpinPair all this week to get ready for Puyo Puyo CD which i have coming from WolfGames. :D

Digi.k

Been playing Raiden and Mr Heli on pce.. and getting pissed at random deaths!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/27/2008, 08:03 AMBeen playing Raiden and Mr Heli on pce.. and getting pissed at random deaths!
haha.  :lol: I don't know aboot Mr. Heli, but yeah, I know your pain.  ](*,)
IMG

bust3dstr8

Strikers Plus is the first bullet hell game I have really put any time into and I am getting the smack laid
done on me. Oddly the default on this game only gives you two ships :-k on a US Bios, while the Jpn
gives you three. I figured why should the Japanese have all the fun and bumped the players to three.
The Zero Fighter has given me the best results, if I can make it through the level the charge shot bomb
pretty much kills a boss in one hit if you land it well. I am clearing 1-4 pretty consistantly, but get swarmed
and go down in the opening area of 1-5.

IMG
            IMG
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

World Heroes 2,New Zealand Story, Don Doko Don, Hana Tahka Daka, Ninja Gaiden and Strider PCE.

nectarsis

Just received Kiaiden 00 today :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Retro MJM

I've mostly been playing games on my Wii and PS2. The games in question are Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (an excellent pinball collection), Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 for the Wii (While I own NG2 on the NES, I just love the Wii classic controller), and Mega Man Anniversary Collection (mostly in celebration for Mega Man 9) for the PS2. My favorite Mega Man games are, obviously, the first three games with the third installment being my favorite. The other Mega Man games all have their ups and downs but all are enjoyable enough to play at least once.

Here's how I'd rank the games:

Mega Man 3=2>1>>5>6>7>4>8

The unlockable arcade games are enjoyable diversions, though they are a tad too short (even for arcade games).

Turbo D

I'll agree that the first three are the best! My favorite is part two.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Digi.k

playing galaga legions and its really intense!

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Oh wow!!! I forgot about this Galaga. I MUST PLAY IT!  =P~ =P~

What's the gameplay like Digi? Details! Details!  :P
IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/20/2008, 09:04 AMOh wow!!! I forgot about this Galaga. I MUST PLAY IT!  =P~ =P~

different to the past galaga games for sure..

Main difference is having 2 satelites or options.. which using the right analogue controller you can deploy them facing up, down, left and right to help take out the onslaught of wave after wave of enemies..

You do need to strategically place them as the enemies appear from all sides of the screen

you also got certain enemies that u can capture and these will absorb the enemies around it so you can end up controlling a legion of galagas with the satellites

there are also certain enemies which you shoot that cause chain explosions giving lots of points

some classic tunes get remixed and techno'd up

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/20/2008, 09:28 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/20/2008, 09:04 AMOh wow!!! I forgot about this Galaga. I MUST PLAY IT!  =P~ =P~

different to the past galaga games for sure..

Main difference is having 2 satelites or options.. which using the right analogue controller you can deploy them facing up, down, left and right to help take out the onslaught of wave after wave of enemies..

You do need to strategically place them as the enemies appear from all sides of the screen

you also got certain enemies that u can capture and these will absorb the enemies around it so you can end up controlling a legion of galagas with the satellites

there are also certain enemies which you shoot that cause chain explosions giving lots of points

some classic tunes get remixed and techno'd up
Very neat. And this is for Xbox Arcade right? The Galaga games never fail.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Digi.k

yup as far as I know its exclusive to the xbox live. done by the same team that did pac man champion editon.

You can also reskin the enemies and your ship to classic galaga styled graphics of past games

JoshTurboTrollX

Ho Lee Shit Digi, that game looks simply amazing!

Is it multiplayer?  If so we need to set aside a time to play, ya?

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/20/2008, 06:19 AMplaying galaga legions and its really intense!

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Wii/VC
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Super Castlevania IV

NeoGeo
Realbout Fatal Fury
Money Puzzle Exchanger

PCE
Bomberman 94

The wii is hookup again now that i have switch box that suports component.
IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2008, 06:53 PMHo Lee Shit Digi, that game looks simply amazing!

Is it multiplayer?  If so we need to set aside a time to play, ya?
Sadly the game is single player only.

Also Star Wars the force Unleashed is up on xbl gold.. silver might have to wait a week.

demo is ok.. reminds me a lil' of too human