@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Horrible Photoshopping

Started by Joe Redifer, 08/10/2008, 06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Check out this old ad for Samurai Showdown 2:

awfulphotoshopping.webp

Is it just me, or would it be completely impossible for any of those people to ever reach the joysticks even if they stood on their tippy-toes?

albinoMithos

Awww who needs to play the game?  I mean they can reach the coin slot which as we all know is the most important part.  :wink:

Turbo D

I think the size of the arcade in contrast to the people is purposely done to make the arcade machine seem like a god compared to other arcades. On a side note; wasn't there an arcade machine that big somewhere? I think Tron had posted a link to it before.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

lol..it's just typical cheesy US CM stuff :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

I think its just showing how the Japanese stack up against a US arcade machine. See how they don't even try to stand tall and play it,they know they cant reach,thats why they have candy cabs over there :P

guyjin

I think it's awesome. just to enhance the fact that 'they aren't worthy', they make 'em extra small and weak compared to the huge and powerful sam sho 2.  :D

of course, knowing cheesy videogame marketing, it was probably a happy accident  :roll:

Digi.k

did they even have photoshop in those days?  I can't even remember.. :/

Dark Fact

I wonder if these guys would get laughed out of the arcade if they asked for a footstool? :-k
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

That was just a stand alone cab made for SS2.

Pretty much nothing more other it has a 1-slot in it.

Though the ad is correct were not worthy becuase,SS2 is all that and a bag of chips  :dance:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Wait was all of that written actually from a AD back in the day or Photoshopped over? Sometimes it's hard to tell because of how ridiculous Neo Geo ads can be  :mrgreen: ! The "AFFORDability" part just takes it to the extreme :D ! Great stuff.

I think the cabinet might also be symbolizing the Ka'ba.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Dark Fact

"I am the almighty NEO-GEO cabinet! I demand tribute in quarters!"
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

NecroPhile

Those midgets can't handle the real deal.  How sad.

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/10/2008, 07:58 PMdid they even have photoshop in those days?  I can't even remember.. :/
That was roughly the same time as the release of 3.0; I used Corel's Photo-Paint v.4 instead.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Keranoo, yes that is the actual ad with no additional Photoshopping.  I also love the Affordability line.  Shows they had a sense of humor.  Then again weren't Neo Geo games always just 25 cents to play in the arcade when most other games climbed to 50 or more?  They could have been totally serious with that line and had no idea of the humorous ramifications.  Works either way.

Dark Fact

This is why NEO-GEO cabinets rocked.  They didn't have to take more than the necessary 25 cents from us poor gamers. :)