@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Just got my Saturn back and look what is does!!!

Started by atr3yu, 08/07/2008, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atr3yu

Now that isn't mine, but mine is exactly like that except for the round button model modded. The guy who did that one gave my modder the hex he needed to make my Saturn uber l337!!!

guyjin

nifty! But I already have a switched one...

(BTW, edit your post to a link. "[video=" doesn't work here.)

rolins

A modified Saturn is best ain't it? :) They cheap and simple mods. I installed a mod chip and region switch on my white console. Now it'll play backups from any region except europe, but I don't care about PAL.

SignOfZeta

I remember years ago when NCS started hiding US/JP region hacks by using the reset button. This goes several steps beyond that. Pretty damned cool.

Mainly its great for people in the EU/UK. I'm not sure I'll ever buy an EU game. Everything good seems to be US or JP, and I certainly don't need PAL mode.
IMG

Dark Fact

Just as long as your modded Saturn can play the Langrisser collection, you're fine. :wink:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

RaZiel

Yea it is just nice to have all options open as same PAL games didn't see it statewide like Deep Fear and that rocks!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: RaZiel on 08/10/2008, 11:15 PMYea it is just nice to have all options open as same PAL games didn't see it statewide like Deep Fear and that rocks!!
Wasn't deep fear already %99 English? I seem to remember it that way. I seem to remember it being pretty lame too.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

ooo.  You saturn mods?

where!? How do i do!?

I was going to bust it open and resolder the power jack, so maybe I can do that too...  its not like theyre very complex inside.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2008, 02:33 AMooo.  You saturn mods?

where!? How do i do!?

I was going to bust it open and resolder the power jack, so maybe I can do that too...  its not like theyre very complex inside.
http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sat_switchless.htm  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guestits not like theyre very complex inside.
I hope that's a joke.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/11/2008, 02:42 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhanits not like theyre very complex inside.
I hope that's a joke.
by complex I mean, hard to locate stuff, touch (break) stuff, and work inside of it.  I took one apart once to see inside it.

I have a US saturn.   This mod works the same??
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

termis

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2008, 03:07 AMI have a US saturn.   This mod works the same??
All pretty much the same.  I built a US/UK/JP, 50/60Hz switch saturn using a US model, but using the PAL model instructions.  The only difference is the way the initial jumpers are set between the models, but if you understand enough electronics to attempt the mod, you'll probably be fine. 

The switchless mod is cool, but I actually prefer the hard-wired swiches.  I like to just flick the switch and know what setting I'm at, instead of pushing/holding whatever unintuitive button and trying to figure out what setting it's currently in.  Getting the right-looking switch is key, though.

IMG

Quote from: RaZiel on 08/10/2008, 11:15 PMYea it is just nice to have all options open as same PAL games didn't see it statewide like Deep Fear and that rocks!!
Pretty much the reason why I went for the 3-country mod -- just for the hell of it.  I don't even have a single EU game at the moment, but having the option of being able to play one is nice!

Arkhan Asylum

I have a knack for ghetto ass mods, so I would probably put whatever lightswitch, or flashlight switch I can find in there

add duct tape, and some gorilla glue, and a bit of sharpee to cover up my lack of skill, and voila, modified stuff....!

I'll have to try this mod out once I find out where all my solder went.  I thought I had some.  Turns out its just galvanized wire.  Totally doesn't work.

Seldane

What's nice about PAL games is that they suffer from far less frame drops. Guardian Heroes NTSC, for example, suffers from quite a bit of frame drops when there's a lot going on. The PAL version does not. I don't know what causes this, but I guess that when the hardware runs in 50Hz mode, it isn't as demanding or something. Because this does not just apply for Saturn games. It works the same on all old systems, like NES, Master System, SNES, etc. Practically no frame drops.

Also, now someone will say "but PAL games run slower overall!". While this is true for many cases, tons of games are also optimized for PAL mode, and runs at the same speed as its NTSC counterpart - minus the frame drops. By modding the system so that you can force it into NTSC mode, you can play these optimised games at a much higher speed than even the NTSC version. This makes Mario run faster than Sonic.

PS: I hate all games and everything, ever. :-"
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.