OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

ccovell

How about turning off your emulator's filters?...   :-"

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: ccovell on 09/17/2008, 10:39 PMHow about turning off your emulator's filters?...   :-"
That's not from emulation, that picture was taken from actual hardware. That might give a hint.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Joe Redifer

Is it a scan from a magazine?  Or maybe... a video capture?

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones?

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/18/2008, 12:25 AMIs it a scan from a magazine?  Or maybe... a video capture?

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones?
Oh, you got it, Joe Redifer.

That is indeed Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, which I did capture for myself. You're free to start the next one.

awack

How in the world did you get that one, its a conspiracy i tell ya!

Wow, good job.

Joe Redifer

Once I realized that it must be a video capture, I used my past knowledge of Game and Watch Kirby to deduce that it must be Keith Courage in Alpha Zones since she has posted video of it on Youtube.  I am better than Sherlock Holmes!

Anyway, here is the next one:

lastalert1.png

guyjin

Joe Redifer

Nope!  Geesh!!

Hint: It's one of the most "loved" games on the system, but not necessarily for its high quality.

_Paul

Ceti Alpha

Bloody Wolf?

And nice call on the Keith Courage Joe. It was so familiar to me, especially the blue from the laser sword. I just couldn't place it.  #-o
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2008, 03:28 AMRed Alert?
You are most certainly correct.  The same font was used in Babel, but no sane person would consider that to be one of 'most loved games on the system'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/18/2008, 01:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/18/2008, 03:28 AMRed Alert?
You are most certainly correct.  The same font was used in Babel, but no sane person would consider that to be one of 'most loved games on the system'.
Neither would I consider Red Alert, I still think it's a long shot.

Joe Redifer

You are WRONG!  SOOOOO WORNG!!

It's Last Alert.  ;)

lastalert.jpg

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/18/2008, 01:22 AMOnce I realized that it must be a video capture, I used my past knowledge of Game and Watch Kirby to deduce that it must be Keith Courage in Alpha Zones since she has posted video of it on Youtube.  I am better than Sherlock Holmes!

Anyway, here is the next one:
lastalert1.png
I have posted about twleve videos of the game, but Joe Redifer is quite right (he even knows I'm a girl, which is surprising since hardly anyone seems to note it in spite of my several mentionings). I simply took a photo from the "Glachier Zone Battle Field" video and edited to a small portion from there (oh look, he gave away the answer in the picture URL :P).

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/18/2008, 06:38 PMYou are WRONG!  SOOOOO WORNG!!

It's Last Alert.  ;)

lastalert.jpg
Ah ha ha :P. In case you missed Sunteam_Paul's post, he did say it was Red Alert, which is the Japanese version of Last Alert (unless you're not counting Japanese versions of games, as usual; maybe I should've said it was Last Alert sooner, but wasn't able to attend at the quiz earlier ](*,)).

_Paul

Try this one on for size:

/muhahajz7.gif

ccovell

(edit:) 1941?

NecroPhile

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2008, 03:32 AMTry this one on for size:
/muhahajz7.gif
Funny URL there :P (though I can't figure out the significance of the "jz" letters; maybe they were just meant to make it plural in a strange way).

I have a weird feeling it could be Bomberman, Bomberman '93, or Bomberman '94 (but more so for Bomberman).

guyjin

NecroPhile

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/19/2008, 09:53 AMChiki Chiki Boys?
You are correct sir!

I knew I would fool people into rashly guessing R-Type.

And Kirby, the letters in the url are added by image shack when you upload something.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2008, 12:31 PMKirby, the letters in the url are added by image shack when you upload something.
Really :P? I had noticed that before by seeing URLs from Image Shack, but I was not 100% sure if that was true, especially from seeing that screenshot quiz image. That one was certainly a symbol of evil.

NecroPhile

Since I'm so slow, let's try a two for one special (two different games):

/guessme08vl2.jpg
/guessme09xw6.jpg

Joe Redifer

Cosmic Fantasy 2

Not sure about the other one.

_Paul

Guessing here:
Schbibin Man 3 and Beyond Shadowgate.

NecroPhile

Turbo D

Is the first one Snatcher? hehe.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Is one of them Sol Moonarge?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Is the first one Macross 2036?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

No to the above.  Sorry I missed your guess 'til now turbo D.

It's hint time: the first is from one of the most popular SCD games and the second is from a real balls-up of a HuCard.

NecroPhile

More hints: the first is from the most collected game known to the PCE/Turbo universe; the second is from a title that few would have a ball playing through its 100 levels of crap.

Joe Redifer

Ys

Mesopotamia or Time Cruise

kid_rondeau

Ummmm....Ballistix?

LET THE GAME.....COMMENCE.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/07/2008, 03:13 PMYs

Mesopotamia or Time Cruise
Sorry, no.

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 10/07/2008, 03:31 PMUmmmm....Ballistix?

LET THE GAME.....COMMENCE.
Indeed.  Care to whip up an answer for the first screen shot?

/ballistixds5.jpg

Joe Redifer

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/07/2008, 04:30 PMDracula X
Correct.  The pic isn't nearly as dirty as some may have thought.  O:)

/draculaxak2.jpg

Turbo D

I have no idea how you guessed that one Joe!  =D> :lol: I thought it was a sexy chick, turned out it was just hands. Dirty hands  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

So since two people guessed the different puzzles, who gets to go next?

Let's leave it to one picture per person now.

kid_rondeau

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/07/2008, 08:50 PMSo since two people guessed the different puzzles, who gets to go next?

Let's leave it to one picture per person now.
Joe, why don't you go next? It seems to me more people pick screenshots from imports, and I am not terribly familiar with many of them yet.

Joe Redifer

Same here.  It's hard to discover games that have a non-English name.  Would you take a glance at something called Yuu Yuu Ginsei?  Would you even remember that name in the morning if it looked good?  Japan needs to do away with the Japanese language and become ALL ENGLISH.  It's only fair.

Anyway here is my screenshot:

yuuyuuginsei.jpg

guyjin

Joe Redifer

ccovell

That looks like a close-up of the sidefins of the ship from Gate of Thunder.

Joe Redifer

Correct!

got09.jpg

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ccovell

Okay, the next one: /MysteryE.gif

Joe Redifer

ccovell