The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Pricecharting Question

Started by Warbucks, 04/13/2015, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbucks

When searching games on Pricecharting does the complete price include turbo boxes or is it just the CD case?

esteban

Quote from: Warbucks on 04/13/2015, 06:36 PMWhen searching games on Pricecharting does the complete price include turbo boxes or is it just the CD case?
Hahahahahshashs.

Ignore that bullshite.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Gentlegamer

Don't use pricecharting and delete it from your browser history.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

BigusSchmuck

Use this instead:
http://www.gamedude.com/turbog.html
Much more accurate than that over priced crap.

Warbucks

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/13/2015, 07:08 PMUse this instead:
Thanks, is this what everyone here goes by?
Also are his prices just the loose cards or is it complete with case?

bob

All you can really go buy is the latest retail price of the games before turbo was pulled off the shelves entirely.
Most of them were $5-10 sealed, so open CIB and loose would be less.

DeshDildo

Dat Magical Chase pricing though!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Warbucks on 04/13/2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks, is this what everyone here goes by?
Also are his prices just the loose cards or is it complete with case?
Complete minus the cardboard box. But seriously though, those are the prices you should go by not e-bay.

Warbucks

Wish Game Dude took paypal.. would be so much easier.  :-k

sirhcman

Quote from: Desh on 04/13/2015, 07:48 PM
I guarantee "gamedude" is not selling a loose Magical Chase for $199.

bozo55

These totally look like "bro" prices.  I'd be surprised if anyone would be willing to sell their games here at these prices any more :(

SignOfZeta

We don't use price guides here.
IMG

TurboGrafx

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2015, 08:03 PM
If these prices are real (which I know they aren't), I would buy dynastic hero for 179 and magical chase for 199 all day everyday.

cjameslv

This is always a subject for debate. Some say pricecharting/gamedude/ebay completed (burn in hell) and random other things. I doubt there will ever be a definitive price guide as there is too many factors to have to look over for every individual item (label/cart/pcb condition, loose/cib/ cic with spine, cic, astral glide compatibility and JO crystal bro worthiness to name a few.

mickcris

Not sure why GameDude even has that price list on there as it says "Call for current prices".  I wonder how old that list is.

CGQuarterly

I went in to Game Dude about 6 months ago.  He really does sell those games at those prices.  Even if they're still sealed.  That is a no-bullshit place.  You walk in, and there is a rack full of printed-out versions of those price sheets so that the games themselves don't need price tags.  So if that's what the price says on the sheet, that's what you pay.  Obviously he didn't have a Vagical Chase in there or I would have bought it, but he had a decent selection of Turbobs.

CrackTiger

Quote from: TurboGrafx on 04/13/2015, 08:55 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/13/2015, 08:03 PM
If these prices are real (which I know they aren't), I would buy dynastic hero for 179 and magical chase for 199 all day everyday.
Why would you pay so much for them?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/13/2015, 09:44 PMI went in to Game Dude about 6 months ago.  He really does sell those games at those prices.  Even if they're still sealed.  That is a no-bullshit place.  You walk in, and there is a rack full of printed-out versions of those price sheets so that the games themselves don't need price tags.  So if that's what the price says on the sheet, that's what you pay.  Obviously he didn't have a Vagical Chase in there or I would have bought it, but he had a decent selection of Turbobs.
My point exactly. :) Hell I got the 3 in 1 gate of thunder disc for $9... back in 1998. :P

mickcris

Game Dude sounds like a pretty awesome store.  I guess that list is legit then.  I wonder how often they update it.

cr8zykuban0

for prices, it may seem lame but i use ebay sold listings to average out a price for a game that i want and try to pay a little less than the lowest sold listing.

wilykat

Quote from: cjameslv on 04/13/2015, 09:38 PMThis is always a subject for debate. Some say pricecharting/gamedude/ebay completed (burn in hell) and random other things. I doubt there will ever be a definitive price guide as there is too many factors to have to look over for every individual item (label/cart/pcb condition, loose/cib/ cic with spine, cic, astral glide compatibility and JO crystal bro worthiness to name a few.
You forget stars lining up just right.  I've seen 2 similar eBay listing end up over $100 apart because one listing had shit title, shit description, and shit picture that didn't attract many bidders or listing that ended at shit time. Or even when eBay crashes when the listing is down to the last few minutes, blocking snipers.

slinkyturd

To be somewhat on topic of pricecharting. I typically look at the loose price on there. If I can get a CIC copy shipped for that price I feel I've done a good job shopping and it isn't that far off from the game dude's prices. So I guess go by either but some of those gamedude prices are serious suspect and it seems it is usually the ones that are pricier.
70/95 US Turbochips

BlueBMW

When selling I'll use sold ebay auctions to gauge a general range for a particular game and then try and price my stuff at about 75% of whatever I found.  Bro's get better deals than that.

Bottom line there is no good guide out there.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

Forget charts and spreadsheets, pay what you are willing to pay. If it's too much, then the seller will lower his price of find someone who wants it more than you.

Collectards use pricecharts as validation for their pathetic lives.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

MNKyDeth

When I shop. I just remember the game when new was $50 or less. So if it is a loose game, no manual or case then I figure if it's one I want no more than $25.

If it's a complete game with no box then I will go up to $50 if I really want it.

If it' CIB I honestly don't care for cardboard so I will go with a cheaper complete without box first.

If it's CIB and sealed well, I just move on as that's just a collection piece.

I want to play my games and I want to play them without going broke. I enjoy the old games still but I am just one of those people not willing to shell out a house payment for a game. Unless it's several games all at once. :)

Warbucks

I am there with you.  I wouldn't buy a sealed game because I would just rip it open to play it.

NecroPhile

I buy sealed games and open them.  Nuttin' wrong with that when the price is right.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2015, 11:42 AMI buy sealed games and open them.  Nuttin' wrong with that when the price is right.
Yup, same here. It's fun.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG