Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

CrackTiger

If there's an "SNES Shumps 2", does this mean they've covered them all now?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2015, 02:38 AMGot some free airing time there saru :)
Si, And free gropes.

seieienbu

lol, D Force was awful.  I think I only played it on one occasion when I rented it as a kid.  I remember staying at high elevation whenever possible because if I went low then went back up I kept running into enemies that were off screen.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBusted

From looking at Joe's Game Sack episode guide, I think Macross Scrambled Valkyrie is still missing.

http://www.joeredifer.com/gamesack.html

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 11/15/2015, 10:03 AMIf there's an "SNES Shumps 2", does this mean they've covered them all now?
Not quite, still haven't covered Macross nor Steel Talons though I would hardly call Steel Talons a traditional shump..

Gentlegamer

If anyone is wondering, Darius Twin, Bio Metal, Imperium, and Sonic Wings (Aerofighters) are better than the faint praise Joe reluctantly gave them.

Gotta keep up the SNES narrative, I guess.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/15/2015, 06:27 PMIf anyone is wondering, Darius Twin, Bio Metal, Imperium, and Sonic Wings (Aerofighters) are better than the faint praise Joe reluctantly gave them.

Gotta keep up the SNES narrative, I guess.
His final thoughts on Darius Twin and Sonic Wings didn't really match what he said about the game, which I thought was spot on. Still, conclusions aside, Sonic Wings is much better than he said it was, Darius Twin just better, but Bio Metal was accurate. I never played Imperium.

TurboXray

I owned Darius Twin when it came out BITD - I thought it was only average. It was cool that it didn't seem to slow down, but there were much better shmups on the SNES. It was difficult to get excited about that game. I agree about the first stage music, though.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/15/2015, 06:27 PMIf anyone is wondering, Darius Twin, Bio Metal, Imperium, and Sonic Wings (Aerofighters) are better than the faint praise Joe reluctantly gave them
I didn't even talk about Imperium, numbnuts. LOL u r wrong on the internet!

My thoughts are accurate for how I feel. If you feel different, that does not make my thoughts inaccurate. Aero Fighters is good but not amazing. Why do you guys keep calling it Sonic Wings? Maybe if you lived in Japan I would understand it. Quit being weebo. The only time this is appropriate is Thunder Force 4 vs Lightening Force.

Gentlegamer

I call it Sonic Wings because I own it under that name, and I own it because, much like Super Aleste, it costs about 30 USD instead of 300 USD for Aero Fighters (and Space Megaforce).

It's also a better name.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

CGQuarterly

Hahah you got called numbnuts and a weeb in the same post.

Gentlegamer

Yeah, he got me.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Game, set and match, bitch!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/15/2015, 11:15 PMYeah, he got me.
You've been game sacked bitch!

Gentlegamer

IMG

Enternal

they should have livened up the lineup a little bit with macross or targa/rendering ranger.

SamIAm

By the way, if you do another music comparison video, here's another one:

Battle Garegga, Underwater Rampart (stage 2):
Underground Resistance, Jupiter Jazz:

TR0N

Quote from: Enternal on 11/18/2015, 07:12 PMthey should have livened up the lineup a little bit with macross or targa/rendering ranger.
They have looked at rendering ranger all ready.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

shawnji

I feel your pain Joe.  I haven't been able to beat Legendary Axe yet, either.  It's funny that Dave mentioned Earthworm Jim 2.  I used to love the first one, but I'd always die really late in the game.  I came really close to finishing it once, but I met my end just before Queen Slug-for-a-Butt...  Good episode!

Dicer

I have Bested both LA I and II. I have also beat my meat, repeatedly. That game is awesome, but it doesn't last very long, but the replay value is mad high...

So yeah.

ToyMachine78

What was up with the color on the ninja gaiden footage? Looked pretty wacky.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2015, 11:53 PMWhat was up with the color on the ninja gaiden footage? Looked pretty wacky.
I take it you've only played NES through RF?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 11/23/2015, 12:06 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/22/2015, 11:53 PMWhat was up with the color on the ninja gaiden footage? Looked pretty wacky.
I take it you've only played NES through RF?
Yep, and from the looks of that footage, that's how I'll continue to play it lol

ccovell

Yeah, I also surmise from the video (most noticeable in Legendary Wings) that you (Joe or Dave) probably are using one of the "bad batch" NESRGBs, with 1 pixel of fringing next to black graphics.  I think there is a fix for that, if you haven't looked into it already.

EvilEvoIX

I love the video capture quality of the NES.  Makes me wana modify my NES stuffs.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Joe Redifer

He's also using s-video for that capture. Still have to find the time to put the RGB jack in there. And finding time is the hardest thing to do because I have to coordinate Dave and Bill, neither of them will do it on their own. Gotta do his Turbo Duo as well.

Also I'm not sure what you're talking about with "pixel fringing". All I see is the bendy part at the top of the screen and I attribute that to S-video. If it is indeed a bad batch and will show up in RGB as well when we put it in, what is the fix?

ccovell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/25/2015, 03:12 PMAlso I'm not sure what you're talking about with "pixel fringing". All I see is the bendy part at the top of the screen and I attribute that to S-video. If it is indeed a bad batch and will show up in RGB as well when we put it in, what is the fix?
I took these shots with my NESRGB over S-Video.  You can see that in your video, transitions from black to another colour cause 1 pixel of unpredictable results -- sometimes (as on the title screen) 1 pixel stays black when it shouldn't, or it goes white before transitioning to the colour that it should be.  It's obviously a digital issue, not a result of analogue encoding or anything.

(The fix is probably here: http://etim.net.au/nesrgb/background_fault/ )

IMGIMG
IMGIMG

Joe Redifer

Interesting. If it's as simple as soldering a capacitor in place I'll do it when we install the RGB jack. Might as well. In the mean time I wanna tell Dave to switch the palette.

TR0N

IMG

SamIAm

Nitrous Oxide aka N2O is a pretty cool tube shooter on the PS1 that only came out in North America and Europe. The music consisting mostly of tracks straight from The Crystal Method's Vegas album is a big plus. I think it also runs at 60fps.

TR0N

The Future is Now SNK !
IMG

poponon

amazing episode

ToyMachine78

The most epic intro! Joe cracks me up. Im surprised the spoof at the end didn't include the neo geo X

Joe Redifer

We already did that in the Neo Geo X episode. The Neo Geo AES ate the X.

seieienbu

Woo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

The first was a Neo Geo that they had in my small town, Babbages.  It was the first store I'd ever seen that was solely devoted to video games.  The prices were generally higher than anywhere else but they'd get stuff that other stores wouldn't have.  Behind the counter on a shelf it sat:  the Neo Geo AES.  When I was a kid I used to mow lawns for cash that I'd spend on video games, comic books, etc.  I decided I wanted that AES so I saved my money up for most of a Summer and had cash in hand to buy the sole Neo Geo they had at Babbages.  I then managed to convince myself that it was just too expensive and I ended up getting a stack of games and a bunch of magic cards instead.  I got some good stuff, sure, but I always kinda wished that I'd gotten that Neo Geo instead. 

The other time I almost bought one from a local guy back in 2001 but ended up talking him out of selling it.  Anyway, I met him at a coffee shop, asked him to tell me about it, and he did.  He had won it on a video game show called Power Team or Video Power or something.  After winning a trivia contest a contestant he then got to go on a toy run.  Any game he got and stuck to his velcro suit he'd get to keep.  There was one game that if he found it he'd get a Neo Geo.  He knew how the show worked and that the game was always a Tiger handheld game so he ran and grabbed every one of those non-fun junk handheld games he could and, sure enough, was rewarded with a Neo Geo and Magician Lord.  Well, after becoming a bit nostalgic, he decided that he couldn't sell the system after all.  I should have just handed him the $250 we agreed on, taken the system, and left. 

Not getting the first one was okay; it was like $800 with tax iirc.  Missing out on the second one, however?  I've been kicking myself over that one for a decade.  Periodically I've looked at ebay prices and I think the AES is well out of buy-able range for me now due to the ridiculous prices of the games that I'd like to own.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gentlegamer

Very pleased Joe worked the Hot Dog ad into the intro.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/06/2015, 05:36 PMWoo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

The first was a Neo Geo that they had in my small town, Babbages.  It was the first store I'd ever seen that was solely devoted to video games.  The prices were generally higher than anywhere else but they'd get stuff that other stores wouldn't have.  Behind the counter on a shelf it sat:  the Neo Geo AES.  When I was a kid I used to mow lawns for cash that I'd spend on video games, comic books, etc.  I decided I wanted that AES so I saved my money up for most of a Summer and had cash in hand to buy the sole Neo Geo they had at Babbages.  I then managed to convince myself that it was just too expensive and I ended up getting a stack of games and a bunch of magic cards instead.  I got some good stuff, sure, but I always kinda wished that I'd gotten that Neo Geo instead. 

The other time I almost bought one from a local guy back in 2001 but ended up talking him out of selling it.  Anyway, I met him at a coffee shop, asked him to tell me about it, and he did.  He had won it on a video game show called Power Team or Video Power or something.  After winning a trivia contest a contestant he then got to go on a toy run.  Any game he got and stuck to his velcro suit he'd get to keep.  There was one game that if he found it he'd get a Neo Geo.  He knew how the show worked and that the game was always a Tiger handheld game so he ran and grabbed every one of those non-fun junk handheld games he could and, sure enough, was rewarded with a Neo Geo and Magician Lord.  Well, after becoming a bit nostalgic, he decided that he couldn't sell the system after all.  I should have just handed him the $250 we agreed on, taken the system, and left. 

Not getting the first one was okay; it was like $800 with tax iirc.  Missing out on the second one, however?  I've been kicking myself over that one for a decade.  Periodically I've looked at ebay prices and I think the AES is well out of buy-able range for me now due to the ridiculous prices of the games that I'd like to own.
The way the market is now for a aes it's best just to forget it.The AES has become such a collectible that's it's for people with a disposable income.The best way to enjoy it now is either a consolized mvs,or a supergun setup with a multicart.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/06/2015, 05:36 PMWoo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

That kid is a LEGEND, at least on www.neo-geo.com.  He came posted about winning the system and the first game his dad bought him afterwards which I believe was ninja masters which he beat the first day and returned for another game.

Video here:
Winning that system at that time would win any childhood experience.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

technozombie

Just what I needed, something else to make me want a Neo-Geo I'll never be able to afford.

Edit: oh yeah great video. Loved every minute of it. Too bad I only  inherited a gamboy with tetris from my grandma.

Medic_wheat

Mega lower video guys.

Yeah I have a AES and two games. I then quickly ditched the idea of collecting for it and went MVS.

I have been able to pick up more then two MVS games so solid investment.

Still have a lot on my want list.

I honestly only hold onto the AES on this hope that a ever drive will be made for it. I know it won't.  But I can dream can't I?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/06/2015, 05:36 PMWoo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up. 
Finally?

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/08/2015, 08:37 AMMega lower video guys.

Yeah I have a AES and two games. I then quickly ditched the idea of collecting for it and went MVS.

I honestly only hold onto the AES on this hope that a ever drive will be made for it. I know it won't.  But I can dream can't I?
Get an MVS to AES converter like this one here...   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-to-AES-Magic-Key-Convertor-V2-released-Dec-2015-2016-next-year-/331723501086?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

161-in-1 NeoGeo Multigame Cartridge.  It's somewhat of an investment but that converter has UNIBIOS built in and plays pretty much every game.  This will get you 90% of what you need in one shot.
IMGIMGIMG

CrackTiger

That's like paying more than the price of a PS4 for a big bulky attachment that sits on top of a Playstation 1, so that it no longer looks like a Playstation playing a CD game, just to play PS4 games "on" your Playstation 1.

Except that the Playstation 1 you choose also costs as much as a PS4.

Why not just buy and play a PS4?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2015, 11:47 AMThat's like paying more than the price of a PS4 for a big bulky attachment that sits on top of a Playstation 1, so that it no longer looks like a Playstation playing a CD game, just to play PS4 games "on" your Playstation 1.

Except that the Playstation 1 you choose also costs as much as a PS4.

Why not just buy and play a PS4?
I see your point financially however these aren't PS1 games, that are Neo Geo games and they occupy a very classic and specific Niche all of it's own and nothing at all is like it  During it's reign it had other consoles that constantly tired to emulate it's games and it wasn't until the Sega Dreamcast where near perfect ports could be made.  These are arcade games and were rare and collectible and very fun two player action. If you want a ton of Neo Geo games played on Neo Geo Hardware the route I just posted is the cheapest possible way Via AES.  A consolized 1-Slot may be better,  A Neo Geo CD and a CD Burner could be cheaper still with obvious trade-offs, or just download tehzz Romzz11!11 and play on your lap top. Most of us enjoy the sense of occasion with real hardware and having a Neo Geo in teh flesh is very cool IMHO.

Found a like on the Neo Store for a much cheaper not eBay overpriced converter here.....

http://www.neostore.com/MVS-MagicKey-MVS-to-AES-Neo-Geo-converter-p/1381.htm
IMGIMGIMG

crazydean

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/08/2015, 12:27 PMThese are arcade games and were rare and collectible and very fun two player action.
Ha! Joke's on you! I don't have anyone to play two-player games with.

Also, that video is awesome, but I am so glad to be out of the 90's. Way too much 'tude.

ClodBusted

That last episode convinced my girlfriend never to buy a Neo Geo. The only game that got her attention was Metal Slug.

And I'm not even mad at her, since she asked when we'll be playing Salamander on the Turbo Duo again.

NecroPhile

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/08/2015, 12:27 PMI see your point.... [foolish bullshit about the awesomeness of teh mighty neogeo]
You obviously don't.  His point was that you're advocating paying as much as the cost of a cmvs to gain the functionality of a cmvs on an equally costly aes when any intelligent person would just buy a cmvs.

PS - Please make you sig even bigger and more ghey..... never mind, you already have.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2015, 01:44 PMYou obviously don't.  I just can't get off your dick for even a second and just need to argue with you.  You post left I have to argue right no matter the circumstances.
Yeah I get that, I mean that's your thing and please have at it I guess.   Just don't expect me or other posters to take you seriously.  I believe it's called being "contrarian" and many children do it get attention.   If you bothered to read my or any other posts in this thread before tossing in yet another hissy you would see that the person I was replying to posted this :

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/08/2015, 08:37 AMMega lower video guys.

So he already has the hardware and I simply posted links to devices to make it a consolized MVS or waiting for the hopes of an Everdrive.  He could also still pick up AES games like I do and still play them so all options are on the table.  There is no AES to MVS converter.  What I posted could only have aggravated you.  The only thing you have done is redefine the word "Cunt".  Congratulations
IMGIMGIMG