The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michirin9801

Just expanding on my YouTube comment:

It's so meta to see a Deflemask track playing on Joe's Genesis in a Game Sack video... Even though it doesn't play right... But you know what? I'll bet you could play some Deflemask tunes on the TurboGrafx-16 A-OK... Try it!

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22511.msg501799#msg501799
^A lot of my songs can be found in ROMs right here, and I'll bet Fragmare will also link some of his own stuff in .hes format sooner or later...

CrackTiger

All of the deflemask roms I'br tried on real hardware seemed to play as intended and sounded better than emulation.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

Well if any body is in texas dang it bobby !! There's this con joe&dave will be at.
IMG

majors

I meet Game Sack at Retropalooza two years ago before their con hiatus. Their panel is on Sunday @ noon this year...I toying with the idea of flying down that morning, catch the panel then fly back the same evening since hotel rooms seem to be $200+.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

sirhcman

Quote from: majors on 09/26/2017, 11:12 AMI meet Game Sack at Retropalooza two years ago before their con hiatus. Their panel is on Sunday @ noon this year...I toying with the idea of flying down that morning, catch the panel then fly back the same evening since hotel rooms seem to be $200+.
Won't the panel be filmed for youtube like the others? Seems like a lot of money to spend just to see a "retro" video game panel

NecroPhile

Not when you pay $0 for airfare.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

majors

Yeah...forgot to mention that free flight part. I think Lyft would be 60-80 bucks. It would be cool story to tell folks to show how much I appreciate the Sack team. If I go, I may be IN the recording too :)
TG/PCE Collection.

sirhcman

Quote from: majors on 09/27/2017, 10:10 AMYeah...forgot to mention that free flight part. I think Lyft would be 60-80 bucks. It would be cool story to tell folks to show how much I appreciate the Sack team. If I go, I may be IN the recording too :)
Well I hope you have fun!

turboswimbz

Quote from: majors on 09/27/2017, 10:10 AMYeah...forgot to mention that free flight part. I think Lyft would be 60-80 bucks. It would be cool story to tell folks to show how much I appreciate the Sack team. If I go, I may be IN the recording too :)
Aren't these things your job now. LMAO.
DO me a favor and tell if right sack is the same as left sack.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TR0N

IMG

Joe Redifer

We won't be recording the panel. Retropalooza may record it but I'm not counting on it.

majors

Then I have to go now...exclusive GS content not foundz on the webz! Of course, some attendee may record from his phone, but that's no fun.
TG/PCE Collection.

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

ClodBusted

Are there yet people complaing about not having included Road Rash, because they missed the dedicated episode?

Medic_wheat

I was actually debating in my head if the Burn Out series counted in their sub activity of games.

Then Joe talked about a ham that was very Burn Outish.

ToyMachine78

I've really enjoyed the streaming Joe. Keep it up.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2017, 08:31 PMI've really enjoyed the streaming Joe. Keep it up.
He does good by streaming long as it's not greendawg  :roll:
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Winniez

Great stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. I would like to see a PC game episode from you guys. Could be vintage DOS games, older Windows games, Steam games or what have you. Stuff that you (mostly as  console gamers) might have missed, made you wish you have it for PC or memories of playing some great games on PC over at mates house etc.

TR0N

Quote from: Winniez on 11/18/2017, 04:18 PMGreat stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. I would like to see a PC game episode from you guys. Could be vintage DOS games, older Windows games, Steam games or what have you. Stuff that you (mostly as  console gamers) might have missed, made you wish you have it for PC or memories of playing some great games on PC over at mates house etc.
They don't have the experience for retro PC games.So i don't see how they could cover it.
IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: TR0N on 11/19/2017, 02:03 AM
Quote from: Winniez on 11/18/2017, 04:18 PMGreat stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. ..
They don't have the experience for retro PC games.So i don't see how they could cover it.
Maybe not, but they did touch on the sharpX68000.  And I could see them doing an episode(s) where they talk about newer games that feel retro, many of which are on PC/steam.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TR0N

IMG

BigusSchmuck

You guys really should do a episode on BAD arcade ports to consoles. Seriously, Timekillers and T-Mek are fine examples of porting going bad.

Groover

I also enjoy the streaming.

Thanks for another great episode. You are really coming up with arcade games I missed over the years.

I agree that arcade games that got bad console ports could be interesting. I think it is amazing that Time Killers even got a port. I played that game on an arcade machine at an (IAAPA) Ammusement Convention. That was the only time I saw that game.
IMG

majors

Crime Fighters was always a fav of mine. I love the "gritty" graphics/pixel art that is used. Also, the gun weapon was instant...no slow moving bullet going across the screen.

If you every get a chance to see it, Konami made a 2-on-2 basketball game called Punkshot that has a similar gfx vibe. I think the dedicated cab(design and side art) is prolly better than the actual game.
TG/PCE Collection.

seieienbu

There's a schizophrenic guy who comes to play at my arcade sometimes.  We have a mame cabinet that covers the bases of the jillions of games that we don't have.  Anyway, the guy shows up and plays Crime Fighters, makes some odd noises, beats it, then generally leaves.  I'd honestly never heard of the game before seeing him play it repeatedly.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

seieienbu

An HD remaster of Shenmue is an odd thing.  Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are a couple of my favorite games of all time.  I have very fond memories of both.  I played Shenmue over Spring break during my first semester at College and was super excited for the sequel.  When I heard it was cancelled I was furious but later elated at the prospect of playing a European version instead. 

So, the HD Remaster?  I would personally love to play the games again in 16x9 on a higher resolution.  Aside from that, what I'd like most out of the game would be to have dual audio tracks with my choice of which language to play it in.  However?  Shenmue isn't for everyone and is very much a product of its time.  I actually think it would be to the benefit of Shenmue 3 to Not re-release the games.  At the very least, not to rerelease them far in advance of Shenmue 3.  As polarizing as the games were back then I can't see that many new players would play these games and become enthralled fans champing at the bit for the new Shenmue.

Gypsy

Yeah Shenmue II working out the way it did was a blessing in disguise. The dub for the first was so bad, whereas playing the 2nd game subtitled was fantastic.

Also I definitely agree, they are really polarizing games. Someone made a really good post about it awhile back, I think it was Zeta. Saying that basically it will be impossible to appeal to the old fans and to make it a good new game, or something like that. I'm looking forward to Shenmue 3 though, just to see how it goes.

sirhcman

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/21/2018, 03:54 PMSo, the HD Remaster? 
A remake of Burning Rangers is at the top of my list

TR0N

IMG

CrackTiger

Mini Racers looks fun.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

The release of the GBC version of Resident Evil was lots of fun, I've "beaten" it as soon as it got out, you can actually get as far as the lab on that one, but IIRC there's no tyrant fight nor a way to get into the heliport. Wish they actually went forward and released it comercially, alongside the planned Dino Crisis one.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

I wanted to play Propeller Arena back when it was supposed to come out.  I'd been a big fan of playing DC games online and that one looked like fun.  A couple of years later Crimson Skies on Xbox Live was a lot of fun and likely the better game so I considered that itch mostly scratched. 

I think a fun video might be one about Unreleased Game Consoles.  The obvious SNES CD springs to mind but you also have the Sega Neptune, Atari Panther, and maybe the Phantom or Coleco Chameleon.  Maybe there's enough stuff there for an episode, maybe not?

CrackTiger

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/04/2018, 05:41 PMI wanted to play Propeller Arena back when it was supposed to come out.  I'd been a big fan of playing DC games online and that one looked like fun.  A couple of years later Crimson Skies on Xbox Live was a lot of fun and likely the better game so I considered that itch mostly scratched. 

I think a fun video might be one about Unreleased Game Consoles.  The obvious SNES CD springs to mind but you also have the Sega Neptune, Atari Panther, and maybe the Phantom or Coleco Chameleon.  Maybe there's enough stuff there for an episode, maybe not?
Intellivision III, Odyssey 3, Konix whatever, M2...

crazydean

What would a Game Sack episode of unreleased console even consist of? The only reason they can do "Unreleased games" is because of leaked roms. Would it just be an episode of going over specs of unreleased consoles or showing pictures of prototypes?

TDIRunner

Quote from: crazydean on 02/04/2018, 10:00 PMWhat would a Game Sack episode of unreleased console even consist of? The only reason they can do "Unreleased games" is because of leaked roms. Would it just be an episode of going over specs of unreleased consoles or showing pictures of prototypes?
They could play any game ROM that works on an SD2SNES as long as it's in an SNES 101 inside a Jaguar shell.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Winniez

Quote from: crazydean on 02/04/2018, 10:00 PMWhat would a Game Sack episode of unreleased console even consist of? The only reason they can do "Unreleased games" is because of leaked roms. Would it just be an episode of going over specs of unreleased consoles or showing pictures of prototypes?
'Game Sack? More like ballsack am I right?' :)

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

IMG

Gypsy

Ready for dat MSX price spike.

Bloufo

Going in, I knew very little wrt the MSX. I didn't know quite what I was expecting, but to be honest, for me, this was a little underwhelming.

ccovell

Most of the western computing world / media was indeed underwhelmed when the MSX1 was announced, and Yamaha were left playing catch-up with their chipsets for the decade to follow.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/18/2018, 12:31 PMGoing in, I knew very little wrt the MSX. I didn't know quite what I was expecting, but to be honest, for me, this was a little underwhelming.
Are you surprised?  It's made by someone who doesn't know enough about the MSX to make a 40 minute video, but made one anyways.

lol.

Didn't bother to watch, but I saw others griping about the lack of exclusive game coverage, and lack of other Konami  titles.

and I assume they dropped the ball on MicroCabin, T&E, and hardware stuff.

Par For The Course.

If you want to know about the MSX, you need to find out about it yourself, and from experienced people.

Quote from: ccovell on 03/18/2018, 08:47 PMMost of the western computing world / media was indeed underwhelmed when the MSX1 was announced, and Yamaha were left playing catch-up with their chipsets for the decade to follow.
I think he was underwhelmed because of the video content quality, not the actual computer.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted