What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

Quote from: geise on 12/06/2013, 10:50 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/06/2013, 08:29 AMSuicidal Tendencies

You.... Can't... Bring... Me.... Down!
Awesome!  "You wouldn't know crazy if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch!"

Demonical - Hellsworn 2009 FULL ALBUM

I am currently back on a death metal kick, a Swedish death metal kick to be precise.  Demonical is an awesome band.  They have that awesome old school sound.  I can't stand new digital recordings for bands currently.  It can really ruin the music, especially for metal.  So much over production the past decade.
Lol

I love European metal too. Specifically Children of Bodom, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, and Old Mans Child.

geise

I don't know why but I was never huge on Children of Bodom. They are great musicians though. I do love Opeth, Old Mans Child, and (old) Dimmu Borgir before Spiritual Black Dimensions.

MotherGunner:  That was awesome.  I am a huge Beast and David Whittaker fan.

ToyMachine78

Xak

Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

geise

blueraven

Listening to the Specials, and Burning Spear

ToyMachine78

Gorgoroth Black Krakow on YouTube!

Xak

ToyMachine78

Marilyn Manson...love him or hate him he kicks ass!

"Do you love your guns! God , Government!! "

I sure as hell don't

gamefreak054

I have been listening to a lot of black dahlia murder (probably my favorite metal band), along with Inflames, and impending doom. I really like In Flames, but I wish their older recordings were better. The vocals are placed so far behind the instruments it drives me nuts.

ToyMachine78

Now Plink F :-"loyd the Wall. Guess I finally got my head right

ToyMachine78

Xak

OldSchoolGamer

I just imported the Premium Box set of Tales of Destiny Directors Cut for PS2 which comes w/ a cool box, the game(of course), a sweet Art Book full of illustrations, and a Special CD w/ Various songs from various games in the Tales of Series.

So I am currently listening to that CD. It is pretty damn good I must admit. I have always felt the Tales of games have pretty damn good music in them. I think Final Fantasy games have better music but Tales of games have IMO pretty damn good OST's.

What is everyone else who hasn't posted yet listening to?
(14:42:34) OSG: real life should have such things as achievements
(14:43:11) OSG: You just banged 2 girls at once.... ACHIEVEMENT!
(14:43:48) chop5: not only that,theres gonna be hidden adds too
(14:47:59) OSG: You ate a girl out...ACHIEVEMENT! (in the background theres a poster... "Hungry? Come eat at TGI FRIDAYS!"

Xak

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Xak

munchiaz

the sounds of nexsus 7 switches in a computer lab.....

geise

New Cynic song from their forthcoming album due out in Feb 14th.  I really like the song on it's own but as a Cynic song I am not so sure.  I do love the song though.

CYNIC - The Lion's Roar

jeffhlewis

Supposedly this album was inspired by Outrun (the arcade game). Sounds pretty dope:

Kavinsky - Outrun [Full Album]

Xak

handygrafx

Been startin' the new year with some old school & new school Latin Freestyle.

currently:

George Lamond - Without You '98

link

favs are:

-BK Dano's Raise The Roof Mix    
-Valentin's Bass Mix    
-J.J.'s Smooth Mix

esteban

Quote from: handygrafx on 01/03/2014, 11:08 PMBeen startin' the new year with some old school & new school Latin Freestyle.

currently:

George Lamond - Without You '98

link

favs are:

-BK Dano's Raise The Roof Mix
-Valentin's Bass Mix
-J.J.'s Smooth Mix
I remember this. I haven't listened to the remixes, though (not yet).

Speaking of freestyle: I grew up on it. TKA, baby. Silent Morning. Etc. etc.  :pcgs:

handygrafx

Yeah I grew up on freestyle as well... SaFire, TKA, The Cover Girls, Noel, George Lamond, Brenda K. Starr, Tony Moran, Coro, Seduction, Cynthia, Johnny O, Corina, Nyasia, Lil Suzy, Collage, Miguel Reyes, Laura Enea, and so on.

esteban

Quote from: handygrafx on 01/04/2014, 06:40 AMYeah I grew up on freestyle as well... SaFire, TKA, The Cover Girls, Noel, George Lamond, Brenda K. Starr, Tony Moran, Coro, Seduction, Cynthia, Johnny O, Corina, Nyasia, Lil Suzy, Collage, Miguel Reyes, Laura Enea, and so on.
Heck yeah. What's funny is that, as a kid, I had no idea that there was a name for this genre (sub-genre). It was just "dance music" to me, and when I was older, and anyone would mention "freestyle" I never knew what they were referring to until they started spouting off songs.

handygrafx

Quote from: esteban on 01/05/2014, 11:11 AMHeck yeah. What's funny is that, as a kid, I had no idea that there was a name for this genre (sub-genre). It was just "dance music" to me, and when I was older, and anyone would mention "freestyle" I never knew what they were referring to until they started spouting off songs.
Same here. 

It wasn't until around 1998 that I started learning about what this music was.  It also used to be called Latin Hip-Hop and Heartthrob, but mainly, back in the day it was just called dance club music.

Was pretty sad how freestyle 'died' after the early 90s, meaning it was no longer getting much air play on major FM radio stations.  However freestyle has always been kept alive by most of the 'core' artists as well as new artists, and of course, by freestyle fans who grew up, loved, and lived that music. 

With the internet booming in the late 90s, new freestyle songs got released from the well known artists as well as from ones that started up in the 2000s like Sharyn Maceren on the west coast.  There have been many new tracks over the years that only get released online, some on iTunes.  Other new tracks get released in freestyle compilations.

On another note, a few years ago Noel was reunited with his twin daughters after 7 years of not being allowed to see them.   

Noel's daughters were secretly flown in by his long time producer and friend for a major birthday surprise at the 25th Anniversary of Freestyle.  During Noel's performance they switched his backup dancers with his two daughters. Once he realized the dancers were his daughters, well, it was very emotional for Noel, to say the least, as one might imagine.

The whole time the audience had been reading what was going on and kept it a secret, too. Amazing!  This video is just so awesome to watch:
Noel reunited with his daughters @ 25th Anniversary of Freestyle

esteban

Quote from: handygrafx on 01/05/2014, 01:04 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/05/2014, 11:11 AMHeck yeah. What's funny is that, as a kid, I had no idea that there was a name for this genre (sub-genre). It was just "dance music" to me, and when I was older, and anyone would mention "freestyle" I never knew what they were referring to until they started spouting off songs.
Same here. 

It wasn't until around 1998 that I started learning about what this music was.  It also used to be called Latin Hip-Hop and Heartthrob, but mainly, back in the day it was just called dance club music.

Was pretty sad how freestyle 'died' after the early 90s, meaning it was no longer getting much air play on major FM radio stations.  However freestyle has always been kept alive by most of the 'core' artists as well as new artists, and of course, by freestyle fans who grew up, loved, and lived that music. 

With the internet booming in the late 90s, new freestyle songs got released from the well known artists as well as from ones that started up in the 2000s like Sharyn Maceren on the west coast.  There have been many new tracks over the years that only get released online, some on iTunes.  Other new tracks get released in freestyle compilations.

On another note, a few years ago Noel was reunited with his twin daughters after 7 years of not being allowed to see them.   

Noel's daughters were secretly flown in by his long time producer and friend for a major birthday surprise at the 25th Anniversary of Freestyle.  During Noel's performance they switched his backup dancers with his two daughters. Once he realized the dancers were his daughters, well, it was very emotional for Noel, to say the least, as one might imagine.

The whole time the audience had been reading what was going on and kept it a secret, too. Amazing!  This video is just so awesome to watch:
Noel reunited with his daughters @ 25th Anniversary of Freestyle
I didn't know any of that stuff about Noel. Pretty crazy.

"Heartthrob"—ha! I never knew about that term...it is funny how some labels stick.

handygrafx

Xak

handygrafx

Never heard of this band before, just heard 'Remember Me' on the radio in Chicago last night on
95 WILL Rock. They said it was new music by Emphatic. 

I liked it a lot cause the lyrics speak to me.

roflmao

Just in case anyone missed it, I've been listening to this all Obey podcast Joshua recently released: http://hucast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-13T12_19_58-08_00/

EDIT: Updated the link to the current location.  :P

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2014, 08:38 PMJust in case anyone missed it, I've been listening to this all Obey podcast Joshua recently released: http://joshuajaeger79.podomatic.com/
Might have been foolish to do so after I posted the first one, but I changed the URL from what you posted to this-

http://hucast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-13T12_19_58-08_00

I thought it made more sense to change it to HuCast rather than my gmail account-email.....  Sorry for the confusion.  :(
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Derp on my part.  Thanks for the updated link!

bartre

mostly just been listening to attack! attack! and yellowcard lately.
mix in a bit of dirtfedd and the drive to work is usually pretty nice.

yoyo

David Bowie's "Earthling" album!
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: yoyo on 01/15/2014, 11:16 PMDavid Bowie's "Earthling" album!
I have been afraid to give this a listen, and I remember when it was released.

yoyo

Quote from: esteban on 01/15/2014, 11:59 PM
Quote from: yoyo on 01/15/2014, 11:16 PMDavid Bowie's "Earthling" album!
I have been afraid to give this a listen, and I remember when it was released.
I really like it, has a different sound than most of his music. I've been a Bowie fan for a long time, probably helps the fact that I do enjoy it, I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone though.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

handygrafx

Love's Contagious (Lamond Master Mix Medley)

From the Love's Contagious single

IMG
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

That was awesome, _joshua!  ... whatever that was.  :wink:

wildfruit

Soundtrack to lucasarts the dig

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

roflmao

Xak

PukeSter

So Xak listens to hi own music, I see...

This is pretty nice.

The Animals- House of the Rising Sun

Xak

sweet song lukester, i was so bombed out of my mind i cant believe i even got that dumb song to upload. much less post it on here

wildfruit

Quote from: Xak on 01/22/2014, 06:55 PMsweet song lukester, i was so bombed out of my mind i cant believe i even got that dumb song to upload. much less post it on here
live life sober. It is refreshing

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

MotherGunner

Currently listening to Samsation & the Being's "Return to Life."  Great song!

(Some artwork NSFW)

Samsation & the Being - Return to Life / featuring Luis Royo
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

geise

I've been listening to this band for the past couple years now.  This is the kind of band that is even better in a live environment.  Their new stuff has an amazing new sound.  Always a fresh music with these guys.  Great instrumental band from Ireland.
And So I Watch You From Afar - Eunoia / Big Thinks Do Remarkable - Audiotree Live

geise

Singing Deep Mountain - Gordian Knot

also a new song off the upcoming Cynic Album

True Hallucination Speak

Opethian

they got another album? heh I still have the limited Traced in Air set.
IMG