RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Nectarsis, stay away from Portland.

Started by guyjin, 04/28/2012, 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/28/portland-prosecutor-says-innoc.html

QuoteA Portland City attorney argued in court that a Portland police officer was justified in brutally tasing a non-violent man with no criminal record because it was later discovered that the man owned a classic kung fu film collection. The jury didn't agree, and the taxpayers now get to pay a $250,000 settlement. Naturally, Officer Benjamin J. Davidson remains on the force.
http://www.theagitator.com/2012/04/28/wrong-guy/

nectarsis

LOL already read about this...pretty retarded ploy to even try IMO.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SignOfZeta

IMG

Joe Redifer

It's pretty much impossible to get fired as a cop no matter how shitty you are.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/28/2012, 10:46 PMIt's pretty much impossible to get fired as a cop no matter how shitty you are. 
You've never been to Cleveland then!   lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Least honorable profession on Earth.  Hands down.

RegalSin

So all we have to do is make friends with an officer, and "sapposively" dress a certain way and then get tasered, and WIN 250,000 dollars instantly?

So the officers some how gain access to his living quarters.

It is like the world never learned it's lesson in the last twenty years. Of course all the officers are probably veterans, or veterans wannabes.

All of this for Graffiti?

Next time they will probably plant the evidence on the "TARGET"
IMGIMG

nectarsis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/30/2012, 12:54 AMLeast honorable profession on Earth.  Hands down.
You know as much as there is understandable outrage over cases like this (and many others) the blanket cop hate has gotten completely retarded these days.   It's always the FUCK PIGS types that are the first to want cops when THEY need them, and quick as hell to whine when the cops aren't there/don't do there jobs as THEY think they should be done.  Add to that 99% of them that have such disdain for cops couldn't ever come close to doing their job/handling the stresses they deal with (especially dealing with disrespectful asshats like the above mentioned).

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/30/2012, 11:00 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/30/2012, 12:54 AMLeast honorable profession on Earth.  Hands down.
You know as much as there is understandable outrage over cases like this (and many others) the blanket cop hate has gotten completely retarded these days.   It's always the FUCK PIGS types that are the first to want cops when THEY need them, and quick as hell to whine when the cops aren't there/don't do there jobs as THEY think they should be done.  Add to that 99% of them that have such disdain for cops couldn't ever come close to doing their job/handling the stresses they deal with (especially dealing with disrespectful asshats like the above mentioned).
I agree that blanket cop hate has gotten out of hand. I think a lot of people, myself included, are frustrated by police behavior and more and more people see police as being out of control. I think that in general, the American people have let government in general get out of control in power and size. If we do a better job of getting things more under control, people will feel better about all aspects of government.

Police Unions have been able to push for something called "the police officer's bill of rights" which in many cases seems to put police above the law and a reasonable standard of conduct.

NecroPhile

I don't have 'fuck the police' hate - I have 'fuck the police that back up fellow officers no matter what' hate.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2012, 02:27 PMI don't have 'fuck the police' hate - I have 'fuck the police that back up fellow officers no matter what' hate.
Which makes perfect sense and is a far cry from "Least honorable profession on Earth.  Hands down."  nonsense ;)

esteban

This incident reveals a simple truth: Bruce Lee was a thug, and his films will destroy the moral fabric of our society IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

I think blanket cop hate is way overdue. Way way way overdue. Centuries overdue.

And yes, I do complain when cops don't show up on time...because that's just one more thing that sucks about your average cop. I'm not "anti-cop" because I don't think cops should exists (dumbass) I'm anti-cop because the vast majority of them are fucking assholes. It's not a matter of too much power in the hands of the government, it's a matter of too much power in the hands of random violent racist assholes who aren't acting in the interest of the government or anyone but other cops and their own bloodlust. Not a week goes by without a news story about some mentally retarded guy being tasered to death or some shit. Yesterday I read a story about a woman who had BOTH EYES DESTROYED, physically, not chemically, by riot grade pepper spray fired at close range.

Fuck those assholes.
IMG