OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The Brag n' Boast Thread

Started by FiftyQuid, 06/01/2012, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Cadash manual for $20?  That's not bad if the game is inside it.

P.S. - Yeah, I know what I'm doing.

FiftyQuid

I figure it's time for an update.  It's been two months since I started this thread.  In case you missed it, I had just convinced my wife to give me the room and start collecting(see post #28 in this thread for all the details).  This was a photo of my very first game room;

/dscn6804.jpg

Well it's been two months since then, so here's what the room looks like now;

/dscn7182o.jpg
In this photo you can see I put up these handy things called, wait for it..."shelves".  Anyway, they allow you to get things off the floor!  A wonderful invention and I would highly recommend you invest in them.  Oh, and nothing says '90's like a car subwoofer box!

/dscn7181z.jpg
As you can see I've expanded into NES a little bit.  Finally purchased a Control Deck off a fellow forum member.  Came in the box with all the manuals.  Pretty decent deal if I do say so myself.  I have the retro stuff intermingled with some 'now' generation gaming supplies.  Uncharted 3 boxed edition, a sealed PS3 SharpShooter, and a uber RARE sealed PS3 Nav Controller.

/dscn7183o.jpg
The new NES is on the right.  I took it apart to clean it as the contacts were very, very loose.  I started putting it back together, but I must have done something wrong because when I screw the lid on I can't pop the game up to eject it.  Without the lid it's fine.  I just haven't had time to screw with it again.  It works and I really wanted to play it.  In the far right corner you can see my lonely PS3 phat.  That one suffered from YLOD.  I have another pre-owned PS3 phat up in the main living room.  I had purchased a PS3 Slim, but I didn't like it for reasons that are too numerous to post.

/dscn7184m.jpg
Close up of my YLOD PS3 phat.  I plan on turning it into a lamp someday.

/dscn7188q.jpg
My two PS3 Rock Band guitars.  When RB first came out I was pretty heavy into it.  I never got past HARD, but I had fun trying.  I took the original RB guitar and modified it.  Inside I swapped out the two standard tilt switches and replaced them with mercury switches.  These switches control your Overdrive power.  I also installed an aftermarket strum bar.  It definitely improved my RB abilities, and 'misses' became a thing of the past.  Lastly, for kicks, I installed a 1/4" adapter plug and wired it to the Overdrive inside the guitar.  Then I bought a standard keyboard pedal meant for sustaining notes.  All you have to do is plug the pedal into the guitar and when you want to use Overdrive you just step on the pedal and it fires.  It was great when you're really into the game and don't want to loose focus on the notes racing down by tilting your guitar.  I know, I'm a geek.  It was fun modding everything though. :)

/dscn7201a.jpg
Here's the pedal that fires off Overdrive.

/dscn7206z.jpg
Here are the games.  I've managed to amass about 80 US TurboGrafx-16 hu cards and a couple CD-ROM.  The glass cabinet is from IKEA.  I think I bought it back in '94.  It's meant to be screwed to a wall, but it holds 400 CDs and only has two holes for mounting it.  Even if I hit a stud with both screws I was always afraid it would crash down off the wall.  400 CDs is a crapload of weight and the glass cabinet ain't exactly light either.

/dscn7179x.jpg
Close up of some of my games.

/dscn7178t.jpg
My NES collection consists of 7 games.  9 if you include the two BlueBMW is sending to me.  The 7 games?  Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, SMB3, Gun.Smoke, Xenophobe, Silent Service, Blaster Master and Dragon Warrior.  I can hear everyone saying, "Silent Service?".  Ha!  I promised myself I'd only collect the NES games I enjoyed as a kid.  That way I keep my NES collecting under control.  Yes, I enjoyed Silent Service. 

/dscn7186x.jpg
My beloved TG-CD.  The LED display has a segment that is burnt out.  I've managed to acquire a suitable replacement part, but it is going to take 5-6 weeks to get to me.  After that, I have to figure out how to solder it to the board as the pinout is not the same. :cry:

/dscn7187.jpg
The dual 7-segment display has been removed (top right) you can see the holes where it is supposed to be installed.

Well, long post made even longer... ;)  Hope everyone enjoyed that.  As for my list, well I guess I can cross off number 3;

Step 1: Convince my wife to allow me to takeover the room. [COMPLETED]
Step 2: Convince my wife to let me start collecting my old TG-16 games. [COMPLETED]
Step 3: Empty the crap out of the room and move "my crap" in. [COMPLETED]
Step 4: Renovate the basement (where the room resides), and design it to include a "gaming area". [LONG TERM GOAL]
Step 5: Convince my wife we need a minimum of 1 pinball machine, and 1 cocktail arcade table [PRAY EVERY DAY]

Oh, and special thanks to PunkCryborg for the pro tip about just bringing in things and not telling the wife.  I am now collecting TG and NES!  :lol:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bernie

Dude...if I had a basement... There would be no convincing.  It would be, Hey, Jimilee.  Im going to do this.

TheClash603

Quote from: Bernie on 08/06/2012, 09:24 PMDude...if I had a basement... There would be no convincing.  It would be, Hey, Jimilee.  Im going to do this.
My girlfriend and I make roughly the same amount of money and basically pay for everything 50-50.  Unfortunately that means that I can't say "I am doing this," because she is on equal footing.

Well..  except that she is a woman and all.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 08/06/2012, 09:24 PMDude...if I had a basement... There would be no convincing.  It would be, Hey, Jimilee.  Im going to do this.
It's not my wife that is really holding anything back.  I have two little problems that are impeding my ability to take over the entire basement.  Luckily they are the two cutest little problems you'll ever meet.  Here is the photo I forgot to post.  It's The entrance to my game room.

dscn7180.jpg

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/06/2012, 09:30 PMWell..  except that she is a woman and all.
My wife read your post.  She told me to tell you that she just mentally castrated you.  Don't tell her this, but I laughed at your post.  ;)

tpivette

I not only convinced the wife to let me transform our spare bedroom into a game room, but I managed to get her to agree to letting me "own" 2 other rooms for my hobbies as well!

What once was a spare bedroom is now the gameroom:
IMG
Twin 40" LCD TVs mounted on black glass floating shelf entertainment centers. All Nintendo (NES, SNES mini, N64, GameCube) on the left side, and all NEC (PC-FX, TG16 with CD attachment, PC Engine Duo) on the right. Wicker baskets underneath house extra controllers, cables, etc. Just need some comfy chairs and its all set

Closer shot of the "NEC side":
IMG

Also, I was "allowed" to transform our sunroom into a weight room. This one isnt quite finished as I'm in the process of installing a wall mounted 24" LED TV so the missus can watch while she jogs on our (soon to be purchased) treadmill. Heres a shot of the weightroom as it sits now:
IMG

And finally, my greatest toy and hobby. Ive owned several others during my lifetime, but sold my latest one right before my son was born. After 2.5 years of non-ownership, I decided enough was enough and purchased #4:
IMG

So there you have it... 3 hobbies, 3 rooms. Not too bad. Now I've got my eye on refinishing the basement...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

FiftyQuid

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have more disposable income than I do.  :shock:

tpivette

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/06/2012, 10:32 PMI'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have more disposable income than I do.  :shock:
Nah, I doubt it. I'm just lucky the wife doesnt really have any hobbies of her own that she'd want to indulge in, so the extra funds pretty much are all mine

I'll admit, I've been going a little crazy with the splurging lately. I should probably give it a rest for awhile. Hobbies are addicting, though!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 08/06/2012, 10:45 PMNah, I doubt it. I'm just lucky the wife doesnt really have any hobbies of her own that she'd want to indulge in, so the extra funds pretty much are all mine

I'll admit, I've been going a little crazy with the splurging lately. I should probably give it a rest for awhile. Hobbies are addicting, though!
Whatever you're doing seems to be working for you so I'd just keep doing it. :)  Once my kids are out of daycare I'll try to keep up with the Johnson's tpivette's of the world again.  :wink:

tpivette

Haha, well I think I found your answer... both my and my wife's parents live about 15 - 20 mins away from us. Free daycare whenever we need it! If I had to pay for it, theres no way I could ever have half the stuff I do!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

esteban

Here is the corner of the room where I play some video games.

IMG

As you all know, it is very important to have yorgurt/flan accessible at all times.

My cat likes to hang out with me.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2012, 05:26 AMMy cat likes to hang out with me.
Based on that pic, I'm not convinced he enjoys your company.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 11:34 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2012, 05:26 AMMy cat likes to hang out with me.
Based on that pic, I'm not convinced he enjoys your company.  :P
She pretends she's not interested when I give her attention.

But as soon as I turn my back, she's getting fur in my flan.

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 08:47 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2012, 05:26 AMBob & Doug McKenzie
Excellent listening material, esteban!
A few(?) years ago I saw this for $0.99 at the supermarket! I had to pick it up.

It's all the damn Canucks on this board. I'm turning Canuck.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2012, 12:23 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 08:47 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/07/2012, 05:26 AMBob & Doug McKenzie
Excellent listening material, esteban!
A few(?) years ago I saw this for $0.99 at the supermarket! I had to pick it up.

It's all the damn Canucks on this board. I'm turning Canuck.
What a great find.  It was one of my earliest CD purchases (and thinking back the Turbo CD attachment may have been my first CD player!) so I probably spent nearly $20 on it.  I remember even after getting a CD player, I still bought a lot of tapes because they were so much cheaper than CDs, and I could play them in my car.

♫ "Turning Canuck-ese, I think I'm turning Canuck-ese, I really think so..." ♫

csgx1

Quote from: tpivette on 08/06/2012, 10:28 PMI not only convinced the wife to let me transform our spare bedroom into a game room, but I managed to get her to agree to letting me "own" 2 other rooms for my hobbies as well!

So there you have it... 3 hobbies, 3 rooms. Not too bad. Now I've got my eye on refinishing the basement...
Awesome setup for all three hobbies.  Clean looking C5 you have there.  Nice color, silver is one of my favorite colors. 

You have a very cool and understanding wife.  My wife is not even happy with my games being displayed on a shelf in the spare room.  She wants them hidden away in a closet. :(

VestCunt

Great pictures, Fifty. Very nice, sane, NES collection! Also nice to see Order of the Griffon representing.
Topic Adjourned.

Nando

Quote from: tpivette on 08/06/2012, 10:45 PMI'll admit, I've been going a little crazy with the splurging lately. I should probably give it a rest for awhile. Hobbies are addicting, though!
Maybe buy the wife a lil something something  ;)

Very nice setups overall. Are you gonna mod the Vette any?

NightWolve

Quote from: tpivette on 08/06/2012, 10:28 PMIMG
Ah, I see an expensive brand of Brake Parts Cleaner, the good stuff! Somebody's been doing some brake work I take it, change your brake pads recently or ?

meka

I've seen a torrent for 99% of PCE CD games, comes in at 129GB.

NecroPhile

Quote from: meka on 08/08/2012, 01:24 PMI've seen a torrent for 99% of PCE CD games, comes in at 129GB.
Uh..... okay.

meka

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2012, 01:25 PMgrab.by/dVNc
I was referring to where he probably got those pc engine games.

FiftyQuid

That conversation happened 20 pages ago.  :lol:

NecroPhile

You can download roms off the internet?  When did this happen?!?  :shock:

Nando

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2012, 03:14 PMYou can download roms off the internet?  When did this happen?!?  :shock:
don't bother, the guvment shut it down.  Pewter 2 Pewter transfer only nowz.

tpivette

QuoteMaybe buy the wife a lil something something  ;)
Oh, I do... just a few weeks ago, she really wanted a Kindle Fire. So that night she ordered one online. Last week she decided she wanted her hair dyed blonde, so she made an appointment at the hairdresser that weekend. I can't complain after all, as I just purchased a PC-FX lot and a 2nd TV for my game room. It works both ways.
QuoteVery nice setups overall. Are you gonna mod the Vette any?
Eventually. I'm going to wait til the dragstrips close for the season before I begin throwing parts at it. Right now alls it has is a Borla X-pipe, which I doubt adds much in the power department (maybe 5hp TOPS). I just installed it for a more throatier sound compared to the stock H-pipe. I want to get a good baseline, and I'll have to wait a few months for the cooler, denser air come late Oct - early Dec to truly find the cars max performance (so far, its gone 12.9 at 110mph in the 85+ degree summer heat). After that, I'll probably do the usual boltons... Vararam, LS6 intake, ported TB, short throw shifter, XS Power LTs, and a Z06 Ti catback. Until then, though, I can focus more time/money on the NEC stuff!

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/08/2012, 10:49 AMAh, I see an expensive brand of Brake Parts Cleaner, the good stuff! Somebody's been doing some brake work I take it, change your brake pads recently or ?
Not on the Vette, but on my 98' Camaro Z28 I just swapped to PowerStop ceramic pads and drilled/slotted rotors at all 4 corners. I always use the green can CRC brakekleen... its awesome stuff! Heres a few photos of the car/install:

IMG
IMG
IMG

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Tatsujin

Lol, you are keeping two big expensive cars alive, but when it comes to a 200 buck game, you cant afford it? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

tpivette

Its, not that I can't afford it... but the wife just can't see paying that much for a video game. I kinda agree with her on that idea, too. Some games are just valued/priced in a range where I just don't think its worth it to shell out that kind of money, when other games are availible that are much cheaper and almost as fun. I mean, come on... Zenki costs as much as I paid for my entire PC-FX system plus 23 games! Maybe one day I'll have Zenki and Zeroigar, but probably not til I've sampled all the other, cheaper titles first.

BTW, Camaros are pretty cheap  :wink:

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Tatsujin

yeah, but your PC-FX haul also was an ubersteal, and doesn't count as a general reference :)

and who the hell needs two fast cars in one household? ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

tpivette

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/08/2012, 08:41 PMand who the hell needs two fast cars in one household? ;)
Haha, its all relative to the person who owns them. Its like someone whos not into video games coming into your gameroom and saying "who the hell needs that many NEC systems?"

In all honesty, though, the Camaro is currently for sale. It's what I had before buying the Vette and just stuck around a little longer than I planned

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

roflmao

Well I spent a good portion of today reorganizing my living room setup so I thought I'd show a couple pics:

IMG
IMG

I've always noticed a slight lag in my 8 and 16-bit consoles and realized if run them through the TV *then* to the receiver, the lag disappears.  Granted, I don't get the nice up-scaling the receiver provides, but I sit so far back it really doesn't make any difference.

Still, a lot of my obeying is done in my bedroom on a 27" JVC Tube TV, but it's nice to be able to finally play while sitting on my couch and listening though a decent sound system. :)

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2012, 01:14 AMWell I spent a good portion of today reorganizing my living room setup so I thought I'd show a couple pics:

IMG
IMG

I've always noticed a slight lag in my 8 and 16-bit consoles and realized if run them through the TV *then* to the receiver, the lag disappears.  Granted, I don't get the nice up-scaling the receiver provides, but I sit so far back it really doesn't make any difference.

Still, a lot of my obeying is done in my bedroom on a 27" JVC Tube TV, but it's nice to be able to finally play while sitting on my couch and listening though a decent sound system. :)
Looks nice and not too cluttered.  Not like mine, but I'm working on it...

Nando

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2012, 01:14 AMIMG
those upright cabinets at the ends are cool, where did you get those?

reno5

I curently have 2 game rooms. 1 is in my office (16 x 12 room) with all my "old school" system from NES to Saturn. All this on a 23 inch LED HD-TV.

The other one is my home theater one with PSX, PS2, X360 and Wii. A 22 x 12 room in the baseman with a 50 inch plasma TV.

Having no wife make's it easy to use all the spare room i want :) and being only 2 in a 3300 sqft house, it is easy to find some :). Only thing stopping me is the $$$. Need to keep some for other hobby like my 2004 BMW 325 CL convertible + SMG and Sport Package.

tggodfrey

Quote from: tpivette on 08/08/2012, 08:52 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/08/2012, 08:41 PMand who the hell needs two fast cars in one household? ;)
Haha, its all relative to the person who owns them. Its like someone whos not into video games coming into your gameroom and saying "who the hell needs that many NEC systems?"

In all honesty, though, the Camaro is currently for sale. It's what I had before buying the Vette and just stuck around a little longer than I planned
Pot meet Kettle.

A man who only loves 2 sports cars just hasnt experienced the love of three!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

roflmao

Quote from: Nando on 09/04/2012, 11:26 AMthose upright cabinets at the ends are cool, where did you get those?
I think those came from an Ikea in San Diego circa 2003 or so...  Same as the entertainment center.  There used to be a glass door on the front that would slide from end to end, but I took it off. I think it looks better without, it's easier to access everything, and probably allows for slightly better air circulation.   :)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2012, 01:14 AMWell I spent a good portion of today reorganizing my living room setup so I thought I'd show a couple pics:
IMG
I have owned 3 of that RCA LD player. It's actually a Pioneer rebadge. Good solid player overall.

roflmao

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/08/2012, 12:11 AMI have owned 3 of that RCA LD player. It's actually a Pioneer rebadge. Good solid player overall.
It's the only one I've ever owned that plays both sides of a disc.  That's so convenient.  I've owned it 5+ years and it's been a champ.  I didn't know it was related to Pioneer.  Cool.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2012, 11:04 PM
Quote from: Nando on 09/04/2012, 11:26 AMthose upright cabinets at the ends are cool, where did you get those?
I think those came from an Ikea in San Diego circa 2003 or so...  Same as the entertainment center.  There used to be a glass door on the front that would slide from end to end, but I took it off. I think it looks better without, it's easier to access everything, and probably allows for slightly better air circulation.   :)
Gonna have to swing by my local Ikea and see what they have now. It looks SO CLEAN! :)

KnightWarrior

QuoteIMG
I bought that also at Ikea, I have to fix my systems in there

roflmao

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 09/12/2012, 02:01 PM
QuoteIMG
I bought that also at Ikea, I have to fix my systems in there
The one thing I didn't like about the entertainment center was that there was only one small hole in each column to route wires through.  If you look closely at the back, behind the consoles you can see I cut/tore big holes in the back to allow for easier wire routing and better air flow. That Onkyo receiver can really crank out the heat!

Sadler

I've uploaded a couple pics recently for chat, so why not share them here. :D

tinypic.com/xodxz6.jpg
tinypic.com/6503t2.jpg

tpivette

Are you guys making copies of the english Ys 4 to distribute?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 10/19/2012, 08:06 PMAre you guys making copies of the english Ys 4 to distribute?
I was just going to ask the same thing.

Sadler, your 'show wall' is starting to remind me of my days working at Radio Scrap.  :)

Bardoly

Quote from: Sadler on 10/19/2012, 07:28 PMI've uploaded a couple pics recently for chat, so why not share them here. :D
tinypic.com/6503t2.jpg
Nice!

For your boxes, have you ever considered putting them in Keep 'Em Minty boxes?
I bought a few of them, and I really like them.

DildoKKKobold

IMG

Three different versions of one of my favorite games.

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sadler

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/19/2012, 08:50 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 10/19/2012, 08:06 PMAre you guys making copies of the english Ys 4 to distribute?
I was just going to ask the same thing.
Honestly, I struggle with the answer to that. I really want to help people out, but I don't want to get roped into doing this regularly. It takes a long time to make each one and I'm not terribly good at it. :) I guess I'm trying to say I'm a lazy jerk. I've been trying to get something going with another forum member who is very good at making manuals and inserts (*cough*Sparky*cough*), so hopefully those will be available at some point in the future. :D

tpivette

Hell, I already have a Sparky english manual and insert for the game... I would just need the disc. I suck at burning images and patches (tried with Pia Carrot for the PC-FX and failed at many attempts). Had to ultimately have a forum member burn and send me a copy.

Let me know if you could do a disc only (crosses fingers)

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2012, 10:02 PMIMG
Three different versions of one of my favorite games.
Very nice!  I have the first 2, and I'm getting Crystal Beans loose in the mail in a week or two.  I really wanted a boxed copy with the manual, but when I saw a loose copy with 2 other decent SFC games for 18 shipped, I couldn't pass it up, since boxed with manual seems to be running $30+.

Bernie

I really love this thread.  :)
/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.16.23.jpg
/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.16.46.jpg
/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.17.03.jpg
/Turbo/2012-10-15%2016.14.00.jpg
/Turbo/2012-10-09%2012.15.15.jpg

That shelf, I've posted before.  I had a buddy of mine build it for me out of solid maple wood.  He is a cabinet builder, and made it without nails or anything.  Some cut where all the joints kinda snap into position.   :?: :?:  Anyway, he will have to build another one soon..