10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Masterpiece Soundwave & Metrolplex!

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 02/17/2013, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

While there were no pictures shown, apparently Hasbro confirmed Soundwave is coming to the US packed with all 5 of the cassettes shown thus far(Buzzsaw, Lazerbeark, Rumble, Frenzy, & Ravage).  No price or release date was given.  Makes me wonder though if Takara/Tomy will make more of the cassetticons, at the very least, make Ratbat, Sludgefest, & Overkill, as they were all in the original show.  But I'd love it if they also did Masterpiece versions of Squawktalk & Beastbox, & I think there might've been a couple of Jp only cassettes as well.

They also announce Masterpiece Acid Storm.  Seems a little wierd, you'd think they'd release a Masterpiece Sunstorm before Acid Storm...unless I missed him.  Honestly, if I had to have more of the seekers, I'd rather have Dirge, Ramjet, & Thrust!  

Some of you guys aren't into the season 3 G1 characters, but, there's some of them coming, most notably Metrolplex(some sites called it Masterpiece Metroplex).  

IMG
IMG
He's 24" tall(making him 2" taller then Fort Max!), & lights up with bells n' whistles n' stuff.

Also coming is Generations/Classics Springer & Blitzwing!

IMG
IMG
IMG

IMG
IMG
IMG
There's also a rumor of a Generations/Classics Sandstorm.
IMG

SignOfZeta

That Metroplex doesn't really seem to be keeping with the "Masterpiece" tradition, but then again neither is the new Convoy, really.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Metroplex doesn't look like he transforms into anything, instead he just does the splits. I don't know what a Convoy is but I disapprove because I feel it is probably an overseas name for a toy I grew up with and, well, screw that.

tpivette

How hard is it to come by these "Masterpiece" edition Transformers? Soundwave was my first Transformers toy as a kid, and I'd love to pick up this version.

Thought this picture was pretty funny

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

ParanoiaDragon

The Masterpiece's vary.  I see MP Thundercrackers everywhere, but the more recent MP Prime..if you saw him, you were lucky!  I'm surprised they didn't do another run of that Prime.  As for Metroplex, I think he's supposed to be a part of the Fall of Cybertron game line, so I guess he's not technically an MP, but he looks 99% accurate to G1 Metroplex.  Oh, & he'll be coming with a legends scale Scamper, though, I don't think he comes with Sixgun or Slammer unfortunately.
IMG

Duo_R

nice Soundwave coming to US? I took a gamble and passed on importing him since it was too pricey. That is great news!

Agree on metroplex, doesn't look like he really transforms into anything. Springer is awesome!!!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

soop

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/17/2013, 11:55 PMnice Soundwave coming to US? I took a gamble and passed on importing him since it was too pricey. That is great news!

Agree on metroplex, doesn't look like he really transforms into anything. Springer is awesome!!!
Metroplex was rather a disappointing toy, it must be said...
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

ParanoiaDragon

Maybe I'm just biased on Metroplex, since I had him as a kid, & still have him.  He & Scorpanok were the 2 BIG TF's I had BITD. Never got Trypticon, Fort Max, or Omega Supreme, though, I do have Omega Supreme now, pretty good condition, but lacking all the stickers.  And I do technically have Fort Max now, but it's the Korean version of the Robots in Disguise line, so his colors are different & is lacking some accessories n' there might be another bot that came with the G1 version.
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/17/2013, 05:14 PMbut he looks 99% accurate to G1 Metroplex.
I really cant agree with this. He looks a tad scrawny. It's great they made him so huge and packed so many details in, but the actual look just is not there for me. In it's defense though, this is this generations Metroplex, not mine.

SignOfZeta

I'm a big fan of Metropex, always have been. I have an original with its box and the only thing it's missing is the gun for the little black dude. 

This design is fundamentally the same but very vertically stretched. Aside from just looking too scrawny (like most modern robots in general) it also makes his transformations look less like actual transformations. The original transformed in the same way, but since he was so blocky it wasn't as lame. This guy...kind of lame.

It kind I looks like they had a finished designed but stretched it on purpose just to hit the magic 2' number and didn't make him any wider because that would add more plastic. Either way, I don't really want to spend the money or devote the space to this monster, which is fine because he's not that cool. I'd rather just have an affordable Metrotitan reissue.
IMG

soop

springer looks flipping cool btw
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Corredor X

I think Metroplex looks nice, but it does really look like that the original design got elongated... Reminded me of the SDF-1 a little  :mrgreen:

ParanoiaDragon

I guess this is what he looks like in Fall of Cybertron, of which I haven't played thru yet:
IMG

In G1, he was a lil' more enlongated in the cartoon compared to the toy, though, alot of that probably changes from scene to scene:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

A pic from the recent comics, hard to tell how blocky he is in that position:
IMG

Original:
IMG

New:
IMG

Oh, & here's a better description of him:
The centerpiece of Hasbro's 'Thrilling 30' anniversary campaign, Metroplex stands 24 inches tall in robot mode, snatching the title of "tallest Transformers toy ever produced" from the original Fortress Maximus toy by a two inch margin. His packaging is a wonderful testament to this fact, sporting numerous "Over 2 ft. tall!" call-outs, a measuring scale down its edge, and the statement of "BIGGEST EVER!" in huge letters. Like his original incarnation, he can assume rolling battle station and city alternate modes, and he is scaled to interact with any Legends Class and Cyberverse sized toys, such as the Scamper figure packaged with him. Additionally, the concurrently released Generations Legends class two-packs are specifically intended to work nicely with him. He boasts voice clips and lights, including light-up pupils which can be 'posed' to look in different directions, a flip-down visor to emulate his 80s cartoon appearance, and has the many ramps, repair bays, and launch pads one would expect of a city-bot.
IMG

turbokon

All looks awesome!! I would definently get soundwaves, springer & blitzwing for sure. Metroplex is going to be pricey.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

GohanX

TR0N

Hmm looks like the master piece metroplex went on a diet compared to the G1 version.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

Here's a pic of Soundwave with all the cassettes.  Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm going to assume that Hasbro is going to include the pile drivers that come with the Jp versions of Rumble & Frenzy!

IMG
IMG

MrFlutterPie

I have the MP Soundwave and it is awesome!  I also have the cassettes on order.  I feel bad though hearing there will be a Hasbro release that comes with all the cassettes at half the cost I paid.

But then again I never saw MP Prime at TRU despite hunting hard for it so maybe it wasn't a bad idea.

Time will tell.

SignOfZeta

No kidding. While these things are *technically* sold in the US they are way easier to find as imports and sometimes the JP versions are better.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Offical pics of Soundwave & the gang are up, unfortunately, they're on FB, which is why I have an account for just such an occasion as some pics you can't see unless you have an account. :P

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.613287492030363.1073741826.166004856758631&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.613287492030363.1073741826.166004856758631&type=3

Looks like Frenzy & Rumble are keeping they're pistons or whatever you want to call them.  There's also pics of Acid Storm.

You can find them on Tformers as well http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=600&album=19606&start=0&sl=transformers-masterpiece-soundwave-and-acid
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

Duo_R

Sold out online within like 30 mins early this AM

turbokon

Damn Hasbro, why did they only made it tru exclusive.

www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

I was up playing Uncharted 3 for a while, so every now & then I'd get up & refresh the search for Soundwave at Tru.com.  I finally got too tired to stay up, so turned off the game, & checked one last time, & yowza, there it was!  I managed to snag him about 5 minutes before the orders went down!  The girl I talked to yesterday at my nearest Tru, said they probably won't have any for a few weeks, but, I'm not buying that. 

Theyre supposed to be limited to one per customer, to cut down on scalpers.  Though, I don't know if that'll stop someone from coming in with a Sombrero, & fake nose & glasses & mustache & buying another!  I actually thought about doing that as a joke since they kind of know me there.  *in a ridiculously fake voice* Yes, I would like to purchase a Soundwave Transformer.  Per chance, might you have any in stock? :D
IMG

Nando

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/18/2013, 01:05 PMI was up playing Uncharted 3 for a while, so every now & then I'd get up & refresh the search for Soundwave at Tru.com.  I finally got too tired to stay up, so turned off the game, & checked one last time, & yowza, there it was!  I managed to snag him about 5 minutes before the orders went down!  The girl I talked to yesterday at my nearest Tru, said they probably won't have any for a few weeks, but, I'm not buying that. 

Theyre supposed to be limited to one per customer, to cut down on scalpers.  Though, I don't know if that'll stop someone from coming in with a Sombrero, & fake nose & glasses & mustache & buying another!  I actually thought about doing that as a joke since they kind of know me there.  *in a ridiculously fake voice* Yes, I would like to purchase a Soundwave Transformer.  Per chance, might you have any in stock? :D
THI!!! DO EEET

and film it! lol, so how is the actual sculpt of the whole thing? Does it measure up?

That's like the ideal toy that all of us hand in our heads when we were little.

NecroPhile

Heh, can you speak like Soundwave?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2013, 01:14 PMHeh, can you speak like Soundwave?
Haha, yeah right!  Soundwave was done by Frank Welker.  It's basically the Dr. Claw voice with a sound effect added to it(I forget the name of the effect).  I couldn't come close to doing his voice.

As for the Soundwave figure, I don't have him yet, he should ship soon, so maybe I'll have him arrive early next week I hope!
IMG

psychobear

I'm on the fence on buying some of these, I know that eventually my 6 year old will destroy them if I do

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: psychobear on 07/19/2013, 06:44 AMI'm on the fence on buying some of these, I know that eventually my 6 year old will destroy them if I do
That's why you should lock the toys up in the basement, shrinkwrapped & encased in jello, which is encased in carbonite, never to see the light of day!  That's the best way to enjoy these! :D
IMG

Duo_R

Got a shipment notification for this and MP Acid Storm. I didnt originally plan to get Acid Storm but ordered last second.

Mishran

Dammit i forgot about this! And i missed out on it. Shit. :cry:

Duo_R

Dont feel bad there was a 30 minute window at 3AM PST. I just happened to luck out with insomnia that night and struck gold.

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

I got my shipping notice.  I'm still thinking of getting one instore as well, just to hold onto MIB.
IMG

Duo_R

Yeah same here, need one minty in box