OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

WINNER for RAFFLE: PS2 Shadow of the Colossus BRAND NEW

Started by bob, 03/13/2013, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

I have a sealed PS2 Shadow of the Colossus (GH version) to give away.  Just post that you want in.
Only shipping to USA.  No other conditions.

Will draw a winner on Wednesday, 3/20

ENTERED:
Joe
Bernie
esteban
roflmao
tggodfrey
Mishran
BigusSchmuck

Joe Redifer

Bernie

esteban

I will gladly play this game when I win it. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Mishran

I've never played it, but heard great things about it. I'm in!

BigusSchmuck

bob

List Randomizer

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
1.BigusSchmuck
2.Joe
3.Mishran
4.tggodfrey
5.Bernie
6.roflmao
7.esteban

BigusSchmuck

majors

For those that did not win, I've seen GH copies of SoC selling for $5 at Five Below.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Hey, that was very awesome of you, Galam!

As you may have noticed in my sig still, "Shadow of the Colossus" is one of the best games I ever played for the PS2! Congrats Bigus, you're in for a treat! The final boss battle is quite a marvel to behold!! THAT is a friggin' battle and awesome at that... I won't spoil it, but I don't appreciate what happens right before you finally make it to the end, but it was a good little bit of drama in the plot.

IMG

Interesting thing, the reason I finally took the time to play and beat this game is because I saw Adam Sandler's 9/11 movie, "Reign Over Me." In it, he plays a widower that lost his family in the 9/11 attacks and was paid out a million dollars by the government. He's pretty much become withdrawn, a recluse or whatever, and long story short, he's a big videogame fan and there are a few scenes of him playing "Shadow of the Colossus." He even manages to get his friend hooked on the game later on who initially says, "I don't have an addictive personality so gaming's not my thing" or something to that effect when he first sees him playing it. ;)

EDIT: Hm, I found some cool trivia on it just now.
Quote from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490204/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trvThe video game that Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle play is Shadow of the Colossus (Shadow of the Colossus). It's a game about a man who slays colossi in an attempt to bring a woman back to life. Early scripts had Sandler play a simple, 1980s-style game, until editor Jeremy Roush recalled that his own father watched the movie Aliens obsessively as a "thinly veiled kind of Vietnam veteran kind of story". Seeing the imagery of the colossi falling, he realized "someone who was dealing with 9/11 would be engrossed by a giant that keeps collapsing over and over again," so he demonstrated it to the director and actors. With the approval of the game's director Fumito Ueda, it was included in the movie.
[Spoiler Alert Somewhat]

That was pretty smart. When the game starts, you meet a demon that makes a deal with you, that if you defeat all of the colossi giants, he will resurrect the dead woman that you brought to him... Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it ?? Well... But anyhow, connecting this particular game to Adam Sandler's character was complimentary in a way. He lost his wife and kids, so that's a deal he can sure emphasize with!! I dunno about the editor's take, about the giants collapsing over and over and connecting it that way to the WTC buildings coming down, but it's interesting.

bob

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/20/2013, 11:03 PMHey, that was very awesome of you, Galam!

As you may have noticed in my sig still, "Shadow of the Colossus" is one of the best games I ever played for the PS2! Congrats Bigus, you're in for a treat! The final boss battle is quite a marvel to behold!! THAT is a friggin' battle and awesome at that... I won't spoil it, but I don't appreciate what happens right before you finally make it to the end, but it was a good little bit of drama in the plot.

Interesting thing, the reason I finally took the time to play and beat this game is because I saw Adam Sandler's 9/11 movie, "Reign Over Me." In it, he plays a widower that lost his family in the 9/11 attacks and was paid out a million dollars by the government. He's pretty much become withdrawn, a recluse or whatever, and long story short, he's a big videogame fan and there are a few scenes of him playing "Shadow of the Colossus." He even manages to get his friend hooked on the game later on who initially says, "I don't have an addictive personality so gaming's not my thing" or something to that effect when he first sees him playing it. ;)

EDIT: Hm, I found some cool trivia on it just now.
Quote from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490204/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trvThe video game that Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle play is Shadow of the Colossus (Shadow of the Colossus). It's a game about a man who slays colossi in an attempt to bring a woman back to life. Early scripts had Sandler play a simple, 1980s-style game, until editor Jeremy Roush recalled that his own father watched the movie Aliens obsessively as a "thinly veiled kind of Vietnam veteran kind of story". Seeing the imagery of the colossi falling, he realized "someone who was dealing with 9/11 would be engrossed by a giant that keeps collapsing over and over again," so he demonstrated it to the director and actors. With the approval of the game's director Fumito Ueda, it was included in the movie.
[Spoiler Alert Somewhat]

That's was pretty smart. When the game starts, you meet a demon that makes a deal with you, that if you defeat all of the colossi giants, he will resurrect the dead woman that you brought to him... Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it ?? Well... But anyhow, connecting this particular game to Adam Sandler's character was complimentary in a way. He lost his wife and kids, so that's a deal he can sure emphasize with!! I dunno about the editor's take, about the giants collapsing over and over and connecting it that way to the WTC buildings coming down, but it's interesting.
I never knew any of this. Good background. I always likened it to adventure of link. Where you start out with the princess sleeping and the game keeps returning you to this spot...where the princess is sleeping.

BigusSchmuck

Hey I got it in the mail yesterday, thanks again!

bob

cool, feel free to western union the payment anytime.