People will buy fucking anything

Started by VestCunt, 05/24/2013, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Slightly thinner tablets, slight improvements in smart phones, every new game console, every stupid edition of Dungeons and Dragons, slightly newer cars, dumb plastic sportbikes, dumb shiny Harleys, endless Adobe and Pro Tools upgrades, every new aspect ratio and every new media, bicycle accessories, yoga accessories, jogging accessories... whatever it is, people line up and buy every piece of crap that comes down the line. Get a life, sheeple. Use what you have.
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: VestCunt on 05/24/2013, 05:41 PMSlightly thinner bodies, slight improvements in tan, every new tit job, every stupid version of Vitamin C and Vitamin D, slightly newer diet pills, dumb plastic surgeries, dumb shiny hair weaves, endless tit and ass upgrades, every new liposuction method and every new extreme exercise program, bicycle accessories, yoga accessories, jogging accessories... whatever it is, people line up and buy every piece of crap that comes down the line on a 4AM morning paid for program. Get a life, go back to bed.
Fixed.

Tatsujin

I mostly use old stuff in my lyfe :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

I think you're preaching to the choir, Brother!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

BigusSchmuck

Can't be any worse than someone paying almost $300 for a Laserdisc player with 88 movies.

Joe Redifer

People just like buying things. Some people buy the latest new shit. We here tend to buy the old shit. But we still buy lots of shit, or at least a lot of us do. What good is making money if you can't spend it on items you absolutely do not in any way need?

PCEngineHell

VestCunt

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/27/2013, 07:33 PMPeople just like buying things.
And it's fucking stupid. No one needs a pedometer and Adidas shorts to exercise. And these fucking ape-hangers on motorcycles are retarded. And your computer is an over-priced, planned obsolescence.

As for video gamers, we're all consumer dorks, but there's a difference between rational, enlightened gamers of exceptional intelligence and discriminating taste (me) who've been into the exact same shit for twenty years and the human waste lemming foodbags of puke that buy every piece of proprietary molded plastic, living-room spyware that Sony and Microsoft crap out.

=; =; =; TOPIC Adjourned, losers! =; =; =;
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

I just buy old crap. I try to find a good deal on the crap I buy so I guess I don't lose money if I ever sell stuff but I just keep it all or give it away when I loose interest. I can never buy like new game systems I always feel like I just threw away all that money.

PikachuWarrior

It tends to be the older crowd who grumbles at those who "have to buy the newest iteration of a device for small improvements". Nothing wrong with that. There's a reason why Apple is so successful. People want the latest and greatest even if they have to essentially buy a new device every calendar year.
IMG

HercTNT

i have the opposite problem, i usually buy what was top of the line last year, then mod the hell out of it to get it to do what the new stuff does. It often does not go my way LOL.

Tatsujin

Quote from: HercTNT on 05/28/2013, 01:01 AMi have the opposite problem, i usually buy what was top of the line last year, then mod the hell out of it to get it to do what the new stuff does. It often does not go my way LOL.
Some examples PLZ :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

HercTNT

Ha!  Mostly, its computer hardware. I will buy a vid card or cpu and overclock them to achieve higher performance at a lesser cost. that almost always works out great. I bought a portable game system a few years ago i tried to mod to make it do more and wound up putting my thumb through the lcd data cable. I could not leave it alone and broke it trying to do to much. its one of a few systems i have had that happen to. you would think i would learn  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

Ohlol. How do you mod portable systems to make it better?
not speaking about bios hacking for playing roms or such :)

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

I got first dibs on this rat shack exquisite palace by the river of trash never ending flow of crystal clear heaven. If you guys are lucky I may time share it with some of the lucky few that put me on your ignore list friendship squad.

IMG

tggodfrey

I will give up the ape hangers when someone removes every piece fo shit Japaneese crotch rocket from the road (sterilize their riders too).  You want a sport bike, go buy an european.  Cant afford it, then you cant ride.

On a more positive note, I just bought some vacation land in the everglades for cheap!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

HercTNT

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/28/2013, 03:12 AMOhlol. How do you mod portable systems to make it better?
not speaking about bios hacking for playing roms or such :)
In my case, the answer would be, you don't! You just dick with the damn thing till it blows up!! but some things can be done with portables. Larger battery, better speakers, improved rubber for the d-pad, overclock if possible to run games it would otherwise not play. I have a Dingoo a320 from 4 years ago that decked out. things pretty amazing.
To keep in line though with the topic. The reason i do that stuff is i try very hard not to constantly buy the latest greatest thing. I buy stuff then try to improve it over the years so that i don't need to get another. I'm really with VestCunt on this one as i have a close friend that does the very thing he is bitching about and its annoying as hell. guy spends countless amount of money on shit he barley uses, then sells and buys another just months later. If i had the kinda money he wastes my turbo collection would be complete :)

Joe Redifer

Quote from: VestCunt on 05/27/2013, 11:49 PMAnd your computer is an over-priced, planned obsolescence.
Hey man, my computer is from 2006! I'll keep using it until I have to upgrade.

VestCunt

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/28/2013, 03:37 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 05/27/2013, 11:49 PMAnd your computer is an over-priced, planned obsolescence.
Hey man, my computer is from 2006! I'll keep using it until I have to upgrade.
That's cool. This thread is half rant, half bluster. ;)
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

About the only modern stuff I focus on is pc related mainly (which I upgrade every 1 to 2 years), and my lcd. I'm not the type that will toss out a new tv every two years in order to buy a larger one or anything like that (I still have my original APEX crt from 2k3), and I only have one cell phone for my own personal use, and its a bare bones cell with no camera, etc and I barely use it unless I need to because I get rather annoyed being on the damn thing after more then a few mins. Our society has become one of trends and wants and the constant disposal of what others in poorer countries would consider usually unobtainable luxury items. It's pretty sad in general, and it will only get worse as this "me me me" generation of brats who feel entitled, earn nothing, and take everything for granted becomes more dominate in society.

Tatsujin

My laptop is from 2004. Good ol' IBM thinkpad quality.

VestCunt

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/28/2013, 10:41 PMIt's pretty sad in general, and it will only get worse as this "me me me" generation of brats who feel entitled, earn nothing, and take everything for granted becomes more dominate in society.
C'mon, you OWE it to yourself to buy an iPad!
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/28/2013, 10:54 PMMy laptop is from 2004. Good ol' IBM thinkpad quality.
Not bad. What OS are you running?
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: VestCunt on 05/29/2013, 12:53 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/28/2013, 10:41 PMIt's pretty sad in general, and it will only get worse as this "me me me" generation of brats who feel entitled, earn nothing, and take everything for granted becomes more dominate in society.
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/28/2013, 10:54 PMMy laptop is from 2004. Good ol' IBM thinkpad quality.
I dont even have a mini mp3 player. Fuck, I dont even have a discman lol.

HercTNT

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/29/2013, 01:00 AM
Quote from: VestCunt on 05/29/2013, 12:53 AM
I dont even have a mini mp3 player. Fuck, I dont even have a discman lol.
no shit right, i think my wifes vibrator runs on windows 3.11 hence the lack of excitment :)

PCEngineHell

RoyVegas

Never been a fan of buying the newest electronics.  My sister likes to upgrade her stuff often though, so I just borrow her old stuff (which is still new). Why buy it when I can borrow her old one that sits in a drawer?  Don't tell her I said that though.  :twisted:
All is well. :)

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Bernie

Not a damn thing wrong with buying a Harley.  :). IMO, they look and certainly sound better than the alternative. 

Jabberwok

I live on a country backroad that is listed by the government as (hard to explain) let's call it a 'sightseeing tour' road where you can see pretty stuff all over. In the summer when they all get their bikes out, can you guess which ones I want to trow nails in front of their bikes? I mean when the muffler's sound is so loud & we feel it piercing our chests while inside the house, well... Now a stock Harley isn't so bad, I just hate the ones that modify theirs so they make more noise. So they have an inferiority complex? Good for them BUT they should stop "saying it out loud"

In short, if anyone of you have such a bike AND you modded the exhaust pipe [-X ... I officially hate you now  :-({|=
 :-"

bob

The noise saves lives on highways.

Bernie

Jabberwok

Not for possessing a Harley or any kind of bike BUT Modifying the exhaust pipe so that it makes more noise... Then again by myself I can't do much but say to those same people to trade places with the residents they pester... Over here there are laws about noise levels on a bike but nothing against the shops that performs such mods... go figure...  :lol:

VestCunt

Harley's: slow, overpriced, oil-leaking fashion accessories for guys who don't know how to ride and too dumb to wear a helmet.
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

tggodfrey

Quote from: VestCunt on 08/19/2013, 03:43 AMHarley's: slow, overpriced, oil-leaking fashion accessories for guys who don't know how to ride and too dumb to wear a helmet.
Excuse me?  This would be like someone saying all video game nerds live in their parents basement.....douche.
Games currently in play:

VestCunt

Harley dealership: 50 people buying Zippos and jackets, one looking at the bikes.
Motorcyclists most likely to ignore a wave or a fellow rider in need: Harley riders.
Motorcyclists most likely not wear a helmet on the highway: Harley riders.
Motorcyclists most likely to do stupid shit like ride side-by-side instead of staggered formation: Harley riders.
Fattest motorcyclists: Harley riders.
Motorcyclists most likely to sacrifice control and safety for ridiculous ape-hangers...

You get the idea.
Topic Adjourned.

tggodfrey

I see more crotch rockets doing stupid shit like riding between cars and riding side by side, wheelies on the road, standing up on the bike, the list goes on forever.  Personally I love it when they do it because eventually they will end up dead and the world will be rid of another idiot.  

Its True, many harley riders will not wave to japanese bikes, I rarely do and I will not attempt to improve that.  
Fattest....this is relevant how?  America in general is considered obese. 
Ape Hangers still have control maybe dimished but they still control better than most rockets above 30MPH.

If motorists such as yourself who are responsible for merging into motorcycles (or any small vehicle) could learn to check a blind spot, we would not be putting drag pipes on our bikes.  Rockets find plenty of ways to make their japanese shitboxes sound more and more like a weedwacker as well.  Thats fine, that is the exhaust tone that that engine design produces, to each their own.  I personally hate them based on years of building modifying and racing them.  They are built cheap and have very poor longevity.  

As for helmets?  Oh please.  Wearing shorts and t-shirt on your crotchrocket is better?  I see plenty of rockets with one of the riders not wearing a helmet.  Again, your personal protection is your choice.  This is as good as a seat belt law arguement; But I bet your perfect on that one?

Before you make the claim that my opinions are one sided, I have owned japenese bikes since I was 7, 11 years of riding motorcross, first street bike was a 99 R-6, from there on out I have chosen Harley based on engine and chassis design.  Japanese make no attempts to make a bike last, quality in engineering is just plain garbage.  Every time I bring either of my harleys out some worthless idiot trys to merge into me or pull out in front of me.  Your damn right a bike needs to be loud, any bike.  If you dont liek it, move to the cornfields of Nebraska.  You can get fat riding your couch playing video games with the helmet you wore riding a short bus.

Your arguements are only fueled by your own ignorance to motorcycles.

My cousin died on a rocket after coming off a light like every other typical idiot who has to show how fast his weedwacker is.  Typical SUV driver pulled right in front of him with no respect to oncoming traffic, based on the impact damage the bikes speed was 35-40 at impact.  I looked the guy right in the face as I arrived on scene to tow both vehicles, you can imagine my shock to see the  the driver info on the recovery reports.  My cousin died choking on his own blood while his friends watched becuase some schmuck wanted to get into the William Tell restruant in a hurry.  Doctors and everyone else with any sort of opinion agreed a helmet would have only left him alive and a paralyzed shell of a person.  I will choose death without a helmet, that is my choice as it is every other rider.  You or anyone else has no authority to judge that decision.  He made a decision and he knew what he got into the day he got on a bike, that was his choice as it is everyone elses.  Dont lecture me on safety, if safety was a concern we would all be walking.
Games currently in play:

NecroPhile

Helmet laws are no different than auto safety regulations (seat belts, abs, crash protection, stability control, etc.) in that they have a proven track record of improving safety.  If you don't like it, move to some third world shit hole where nobody else will end up footing the bill after a wreck.

Statistics prove that loud pipes do not make safer bikes.  It's fact that most dangers are ahead of the bike and the racket is heading in the opposite direction, plus careless drivers can't be bothered to look OR listen anyway.

Your arguements are only fueled by your own love of motorcycles Harleys.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: tggodfrey on 08/29/2013, 07:52 AMDont lecture me on safety, if safety was a concern we would all be walking.
Walking isn't safe either.
Now this is safety!

IMG
All is well. :)

wildfruit

i'm still on windows xp
i have a nokia 100 on the lowest contract possible
i wont be getting  a ps4 or xbox one
live frugal!

esteban

Ha! Glad somebody (Roy?) linked to this thread...

I am frugal, but, sadly, it is NOT always by choice. I would LOVE newer electronics, but sadly I'm at:

OSX 10.3.9 on a 9-10 year old laptop (I think it was the last or next-to-last PowerBook G4 to have PowerPC). I love this bastard, it's my workhorse, but the web experience is lame these days (years!).

Windows XP on ancient 10+ year old desktop (this, ha!, is a recent upgrade from my old desktop that died on me a year ago).

Honda Civic CX '96 hatchback

iPhone 4 Verizon

iPad 2

Plasma TV from 2006 (fantastic Panasonic)

2 CRT's, along with all of my audio gear, stereo components, 20+ years old...

The core of my house: early-mid 1700's (no joke)....but, exposed stone/timber in basement is the only obvious clue it's that old. The low ceilings are another clue. My neighbor still has exposed beams in his house proper (and up until a few years ago, a dirt basement—not a dirt crawl space. Duh! He had to dig out his basement, pour concrete slab, etc. lots of ancient garbage (broken ceramics, glass, timber, etc) was in the basement.

Oh yeah, I have a WELL in my basement. A well. I have never met anyone else with this. It's sealed, of course, but still....

Insulation? Who needs that?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

I just want to say I'm fine if bike riders want to make more noise on the highways on roads, but do they really need to do it in subdivisions at 11PM where the speed limit is like 20MPH.  I can't stand that shit.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2013, 03:57 PMI just want to say I'm fine if bike riders want to make more noise on the highways on roads, but do they really need to do it in subdivisions at 11PM where the speed limit is like 20MPH.  I can't stand that shit.
Agreed.  My neighbor likes to do the same with his car.
Games currently in play:

tggodfrey

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/29/2013, 11:12 AMHelmet laws are no different than auto safety regulations (seat belts, abs, crash protection, stability control, etc.) in that they have a proven track record of improving safety.
I dont buy that becuase the data the statistics are derived from is skewed.  For example in an accident where the driver/passengers were not wearing their seatbelts, how many people actually owned up and said they were not obeying the law?  less than 1% i am sure; after all, who wants to openly admit to it and get a ticket? I am not saying a helmet or seatbelt wont help you, just saying statistics are not quite accurate.  My point to a helmet was not that you might survive a bad accident......my point is why would you want to?  I sure as hell dont and many people I know wouldnt either.
Games currently in play:

wildfruit

Quote from: tggodfrey on 08/29/2013, 04:36 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/29/2013, 11:12 AMHelmet laws are no different than auto safety regulations (seat belts, abs, crash protection, stability control, etc.) in that they have a proven track record of improving safety.
I dont buy that becuase the data the statistics are derived from is skewed.  For example in an accident where the driver/passengers were not wearing their seatbelts, how many people actually owned up and said they were not obeying the law?  less than 1% i am sure; after all, who wants to openly admit to it and get a ticket? I am not saying a helmet or seatbelt wont help you, just saying statistics are not quite accurate.  My point to a helmet was not that you might survive a bad accident......my point is why would you want to?  I sure as hell dont and many people I know wouldnt either.
if some one has been in a bad accident it is quite easy to tell wether they wore a seatbelt or not. there will be reddning at the very least

tggodfrey

A cop cant force you to show him your torso.  if your dead them obviously he can.
Games currently in play:

VestCunt

Quote from: tggodfrey on 08/29/2013, 07:52 AMI see more crotch rockets doing stupid shit
Twenty-year-olds on sport bikes are the #2 Idiots. Harley's are #1. Flip-flops on scooters are #3.

QuoteIts True, many harley riders will not wave to japanese bikes, I rarely do and I will not attempt to improve that. 
You know there's a brotherhood between bikers, right? Excluding Ricky Racers and Harley's, everyone waves to each other, swaps stories, and helps each other out.

QuoteApe Hangers still have control maybe dimished but they still control better than most rockets above 30MPH.
This is the dumbest thing I've read today. How big is your chicken strip? What's the longest trip you've been on? Try the Ozarks or Smokies with apehangers or tiller bars and see how you do.

QuoteIf motorists such as yourself who are responsible for merging into motorcycles
WTF

QuoteAs for helmets?  Oh please.  Wearing shorts and t-shirt on your crotchrocket is better?  I see plenty of rockets with one of the riders not wearing a helmet.  Again, your personal protection is your choice.  This is as good as a seat belt law arguement; But I bet your perfect on that one?
Again, if you think I'm a Ricky Racer, you're talking to the wrong guy. And yeah, I always wear my seat belt.

QuoteYour damn right a bike needs to be loud
QuoteEvery time I bring either of my harleys out some worthless idiot trys to merge into me or pull out in front of me.
Sounds like those loud pipes are working well for ya.

QuoteDoctors and everyone else with any sort of opinion agreed a helmet would have only left him alive and a paralyzed shell of a person.  I will choose death without a helmet, that is my choice as it is every other rider.  You or anyone else has no authority to judge that decision.
My sympathizes about your cousin. That's really terrible and I'm sorry.

As for helmets, I'm against helmet laws and I'll defend your right not to wear one, but I don't know need any authority to tell you that not wearing a helmet is retarded. They'd don't prevent life-ruining neck injuries, but you won't get killed by a bird or a rock. Heck, I know a guy who went down after taking a bumblebee on the side of his glasses. And for every story like your cousin's, there's one like my friend who t-boned a car going 60mph, flew 200', and walked away unscathed after his helmet completely disintegrated. This summer another friend flipped her bike, landed sliding on her helmet and front end, and walked away with only a broken collar bone. Both would be dead without helmets. Then last week, a car pulled in front of a guy in my neighborhood and he died going thirty without a helmet.

Anyway, you're right: I don't care to lecture you on safety and refute your selective consciousness. All I'm saying is Harley riders are the stupidest, worst riders on the road (although they look kind of cute riding side-by-side until they take each other out swerving for a dog). They're oblivious to safety, handling, and performance. They rarely know how to ride or even wrench on their own bikes. They buy the loudest possible pipes, but don't retune or rejet the bike. Every tire has a chicken strip, every bike has a sissy bar and every rider has brand-new, ill-fitting, assless leather chaps. They're weekend warriors who spend five days polishing chrome for every two days riding. They clog up scenic roads because they're so fucking slow. They've traded a DIY pastime and brotherhood of bikers for brand-name commercialism and machismo posturing. It's not about riding, it's about attitude, apehangers, logos, and lookin' tuff with the herd.

The motorcycle of equivalent of Apple users.
Topic Adjourned.