@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Custom HuCARD Envelope Artwork Thread [USA]

Started by SeymorOnion, 05/25/2013, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeymorOnion

As I was boxing up stuff to send to galam, for the Auction for Bernie's Daughter, I was saddened by the fact that I didn't have a proper Case, for Legendary Axe.
So, I made an Envelope for it.  :mrgreen:

IMG
If you click on the Picture, you can download the Larger, Higher Quality Version.

I got the TG16/NEC Logos, and the TG16 Style Font, from one of the Legendary Axe "DVD-Style" Cover Art Inserts, at TheCoverProject.net.

The Line-Art for the Axe, I found with a Google Search.
It was made by ShaneBrake of deviantART.

The pattern for the Envelope is based on one of my early designs, for my HuCARD Sleeve 5-Packs.  :P

Unfortunately, I don't have a color printer; that's why the one I sent to galam looks a little different than the one above, and was in black and white.

I reworked the pattern and layout a bit, to make this Color Version, in case any of you want to use it as a basis for more HuCARD Game Envelopes.
The Game Title's Text is about the same size as the Text used on The Cover Project's TG16 DVD-Style Cover's Spines.
You have to be a member of their forums, to download Cover Art.
I did this so it would make it easier for any non-artist types to create your own Custom Envelopes, for other Game Titles.

If you don't have a Color Printer, here is what it'll look like:
IMG

Update Thu, Jun 6, 2013
Here is a link to a RAR File, that contains all of the USA Game and System Card Envelopes:
All_USA_TG16_HuCARD_Envelopes.rar [284 MB]
It's pretty big, but it's a great alternative to browsing this thread, and clicking several hundred times. XD
Allthough, if you only want a few of the Envelopes, then there's no need to download that big archive.
When ya un-rar it, it'll take up about 2.62 GB of space.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Psycho Punch

Do you have that snazzy turbo-typeface to download or you made the title by hand?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SeymorOnion

If I had the font, I'd gladly share it with you all.

I just copied and pasted the logos and text from a Legendary Axe Cover, that is hosted on The Cover Project.   :-"
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=11692

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Very cool.  I would love to see how this turned out with the HUcard in it.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

RoyVegas

Wish I could do cool things like this but unfortunately not a creative bone in my body.  Very nice!
All is well. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

That is pretty impressive man.  Any chance we'll get more Turbo sleeves for other games?

Can we do requests?  If so, I'd love to see a Shockman one.  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Phase

Interesting use of the dvd covers  8) could also work in the original artwork although it may be too small.

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG
Click an Image to download it's Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Version.  8)

If they look Identical, Reload this Page.

ShockMan Logo and Charactar art made by Red-08 of deviantART.
http://red-08.deviantart.com/art/Color-v-SM-Tasuke-and-Kyapiko-257766458

The ShockMan Vertical TG-16 Style Black Text was recreated from other letters from other games.
I couldn't find a picture of the spine, so I assumed ShockMan didn't have a large gap between Shock and Man.

IMG

Joe Redifer

What do these look like in real life with a card in them? Make one for Magical Chase!

SeymorOnion

Quote from: Joe RediferWhat do these look like in real life with a card in them?
Here are some photos (I don't have a Color Printer).

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

Quote from: Joe RediferMake one for Magical Chase!
I'll give it a go. If it doesn't turn out too good, one of ya'll could try making it too. ;)

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG
Click an Image to download its High-Res, Printable Version.

If they look Identical, Reload this Page.

There ya go  :mrgreen:
I was fortunate this time; there was a cover for it at TCP, so I could just snag the black text, instead of doing a rebuild,
and I found a nice, clean image on the Google.

I couldn't find any line-art Fanart, though, but then again, I only looked on the first Image Results page.  :-

IMG

bob

See man, I told you this would go over well with the later (no case) releases.
These are awesome. When he sent me the Axe one, I spit out my coffee and I wasn't even drinking any.

roflmao

esteban

STATUS: There's just something wonderfully cute about these envelopes/sleeves. :pcgs:

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 05/26/2013, 08:11 PMIMG
ALSO: The juxtaposition of the most coveted game among collectors (Magical Chase) in a non-collector outfit (homemade envelope) atop the genuinely lackluster* North American exclusive Gunboat did not go unnoticed. :pcgs: Many layers of amusement in that photo: literally and figuratively.

*I know Gunboat is far from the worst game, but folks generally don't love the TG-16 patrol boat simulation games...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

Ya like said in the other thread I love this kind of stuff, and looking really good.

If you don't mind another thought I have box scans ( just front and back) of all the US release games, you could work them into your sleeve which would look really slick and almost official, when I get a moment I can mock one up, if you don't mind man?

FiftyQuid

Seymor these are fantastic.  If they were available for purchase I'd order an entire set.  What kind of card stock are you using?

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2013, 07:22 AMYa like said in the other thread I love this kind of stuff, and looking really good.

If you don't mind another thought I have box scans ( just front and back) of all the US release games, you could work them into your sleeve which would look really slick and almost official, when I get a moment I can mock one up, if you don't mind man?
Now this I would love to see!

SeymorOnion

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2013, 07:22 AMYa like said in the other thread I love this kind of stuff, and looking really good.

I don't mind at all.
In fact, if you make the Left or Right black-flaps longer, so it'll cover the entire back side of the envelope,
it would make it easier to get any artwork ya wanna put back there, to line up.
I don't have as much free time as I'd like, so if you want to take this project over, I'm all for that.
IIRC, you even have some equipment in your possession, that would make it easy to churn out a bunch of them.

Quote from: FiftyQuidWhat kind of card stock are you using?
I used some old cardstock, that I kept in a plastic bin.
I no longer have it's original packaging, that showed the paper's brand and weight.
I'm sure Sparky can pick a nice paper, that would go well with it.

SuperPlay

TheClash603

I have a bunch of games in generic CD cases which slide around a bit.  These are cool because they fit in a generic CD case, add a layer of protection to hu-cards, and also make shit look ace!

SeymorOnion

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/27/2013, 02:33 PMI have a bunch of games in generic CD cases which slide around a bit.  These are cool because they fit in a generic CD case, add a layer of protection to hu-cards, and also make shit look ace!
I bet they'll also work great with with Phase's 8-Disk Poly Cases.  8)

I am looking in to getting some custom-sized re-lock (Zip-lock) baggies made, for these envelopes.
They'd make for a great short-term solution for owners of the Turbo Express, that travel with it a lot.
I'm going to hold off a bit on ordering them, in case Sparky needs to make any adjustments to the overall size or shape of the Envelopes,
and also to see if he wants to go ahead and order custom-sized re-lock baggies himself,
or if he does an overhaul of the template, to make it work with hard-plastic PCMCIA Card Cases, or something.  :wink:

esadajr

That is amazing.

Really good looking and don't take extra room.
Gaming since 1985

Sparky

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 05/27/2013, 02:18 PMI don't mind at all.
In fact, if you make the Left or Right black-flaps longer, so it'll cover the entire back side of the envelope,
it would make it easier to get any artwork ya wanna put back there, to line up.
I don't have as much free time as I'd like, so if you want to take this project over, I'm all for that.
IIRC, you even have some equipment in your possession, that would make it easy to churn out a bunch of them.
Thanks for offering it up but my time is pretty limited as well but i will locate the box art and mock one up to see how it looks.
After that its a free for all :P

SeymorOnion

I'm looking forward to Sparky's version of the Envelopes.

In the meantime, I'll start making Envelopes for all of the US Games.
I'm going to go alphabetically.
IMG IMG
Click an Image to download it's Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Version.

>> If they look Identical, Reload this Page. <<

I'm going to make a website for these, once we start making a bunch.

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG

The Lightning Sunglasses Logo is based on Sparky's awesome Air Zonk Halloween Mask!
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10326.0

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG

Alien Crush FanArt by Mister Raroo
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/05/love_stung_my_affair_with_huds.php

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG

SeymorOnion

IMG
Click the Image to download the Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Version.

SeymorOnion

IMG
Click the Image to download the Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Version.

SeymorOnion

I'm trying something a little different this time; cropping the Flaps off of their Thumbnails.
The Larger Versions still have flaps.

IMG IMG IMG IMG
Click the Images to download their Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Versions.

>> If the two Bomberman Envelopes look Identical, Reload this Page. <<

Edited To Add Bomberman 93'

kiketonto

Nice work on the thread! All of them!
To HuCard's only they are terrific!
Thanks for you effort and contribution!

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG IMG
Click the Images to download the Larger, Hi-Res, Printable Versions.

Once I do Boxyboy and Bravoman, it's on to the C's.  :wink:

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG

Aaaand, that's all of the USA games that start with A and B.  :mrgreen:

Eighteen Down, 76 to go...  #-o

I'll pick this up again, after a power nap.

jperryss

This is awesome! Are these CD jewel sized, or smaller? Any chance of a pic side-by-side with an original jewel case?

Duo_R

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 05/26/2013, 08:11 PMIf you don't have a Color Printer, here is what it'll look like:
IMG
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SeymorOnion

The Envelopes are a tiny bit bigger than a HuCARD Sleeve.
There's more size comparisons, and close up photos, on the first page of this thread. ;)

csgx1

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Is anyone else aroused by this thread?

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG IMG

That covers the seven C's! (no pun intended)  :P
Now, on to the ten D's.

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG

That's it for tonight.
Gotta get up early tomorrow.
I'll resume this project later today, or tomorrow.  :wink:

Had a couple of people ask me if I'd re-do a few of the early ones, making alt versions with BoxArt, like these, instead of the Fan Art.
I will, but I wanna finish the rest of the Envelopes, before I start in on that.

soop

I'm so impressed by this.  I love the way you just saw that something was lacking, so you started a whole project on the back of it.

Sometimes I wish I had that kind of motivation.   Thanks Seymore!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

SeymorOnion

You're Welcome. :wink:
You should also thank galam for this.
He encouraged me to share my Legendary Axe cover, and that's what kicked-off this project.  :mrgreen:

IMG IMG IMG IMG IMG

I was really tired last night, and almost skipped Disney's Darkwing Duck.
Also, I'm not sure if the word Disney is suppose to be on the spine, or not.

If I skip any US Games, or get the Border Coloring wrong for any title, be sure to let me know.
I'm going by this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TurboGrafx-16_games
Since it's Wikipedia, there could be missing, or incorrect data.

bob

Love the DE

And where do I send the bill for all the printer ink you are costing me?
 :D

SeymorOnion

IMG IMG IMG

There's only three G's, one H, and one I, so I'm going to post them as a set of 5 Envelopes, in my next post. After I scarf down some dinner.

bob

When you are done with this valiant effort, it needs to be a "sticky" thread.

FiftyQuid

Geez... Falcon almost looks...uh, cool:shock: