10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

10.02.13 - New Forum Feature: Tapatalk

Started by PCEngineFX, 10/03/2013, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Been working on the forum all evening (tired!) but I did want to get this last feature implemented - pcengine-fx.com is now active on Tapatalk.

Now you can surf the forum with ease from your smartphone!  Enjoy.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

roflmao

Oh dear.  I don't know if I should thank you or curse you.

Thanks. :)

td741

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

td741

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/07/2013, 06:15 PMIDK what this is?
Tapatalk is essentially a mobile forum browser app. You can find Tapatalk enabled forums, register your usernames and surf your forums in an app.

It's nicely optimized for mobile and tablets.  4

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/07/2013, 06:15 PMIDK what this is?
I use LeTapa on phone & tablet. It's not perfect, but nice:

You don't have to worry about hitting TINY hyperlinks on the web version of the forum software.

You don't have to worry about losing the list of "UNREAD" topics because the page with the results decides to reload...

You don't have to have 15 tabs open in your browser...

:pcgs:

Joe Redifer

Quote from: td741 on 10/07/2013, 06:35 PMSent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4
The problem with Tapatalk is that it always loves to post useless stuff like this every single time. I have no idea if it can be turned off or not because I've never had the need or desire to participate in a web forum from a mobile device. Hell I rarely even take my cell phone with me when I leave the house.

Also I don't think Tapatalk is free to download and use.

td741

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/07/2013, 10:37 PM
The problem with Tapatalk is that it always loves to post useless stuff like this every single time. I have no idea if it can be turned off or not because I've never had the need or desire to participate in a web forum from a mobile device. Hell I rarely even take my cell phone with me when I leave the house.

The signature should be off now... Sorry, forgot to turn it off. Was trying to edit it from the original post but it was insisting to stick around.

I rarely use it to post, it's a nice way to scan the forums. There is a free version but I don't remember its limitations.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/07/2013, 10:37 PM

Ha! Just go into settings and turn off "signature" (not unlike email).

Personally, 99% of my opportunities to peruse the forum/post/chat are when a few moments of "downtime" present themselves. I'm grateful I have phone/tablet to peek at forum or work on a project (all my recent website stuff has been done on tablet/phone). Sure, it isn't ideal, but I'm just happy to make progress—even if it is bit by bit (megabit by megabit?)

:pcgs:

PCEngineFX

I've just updated the Tapatalk plugin on the forum and made sure it is working on my phone.  There is still some funky stuff going on with accessing the site via the phone App which I'll be tweaking tonight.
IMG
IMG

GohanX

Well, it's working much better than before, maybe I can be active again!

PCEngineFX

There is always the web interface ;)
IMG
IMG

wildfruit

Its always worked pretty well for me on windows phone. Sometimes pictures don't load but I can't tell If it's the site or the app playing up. The only real drag is polls don't show. In any case its miles more user friendly than ios version.

ClodBusted

Works great with Lumia 620 on Windows Phone 8.1. Thanks for the update.

Edit: Editing posts works too.

PCEngineFX

Cool - yep I'm posting from my Lumia 920.
IMG
IMG

Gentlegamer

IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/11/2015, 05:05 PMDoes it work on android?
Yep, sure does.  I believe all platforms (iOS, Android) have the Tapatalk app.
IMG
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/11/2015, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/11/2015, 05:05 PMDoes it work on android?
Yep, sure does.  I believe all platforms (iOS, Android) have the Tapatalk app.
But only windows phone has the soldier blade tiles ;-)

rjosal

I've been using tapatalk for several forums, and I can confirm it's working great here on iOS!