@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Soooo

Started by yoyo, 01/16/2014, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoyo

Uhhh.. I'm bored and felt like starting conversation and getting into my own personal stuff a bit, wondered if anyone shared, I'd like to keep the outside and common opinion of ITS BAD IT KILLS U cause it doesn't and it's proven it doesn't and I'll gladly prove it doesn't; considering, at least here in the states and in multiple, including the one I live in, it's legal: does anyone here partake in a little of the.. pow-wow? Smoke sesh? Hotboxin'? Tokin' it up? Getting Chinese eyes, as Cheech would put it? SMOKIN' THE GREEN? I find it enhances my gameplay abilities pretty well, thanks to focus!  :-"

Just curious, not sure if this is something a little too taboo for here or not.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

jeffhlewis

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

Just kiddin...I haven't partaken in years since the college days. Shit does put me straight to sleep though every time.

MotherGunner

Personally I don't give a shit if you do it or not and don't give a shit for what reasons (recreation or medicinal), but I have zero respect for weed smokers who have no consideration for others. 

Especially when the weed smokers live in close proximity to others and the God damn smoke comes in through their neighbors' windows such that their children and wife have to smell it.

This is where I will, and have lost it and called said people out.

Once you decide to do something while under the influence of drugs or booze such that it puts others at risk, you have achieved a whole new level of low-life IMO.  If this doesn't describe you, then don't feel offended.

//two cents
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

o.pwuaioc

removed

VenomMacbeth

I've nearly posted a thread about this several times before.  I too am curious as to who on this forum partakes...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

I don't pancakes.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

yoyo

Mmm. Pancakes.
IMG

PunkCryborg

I love marajuana but I don't consider myself a stoner by any means and I don't really care for stoner culture. I do smoke occasionally (weekly/biweekly) though and support legalization/decriminalization.

bob

I'm going to start calling my wife hotbox.

Bernie

I like special cheese... Does that count?

yoyo

Haha man you guys are awesome. I really appreciate the open minds here. Can't really find that anywhere; an awesome PCE board with fantastic members and good, open minds. :) Couldn't ask for anything better.
IMG

NecroPhile

I'm not a smoker, joker, or a midnight toker, but I don't give a shit if someone else wants to use it recreationally.  Like MG, however, I have no use for the twats that shove it off on others, nor for those that suckle at the government teet yet have money for weed (or cigs and booze).

P.S. - thanks for making a specific thread and not glorifying drug use in every post like a certain douchebag, but please change the subject line to something descriptive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

I haven't smoked in ages but I don't care if other people do. I  agree with mothergunner though.  When my kid walks out the door and its an instant cloud of pot smoke/smell they have to walk through, it fucking pisses me off.  My kids shouldnt be subjected to it on their way to school in the morning. I  live in a decent area but my piece of shit neighbours are only here because she had a "slip and fall accident" at a major store and is suing.  The lawyers are paying for her rent and put the family here.   Wish they'd just go away.
All is well. :)

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ToyMachine78

I don't smoke. It makes me paranoid as hell(Like run and hide in the closet, cause someone's out to get me lol)! Plus I hate how bad it drys your mouth out.

I am for legalization too. Let's face it the war on drugs has failed. Too many people locked away for non violent crimes on the tax payers dime, and by making it illegal you are creating the criminal subculture you are trying to stamp out. Our government is really stupid!

jeffhlewis

I look down a lot on stoner culture and the like, but my stance is the same - it needs to be legalized and treated like alcohol, and TAXED. Such an untapped revenue source. Not to mention the dollars saved not locking up non-violent offenders or paying police to enforce the laws around it.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to happen. You legalize it and all of a sudden it's no more of a "gateway drug" than alcohol or cigarettes since there's no criminal element around it.

Arkhan Asylum

I find it to be a waste of money.  No replay value, can't trade it. 

Never even tried it, either.

I don't care if someone else wants to smoke it though.  Just, not around me because it smells like dick.

Same goes for regular smoking too.   Don't blow it in my face, cunt.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

I don't partake, but i don't care if other choose to. Just as long as it doesn't affect me.

yoyo

IMG

Xak

Sadler from Exile on Turbo CD,  smokes. in the item shop, Canabis  and Hasheesh is available for sale , instead of the generic green herb found in almost all RRGs. Along with Coca, and numerous forms of opiates. in-game drug abuse gets you addicted to some of the drugs too!!

Game was way ahead of its time, one of my all time favorites.

As in real life, the only safe tonic is the greenery

now off to my local item shop
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

OldMan

QuoteSame goes for regular smoking too.
I did not know that Arkhan. Sorry for all the smoke in the room while doing Insanity.

wildfruit

Don't drink haven't touched green for over 10 years just me and my e cigarette now

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

420GOAT

dude, i drive VW busses, live in California, and check out my handle. what do you think?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

esteban

I smoke life.
And I chew nostalgia.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

not for me, i have other vices  <<sips wine>>

yoyo

Quote from: Xak on 01/17/2014, 01:00 PMSadler from Exile on Turbo CD,  smokes. in the item shop, Canabis  and Hasheesh is available for sale , instead of the generic green herb found in almost all RRGs. Along with Coca, and numerous forms of opiates. in-game drug abuse gets you addicted to some of the drugs too!!

Game was way ahead of its time, one of my all time favorites.

As in real life, the only safe tonic is the greenery

now off to my local item shop
.. Damn. I need to check that out. I've never played it, sadly.

Quote from: 420GOAT on 01/17/2014, 05:24 PMdude, i drive VW busses, live in California, and check out my handle. what do you think?
Livin' the life! Haha.

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/17/2014, 02:57 PMDon't drink haven't touched green for over 10 years just me and my e cigarette now

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk
I have myself a Smoov e-cig, I love blueberry mint.

IMG

Xak

YOLO!!

you only live once. I live by the Sadler code, get crunked up and kick ass . Look at my avatar SSSSADLER

SamIAm

I've been in Japan for more than five years straight and it's just not worth the risk to do it here. It's easy to get caught, and getting caught means jail and deportation absolutely.

But I do miss it. Drinking culture here is huge, and every time I'm out getting a beer with some salarymen, I wish I was having a smoke. Anything beyond a very light alcohol buzz makes me feel dizzy and sick, but I find the effect of THC on me to be thoroughly pleasant.

Stoner culture is pretty obnoxious, though, and there's a lot of people who don't know how to moderate. If you're getting high in the morning, you're an idiot. No excuses.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 01/17/2014, 11:46 AMI don't care if someone else wants to smoke it though.  Just, not around me because it smells like dick.

Same goes for regular smoking too.
^ This is the camp I'm in. It's legal here in Colorado and everyone on the internet is always mentioning it or asking about it. I swear people outside of Colorado care more about it being legal than we do here in Colorado. And you'd never know it was legal here just wandering around. There's no giant cloud of smoke or any of the other idiotic things people on the internet post because they think smoking weed is so damn cool.  I mean who cares? You smoke it, so what? It's nothing to brag about. And people LOVE bragging about it. It's almost kind of sad if weed is the biggest thing in their lives they can brag about. Nobody thinks you're cool for smoking weed. Just have fun with it and leave everyone else alone, thanks.

Weed does impair brain development so teenagers should definitely not smoke it.

Xak

im moving to Colorodo and play some 2player games with Joe , HIGH AS SADLER

Arkhan Asylum

I also think, if you're going to blaze up, do it at your fucking house or whatever.

Don't drive around stoned.  If you do, you're a fucking dick.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/19/2014, 04:28 AMWeed does impair brain development so teenagers should definitely not smoke it.
that must explain 50% of xak's problems
the other 50% being his small "weewee" hes been trying to improve

Xak

^try nothing, actions speak louder than words. No pain no gain.

anyways, make fun of Sadler too why dont ya? He got a joint in his mouth all game , i sure dont (wish i did tho)

Arkhan Asylum

how do you know it's a joint?

It could just be your dick. 

Xak

speak for yourself my friend

IMG

Marll

I think that it should be legalized. I'm not sure why one person's vice should be considered better than another (in that drinking is acceptable, but smoking weed is not). I also think that the persecution of tobacco smokers needs to stop. That being said, don't be a dick and push it on people, and be courteous of other people's space.

Honestly if you want to put it into your body, and you don't commit any crimes while on it, I don't think that any drugs should be illegal.

I've been a heavy drinker (party days while stationed in Germany in the late 90s), a heavy smoker (3+ packs a day on average, quit about 6 years ago) and I've done my share of weed as a teenager (just a few times) and as an adult (Amsterdam, also my dad grows medicinal grade for distribution in WA state). I don't see an issue with any of these things if you can be responsible and not a total douche.

I don't think that the government should have any say what we do in these cases, and pretty much all legislation that tries to stop these behaviors just makes them worse, or drives them underground and creates whole new criminal industries. While I'm pretty conservative in many ways, on these types of issues I am very firmly Libertarian. Live and let live....and stay out of my business big government!
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

MotherGunner

Quote from: Marll on 01/22/2014, 05:10 PMI've been a heavy drinker (party days while stationed in Germany in the late 90s
Nice, what Unit Bro?  Former 11M, 1-15 IN, 3ID (Mech) here.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Xak

ugh DRINKING SUCKS the hangover is NOT WORTH IT. you feel poisoned the next day and need MORE tonics just to feel better

i only do Cananavis, Harsheesh ,  and anything else found in the game EXiLE on pcE CD. Gonna quit the alprazolam soon since its not natural

jeffhlewis

PukeSter

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/23/2014, 09:33 AMStop doing drugs guyz

Pee Wee Herman PSA
"It isn't kid's stuff".

Maybe that's why you did it eventually, Mr. Paul Reubens?

Xak

forgot to add peyote. GOD that stuffs great

of course i mean in Exile

VestCunt

Potheads: slow, stupid, and hungry.

That said, it should be legalized. The only thing that sucks more than a room full of people staring at their shoelaces is spending our tax dollars to incarcerate people who are never going to do anything anyway.
Topic Adjourned.

Senshi

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/17/2014, 04:28 AMI don't pancakes.
Tats you totally smoke  :P
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Tatsujin

how is it regulated in the USoA regarding peeps living in the non-legal zone goin' to smoke into the legal zone? would that be legal? or is it law bound to each's registered address?

for example here in japan the law sure forbid its peeps to consume le shit, doesn't matter where. so that law is still active even they leave the country for vacation etc. and if pot their heads full f.e. in amsterdam and come back a few days later and have to take a test (pure hypothetically), they would be busted!!

Xak

Hit the tonic store yesterday, gonna hit my other merchant up later

Sadler

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/07/2014, 01:00 AMhow is it regulated in the USoA regarding peeps living in the non-legal zone goin' to smoke into the legal zone? would that be legal? or is it law bound to each's registered address?

for example here in japan the law sure forbid its peeps to consume le shit, doesn't matter where. so that law is still active even they leave the country for vacation etc. and if pot their heads full f.e. in amsterdam and come back a few days later and have to take a test (pure hypothetically), they would be busted!!
In the US, marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. That means the DEA could bust anyone participating in the growing, distribution, sale or use of marijuana in CO and WA regardless of state laws. Right now they don't seem to be making any moves to do so. Additionally, (at least in CO), employers are still free to fire employees who use marijuana. In fact, in CO you can be fired for just about anything, even alcohol use if an employer really wanted to. It's up to company policy though. If you hold a clearance, you can definitely still lose your job, regardless of state laws.

Basically, yes you can go to a store and buy weed here with just an ID. You won't get arrested, but you can still lose your job.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/16/2014, 10:48 PMI haven't partaken in years since the college days. Shit does put me straight to sleep though every time.
This is me exactly.  My college roommate and I used to smoke every Sunday night (to watch X-Files) and it was a while ritual, going to the store to buy snacks, timing it so that we were fully baked before the show started, etc.  But it used to drive him nuts that I would fall asleep right away, telling me that I just needed to use eyedrops or whatever.  But the thing is, weed made me so sleepy that it just felt awesome to crawl into bed and fall asleep.  So what's wrong with that?  Nothing except that my buddy just wanted to hang out.  :(