Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Hi

Started by bob, 05/05/2014, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Hi
/games/necnec.jpg

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: galam on 05/05/2014, 02:30 PMhorribly misrepresented.  can play ALL NES/FAMI games?
really?  even gun support on LCD?
Those are two entirely different claims.

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 02:34 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/05/2014, 02:30 PMhorribly misrepresented.  can play ALL NES/FAMI games?
what is?

PCEngineHell

I see this thing and I think of this:
I'm sure that was not their intention, yet I cant mentally seem to separate the two.

jtucci31

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/05/2014, 02:52 PMI see this thing and I think of this:
I'm sure that was not their intention, yet I cant mentally seem to separate the two.
I weirdly kind of get what your saying without being able to explain myself at all

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: galam on 05/05/2014, 02:38 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 02:34 PM
what is?
They're saying that it can play the games. They never say the guns will work on an LCD. But if you plug this thing into an old CRT, it will register the shots just fine (so I assume from what they released).

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: tggodfrey on 05/05/2014, 03:59 PM500.00!!!!!  WTF
A shocker for real, although I didn't get my hopes up too much, given the price of their wooden CMVS.

munchiaz

this shit and the creator are getting torn apart over at neo-geo.com. The creator constantly ducked questions about sacing legit NES's for this thing, and also claims the console has stereo audio, which i guess cant be the case for the NES. Also $50 for a new NES controller....wtf

jtucci31

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/05/2014, 04:19 PMAlso $50 for a new NES controller....wtf
I saw that first and thought it was ridiculous, and then saw the $500 for the system itself. I have no idea what warrants that price but that's outrageous

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/05/2014, 04:19 PMthis shit and the creator are getting torn apart over at neo-geo.com. The creator constantly ducked questions about sacing legit NES's for this thing, and also claims the console has stereo audio, which i guess cant be the case for the NES. Also $50 for a new NES controller....wtf
He blankly said on a different forum that no old NES's were torn apart; also, by stereo, he was corrected and admitted it was dual-mono.

Still, price is bonkers.

ClodBusted

I think it's a pretty bad sign if the manufacturer presents just a bunch of photos but no straight facts about the hardware, video signals, connections, etc.

And I don't get it why the case has to be made out of aluminium. I'd prefer my old grey plastic frontloader NES anytime over that hipster-styled overpriced ...thing.

No need for Dual Mono if somebody just can buy or build a cheap Mono audio adaptor. And I don't think the fake stereo produced by tapping into the NES' guts sounds that good.

Does that thing uses at least the recently releases RGB upgrade board from etim?

Joe Redifer

I wish Viletim (he's "etim" now?) would get those boards back in stock. Been waiting for a long time.

munchiaz

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/05/2014, 05:28 PMI wish Viletim (he's "etim" now?) would get those boards back in stock. Been waiting for a long time.
I believe these new units use etims RGB board, and could be the reason why they are out of stock

Arkhan Asylum

Dude at my work bought one.

lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DeshDildo

Other than the price these seem kinda cool.  I can't help but get the feeling that it's just an original NES motherboard with the RGB board and "4 port" mod in a fancy case.  I am, however, interested to know how he outputs scanlines on an HDTV from the console itself.  Upscaler built in?  Just because scan lines are output doesn't mean the light gun will work on an HDTV.

I am definitely interested to know what the HDMI "adapter" is comprised of and how it works.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

DeshDildo

Also, the site states "stereophonic" sound which leads me to believe it's not dual mono but the "stereo" mod.  I know a lot of people don't like this mod but I use 100k pots on each line to mix in some of the opposite channel and when it's dialed in and blasting on a surround sound set up, I think it sounds awesome.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

synbiosfan

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/05/2014, 04:19 PMthis shit and the creator are getting torn apart over at neo-geo.com. The creator constantly ducked questions about sacing legit NES's for this thing, and also claims the console has stereo audio, which i guess cant be the case for the NES. Also $50 for a new NES controller....wtf
Yeah, they care more about the sacing at neo-geo.com than the people at NintendoAge. The NA people want to see who can be the first to have their system VGA'd.

ElSeven

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/05/2014, 02:52 PMI see this thing and I think of this:
lol this is pretty spot on.

i was hoping someone had started a thread about this.  $500 for this thing is just laughable.  Isn't this the company that made the wooden cmvs?
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

DeshDildo

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/05/2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah, they care more about the sacing at NG.com than the people at NintendoAge. The NA people want to see who can be the first to have their system VGA'd.
Hahahaha!  That's some funny shit right there.

synbiosfan

In all honesty, I'm undecided about it.

If he's making a overall better product(???) it's hard to say the sacing is bad. He got his hands on enough systems that if someone wanted they could have bought. Some parts are now wanted and being used.

In principle I dislike the sacing even though I have modded systems so I'm a bit of a hypocrite :|

Bernie

Id rather just emulate on a PC, and have it displayed on my TV.  These clones were cool at first, but now?  Meh... been there seen that.  Give us something NOT done before.  A TG-16 clone, something to really get my heart pumping.

Psycho Punch

I think I would buy a DUO replica in a heartbeat.

Or just give me a CDROM adapter so I can plug in any drive in a raw turbo.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 11:00 PMI think I would buy a DUO replica in a heartbeat.

Or just give me a CDROM adapter so I can plug in any drive in a raw turbo.
yes.
IMG

TR0N

Think i'll just wait for the retron 5 instead  :roll: If hyperkin can ever release it  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

tggodfrey

I might buy it.  Seeing as how its a metal cased unit, it would work well to block the wheels of my car when i pull the trans out for routine cleaning.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

Such a boring, generic design.  It's the Vistar of the NES world.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

so ugly. If I wanna play NES/Fami I'll play it on my NES/Fami.

HercTNT

I hate to admit I would love to have one of these. At even half the price they are asking I would not even consider it.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 10:13 AMSuch a boring, generic design.  It's the Vistar of the NES world.
And he uh..hm borrowed it.

QuoteOriginally posted by: MrMark0673

My biggest gripe would be the blatant rip-off of Bunny's case design.
QuoteOriginally posted by: steventemp

I'm still curious about the design, I mean, it does look earily close to bunny's prototype

TheClash603

I think the CMVS served a purpose and the high price was almost justified because it looked like a quality product and in the end it saves the user tons of AES costs.

This thing is just absurd though.  Looks ugly and doesn't serve a purpose, there are 20 other ways to get the same quality performance at 1/10 the price.

I will say it is weird when people complain about sacrificing NES systems.  There are tens of millions of these systems out there, if this guy tears up 10,000 he wouldn't even dent the supply.

Mzo

I'd never buy one at that price point, but I am interested in the HDMI out feature.  It's a $50 add-on, but how good is the upscaler?  I assume there's a dedicated upscaler either in the system or on the add-on because letting a shitty TV upscaler blow up an image from 240p to 720p or even 1080p is going to add so much input lag it'd be barely playable.

I've seen RGB to HDMI converters at around that pricepoint that do the job well enough and even have a few different resolution options.  I know some TVs blank out screen aspect ratio options when it comes to HDMI cables.  It would be terrible if everything was stretched out in fat vision with no way to fix it.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

synbiosfan

esadajr

Quote from: tggodfrey on 05/05/2014, 03:59 PM500.00!!!!!  WTF
The consolized MVS made some sense, but this, I just don't see the point
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: TR0N on 05/06/2014, 04:33 AMThink i'll just wait for the retron 5 instead  :roll: If hyperkin can ever release it  :P
I'll wait for the Retron CD. A magical wonderful machine that plays PCECD, SCD, NeoCD and SAT.
Gaming since 1985

bob

Quote from: esadajr on 05/09/2014, 02:35 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/06/2014, 04:33 AMThink i'll just wait for the retron 5 instead  :roll: If hyperkin can ever release it  :P
I'll wait for the Retron CD. A magical wonderful machine that plays PCECD, SCD, NeoCD and SAT.
And JAG/3DO. LOL

synbiosfan

Quote from: galam on 05/09/2014, 04:03 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 05/09/2014, 02:35 PM
And JAG/3DO. LOL
The 3DO's Captain Quazar is pretty good!

Medic_wheat

I thought of posting a thread about this but should have known it would have been up somewhere.  Althought I expected a more identifying title.

I have been following this for some time and as a person who bought the wooden CMVS I was expecting more.

I was also hoping for greater accessibility, I even asked if payments for preorders could be done similar to other hi end collectables such as hot toys.  To me would make more seanse, you have an intel base, and can meet each quarters pre orders without wasted back stock. But it was not planed and the response I got seemed like the idea never occurred to him. 

The design I am not a fan of, at lest the CMVS looked like the neo go Wes home console a little but this....just not very appealing.

Although what is really holding me back are these cock teasing picture with no video and depth as to what it can do just buzz words and every media gaming source either directly quoting what is on the web it per baitim wi no additional insight.   

If this survives a second pre order which seems doubtfull and I see positive reviews I may plunk down the cash for the system in red ...other wise I'll just stick with my NES and famicom.

Ninja16608

Not sure if they sac'd NES boards. By the sounds of it, its a new design with the old chips. In any case I hate knock off shit like this, when it comes to my hardware only the original will do. Who the hell wants a metal case on their systems? not me. With all the other knock offs out there going for 50- 60 bux who in their right mind other than fools with a ton of cash spens 500 on a knock off.

*walks away shaking head*

synbiosfan

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/27/2014, 10:39 PMNot sure if they sac'd NES boards.
Yes, Christoph took a while to mention it though.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/27/2014, 10:56 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/27/2014, 10:39 PMNot sure if they sac'd NES boards.
Bummer. :(

Ninja16608

Well that sucks :-( I wonder if it is even possible to get the chips? If they can be had I would have more respect for a new design of the PCB (I'm sure they had to for the dual use) but I don't like the idea of sacin anything unless it is totally necessary and in this case it's not. There are plenty of working NES and SNES /Famicom Super Famicom systems out there. 

synbiosfan

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/28/2014, 09:56 AM
Well that sucks :-( I wonder if it is even possible to get the chips? If they can be had I would have more respect for a new design of the PCB (I'm sure they had to for the dual use) but I don't like the idea of sacin anything unless it is totally necessary and in this case it's not. There are plenty of working NES and SNES /Famicom Super Famicom systems out there. 
As I understand it, he bought a lot(s) of non-working or cosmetically damaged units that no one seemed to want. He's now made those units working and wanted.

I have mixed feelings about the saccing :-k

o.pwuaioc

That's a bit better imo. It's not like there's a shortage, and if people were going to toss them anyway, maybe it's better they went to this project.

I still wish it were half the price.

GohanX

I ordered a NESRGB and I'm waiting for a friend to hook me up with a AV Famicom. Screw this thing.

ClodBusted

Press "reviews" that are in fact just repeating the PR-blabla without having had hands on the actual system:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com/pages/press-analogue-nt

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2015, 11:32 AMPress "reviews" that are in fact just repeating the PR-blabla without having had hands on the actual system:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com/pages/press-analogue-nt
Still waiting for:

1). Video of the system in action

2). A real review of the system.