PCE Software Bible updates

Started by _Paul, 06/11/2006, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Another round o' fixes:

DAIMAKAIMURA
    Typo - "When equipped, you can fire off a special move by holding and releasing the attack button."

DARKWING DUCK
    'Raising Young Waterfowl' link is dead. 

DEEP BLUE
    Typo - "And believe me, there are a LOT of these angry denizens of the deep that would like nothing more than to take you down."
    Typo - "...why anyone would want to play this game more than once is beyond me."

DORAEMON - NOBITA'S DORABIAN NIGHT
    Typo - "Taking a different route to its maze-based predecessor..."

DOUBLE DRAGON II
    Typo - "Conversion of the popular arcade scrolling beat 'em up."  <-- not sure on the second one; maybe it's a regional thing.

DRAGON FIGHTER - TATSU NO KO FIGHTER 
    Tense disagreement - "But while Ghouls 'n' Ghosts was visually interesting and had great music, this isn't."

DRAGON SLAYER - THE LEGEND OF HEROES
    Typo - "...but Falcom has removed a lot of the frustration by allowing you to see your foes as you progress.  <-- Falcom is a singular entity, isn't it?  Any Englishaticians here know the rule?

DRAGON SPIRIT
    Typo - "This vertically scrolling shoot 'em up..."  <-- to be consistent with others in the genre

DUNGEON EXPLORER II
    Typo - "This CD sequel to Dungeon Explorer plays very much the same as the first game."

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS - ORDER OF THE GRIFFON 
    'Why not try... Dungeon Master' link mistakenly leads to The Kung Fu.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Thank you sir, I've fixed all that aside from the 'scrolly' thing which was intentional.

NecroPhile

Here's another handful:

EIYU SANGOKUSHI
    Typo - Index page link is to '..../Eiyu_Sankokushi.htm' rather than '..../Eiyu_Sangokushi.htm'.

1552 TENKA TAIRAN
    Typo - "...and even a large amount of designers' notes."

F1 TEAM SIMULATION - PROJECT F
    Index page links to old school formatted page.

F1 TRIPLE BATTLE
    'Why not try...F1 Dream' link mistakenly leads to F1 Pilot.

FAR EAST OF EDEN II - MANJI MARU
    'Why not try...Far East of Eden - Ziria' link mistakenly leads to Far East of Eden II - Manji Maru.

FIEND HUNTER
    Typo - "The graphics are very clean and look [something's missing here] everything animates nicely..."

FINAL SOLDIER
    Typo - "Another shoot 'em up in Hudson's Soldier series.
    "...you can set up different style of weapon..."  <--it's awkwardly phrased, but I'll leave it up to you how to fix it up (or not).

FUSHIGI NO UMI NO NADIA - THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER
    'The Secret of Blue Water Fan Site' link has died.

GANBARE! GOLF BOYS 
    Typo - "...all the controls are pretty standard for a game of this type..."

GARO DENSETSU SPECIAL
    Typo - Index page link is to Fatal Fury 2 rather than Fatal Fury Special.

GENOCIDE
    Typo - "It feels like you have little control and are just routinely bashing a button/the button/buttons/etc. in the hope something good will come of it..."

GENPEI TOMA DEN
    Typo - 'Try It' rating is clearly a mistake.  :lol:

GENPEI TOMA DEN - KANNONI
    Typo - "Sequel to the original multi-stage action game."  <--Maybe this should be 'multi-style', as that is how you described Genpei Toma Den.

GO! GO! BIRDIE CHANCE
    'External Links - Pangya' times out and doesn't load, though maybe it's just temporary.

HANY IN THE SKY 
    Typo - "...allowing you to shoot in all directions."
    Typo - "The last stage is basically a Escher puzzle picture come to life.  The interlocking-shape enemies jump out from the background..."

J.J. & JEFF
    Typo - "...Hudson has taken the gameplay from the original..."

JACK NICKLAUS WORLD TOUR GOLF
    'Why not try...Power Golf' link is to '.../Templates%20(2007)/Power_Golf.htm' instead of '.../HTML_Games/Power_Golf.htm'

JACKIE CHAN
    Typo - "Hudson has chosen cute over realistic and..."
    Typo - "The first is a ball of energy that you expel..."
    Typo - "If there was one negative point it would be that the some of the later levels

JIM POWER
    Typo - "Shooting platform game originally released on the Commodore Amiga..."

mobiusclimber

I was super stoked to see this website! Gamefaqs and Mobygames are not ideal sites sometimes for figuring out what type of game a certain title is. I just went thru the PCE S.B. and made up a list of all the games I want to get... wow is it a long one! Anyway this is a great resource, thanks for maintaining it!  :dance:

torrente

Yeah that's so true!

It's the best video games ressource I've ever seen!
Complete and very useful!

I've already bought 9 games, all refering to this bible.

And tonight I'll visit an eBay seller who sold me a scart for my Coregrafx!
I'll be able to play all of them this week end, finally and enter this new world!!  :dance:
El Brazo Tonto De La Ley

mobiusclimber

Quote from: torrente on 10/02/2008, 02:02 PMYeah that's so true!

It's the best video games ressource I've ever seen!
Complete and very useful!
I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly the best for PCE/CD games. The bigger consoles have vast databases filled with information, but the PC engine/TG system? Not so much. Which is why this site is so great. I might have to start submitting some reviews if I can so it can continue to grow.

NecroPhile

Not to take away from Sunteam Paul's fine site, but have you two visited PCE Daisakusen or the PC Engine Catalog Project?  They don't serve up the tunes and vids that the bible sports, but they both offer a treasure trove of information, the former even helping you to keep track of your collection.

mobiusclimber

The first one didn't impress me at all, but the second one seems to have a lot more info as well as images for most if not all of the games in its database. Very impressive! Shame the layout isn't more user friendly, but oh well.

torrente

Yep I knew them both :)

I kinda like the second one but I find it difficult to navigate on. It's very laborious IMO.

And I'm aware that there are many complete video games site for the newest consoles...

But I just find Sunteam's to be the greatest graphically speaking and one of the greatest of the "one console only" type.
I mean it's clear, attractive, convivial and so ergonomic.
No other one is comparable.
El Brazo Tonto De La Ley

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/02/2008, 01:12 PMGENPEI TOMA DEN
    Typo - 'Try It' rating is clearly a mistake.  :lol:
To each his or her own, Necromancer [-X. I remember him giving this game about 3 meats out of 5 on the older version of the website. If he thinks it's a decent game, then he has no reason to change it.

I, too, owe my credentials to Sunteam_Paul. From his videos and website, I've learned a lot about a number of PC Engine and TurboGrafx-16 games, and a good number of the games I wanted to play were determined from these. I can't fully determine what my knowledge and game wantings would be if it weren't for them:).

I have a few questions for you, if you're reading this, Sunteam. I've noticed that for the "Note About the Game Title" section of the PC Denjin/Bonk's Adventure entry that the statement about his US name was changed from "ignoring Bonk all we can" to "before US marketing bods came up with 'Bonk.'" I seem to remember the former statement being present after the website had been updated. How long ago was it changed, and what was the purpose behind it (I have a feeling that it might had to do with "being appropriate").

In the gameplay video for Bonk's Adventure, was there some sort of "turbo" feature used in it? It seemed that there were some aerial flips that were done too quickly for the normal human to perform (especially during the bonus round requiring this; does Magic Engine support turbo features, even for the Japanese version, assuming that there were none available on the controllers for the PC Engine?). As far as I can determine, there doesn't seem to be anything too different about the way Bonk looks in the video from the US version (which made me wonder a bit if the video after the title screen was from the American version).

How were you able to record the music for Alien Crush, also? I haven't found any sound test cheat codes for the game (though there is one available for Devil's Crush). Does Magic Engine have a feature that allows to listen to the music in games in spite of a lack of a sound test within the actual game (I don't highly know about this emulator, but I have heard slightly about a feature like this).

Just to give you a reminder, I'm still waiting for a gameplay video of Battle Royale and the other two Bomberman games, and also music videos for the Bonk series.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

NecroPhile

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/03/2008, 12:58 AMTo each his or her own, Necromancer [-X. I remember him giving this game about 3 meats out of 5 on the older version of the website. If he thinks it's a decent game, then he has no reason to change it.
The little laughing smiley makes it pretty obvious that I was joking and wasn't expecting Paul to change Genpei's rating.  Perhaps you're unaware of the concept of 'joke', so here's a definition for you:

Joke – noun
1.  Something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act.
2.  Something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; a farce.
3.  A matter that need not be taken very seriously; a trifling matter.

P.S. - In case you were wondering, yes, this post is also in jest.  :P

mobiusclimber

After looking over PCECP some more, it looks like the PCE Bible might have more games, or possibly just several that aren't in the PCECP. I tried looking up games from the list I made up and couldn't find nearly half of them. Maybe the spelling is just different? No idea.

NecroPhile

Quote from: mobiusclimber on 10/03/2008, 11:22 AMAfter looking over PCECP some more, it looks like the PCE Bible might have more games, or possibly just several that aren't in the PCECP. I tried looking up games from the list I made up and couldn't find nearly half of them. Maybe the spelling is just different? No idea.
Probably different spellings/translation; the bible has many titles conveniently listed under their various different names, making 'em easy to find if you don't know their 'proper' title (such as Art of Fighting instead of just Ryuko no Ken).  What were you looking for on PCECP?

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/03/2008, 09:26 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/03/2008, 12:58 AMTo each his or her own, Necromancer [-X. I remember him giving this game about 3 meats out of 5 on the older version of the website. If he thinks it's a decent game, then he has no reason to change it.
The little laughing smiley makes it pretty obvious that I was joking and wasn't expecting Paul to change Genpei's rating.  Perhaps you're unaware of the concept of 'joke', so here's a definition for you:

Joke – noun
1.  Something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act.
2.  Something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; a farce.
3.  A matter that need not be taken very seriously; a trifling matter.

P.S. - In case you were wondering, yes, this post is also in jest.  :P
Even with the ":lol:" smiley, it just sounded like you were meanly laughing at the rating he gave for the game (I know about jokes, silly, so that jest wasn't even needed :twisted:). It can be hard to tell if someone's joking in text sometimes as in speech a certain tone in voice indicates one is told. At times, something so illogical even for a joke that I have to correct it no matter what :P.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

_Paul

Thanks for all the kind comments about my site, it's always a thrill to know that people really appreciate it and all those months (years) of my life have not been wasted! I will repeat Necro's comments that both PCECP and PCE Daisakusen are both awsome sites in their own right, and I think that all of our sites have something different to offer PC Engine fans.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/03/2008, 11:31 AM
Quote from: mobiusclimber on 10/03/2008, 11:22 AMAfter looking over PCECP some more, it looks like the PCE Bible might have more games, or possibly just several that aren't in the PCECP. I tried looking up games from the list I made up and couldn't find nearly half of them. Maybe the spelling is just different? No idea.
Probably different spellings/translation; the bible has many titles conveniently listed under their various different names, making 'em easy to find if you don't know their 'proper' title (such as Art of Fighting instead of just Ryuko no Ken).  What were you looking for on PCECP?
Necro is correct. I list many games under alternative names, even incorrect names that you might know them by to make it easier to locate them. I'm also pretty sure that PCECP lists more games than my site, although I do list unreleased titles that it doesn't have.

Now to answer some of Kirby's questions:

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyI have a few questions for you, if you're reading this, Sunteam. I've noticed that for the "Note About the Game Title" section of the PC Denjin/Bonk's Adventure entry that the statement about his US name was changed from "ignoring Bonk all we can" to "before US marketing bods came up with 'Bonk.'" I seem to remember the former statement being present after the website had been updated. How long ago was it changed, and what was the purpose behind it (I have a feeling that it might had to do with "being appropriate").
I've made some minor and other major adjustments to wording and phrases to a lot of pages. I believe my thinking behind this change was partly because the initial version sounds a little dismissive, and partly because I like the word bod. It is also a clever way to hide my foaming hatred for the name 'Bonk'. (Did I say that out loud?)

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyIt seemed that there were some aerial flips that were done too quickly for the normal human to perform
Pish and tish! Although there is always the option for rapid-fire switches in ME and on the PCE pad, manual rapid fire is a minor skill of mine, although I doubt I could ever beat The Master.

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyHow were you able to record the music for Alien Crush, also?
There are many hacked music-only rips of games floating around the internet, or so I am told  8)

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyJust to give you a reminder, I'm still waiting for a gameplay video of Battle Royale and the other two Bomberman games, and also music videos for the Bonk series.
I'll probably do the PC Kid ones soon, maybe Bomber Man too. Don't hold your breath for Battle Royale, it's hard to force myself to play it.

And Genpei is rubbish is a cool way, not in a crappy way like Deep Blue, so it well deserves that rating. In fact, it might be the best naff game on the system.

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/02/2008, 01:12 PMA bloody great list of mistakes
All these should be fixed now, thanks again.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through my head when I type this stuff...solid proof that video games addle your brain.

mobiusclimber

My list has all the different names the title is under. When I looked them up, I used one, then the other, sometimes going so far as to remove words in the hopes of getting a hit, still with no luck. For instance, Faerie Dust Story (I think is the English translation of the name), I tried that, I tried the original Japanese and I try spelling it "Fairy" with no luck. Again, I'm sure some of it is that it's only listed in the Japanese name on PCECP and people tend to spell Japanese names differently in romanji all the time ("what, is that with like two u's and four r's?") so that's probably what the problem was. But I also don't remember seeing some of the titles when I went browsing either, but that also doesn't mean much. I didn't spend as much time going over everything on there like I did on PCE Bible.

torrente

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2008, 01:18 PMThanks for all the kind comments about my site, it's always a thrill to know that people really appreciate it and all those months (years) of my life have not been wasted! I will repeat Necro's comments that both PCECP and PCE Daisakusen are both awsome sites in their own right, and I think that all of our sites have something different to offer PC Engine fans.
I totally agree here!
I didn't mean that the other ones suck!
No way!!
I just meant that I prefer this one to the others and of course it was just my opinion!!  8-[
Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings!!

And anyway, anyone who is so dedicated to defend his passion should be rewarded and thanked...
El Brazo Tonto De La Ley

_Paul

Quote from: mobiusclimber on 10/03/2008, 01:43 PM
My list has all the different names the title is under. When I looked them up, I used one, then the other, sometimes going so far as to remove words in the hopes of getting a hit, still with no luck. For instance, Faerie Dust Story (I think is the English translation of the name), I tried that, I tried the original Japanese and I try spelling it "Fairy" with no luck. Again, I'm sure some of it is that it's only listed in the Japanese name on PCECP and people tend to spell Japanese names differently in romanji all the time ("what, is that with like two u's and four r's?") so that's probably what the problem was. But I also don't remember seeing some of the titles when I went browsing either, but that also doesn't mean much. I didn't spend as much time going over everything on there like I did on PCE Bible.
PCECP lists it as 'Meikyu no Elfeene'. I can understand the problems with names, which is why I have the alternatives (and a handy search box on the home page).

_Paul

Music added for Genpei Tōma Den, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, PC Genjin, PC Genjin 2, Space Harrier and The Kung Fu.

_Paul

Gameplay videos added: Bomber Man, Bomber Man '93, Dungeon Explorer and Splash Lake.
Music added for PC Genjin 3.

The current top 5 game page views on the site:
1. Kyukyoku Tiger
2. Daimakaimura
3. Adventure Island
4. Dracula X
5. Ankoku Densetsu

_Paul

Gameplay videos added: Momotarō Katsugeki, Ninja Ryūkenden, Parodius, Schbibin Man 2.
Music added for Dungeon Explorer, Out Run and Spriggan.

_Paul

Gameplay videos added: Dynastic Hero, Götzendiener, Hiho Densetsu, Prince of Persia, Schbibin Man 3 and Ys III.
Music added for W-Ring and Ys III.

_Paul

Gameplay videos added: GunBuster Vol 1 and Ordyne.
Music added for Dynastic Hero, GunBuster Vol 1 and Schbibin Man 3.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2008, 01:18 PMThanks for all the kind comments about my site, it's always a thrill to know that people really appreciate it and all those months (years) of my life have not been wasted! I will repeat Necro's comments that both PCECP and PCE Daisakusen are both awsome sites in their own right, and I think that all of our sites have something different to offer PC Engine fans.

Necro is correct. I list many games under alternative names, even incorrect names that you might know them by to make it easier to locate them. I'm also pretty sure that PCECP lists more games than my site, although I do list unreleased titles that it doesn't have.

Now to answer some of Kirby's questions:

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyI have a few questions for you, if you're reading this, Sunteam. I've noticed that for the "Note About the Game Title" section of the PC Denjin/Bonk's Adventure entry that the statement about his US name was changed from "ignoring Bonk all we can" to "before US marketing bods came up with 'Bonk.'" I seem to remember the former statement being present after the website had been updated. How long ago was it changed, and what was the purpose behind it (I have a feeling that it might had to do with "being appropriate").
I've made some minor and other major adjustments to wording and phrases to a lot of pages. I believe my thinking behind this change was partly because the initial version sounds a little dismissive, and partly because I like the word bod. It is also a clever way to hide my foaming hatred for the name 'Bonk'. (Did I say that out loud?)

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyIt seemed that there were some aerial flips that were done too quickly for the normal human to perform
Pish and tish! Although there is always the option for rapid-fire switches in ME and on the PCE pad, manual rapid fire is a minor skill of mine, although I doubt I could ever beat The Master.

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyHow were you able to record the music for Alien Crush, also?
There are many hacked music-only rips of games floating around the internet, or so I am told  8)

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyJust to give you a reminder, I'm still waiting for a gameplay video of Battle Royale and the other two Bomberman games, and also music videos for the Bonk series.
I'll probably do the PC Kid ones soon, maybe Bomber Man too. Don't hold your breath for Battle Royale, it's hard to force myself to play it.

And Genpei is rubbish is a cool way, not in a crappy way like Deep Blue, so it well deserves that rating. In fact, it might be the best naff game on the system.
Thank you so much for putting up the footages [-o&lt;. I guess you consider P.C. Kid's US name sounding a little ridiculous (do you like the European name B.C. Kid, though)? Playing Bonk's Adventure again after posting before, I did find it would be somewhat possible to press the buttons very rapidly in order for Bonk to perform flips and jumps quickly (but it's hurts the thumbs a little). Oh. You mean like the ones Paranoia Dragon has :wink:? I can see 8).

No problem for Battle Royale. You can make videos out of it whenever you're ready. I just wish to see how the game plays out in its five-player wrestle matches. I have a few other requests too: I would like to hear music videos for Ordyne and Shockman/Schbinin Man 2, and if you can, I would like to see gameplay footage for Godzilla (perferably with King Ghidora in action in Vs. mode :D). I'd love to see how this looks (and maybe contrast it to other Godzilla games, too).

I've caught a spelling error in Alien Crush. In the second sentence for the Overview, the word "modeled" is spelled with two L's. Double-checking in Microsoft Word, it is meant to be written with only one.

_Paul

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/12/2008, 01:18 PMThank you so much for putting up the footages [-o&lt;. I guess you consider P.C. Kid's US name sounding a little ridiculous (do you like the European name B.C. Kid, though)?
I much prefer B.C. Kid, it's far closer to the name PC Kid and makes sense.

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyOh. You mean like the ones Paranoia Dragon has :wink:? I can see 8).
No, not music downloads, but ROMs that run on an emulator that just play the audio (music / sound effects) from the games.

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyNo problem for Battle Royale. You can make videos out of it whenever you're ready. I just wish to see how the game plays out in its five-player wrestle matches. I have a few other requests too: I would like to hear music videos for Ordyne and Shockman/Schbinin Man 2, and if you can, I would like to see gameplay footage for Godzilla (perferably with King Ghidora in action in Vs. mode :D). I'd love to see how this looks (and maybe contrast it to other Godzilla games, too).
I don't have a sound test or music only ROM for Schbibin Man 2 which is a shame as there is no easy way to get the music other than recording it off the game in action. That's something that I'll have to consider.

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyI've caught a spelling error in Alien Crush. In the second sentence for the Overview, the word "modeled" is spelled with two L's. Double-checking in Microsoft Word, it is meant to be written with only one.
Nope, 'modeled' is the American spelling, 'modelled' is perfectly correct.  :wink: Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

_Paul

**NEW FEATURE**
Game manuals often contain great artwork and now you can view a selection of them in PDF format. They range from around 1.5 MB to 2.5 MB so may take a short time to download on slow connections. More will be added over time.

Game manuals added: Dracula X, Gunbuster Vol 1, PC Denjin, PC Genjin and Schbibin Man 2.

US cover scans added (thanks to OceanBlueKirby) for Alien Crush, Legendary Axe, Legendary Axe II and Ninja Spirit.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2008, 06:50 AM**NEW FEATURE**
Game manuals often contain great artwork and now you can view a selection of them in PDF format. They range from around 1.5 MB to 2.5 MB so may take a short time to download on slow connections. More will be added over time.

Game manuals added: Dracula X, Gunbuster Vol 1, PC Denjin, PC Genjin and Schbibin Man 2.

US cover scans added (thanks to OceanBlueKirby) for Alien Crush, Legendary Axe, Legendary Axe II and Ninja Spirit.
Yay =D&gt;!

Is it just me, though, or is the Alien Crush cover a bit crooked (it looked straight to me in the scan ](*,)). I see that The Legendary Axe and The Legendary Axe II still have their "color errors", but I guess they weren't a big enough deal to affect the image :P. You done a great job patching up the crevices on Ninja Spirt 8).

If that's the case, then I might be able to scan the insides of US manuals for you. You are accepting US manuals for this, correct? There are some nice-looking drawings of the enemies for the back page of Dungeon Explorer.

What about the scans for the actual HuCards/TurboChips? Do you have plans for these sometime soon? I'd be more than happy to scan them (even their backside message) for you if you need them.

_Paul

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/13/2008, 11:14 AMYay =D&gt;!

Is it just me, though, or is the Alien Crush cover a bit crooked (it looked straight to me in the scan ](*,)). I see that The Legendary Axe and The Legendary Axe II still have their "color errors", but I guess they weren't a big enough deal to affect the image :P. You done a great job patching up the crevices on Ninja Spirt 8).

If that's the case, then I might be able to scan the insides of US manuals for you. You are accepting US manuals for this, correct? There are some nice-looking drawings of the enemies for the back page of Dungeon Explorer.

What about the scans for the actual HuCards/TurboChips? Do you have plans for these sometime soon? I'd be more than happy to scan them (even their backside message) for you if you need them.
I've double checked the Alien Crush cover and it is bang on straight, so it must be an optical illusion.

My priority in manuals is Japanese originals, but there is no reason that I couldn't add US alternatives as well. The scans for these need to be 150dpi, so I would suggest anyone else scan them at 300dpi and send them to me uncropped and untouched if possible (scanning as double page spreads except front and back covers which need to be individual).

I have in the past considered scanning both HuCARDs and CDs, but at the moment that's not something I will be adding soon as there are too many other gaps that I have to fill first.

NecroPhile

And a few more:

KAISER'S QUEST
    Typo - "Adventure mahjong game where you travel around a kingdom playing matches against various people."  <-- for consistency with other mahjong games.

KAISO CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 
    Typo - "The game is not completely linear, as you start off on a map screen..."
    Typo - "Each level is also presented as day or night, giving a limited sort of variety to them..."
    Typo - "NCS, at the time, was not one..."
    Typo - "Once a level's been completed..."

KAISO CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 2
    Typo - "...gameplay feels a lot faster than the original."
    Typo - "Graphically, Schbibin Man 2 is a lot better than its predecessor - sprites and backgrounds are cleaner, better shaded and and there are some lovely designs in places.
    Typo - "On paper, this game sounds like a winner."

KAISOU CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 3
    Typo - "...this one returns the close combat sword action from from the first game."

KAZE NO DENSETSU XANADU II
    Typo - "...aboard a ship in search of your friend, whose own ship (as shown in the intro) was attacked by dragon riders."

KUNG FU
    Typo - "...it gains a little more interest than it probably deserves."

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/13/2008, 05:31 PMAnd a few more:

KAISER'S QUEST
    Typo - "Adventure mahjong game where you travel around a kingdom playing matches against various people."  <-- for consistency with other mahjong games.

KAISO CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 
    Typo - "The game is not completely linear, as you start off on a map screen..."
    Typo - "Each level is also presented as day or night, giving a limited sort of variety to them..."
    Typo - "NCS, at the time, was not one..."
    Typo - "Once a level's been completed..."

KAISO CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 2
    Typo - "...gameplay feels a lot faster than the original."
    Typo - "Graphically, Schbibin Man 2 is a lot better than its predecessor - sprites and backgrounds are cleaner, better shaded and and there are some lovely designs in places.
    Typo - "On paper, this game sounds like a winner."

KAISOU CHOJIN SCHBIBIN MAN 3
    Typo - "...this one returns the close combat sword action from from the first game."

KAZE NO DENSETSU XANADU II
    Typo - "...aboard a ship in search of your friend, whose own ship (as shown in the intro) was attacked by dragon riders."

KUNG FU
    Typo - "...it gains a little more interest than it probably deserves."
On top of that, I've noticed something strange on the Yo, Bro entry. For the Maker information, it was put as "ICOM/CAMP CALIFORNIA." As I recalll, there isn't a developer by the name of Camp California, but it was a game that was made by the same company. If it was meant to be a reference to the other game, it's probably best to put it in the Overview in a sentence ("US made skateboarding action game from the creators of Camp California").

_Paul

Thank you NecroPhile.

As for the Yo, Bro issue, that confuses me too, however it is clearly stated on the title screen.

15671519-yo-bro-turbografx-16-start-up-screen.webp

_Paul

Screenshots added for Cal II, Emerald Dragon and Sword Master.

_Paul

Gameplay videos added: Blood Gear, Gain Ground SX, Godzilla, It Came From The Desert and Super Raiden.
Music added for Bikkuri Man World.
Game manuals added: Gomola Speed, PC Genjin 2, PC Genjin 3 and Splatterhouse.

OceanBlueKirby

Sunteam! I thought of a couple of more footages that I would like to see presented!

Now that you've gotten a gameplay video of Godzilla made, I would like to hear its soundtrack, also, if you're able to retain it on your own (seeing that the Toho Kingdom only lists the tracks for it, I wanted to hear the other music pieces, too).

I'm trying to write down all of the lyrics for It Came from the Desert's main theme, but had recently learned a full version of it plays during the credits. If you can, would you record the entire song within a PC Engine Music video, along with other tracks? It would be greatly appreciated.

_Paul

There are 2 tracks of the song on the disc, one is 1:07, the other is 2:27, which is the one used on the video I already did.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2008, 06:38 AMThere are 2 tracks of the song on the disc, one is 1:07, the other is 2:27, which is the one used on the video I already did.
OK, thanks for letting me know :). I guess all I need to do now for that is to correct any of the lyrics that I cannot understand properly. However, to make it complete, putting up the shortened version of the song can be helpful.

ikobo

This is probably a stupid question, but the resolution on all the screenshots is tremendous, how do you manage that? Even on scart RGB converted systems i can't get a display like that!

_Paul

Quote from: ikobo on 10/19/2008, 01:02 PMThis is probably a stupid question, but the resolution on all the screenshots is tremendous, how do you manage that? Even on scart RGB converted systems i can't get a display like that!
Magic Engine

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2008, 01:26 PM
Quote from: ikobo on 10/19/2008, 01:02 PMThis is probably a stupid question, but the resolution on all the screenshots is tremendous, how do you manage that? Even on scart RGB converted systems i can't get a display like that!
Magic Engine
HAHA!! I was also wondering about that before. My Duo was feeling inferior. lol  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Here's another handful o' fixes:

LEGENDARY AXE II
    Typo - "There are several types of weapons to collect..."

MAHJONG GAKUEN
    Typo - "Mah-jong with optional story mode."  <-- remove dash for consistency with others in genre.

MAHJONG VANILLA SYNDROME
    Typo - "Mah-Jong Vanilla Syndrome - The PC Engine Software Bible" (page title)  <-- remove dash for consistency with others in genre.

MAISON IKKOKU
    Typo - "...while trying to win the heart of the beautiful manager Kyoko."

MAKAI PRINCE DORABOCCHAN
    Index page link leads to old style page.

MAKYO DENSETSU 
    Typo - "Makyo Densetsu is a well produced, great looking and sounding game..."

MOMOTARŌ DENSETSU GAIDEN
    Typo - "Role-playing game where you get to choose..."  <--add dash for consistency with others in genre.
    External Links - The Story of Momotarō leads to a secure site (username and password required).

MYSTIC FORMULA
    I suggest explaining that Elemental Master is on the Genesis for those not familiar with the game.  If so inclined, you could also add an External Link to a review of Elemental Master (here's one and here's another).

_Paul

NecroPhile

Here's a quick 'un:

MAKAI PRINCE DORABOCCHAN 
    Why not try... Doraemon - Nobita's Dorabian Night is mistakenly linked to Download 2.

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/28/2008, 04:43 PMHere's a quick 'un:

MAKAI PRINCE DORABOCCHAN 
    Why not try... Doraemon - Nobita's Dorabian Night is mistakenly linked to Download 2.
Ah, you spotted the trick link to see if you were paying attention  :-"

OceanBlueKirby

I've been thinking a little bit lately: since you've done a soundtrack for The Legendary Axe II, would you be able to upload the music for The Legendary Axe, also. I'm planning on getting to this game sometime soon, as I've been curious of what its other tracks sound like.

I've been listening to some of the music pieces of Splatterhouse last night, also. I was wondering if you'll be able to put up tracks for the PC Engine game also (would be good to put up for Halloween, also :wink:).

_Paul

Splatterhouse is doable, just not in time for Halloween. Unless I can find a music rip or sound test for Legendary Axe, that is less likely to happen, which is a shame as it's really nice music.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2008, 01:29 PMUnless I can find a music rip or sound test for Legendary Axe, that is less likely to happen, which is a shame as it's really nice music.
Try ParanoiaDragon's thread (clickery).

_Paul

Music added for Battle Lode Runner and Splatterhouse.

_Paul

Music added for Bloody Wolf.

_Paul

Music added for Kyūkyoku Tiger, R-Type I, Schbibin Man, Super Star Soldier and Tatsujin.