@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PCE Software Bible updates

Started by _Paul, 06/11/2006, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Faussete Amour, Golden Axe and Star Parodier.

CrackTiger

Quote from: sunteam_paulGameplay video added: Faussete Amour, Golden Axe and Star Parodier.
Wow, I never realised that Faussete Amour was so slow. I like the Bionic Commando gameplay though. The transparent water effect looks very cool with the nice gradient in the sky being revealed. The graphics look a lot better than I've been led to believe from the few available screenshots online. It looks like fun and that it would make a great game with tighter(from what I've heard) gameplay.

Thanks a lot for the video!  :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Haha, yeah Fausette Armour looks ridiculously slow. I totally wasn't aware of the Bionic Commando-style hook though so that makes me pretty interested in the game now. I also love how her armour comes off when she gets hit. As slow as it is, it looks like a pretty fun game overall.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

_Paul

I need to put some time into it to make a proper judgement, but it's pretty good. It can be frustrating if you try to rush it as you end up dying if you're not looking where you're going. I didn't capture her spin jump on the vid unfortunately, that's a handy little move and gets you up platforms a bit quicker.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Battle Ace, Barunba, Dragon Half, Forgotten Worlds & Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Final Soldier and Salamander.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "sunteam_paul"Gameplay video added: Battle Ace, Barunba, Dragon Half, Forgotten Worlds & Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.

Dragon Half actually looks pretty cool. I was alawys turned off, because the idea of trying a japanese board game is intimidating. If it were in english, I'd fire it up right now.

Barumba is yet another game I've always meant to play(like Ordyne) but always forget to. The graphics look way better than I expected. It also appears that Barumba is another VHD shooter that predates Lords Of Thunder by years.  :P

Salamander looks as good as I hoped it would. Life Force is one of my favorite NES games and was one of the very first games I bought brand new on my own. I got the HuCard like 7 years ago, but have never had the discipline to play through farther than my first death.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Final Blaster and Jackie Chan.

TurboXray

Sunteam_paul,

Are your videos recorded from a real PCE system? If so are they in PAL format(system mod)?

_Paul

Quote from: "Bonknuts"Sunteam_paul,

Are your videos recorded from a real PCE system? If so are they in PAL format(system mod)?

Emu+Fraps for best quality.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Genpeitomaden 2, Shinobi & Splatterhouse.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Cyber Core, Legend of Hero Tonma, Power Drift & 21 Emon.

_Paul

Gameplay video added for Blue Blink, Dai Sen Pu, Digital Champ, F-1 Circus '92, Granzort, Ninja Spirit, Operation Wolf and Tatsujin.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: The Kung Fu.

_Paul

Gameplay video added: Super Star Soldier.

_Paul

Second Opinions added for Double Dragon II and Fiend Hunter.

Also, a little fluff added to the home page because of the special year it is.

M1Savage

Love the 20 year gif! Nice job as always.  =D>

Keranu

That GIF is awesome, very good idea.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

KungFuKid

Sunteam, your site is actually where I got most of my basic info on a lot of games when I was looking to build a PCE collection - that and Universo PCEngine, your site has a great database and universo has some great reviews! I have written quite a few reviews for sega8bit and might do some for the PCE at some point, what sites do you know that accept game reviews? (if you wanna check out any of my sega reviews just go to sega8bit.com).

Odonadon

Quote from: kungfukid on 01/15/2007, 03:20 PMSunteam, your site is actually where I got most of my basic info on a lot of games when I was looking to build a PCE collection - that and Universo PCEngine, your site has a great database and universo has some great reviews! I have written quite a few reviews for sega8bit and might do some for the PCE at some point, what sites do you know that accept game reviews? (if you wanna check out any of my sega reviews just go to sega8bit.com).
Sunteam's site does, and so does Turbo2k (mine): http://www.turbo2k.net

OD

_Paul

Quote from: Odonadon on 01/15/2007, 04:11 PM
Quote from: kungfukid on 01/15/2007, 03:20 PMSunteam, your site is actually where I got most of my basic info on a lot of games when I was looking to build a PCE collection - that and Universo PCEngine, your site has a great database and universo has some great reviews! I have written quite a few reviews for sega8bit and might do some for the PCE at some point, what sites do you know that accept game reviews? (if you wanna check out any of my sega reviews just go to sega8bit.com).
Sunteam's site does, and so does Turbo2k (mine): http://www.turbo2k.net

OD
Yup we all accept reviews gladly.

KungFuKid

Cool, well I'll definately do a couple, but I'll prob have to wait a couple of weeks 'til I get time, am in the middle of some pretty hard exams right now!

_Paul

Gameplay Video added: Mizbak's Adventure (Liquid Kids)

_Paul

Gameplay Video added: Macross 2036.

_Paul

FYI: Updates are now on hold for AT LEAST 6 months (possibly more) while the whole site gets a complete remake. It'll be worth the wait, I'm putting an extraordinary amount of love into each and every page. I just hope to finish it this decade   :?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/11/2007, 03:36 PMFYI: Updates are now on hold for AT LEAST 6 months (possibly more) while the whole site gets a complete remake. It'll be worth the wait, I'm putting an extraordinary amount of love into each and every page. I just hope to finish it this decade   :?
GOOD LUCK :).

If I interpret things correctly, you're hoping to unveil the upgraded site in 6 months? Awesome :). Do you think you'll still have time to do the pce podcast?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Quote from: stevek666 on 02/14/2007, 04:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/11/2007, 03:36 PMFYI: Updates are now on hold for AT LEAST 6 months (possibly more) while the whole site gets a complete remake. It'll be worth the wait, I'm putting an extraordinary amount of love into each and every page. I just hope to finish it this decade   :?

If I interpret things correctly, you're hoping to unveil the upgraded site in 6 months? Awesome :). Do you think you'll still have time to do the pce podcast?
I'll finish it first before I upload it. I think 6 months is probably underestimating the time it will take actually. Erm when you consider there are almost 600 games listed the chances of me doing 2 games a day, every day until then are a little remote. Of course some days I can get through 3 or 4, a weekend quite a few, but with looming MMORPGs I'm unlikely to keep up the speed for that long.
The podcast will continue as planned, at least for most of the year (undecided if I will still be doing it next year).

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2007, 01:19 PM
Quote from: stevek666 on 02/14/2007, 04:47 PM

I'll finish it first before I upload it. I think 6 months is probably underestimating the time it will take actually. Erm when you consider there are almost 600 games listed the chances of me doing 2 games a day, every day until then are a little remote. Of course some days I can get through 3 or 4, a weekend quite a few, but with looming MMORPGs I'm unlikely to keep up the speed for that long.
The podcast will continue as planned, at least for most of the year (undecided if I will still be doing it next year).
Indeed. Good luck and have fun :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

I've created one of those Live Space thingies now for the Software Bible, with the intent on supplying information regarding the update status of the site. It also allows me to ramble on and on blogstyle about stuff, cry about all the work to do and cover scans I still need and have pictures of PCE games fading in and out which is always nice. If anyone is reeeealy bored they may want to take a look here: http://peelfruit.spaces.live.com/

And if you don't use the guestbook I'll feel lonely. :cry:

_Paul

SignOfZeta

This is very nice!

Please though, don't ever re-design your site again. To the average user, seeing their favorite sites being re-designed just means months and months of no visible updates or in many cases total down time. Also, you never know when the site owner is going to just decide it wasn't worth it and just give up on the site all together because the redesign turned out to be a bigger job than originally though.

So, like I said, I love it. Now don't ever change it again!  :wink:
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/01/2008, 02:30 PMThis is very nice!

Please though, don't ever re-design your site again. To the average user, seeing their favorite sites being re-designed just means months and months of no visible updates or in many cases total down time. Also, you never know when the site owner is going to just decide it wasn't worth it and just give up on the site all together because the redesign turned out to be a bigger job than originally though.

So, like I said, I love it. Now don't ever change it again!  :wink:
Firstly I will never, ever give up on the site  :) It's consumed over 10 years of my life in various forms and it's my little baby.

Second, I don't think I'll ever do a major redesign again. This one was essential to convert the crappy on format constructed using layers in a really old version of Dreamweaver to something that is far easier for me to update and far less likely to foul up in different browsers. So there's no need to worry!  :wink:

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2008, 01:56 PMYou might want to look at the thread below this one  :-"
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2008, 01:35 PM*ahem*
Thanks for helping me out a bit, Sunteam_Paul. I have responded to your previous comment to me on your video about some of my thoughts on the new website. I'll kinda miss the old design now that I've browsed around the website a bit more, but I hope that the further enhancements to this design will improve it to an even greater deal. My only major complaints are the lack of the Omake section (currently), and the External Links for the games (though I see that some of them may present more information on signifcant objects in them, I, personally, wouldn't highly trust Wikipedia to be a good source to present accurate information on any items, though it is an ultimate one in this sense; Though it has  much the same information presented as it, I prefer the website Answers.com as an Internet encyclopedia, mostly due to the interface). Other than that, I'm glad that you've gotten the update going at last.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

_Paul

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/01/2008, 03:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2008, 01:56 PMYou might want to look at the thread below this one  :-"
Thanks for helping me out a bit, Sunteam_Paul. I have responded to your previous comment to me on your video about some of my thoughts on the new website. I'll kinda miss the old design now that I've browsed around the website a bit more, but I hope that the further enhancements to this design will improve it to an even greater deal. My only major complaints are the lack of the Omake section (currently), and the External Links for the games (though I see that some of them may present more information on signifcant objects in them, I, personally, wouldn't highly trust Wikipedia to be a good source to present accurate information on any items, though it is an ultimate one in this sense; Though it has  much the same information presented as it, I prefer the website Answers.com as an Internet encyclopedia, mostly due to the interface). Other than that, I'm glad that you've gotten the update going at last.
The Omake section is gone for good now. With the aim of having many of those 'omake' features as standard for game entries as I add to the site, the section becomes pretty much redundant as time goes on. There seems little point in relisting every game that has a video (which you can get to via YouTube anyway) or a game cover scan. Best to just look up the games you are interested in and see what is there.

There are two features of the external links. The first is to supply outside information related to the game, such as fan sites etc. The second (and this is particularly relevant for those swarms of games with no specific websites for them) is for me to just be a bit random by creating some very tenuous links to something completely different. Strangely enough, while looking for many of these I've found a lot of interesting sites, so it's worth giving some of them a look.

Regarding Wikipedia, it's very fashionable to poo-poo it as a source of completely innacurate information. But it's the most well known site of its type and it does contain a lot of truthful information within it. It's up to the user whether they wish to use it or not, I decided it's better to give them that choice than to leave it off completely.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2008, 04:19 PM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/01/2008, 03:45 PM
The Omake section is gone for good now. With the aim of having many of those 'omake' features as standard for game entries as I add to the site, the section becomes pretty much redundant as time goes on. There seems little point in relisting every game that has a video (which you can get to via YouTube anyway) or a game cover scan. Best to just look up the games you are interested in and see what is there.

There are two features of the external links. The first is to supply outside information related to the game, such as fan sites etc. The second (and this is particularly relevant for those swarms of games with no specific websites for them) is for me to just be a bit random by creating some very tenuous links to something completely different. Strangely enough, while looking for many of these I've found a lot of interesting sites, so it's worth giving some of them a look.

Regarding Wikipedia, it's very fashionable to poo-poo it as a source of completely innacurate information. But it's the most well known site of its type and it does contain a lot of truthful information within it. It's up to the user whether they wish to use it or not, I decided it's better to give them that choice than to leave it off completely.
I see. That was my favorite section of the website, and I went there often to listen to a few tunes from the games (even with an echo effect in the HuCard music) or look at their photos. At least the music videos from YouTube have been put up on there.

I am aware that Wikipedia can have correct information, and I won't try to stop anyone from using it as a source, but as its entries can be written by anyone, I often try to avoid it for reading about certain objects. Therefore, I'll just completely ignore it on your website; at least it's not featured on every page, anyway.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

_Paul

Can anyone let me know if they get any glitches with the display on the homepage? If so, which OS/Browser are you using and what is the glitch.

Thanks

Ceti Alpha

Looks great!! I love the HuCARD theme.  =D>
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Lookin' good and I love the 'secret' page.  :lol:

Quote from: guest on 08/30/2007, 02:25 PMAnd if you don't use the guestbook I'll feel lonely. :cry:
I'd comment if I could, but Microsoft doesn't like me.  That disc that MACCASPAN is talking about is indeed a CD+G; it was a pack in with the TG-CD.  :wink:

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/02/2008, 11:23 AMLookin' good and I love the 'secret' page.  :lol:

Quote from: guest on 08/30/2007, 02:25 PMAnd if you don't use the guestbook I'll feel lonely. :cry:
I'd comment if I could, but Microsoft doesn't like me.  That disc that MACCASPAN is talking about is indeed a CD+G; it was a pack in with the TG-CD.  :wink:
Now the update is done I wouldn't worry because that space won't be looked at probably forever again :)

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2008, 03:30 AMCan anyone let me know if they get any glitches with the display on the homepage? If so, which OS/Browser are you using and what is the glitch.

Thanks
From the links possible to get to it, I still had the older homepage appearing oftentimes (though this can be fixed by clicking the "HOME" button on it). I use Internet Explorer 7.0 for the computers, which AOL 9.1 is used for the Gateway 560GE model and AOL Desktop 10.0 is used for the Sony VIAO NR Series notebook (the Wii browser has yet to be tested).

I have also noted a few other issues that occurred within the website:

When trying to access the links from the "Why not try..." section from Bonk's Revenge, the pages were unable to be found with the exception of Bonk's Adventure. The pages themselves work fine, and the links to the rest of the games work just fine, also.

On the Bari Bari Densetsu page, tires is spelled as "tyres" in the "Overview" section. I'm not sure if this is just an English language variant (such as the English Added U (favourite) and the Switched Around Ending R and E (metre)), but I thought it would be needed to point this factor out.

On the Dragon Spirit page, the link to see a larger version of the Japanese cover art is unable to found.

This may not be a problem relating to your website, but the link to see the dragon pictures that is found for the "External Links" for Dragon Spirit and Dragon Knight II are unable to be found. The Famous Dragons link for Dragon Knight III was not located in the website itself (it's a shame, too; I was excited to view these pages :|).

I'll let you know of any more problems that I encounter from the website.

_Paul

Thank you for those reports! I'll take a look at them this evening.

_Paul

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/03/2008, 01:44 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2008, 03:30 AMCan anyone let me know if they get any glitches with the display on the homepage? If so, which OS/Browser are you using and what is the glitch.

Thanks
From the links possible to get to it, I still had the older homepage appearing oftentimes (though this can be fixed by clicking the "HOME" button on it). I use Internet Explorer 7.0 for the computers, which AOL 9.1 is used for the Gateway 560GE model and AOL Desktop 10.0 is used for the Sony VIAO NR Series notebook (the Wii browser has yet to be tested).

When trying to access the links from the "Why not try..." section from Bonk's Revenge, the pages were unable to be found with the exception of Bonk's Adventure. The pages themselves work fine, and the links to the rest of the games work just fine, also.

On the Bari Bari Densetsu page, tires is spelled as "tyres" in the "Overview" section. I'm not sure if this is just an English language variant (such as the English Added U (favourite) and the Switched Around Ending R and E (metre)), but I thought it would be needed to point this factor out.

On the Dragon Spirit page, the link to see a larger version of the Japanese cover art is unable to found.

This may not be a problem relating to your website, but the link to see the dragon pictures that is found for the "External Links" for Dragon Spirit and Dragon Knight II are unable to be found. The Famous Dragons link for Dragon Knight III was not located in the website itself (it's a shame, too; I was excited to view these pages :|).

The old home pagef appearing has to be an issue with your browser's cache as it doesn't physically exist on the server any more (deleting temporary internet files should solve this).

The PC Genjin 2 link problem has been fixed. Some strange Dreamweaver bug it seems caused that.

Tyres is the British spelling, yes :)

The Dragon Spirit cover works for me, it may have been a temporary glitch.

The two external links have been changed as it seems those other sites are broke/not working properly. I guess I can expect a few of these considering how long this has taken me.

Thanks again for letting me know, and keep reporting any issues. I appoint you as my website's little guardian angel  O:)

Edit: Mini site update! Favicon added  :D

_Paul

Site updated!

Added gameplay videos of Genocide, Nexzr, Override, Psychic Storm, Time Cruise II, Turrican and Wataru.

jboypacman

Loving the updated site! Just awesome. :D

_Paul

Site updated.

Rated and expanded overview and comments for Operation Wolf. Gameplay videos added for Darius Plus, Dead Moon, Kyūkyoku Tiger and Legend of Dekoboko.

Digi.k

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2008, 12:17 PM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/03/2008, 01:44 AM

Thanks

The old home pagef appearing has to be an issue with your browser's cache as it doesn't physically exist on the server any more (deleting temporary internet files should solve this).

The PC Genjin 2 link problem has been fixed. Some strange Dreamweaver bug it seems caused that.

Tyres is the British spelling, yes :)

The Dragon Spirit cover works for me, it may have been a temporary glitch.

The two external links have been changed as it seems those other sites are broke/not working properly. I guess I can expect a few of these considering how long this has taken me.

Thanks again for letting me know, and keep reporting any issues. I appoint you as my website's little guardian angel  O:)

Edit: Mini site update! Favicon added  :D
Thanks a lot, and you're welcome :). The current home page has been appearing more often now, and The Dragon Spirit cover art had been working for since I tried it after addressing the problem.

I have found that the screenshots submitted by Glenn Percival for the unreleased Fantasy Star Soldier are unable to be found. It's a severe circumstance since they are perhaps the only type of information that can for this US version of Star Parodier.

I'm not sure if you've meant to do the linking in the current way or not, but shouldn't the "Ys III Shrine" website be linked from Ys III: Wanderers From Ys, and the "Legacy of Ys" site under Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys? This just requires a simple switcharound, but I feel it would be best suitable for the two games.

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2008, 03:52 PMSite updated.

Rated and expanded overview and comments for Operation Wolf. Gameplay videos added for Darius Plus, Dead Moon, Kyūkyoku Tiger and Legend of Dekoboko.
You've already uploaded an extended version of the Darius Plus video that you have uploaded today over a year ago, just to inform you (the machine level portion of the original gameplay collection was missing in the newer one).  It may be needed that the newer one would have to be removed, for the sake of convienience.

NecroPhile

Minor missing word in Dead of the Brain's description:

"Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 are conversions of digital comics"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Where would I be without you guys!

Fixed the Fantasy Star Soldier screenshots.
Swapped the Ys links over.
Deleted the new Darius Plus video...my memory must be going, it's old age you know  :P
Fixed the typo in Dead of the Brain (really need to get round to screenshotting that game soon)
Added Kirby to my 'thanks' list  :D

Thanks again.

Oh, if anyone has any preference for particular gameplay videos they'd like to before others, let me know.*

*No Mahjong games!

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/05/2008, 01:05 PMWhere would I be without you guys!

Fixed the Fantasy Star Soldier screenshots.
Swapped the Ys links over.
Deleted the new Darius Plus video...my memory must be going, it's old age you know  :P
Fixed the typo in Dead of the Brain (really need to get round to screenshotting that game soon)
Added Kirby to my 'thanks' list  :D

Thanks again.

Oh, if anyone has any preference for particular gameplay videos they'd like to before others, let me know.*

*No Mahjong games!
THANKS :D :D :D! I was wondering if I helped out enough to make significance in contributing to the site (I thought an item needed to be submitted in directly to it for that, such as information or a review). If you ever need to double-check to see if you have a YouTube video of a game already, you can always use the search feature on your "Videos" section, or look through the ones put up already on your own.

I would like to see the gameplay videos for the Bomberman games (maybe Bomberman Panic, as well) that were released for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16. If music sample videos can be requested, too, I'd like to see the ones for the Bonk series, Star Parodier, Super Darius, and Turrican.