OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

All in one Turbo-to-PCE converter (and vice-versa)

Started by Joe Redifer, 10/03/2014, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

I'm not sure where to put this so if this is in a wrong place maybe a mod could move it to where it needs to be.

Anyway this will let you play PCE games on your Turbo and Turbo games on your PCE.

PC-Henshin Turbo

NecroPhile

Heh, you being a smart ass?  I'll move it out of the mod sub-forum.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

thesteve

jtucci31

At first i thought he couldn't pronounce the name, then i realized the thing IS called a PC-Henshin  #-o

PikachuWarrior

I would get this if the green pcb didn't stick out of the console. Is there a way to make it flush?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/03/2014, 11:43 PMI would get this if the green pcb didn't stick out of the console. Is there a way to make it flush?
No.

db-electronics

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/03/2014, 11:43 PMI would get this if the green pcb didn't stick out of the console. Is there a way to make it flush?
We need to fit two HuCard-sized objects in there for this to work - first the converter and second the game. It's not really feasible to stack them vertically perfectly because then the converter would be EXTREMELY tall in order to clear the console. Therfore, it has to stick out of the console.
https://castlemaniagames.com/
What does db stand for? Well that's an excellent question...

thesteve

Joe Redifer

I don't know why you'd want to use more expensive US System Cards on a Japanese system, but I see no reason why JP System Cards wouldn't work on a US system.

ishiyakazuo

I'd have tested it on System Cards but my CD-ROM2 is broken :(  I'm trying to decide what to do to rectify this situation.
The "Turbo" version of the PC Henshin converter works both ways (TG16 games on PCE, and PCE games on TG16), but if you've got a TG16, just buy the passive edition that db is selling already.  The latest one is designed to work with System Cards (removes the fancy switch that interfered).

ishiyakazuo

I agree with db on this one.  You can do it, but it'd suck.
Some existing converters have you stick the HuCard's contacts into a connector, which then bends around and you've got all sorts of crazy vias (the things you see on circuit boards when signals go from one layer to the other) and crap everywhere to deal with.  And even then, they aren't flush with the front of the console (they still stick out a bit, because the HuCard on top needs to have somewhere to go).
One thing you *could* do is, if you don't have a CD-ROM unit attached to the TG16 or PCE, all of the HuCard's signals exist on the back of the unit, so in theory you COULD put a second HuCard slot dedicated to the other console back there.  But that would be kinda silly.
... The "no" you got from esteban is looking really good right now, but really, there are many ways to skin a cat.

esteban

All design is a compromise between practical design (for reliability), physical constraints, and aesthetics....

Without mods, The HuCARD slot is a physical constraint, no matter which way you slice it.

I think PC-Henshin is an elegant solution, given the constraints. TAKE THE DAMN THING OUT WHEN YOU ARE NOT PLAYING A GAME. You should be doing that anyway (removing HuCARD from slot). I don't see why it is a problem to have a slightly ugly converter whilst playing.  :pcgs:

ishiyakazuo

The only time I could see it being a problem is if you have your unit in an entertainment center with doors on it (with room to get a controller cable out), but the door would hit the adapter/HuCard.  Actually, as you can see in those photos, my entertainment center is pretty well full, but the PC Engine has its own shelf, so it can sit back as far as it needs to. ;)

vincentp98

hi
on your shop i just see the pc henshin not the turbo version, is that the same ?