OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Glossy Duo?

Started by Ninja16608, 11/21/2014, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

null, those look rare.

NecroPhile

The best part about this supposed proof is that it corroborates what we've been saying all along: it's been painted after the fact.  Whether it was painted by some guy in TTi's marketing department (and it would've had to have been TTi and not NEC, genius) or it was painted by madboom doesn't matter; either way, it's just a paint job, not a factory hardware revision.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Honestly?

I looks like it got sprayed with a layer of clear coat or something.

Well.......so long as it plays TG games it gets a shiny pass.

Ninja16608

Hey nully, you have spare set I could get from ya? In either case like I said, I knew nothing of it at the start. I have had people tell me its was done after the fact (which I tended to believe until another told me it was a promo give away thing that never came to light) and it was made clear that he worked as a publisher and was in the office when they came back and they were offered to him. So I wanted to dig deeper. I like most of you I did not work for NEC/TTI or any other entity so we really have no clue. Unless the one who did the job or the person who gave the info comes out and says otherwise I guess the world will never know.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 02/10/2015, 12:24 PMI like most of you I did not work for NEC/TTI or any other entity so we really have no clue.
Thats where you are wrong. Like I said, many of us old timers here including Nanto, who owns this website, have had conversations with Nec/TTi employees at one point in our lives, either verbally over the phone, by stopping into TZD in California, or via email correspondence. This thing is clearly bullshit. Some guy just took a system apart and waxed or clear coated the shell to give it a gloss and stuck it back together. People have been doing this to game systems for the past few years now There is nothing further to discuss on the matter. As for this guy who told you its real, drop some legit name already and quit quoting some mysterious resource, or gtfo. It just makes you look more fake then ever. And also, the Duo looks ugly as fuck all. Mirror finishes do not always = better.

SignOfZeta

My God you are an idiot.

Given the lack of any hard facts on either side, we are left with logic, and nothing about this story of yours is logical. Why would they do it? Why would they do it in such a half ass way? Why do your photos sucks so bad? Only someone even stupider than you would buy this story.

It's so lazy! Remember Super China Warrior? That shit actually had me going for a minute. This stuff is just ghetto and lame. You couldn't even be bothered to use a real can of paint, just clear. You couldn't bother to take the unit apart and paint it properly.

I promise you, we *are* stupid enough to fall for a decent scam, but this isn't it! This is just more trailer park capitalism.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/10/2015, 01:35 PMIn other news
I want one of these big flying melons, too. Or whatever they are, they're gorgeous.

esteban

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 02/10/2015, 10:03 AMLike I keep telling you clowns, it's not my story. I am simply repeating what was told to me. You guys fully fall under mob mentality, hahaha guess this would make me much smarter than most here since you all have nothing to back your story, nor do I, but you clowns huh you clowns are really in a league all your own :-) Stupidity runs deep here because even the title of the thread suggest a question or did we loose sight of that too...let me see ...yup sure did when one fool turns the key on the band wagon every one jumps on. I was not the one who fired the first shot here unless trying to find the truth of the matter is an attack? O digging deeper and finding something that no one would believe anyhow. You may have had friends that worked there but NEC is a pretty large company and no one person other then the CEO or his guys might know whats going on in all aspects of the company. Once the flood gates open I guess ignorance flows free here. Sad sad day in the turbo collectors world.  :|
Comrade, there are many, many unverifiable stories that are presented as fact.

We have witnessed many stories turn out to be fanciful tales, with no basis in reality.

You cannot possibly expect the average forum member to swallow your story.

Until more convincing evidence is presented, we are filing this anecdote under "uninspired and unconvincing".

I would love to file it under "verified fact", but I suspect we will be waiting a long, long time for that...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

IMG

Sarumaru

PCEngineHell

Ninja16608

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/10/2015, 01:24 PMI promise you, we *are* stupid enough to fall for a decent scam, but this isn't it! This is just more trailer park capitalism.
Capitalism would imply I was trying to sell this thing, I am not, and  I can see why the person who said this info to would not want to come forward, did you think I didn't realize saying he wont come forward would look worse, of course it does. I did not paint it as I do not have the skill to paint stuff like this much less my own walls at home. I wasn't trying to pass anything off as anything, or scam anyone. The pictures are bad and I will put up some new ones taken out in sun light if anyone wants a closer look at it. As I said before I don't give two shits if it was NEC/TTI or some shumck in a paint booth with a steady hand. I just thought it was neat because I have never seen one like it. Sue me for asking, and no I wasn't hell bent on it being "rare/unique" item I just have more of an open mind than most I guess. You are free to continue poking fun and insulting all you like, unfortunate for the masses I don't get riled up over such silly things, life has much more important matters to attend to. No this was not an attempt to get everyone going but it seems that happened anyway. Unwind your panties and everyone breath, we can close the glossy duo? chapter.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 02/11/2015, 04:39 AMThe pictures are bad and I will put up some new ones taken out in sun light if anyone wants a closer look at it.
Please do. Also..please.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 02/11/2015, 04:39 AM... unfortunate for the masses I don't get riled up over such silly things...
If you say this enough times, maybe it'll come true and you won't need to go off on tirades of personal insults against everyone.  :lol:

SignOfZeta

IMG

mitsuman

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 02/11/2015, 10:01 AMThis thread is like that movie groundhog day.  Every morning I wake up, open my browser, and the exact same series of posts from the exact same people are here.
Lol! Almost every day ninja will do a post with "..it's not my story. I am simply repeating what was told to me..." followed by an excuse or story or insult!

This thread is McDonalds and I'm Luvin it!

IMG

Sarumaru

This thread... so inspiring~

IMG

esteban

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

CGQuarterly

Why are you guys still feeding this troll?

Sarumaru

CGQuarterly

Fair enough, then.  As you were.

Gentlegamer

If I were more talented, I would make a Johnny Turbo comic where he stops FEKA goons from selling kids fake glossy Turbo Duos.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Bernie

Wouldn't it be some shit if there really did turn out to be some weird sort of variation like this?  I mean, look at the clam shell rental cases.  I am just wondering, if it could be possible that something like this was made right during the Duo's last days in production.  Hell, I dunno.  Would be cool if it actually turned out to be a true variation.  Be better if the source would come forward though..  :(  I don't think the OP is lying about buying it this way, I just want to know where the info is coming from.

NecroPhile

It's a slim possibility, Bernie, but the odds are astronomically against it.

bob

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/09/2015, 07:27 PMInteresting. I wonder if there were any pirate Duos out there...
I'm wondering if this is on to something?  The "NFC" is really throwing me.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 02/11/2015, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/09/2015, 07:27 PMInteresting. I wonder if there were any pirate Duos out there...
I'm wondering if this is on to something?  The "NFC" is really throwing me.
It's not NFC.

IT IS NEC.

Things happen during printing (and later, handling) of an item.

Scrape off the Hostess Cupcake icing and you'll see it is NEC.

NecroPhile

Are you saying Madden isn't a special format, the world's one and only Super D-ROM2 title?

esteban