My PC Engine Arts!

Started by Sarumaru, 01/12/2015, 02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarumaru

So here are a bunch of my PC Engine related artworks through out the years. Some good, some crap but here they are :P In any case, I'll be doing lots of other PCE/turbo related art stuffs and thought I'd Make a thread here tp show you folks from time to time. Also giving a couple games away, scroll down for the details~

chibi_takeuchi_yuka_by_sarumaru-d8aptxr.jpg
wataruportrait_by_sarumaru-d7hkv3o.png
Valis___a_phantasm_cutie_by_Sarumaru.jpg
Yuka_Takeuchi_Kikkoudan_by_Sarumaru.jpg
shubibinman_neo__by_sarumaru-d7hkx43.jpg
KUNIO_by_Sarumaru.png
Asuka_Honda_by_Sarumaru.jpg
asuka_120__burning_fest__a_tamaki_soft_portrait_by_sarumaru-d7hkr7a.jpg
Adol_by_Sarumaru.jpg
YsPic2.jpg
adol-sprite_edit.png
adolbluSML.jpg

So anyway, I'm giving away a copy of Tengai Makyou Kabuki and Heavy unit (loose) to whoever can guess first what all the characters names in this post are (most of their names are already on em but watevs). but yeah, I got some designs I'll be puttin' on to some tees here soon that I'll be showing y'all. Thanks for stopping by  :D

Saru-PCEgiveaway_01.jpg

NightWolve

Good luck to the participants for this!

+1 to you for the prizes.

HailingTheThings

Nice art, guy. Keep it up, guy. Guys will be impressed, guy. Guy.

#SeriouslyNiceStuffThough
IMG

Ayce

I don't know the name of most of them, but wanted to point out my favorite out of the bunch. The style you went with for this one is out of the norm and is beautiful.

asuka_120__burning_fest__a_tamaki_soft_portrait_by_sarumaru-d7hkr7a.jpg

Sarumaru

Quote from: Ayce on 01/12/2015, 08:46 AMI don't know the name of most of them, but wanted to point out my favorite out of the bunch. The style you went with for this one is out of the norm and is beautiful.
Thanks man! This character is from Asuka 120% Burning Fest Maxima, an all-female fighting game on the PCE.

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/12/2015, 06:22 AMNice art, guy. Keep it up, guy. Guys will be impressed, guy. Guy.

#SeriouslyNiceStuffThough
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/12/2015, 03:03 AMGood luck to the participants for this!

+1 to you for the prizes.
THANKS GUISE!

esteban

Nice. :)

Your rendition of Yuko is much better than my failed attempt (never will be shown to public!)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: esteban on 01/12/2015, 05:06 PMNice. :)

Your rendition of Yuko is much better than my failed attempt (never will be shown to public!)
I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? u sho me nao

esteban

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/12/2015, 07:10 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/12/2015, 05:06 PMNice. :)

I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? u sho me nao
It's embarrassing. Maybe later.

roflmao

NightWolve

And no takers yet on the prizes ??

C'mon, somebody must be here that wants those games and can rise to his trivia challenge!

I already have the CD, and Turbo Everdrive, the one flashcart to rule them all, so am not interested in the HuCard much either.

ParanoiaDragon

I'm interested in the free sh!t, as my yard needs some good quality fertilizer!!  I have both of the free things, so, no point in my giving my answers.
IMG

Sarumaru

An old Adol sketch... it's mostly crap but it was PCE stuffs, so yeah..

Adol-old_sketch.jpg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/25/2015, 04:14 AMAn old Adol sketch... it's mostly crap but it was PCE stuffs, so yeah..
Nah, tis good.
IMG

Sarumaru

Thanks Hails. This next art is something that I recently drew that I'm quite fond of. It's BEWNKZ!!

BONK-smpl1.jpg

I'm putting this on a shirt :)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/25/2015, 04:14 AMAn old Adol sketch... it's mostly crap but it was PCE stuffs, so yeah..

Adol-old_sketch.jpg
Dude, that's freaking awesome.  You got the pants perfect, I've been having trouble with that in my Kagekiyo paintings I'll never finish...damn pants...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NightWolve

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/25/2015, 11:59 PMThanks Hails. This next art is something that I recently drew that I'm quite fond of. It's BEWNKZ!!

BONK-smpl1.jpg

Nice job! Great re-imagining and capturing of Bonk marketing inside/outside of the game, etc. That could've been a professional flyer/whatever.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/25/2015, 11:59 PMThanks Hails. This next art is something that I recently drew that I'm quite fond of. It's BEWNKZ!!

BONK-smpl1.jpg

Damn and another one. Feel like this would be a great cover for an HD remake that'll never happen.
IMG

Sarumaru

Thanks for the compliments duders. And Hailing, here's your REMAKE:
This makes me very sad.....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/26/2015, 02:15 AMThanks for the compliments duders. And Hailing, here's your REMAKE:
This makes me very sad.....
Oh, I'm aware. Sad shit. Seemed like it would have been decent.

I was more talking about a straight up remake of the original game. I think Bonk BOE was another sequel or something?
IMG

Sarumaru

Yeah, that XBLA game is straight up we-ge kuso-ge garbage. Bonks needs the Wayforward treatment.

NecroPhile

Bonk nipple..... I could've gone my whole life without seeing that.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2015, 01:58 PMBonk nipple..... I could've gone my whole life without seeing that.
Hey, better than Bonk wieners.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2015, 01:58 PMBonk nipple..... I could've gone my whole life without seeing that.
At least it's not a hairy nipple.

Sarumaru, please draw Bonk as and old, hateful man. With hairy nipples 'n' pits.

Thank you.

Sarumaru

Quote from: esteban on 01/26/2015, 07:05 PM
At least it's not a hairy nipple.

Sarumaru, please draw Bonk as and old, hateful man. With hairy nipples 'n' pits.

Thank you.
With a super hairy nipple. Just one! And then NecroPhile has to make it his avatar.

Sarumaru

Some wearable Obey I made a few minutes ago.

IMG

cr8zykuban0

I have no clue where those characters are from but man, you got some skills!!!! amazing work

Sarumaru

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/04/2015, 02:32 PMI have no clue where those characters are from but man, you got some skills!!!! amazing work
Haha, that's just my banner, I was showing off the buttons!

Thanks man. :)

Medic_wheat

PM Sent...I think I figured them all out.

Also nice Chibi art work

cjameslv

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/04/2015, 01:09 PMSome wearable Obey I made a few minutes ago.

IMG
Hey! what? Don't be stepping on my obey button goodness: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18457.0

On a side note i was at retro city today and saw the shirts your buddy was dropping off. Pm me, i want the link print you made for a shirt!

Sarumaru

Quote from: cjameslv on 02/04/2015, 08:35 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/04/2015, 01:09 PMSome wearable Obey I made a few minutes ago.
Hey! what? Don't be stepping on my obey button goodness: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18457.0
On a side note i was at retro city today and saw the shirts your buddy was dropping off. Pm me, i want the link print you made for a shirt!
But classic PCE needed some lovin' my friend. That link shirt is one of my most popular.

ZeldaMerch.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=326861164110681

10616238_1463032547301896_2821322661092926038_n.jpg

BonkTeez.jpg

Medic_wheat

Those t shirts look great. Now might I order one?

Sarumaru

I have an online store located here at: http://sarumaru.storenvy.com/  - Or you could tell me which shirt/design and then paypals. More are going up today since we just changed store fronts.

Sarumaru

Congrats to Medic_wheat for guessing the characters for my little contest. Sending your things Saturday.

Next, not really PC Engine related but kuban0 might like these :)

nogeo_20set_206_original.jpg

Those are available here for anyone who's interested:
http://sarumaru.storenvy.com/products/12019011-neo-geo-buttons

Sarumaru

Bonk shirt SOON! :D
EDIT: The shirts will be ready in a week, only 15 will be pressed/available so posting here firssssttttt~

bonktee.jpg

Pre-orders here:
http://sarumaru.storenvy.com/products/12187554-bonk-shirt

esteban

Medic_wheat

FYI

Games came in like a week ago.

Have yet to test them out as I was out of town last weekend.

Plan on OBEYing this Saturday while my wife is at work...

rcantor77

Cool shirt... how much is shipping to the UK..?
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

Sarumaru

Quote from: rcantor77 on 02/19/2015, 04:40 PMCool shirt... how much is shipping to the UK..?
I think it's 15? Also, Since the Bonk shirt was a hit (on the obey fb page) I thought I'd come up with an original design involving the PC Engine. Here's my next PCE related shirt design (minus the text) below;

PCEplaying-T_SMPL.jpg

tknjin

These are fantastic! I really love the work you did here, and just out of curiosity do you ever do commissions for a shirt?!  I think it would be cool to have a Dracula X, Galaxy Dekka Gayvan, and Anearth Fantasy Story(aka Seiya Monogatari).

MotherGunner

Man, these look sweet.  Would love to buy a signed print from you.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Sarumaru on 03/01/2015, 05:23 AM
Quote from: rcantor77 on 02/19/2015, 04:40 PMCool shirt... how much is shipping to the UK..?
I think it's 15? Also, Since the Bonk shirt was a hit (on the obey fb page) I thought I'd come up with an original design involving the PC Engine. Here's my next PCE related shirt design (minus the text) below;

PCEplaying-T_SMPL.jpg
Excellent PCE scene...very nice details.

kosko99

Love the t-shirts <3
Really nice work :3

Sarumaru

Quote from: tknjin on 03/01/2015, 05:59 AMThese are fantastic! I really love the work you did here, and just out of curiosity do you ever do commissions for a shirt?!  I think it would be cool to have a Dracula X, Galaxy Dekka Gayvan, and Anearth Fantasy Story(aka Seiya Monogatari).
Actually, I was thinking about making a Galaxy Deka Gayvan shirt. I love that game! In any case, yes i can make custom shirts for you.

Quote from: MotherGunner on 03/01/2015, 03:35 PMMan, these look sweet.  Would love to buy a signed print from you.
Really? Cool! I'm adding prints and posters to the online shop this week :)
http://sarumaru.storenvy.com/

Quote from: kosko99 on 03/02/2015, 09:25 AMLove the t-shirts <3
Really nice work :3
Thanks kosko99.

And ESTEBANZ! *steals your coffee*

tknjin

ooooh~ could you make a galaxy deka gayvan shirt for the community :)

Sarumaru

Quote from: tknjin on 03/03/2015, 06:51 PMooooh~ could you make a galaxy deka gayvan shirt for the community :)
Normally I like to gauge interest but since I want a Gayvan shirt too, I'll make it :D

Also, I've started on my second Obey PCE/TG Button set, Hudson Mascot Collection which will consist of Bonk, Air Zonk, Bomberman and Takahashi Meijin (Master Higgins or whatever the hell they call him in America). Zonk is pictured below and below that is a pic of the first button set;

Zonk-btn_SAMPLE.jpg

PCE/TG Obey set Vol.1
IMG

Sarumaru

My second PC Engine button set! Thsi one features Hudson Allstars. The first set was really popular with the facebook crowd. :)

IMG

NightWolve

This set ought to do even better. Thumbs up!

SplatterTrigger

Ordered that second pin set!