@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

If you havent used your Wii in a while...

Started by bob, 01/19/2015, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

...be careful. Last time i used all of my controllers was 4 momths ago. Today, i needed a spare set of AA batteries, and two of my controllers had them explode. I was able to clean one of them to working again, but the other was destroyed.
If this thread helps one person avoid this, its worth it.

xcrement5x

Boo!  Were you using alkalines?  Rechargables?  A specific brand?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

cjameslv

This will never happen to me....don't own a wii, never will lol

xcrement5x

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/19/2015, 04:56 PMThis will never happen to me....don't own a wii, never will lol
You are missing out sir!  There are some excellent titles on the system, and if you like lightgun games it is a godsend.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

That's weird. I've had batteries sit for a long time without any issues. I wonder if the remotes are stored in a hot area (a receiver that gets hot and has little ventilation)?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

I thought that was a 90s myth. We always (and I still do) take out batteries when not using a product in a while. I keep rechargies in now, but those shouldn't be an issue since I don't have them turned on.

Dicer

Common knowledge (or at least it should be)
Not using something, pull dem batteries...

TR0N

I never had that problem,though one wii-remote i used for many years finally died out.It just wouldn't power on any more so i bought another to replace it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esadajr

that reminds me it has been months since I used any of the wii remotes. Thanks for the reminder.
Gaming since 1985

graffias79

To clean up alkaline battery spillage use lemon or lime juice.  Squirt a little into a cap or something and dip qtips in it.  It'll come right off.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: graffias79 on 01/20/2015, 07:00 PMTo clean up alkaline battery spillage use lemon or lime juice.  Squirt a little into a cap or something and dip qtips in it.  It'll come right off.
Vinegar also works.

Gentlegamer

ProTip: use eneloops, and take them out when not used for extended periods
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

KnightWarrior

I don't take them out

Duracells are known for exploding, I use Energizer Rechargables

cr8zykuban0

i also use energizer rechargeables but i'll keep a look out on my wii controllers and my gameboys just to be safe.

munchiaz

damn. good to know. im going to check my wiimotes today when i get home

Psycho Punch

If you don't use it, you'll lose it (to battery corrosion). It's awful when it happens.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp