10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Captain Venom MacBluebeard's Mega Pirate Raffle!

Started by VenomMacbeth, 01/22/2015, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Arrrgh!  I recently got a flash cartridge, rendering these Mega Drive pirate cartridges useless to me!  Up for raffuru, I have:

Verytex
Panorama Cotton
Gleylancer

They are all loose, and the labels are of terrible quality, but they are tested & do work on a Mega Drive 1 consoles. 

THE RULES!

Best ye follow, lest ye wish to walk the plank!

1. You can only pick one.  You must also give a reason why you picked the one you did.

2.  No dressing these up as officials & reselling.  Obviously, assholes.

3.  You must be active on Le forums, other than just the sale sections. 

I'll draw a winner when I feel like it.  Pirates do what they want, yo.

Scurvy dogs:

Esteban (P-Cot)

Desh (P-Cot)

cjamesIv (Greyblandser)

Gentlegamer (Gleylancer)

Dicer (Gleylancer)

xcrement5x (P-Cot)

Medic_Wheat (P-Cot)

TR0N (Verytex)

O.pwuaioc (Verytex)

Roflmao (Verytex)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

I was tempted by both Verytex and Cotton, but since I simply adore Space Harrier, I must choose Panorama Cotton.

I wish Space Fantasy Zone had actually been tweaked, refined and finished for PCE.

Since that never happened, I hereby dub Panorama Cotton as a spiritual sister to Space Fantasy Zone.

That is why you will simply send the game to me. Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DeshDildo

I have a similar opinion to esteban.  Verytex seems Verygood as I prefer my shooters to be of the vertical persuasion.

Cotton, however, says Sunsoft on it and that gives me a boner.  Therefore, if you were to put a loaded weapon to my head and make me choose, I would choose Cotton Panorama.

P.S. I also like cotton balls.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

cjameslv

Awesome shooters. Please enter me for Gleylancer. Reminds me of r-type and who doesn't love r-type!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/22/2015, 06:56 PMAwesome shooters. Please enter me for Gleylancer. Reminds me of r-type and who doesn't love r-type!
Me... :( I don't hate it, and it pioneered a lot of things I like in shooters...but overall, it's not my fave, and neither is Gleylancer.  The cutscenes are the coolest part, but I can't read moon runes...so...here ya go!

Anyway, I added everyone so far.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gentlegamer

IMG

Do what you want, 'cause a pirate is free,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Yar har, fiddle di dee,
Playing like R-Type is alright to be,
GreyLancer is the game for me,
You are a pirate!

Yar, har, fiddle di dee.
If you want to enter me,
You are a pirate!
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Dicer

Put me in for Gleylancer, saw it on the good ole Game SACK (left in Japan) and it looks neat...

xcrement5x

Sign me up.  I choose Cotton because it is a cute game and pretty cool.  Plus I already have a teacup that would go excellent with it.

Disclaimer though: If I win this I will eventually give it to friend who is a SNERD to show him how awesome the Genesis is.  If that's a deal breaka then it's fine to exclude me.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Panorama Cotton

Why?

Because it is the only ine I recognize. 

Also it is Cotton mo fo.

esteban

ASIDE: Damn, I see that choosing the most popular title has decreased my odds! Ha! Verytex and Gleylancer are looking more attractive.

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 01/23/2015, 04:24 PMASIDE: Damn, I see that choosing the most popular title has decreased my odds! Ha! Verytex and Gleylancer are looking more attractive.
Lol, I thought about that too but decided I would rather risk not getting anything, than get something I probably wouldn't play.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2015, 04:51 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/23/2015, 04:24 PMASIDE: Damn, I see that choosing the most popular title has decreased my odds! Ha! Verytex and Gleylancer are looking more attractive.
Lol, I thought about that too but decided I would rather risk not getting anything, than get something I probably wouldn't play.
I am obsessed with playing shootemups, so this is a great raffle, as far as I can dream. :)

VenomMacbeth

Alright everyone.  Let's jump aboard the pirate ship.  Nobody wants Verytex?  There will be three winners for this raffle & so far, I can only pick two. :(
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/24/2015, 07:32 PMAlright everyone.  Let's jump aboard the pirate ship.  Nobody wants Verytex?  There will be three winners for this raffle & so far, I can only pick two. :(
I'll take Verytex. Why? Because someone posted the soundtrack here not too long ago and I was like: "This is an OK soundtrack, but, more importantly, WHY HAVEN'T I PLAYED THIS DAMN GAME?"

cjameslv

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/24/2015, 07:32 PMAlright everyone.  Let's jump aboard the pirate ship.  Nobody wants Verytex?  There will be three winners for this raffle & so far, I can only pick two. :(
(Cough..err.mmhmm.) This is not cjameslv. i am his evil turbo twin brother and i will enroll for said verytex so that my evil plans may come to fruition...ya

TR0N

Sign me up for Verytex please that game does have a good sound track  =D>
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

o.pwuaioc

Can you enter me for Verytex? I've never played it, and I have an itch to. I already own a Gleylancer pirate, and I think the Cotton games are way overrated (not sure why I even own Cotton:FND) though the Space Harrier view is pretty damn cool.

VenomMacbeth

Yo ho, everyone!  I'm drawing the winners sometime tonight, so if there's anyone I forgot to add or if anyone wants to enter last-minute, now's the time!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

roflmao

Ah, what the heck.  Throw my name in for Verytex!  +1MegaKarma to you!

VenomMacbeth

Okay, so here goes nothing.  I have no way of taking Le screenshots, so I'll just copy & paste the list randomizer fingies.

First, we see who's gettin dat P-Cot.

QuoteThere were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Esteban
Medic_Wheat
Desh
xcrement5x
Timestamp: 2015-02-14 07:14:24 UTC

Then, Greyransa...

QuoteThere were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

cjameslv
Gentlegamer
Dicer
Timestamp: 2015-02-14 07:20:32 UTC
And finally, Verymeh.

QuoteThere were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

o.pwuaioc
Roflmao
TR0N
Timestamp: 2015-02-14 07:24:22 UTC
So!  Esty, cjameslv, and o.pwuaioc, you're all wieners & have PMs incoming...though it is kind of on the late side, so I may get some sleep first.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

I woke up early to go to the bathroom. It's 3:25 am.

"Time to check unread threads," I said to myself, as per my usual routine.

Now, here I am, crying for joy as I read these results.

My leg is going numb.

Thank you for your very, very gracious raffle.

Now I have a reason to unplug the NEC and plug in the FEKA.

Blasphemy.

Delicious, sweet blasphemy.

Thank you, comrade. :)

IMG IMG IMG IMG

cjameslv

Yo ho ho!!! Just woke up and before i make my coffee, as this forum ranks higher, i read this beautiful thread. Awesome, thank you for the raffle. I'll get you my info. Grats to the other wieners  :dance:

bob

Quote from: esteban on 02/14/2015, 03:24 AMI woke up early to go to the bathroom. It's 3:25 am.

My leg is going numb.

Blasphemy.

IMG IMG IMG IMG
Congrats estey. A worthy winner.   =D>

roflmao

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: esteban on 02/14/2015, 03:24 AMI woke up early to go to the bathroom. It's 3:25 am.

My leg is going numb.

Blasphemy.

IMG IMG IMG IMG
You are quite welcome!  Always happy to advocate the DISobey >:}
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

o.pwuaioc

This will go great in my newly modded Genny. Thanks again for holding these, Captain!

xcrement5x

Dicer

I could be the only one in a raffle, and still manage to lose, lol...

Gratz to them winners enjoy some non-obey

Medic_wheat

Fun raffle as always.

I think I am going to hit up the flea market tomorrow. If I do I'll be on the look out for something to do a raffle on for the LOLZ.

VenomMacbeth

Just a shout out to the wieners, we've had a bout of some winter weather here & anytime anyone says the word "snow" in the south, all hell breaks loose.  Rest assured, I'll have them to you all shortly. :)
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

wildfruit

cjameslv

VenomMacbeth

Just wanted to check in, did everyone else get their games?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

o.pwuaioc

Yep, yep! I got mine in quite a while ago. Plays great, thanks!

esteban

I wanted to post a pic, because it seems more meaningful that way (to show my appreciation):

IMG

Thank you Venom Macbeth!

I was literally in the middle of vacuuming, doing the laundry, cleaning up and I decided that IF I DIDN'T TAKE THE PIC NOW, I never would.

So, there you go.

Also, I was inspired to take the pic because of the the similar palette of colors in The Label vs. The Room...ha.

VenomMacbeth

No problem Esty :)

And I see what you mean, the colors are quite appropriate.

...Until you turn the game on, of couse.  Then it's just crazy, unless you're on acid.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

cjameslv

I pulled the pcb from mine put it in a nice old sonic 2 case and reprinted a beautiful label. Only issue is the pcb is alot thicker than a standard one.

spenoza

I'd like to sign up for Gleylancer. Verytex has much better music, but Gleylancer looks like the better playing game, and I love me some shewtees.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/09/2015, 11:45 PMI'd like to sign up for Gleylancer. Verytex has much better music, but Gleylancer looks like the better playing game, and I love me some shewtees.
You have been officially entered into the raffle. Good luck!

spenoza

Quote from: esteban on 03/10/2015, 04:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/09/2015, 11:45 PMI'd like to sign up for Gleylancer. Verytex has much better music, but Gleylancer looks like the better playing game, and I love me some shewtees.
You have been officially entered into the raffle. Good luck!
Thank you for pointing out my reading comprehension fail (also known as 'read first page, skipped to end')

I shall crawl under a rock now.

But first, seriously, Verytex has some damn fine tunes. I watched some clips on YouTube and was very impressed. Doesn't look all that impressive as a shooter, but it sounds fan-dang-tastic.

esteban

Don't worry, spenoza. I figured that you were so excited by the prospect of Verytex that you were blinded. Blinded by anticipation.

:)

cjameslv

Venom, thanks for this. Gley Lancer is alot of fun and pretty tough too. The ntsc-j cart was ok but i ended up swapping it to a ntsc cart, made a new shiny label and cover for the genesis box. So your old bootleg is happy in its new home. :wink:

New and old cart:

IMG

Case:

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: cjameslv on 03/11/2015, 03:02 PMVenom, thanks for this. Gley Lancer is alot of fun and pretty tough too. The ntsc-j cart was ok but i ended up swapping it to a ntsc cart, made a new shiny label and cover for the genesis box. So your old bootleg is happy in its new home. :wink:

New and old cart:

IMG

Case:

IMG
Wow!  That is nice!  And all for me?  You shouldn't have!

I'll PM you my address so you can send the game back. ;)
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gentlegamer

Quote from: cjameslv on 03/11/2015, 03:02 PMVenom, thanks for this. Gley Lancer is alot of fun and pretty tough too. The ntsc-j cart was ok but i ended up swapping it to a ntsc cart, made a new shiny label and cover for the genesis box. So your old bootleg is happy in its new home. :wink:

New and old cart:

IMG

Case:

IMG
Cut the hang tab.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

cjameslv

NEVARRR! My cases are all mixed, some have that tab some don't. Don't mind either way.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/11/2015, 07:48 PMCut the hang tab.
Whoa man, you can't tell him to do that.  That's the parents' choice.  I mean, sure, he'll be have to practice better hygiene, and he'll be a little more sensitive, but god put it there for a reason.

Please folks, leave genesis case circumcision a matter of choice, not obligation.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!