@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Bloodstained a new 2D Castlevania game!!

Started by Otaking, 05/11/2015, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

A new Kickstarter for the game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, a spiritual successor to Castlevania.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

ToyMachine78

It was funded in epic time! Must have been Joe's endorsement

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2015, 06:47 PMIt was funded in epic time!
Yeh it's crazy, people are just like...
IMG

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2015, 06:47 PMJoe's endorsement
Just had a look and saw the Game Sack video.
There's also a Happy Console Gamer video.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NightWolve

Yeah, a friend tagged me about this. Great to see! Was thinking of posting about it, but you beat me to anyway.

ToyMachine78

Can you request a different name for the credits other than official mailing address name? If so anyone donating from here should list their credit name as

Handle @ PCFX.com

Sadler

I don't know if I've ever been as excited for a game as I am for this! So awesome! :D

They're about to blow through all of their stretch goals and it's only been what, 7 hours?

ParanoiaDragon

Wow, Michiru Yamane on the music, & Inti Creates on development!!  Sweet!
IMG

jlued686

Even if you're not interested in the game, it sure is a nice "FUCK YOU" to Konami.

ToyMachine78

jtucci31

Yet another reason why I want a PS4. They just keep stacking up the more I look into it.

I'm even tempted to donate for a physical copy for the PS4, and I never donate to these things. Looks pretty cool so far. Excited to see how this goes

Joe Redifer

Looks like it's gonna break 1 million dollars before the 12 hour mark. It was launched at 10am PST.

jeffhlewis

I was literally watching the dollar total go up in real-time, as I was watching the video. Crazy. It jumped about $25,000 in 10 minutes.

I'll bite on this one...definitely not going for the OMFG Collector Edition though.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/11/2015, 10:08 PMLooks like it's gonna break 1 million dollars before the 12 hour mark. It was launched at 10am PST.
Thanks Joe for the Game Sack heads up. I would have not known about this otherwise!  

Does Dave have an account here?

bartre

yeah, I'll throw down for the basic physical copy.
maaaaaaaybe the one with the OST.

what's funny is, I think this might get done before they get around to releasing Pier Solar HD.
 :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

:cry:

ClodBusted

Let's hope the graphics will be sprite based with pixels and low-res. I can't stand the flash graphics as seen in the concept artwork. I couldn't also stand the irritating Flash/sprite mix of CV Harmony of Despair.

Edit: And no, please no polygons as seen in Mighty No. 9. Both flash and polygons should be forbidden in 2D games. Even the Scott Pilgrim game had sprites, including subtle tit animations. This is how modern sprite work looks like. Google for Paul Robertson, if you dare.

ParanoiaDragon

I ended up funding for the physical copy & soundtrack!  Usually I don't give into this kind of stuff, but, I loved the Iga games & the Metroid formula in general I get sucked into.  Plus, Michiru Yamane & Inti Creates!  We need someone the creator of Suikoden to continue the series under a new name with a Kickstarter!(he quit in the middle of Suiko 3) :P
IMG

Otaking

This will be the first Kickstarter project ever I've backed. I still haven't decided what funding tier to pick yet.
Up until now other than handheld games (DS, 3DS & iPad) I've had no real interest in modern games, I've been happy enough playing just the back catalogue library of PC Engine, Super Famicom and Neo Geo.
This may change if more games likes this start to get made.

mickcris

Don't own a PS4 or Xbox One yet so I cant go in on this.  Looks very promising though.  Will be one of the 1st games I get when/if I get a new console.  i think this games release is still years out so I have some time. :)

Otaking

Quote from: mickcris on 05/12/2015, 07:12 AMDon't own a PS4 or Xbox One yet so I cant go in on this. 
It will be available for PC too, that's the platform I'll pick.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2015, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/11/2015, 10:08 PMLooks like it's gonna break 1 million dollars before the 12 hour mark. It was launched at 10am PST.
Thanks Joe for the Game Sack heads up. I would have not known about this otherwise!  

Dave's account user name is "Xak".
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

this is awesome! i'll definitely back 60 bucks for the physical game.

ToyMachine78

I'm hoping this will usher in a 2D   renaissance. So many great 2D games in the past few years... Cthulu saves the world, super meat boy, strider, super guacamelee, now this... Industry: we are tired of first person shit!

TR0N

Hmm,i may have to back this since i would want a physical release of the game.That's one thing that all ways disappoints me when a indie game is digital only.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

tknjin

I still need to get around to funding this myself.  It is good to see that he is wanting to make something for the people who are into metroidvania style of games.  He seems very humble too

Joe Redifer

Quote from: esteban on 05/12/2015, 01:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/11/2015, 10:37 PM

Dave's account user name is "Xak". 
No he doesn't have an account here. He has one at Sega-16 but he's rarely ever posted. If he does have one here I don't know about it. He's not a social media butterfly. In real life he is a social butterfly, though.

Flare65

Don't own a PS4 or Xbone, but I do own a WiiU, but sadly I don't think it will be released on the WiiU.  Somewhere on the kickstarter page it says the game is using the Unreal Engine 4, but the UE4 will not officially be supported on the WiiU according to this website: 

http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-wont-be-getting-unreal-engine-4-update-462919060

Really want the game, but not excited to have to buy a PS4/Xbone to get it.  Yeah, I know its gonna be on Steam and there will be a physical PC release of the game, but who the hell collects physical copies of PC games?

WingZeroKai

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/13/2015, 11:31 PMDon't own a PS4 or Xbone, but I do own a WiiU, but sadly I don't think it will be released on the WiiU.  Somewhere on the kickstarter page it says the game is using the Unreal Engine 4, but the UE4 will not officially be supported on the WiiU according to this website: 

Really want the game, but not excited to have to buy a PS4/Xbone to get it.  Yeah, I know its gonna be on Steam and there will be a physical PC release of the game, but who the hell collects physical copies of PC games?
I do! Kinda.

Totally backing this for the physical PS4 OMFGBBQ Collector's Edition.

Otaking

1 week left to go now and nearly at 3.5 million dollars.

tknjin

I actually backed the game up a few days ago, and went for the gusto.  getting the omfgbbq sauce limited edition with signature.  It's so great to see him make a game he wants again, and thought it would be great to have his signature.

Groover

I jumped in on this day one before it was funded. I have been tempted to up my pledge to get me name in the credits. I'm glad it got funded. 2017 can't come soon enough. I'm really glad Iga is getting a chance to make a console igavania game again.
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/13/2015, 11:31 PMDon't own a PS4 or Xbone, but I do own a WiiU, but sadly I don't think it will be released on the WiiU.  Somewhere on the kickstarter page it says the game is using the Unreal Engine 4, but the UE4 will not officially be supported on the WiiU according to this website: 

This is old news - but both the WiiU *and* the PS Vita stretch goals were achieved the last few weeks (Inti Creates is doing main game development, and Armature is handling the non-UE4 engine ports).

NecroPhile

I give a fuck now that they're gonna do a Vita port..... unless it's download only, then I'm back to zero fucks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tknjin

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2015, 02:59 PMI give a fuck now that they're gonna do a Vita port..... unless it's download only, then I'm back to zero fucks.
I am quite positive it will be a physical copy as well.  He is making physical copies of all the game versions available so far(besides like PC n stuff lol)

bartre

well with the vita version, i'll be buying this game twice :)

need more reasons to play the vita, and the ps4 version will entice me to buy the new system eventually.

Sadler

So, uh, anyone else nerdy enough to be watching the ending stream? I really hope they hit the $5.5 mil mark. Playing as bosses sounds awesome! :D

I'm still a bit confused about some of the goals. Is this coming out for 3DS or just the minigame? I'm curious what degree of online co-op there's going to be too. That was my biggest complaint during this kickstarter! I'm a huge Castlevania HD fan and I want to play this with buddies!

Renmauzo

Quote from: bartre on 06/09/2015, 08:41 PMwell with the vita version, i'll be buying this game twice :)

need more reasons to play the vita, and the ps4 version will entice me to buy the new system eventually.
Yup, got the wife to throw down for a copy so that we can have it on PS4 and Vita.

jeffhlewis

The 3ds stuff I think is just a downloadable. The game in earnest is ps4/xbone/steam/wiiu/vita.

ToyMachine78

Finally got the backer survey for this. For the credits, I chose Game Sack guild. I will be listed as Toymachine78@PCEFX. Can't wait for this game.

This ain't no Mr. Rodgers neighborhood!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2015, 08:57 PMFinally got the backer survey for this. For the credits, I chose Game Sack guild. I will be listed as Toymachine78@PCEFX. Can't wait for this game.

This ain't no Mr. Rodgers neighborhood!
Yup, I was scrolling through that list and did a double take when I saw "Clan Gamesack" as an option, haha. That was a no-brainer.

Otaking

Flare65

With the game delayed to sometime in 2018, I have serious doubts that the Wii U version will be released.  I think the new Zelda game will be the last game released on the system before Nintendo goes full throttle on NX game production.

I think a physical Vita copy will still be made as they are still cranking out new games for the Vita every month in Japan with no signs of slowing down.