RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

185 NOS PCE games trade proposal - should I go for it ?

Started by pongstory, 05/31/2015, 01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

elmer

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/05/2015, 02:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2015, 03:02 PMElmer's new title:

PCEFX Dirk Diggler Extraordinaire

=D>
Fixed.  =)
It's gratifying to recognized by the Academy for my upstanding contribution to so many people's evening ... errr ... "entertainment".   :wink:

MotherGunner

Quote from: elmer on 06/05/2015, 06:21 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/05/2015, 02:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2015, 03:02 PMElmer's new title:

PCEFX Dirk Diggler Extraordinaire

=D>
Fixed.  =)
It's gratifying to recognized by the Academy for my upstanding contribution to so many people's evening ... errr ... "entertainment".   :wink:
Well if you REALLY want to entertain, tell people you shoot glue!  *Get it?*

;)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

_Paul

Quote from: schweaty on 06/05/2015, 11:44 AMif those games really are what the buyer claims they are worth, he should sell them and pay you what he owes you.  that is all.
This.

shubibiman

Quote from: pongstory on 05/31/2015, 04:14 PMTo make it short: we agreed a price. The guy paid 75% of it through several months and then stopped.
The prototype is Dino Force.
Nelson_Ha-Ha.webp

Why do stories about prototypes always turn sour ?

Quote from: elmer on 05/31/2015, 07:59 PMFYI ... I own the copyrights on a couple of "dead" video games ... so perhaps my position on the "for profit" manufacture of old games is somewhat different to yours.
Interesting. If some of them happen to be untranslated japanese RPG'S, then I guess that a few people would be glad to translate them for an official release ;)

Quote from: elmer on 06/02/2015, 05:53 PMThe same game that you were trying to raise $5,000 for in 2012?

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13443.0
No, I was the guy trying to raise $5,000  :wink:

Pongstory, it's a shame you didn't try and get into touch with some PCE hackers that would have helped you find a way to make a full Hucard release of this game. There are many options now.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Redfield1

So, Dino Force's back, a never ending story !

In 2015, it's easier and far cheaper to put games onto physical HuCards.
Take a look on some friends and i works:

casimages.com/img.php?i=140131020139627363.jpg

Vive la France !

Warhol

elmer

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/06/2015, 03:58 AMIf some of them happen to be untranslated japanese RPG'S, then I guess that a few people would be glad to translate them for an official release ;)
Sorry, nothing that exciting. Just games that got official releases, so there are plenty of 2nd hand copies available.

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/06/2015, 03:58 AMNo, I was the guy trying to raise $5,000  :wink:
Yep, I know. I meant that as a call out to the "community folks" ... sorry if that wasn't clear.

Redfield1

shubibiman

Quote from: elmer on 06/04/2015, 02:32 PMLet's say that you're valuing the time that it would take to organize the "quick" sales of the CDs that you've been offered at $1,500.

That would lead us to an estimate that the 25% figure that the buyer owes is currently valued at $5,000.

Which would suggest that you've already been paid $15,000 out of a $20,000 "agreed" price.

At today's exchange rate, that's a 17,500 Euro selling price.

That's for a prototype that you seemingly purchased for 10,000 Euro.
And that could have been purchased $5,000 in the first place. Well, we all love video games, it reminds us of our childhood, doesn't it ?

I guess that the guy stopped paying just because he realised how screwed he was if he didn't know about the original sale before you dealt with him.

Just my guess.

PCEngineHell

Fucking Dino Force again....for fucks sake...just go away...

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

IMG

PCEngineHell

Its pretty clear this guy has an ulterior motive with this thread. Basically he is using this forum to drum up interest in the Dino Farce thing again to get an idea if good profits could be here for the taking.

If there really is some magical mystery buyer out there, then honestly it is not this forums business to know anything about the deal currently in place anyway. I mean I am sure said buyer would just love to know his transaction, along with the possibility of the seller backing out of it if he could get more cash, is being discussed openly. That pretty much in itself is a dirtbag scammer move to me. double dealing behind the supposed buyers back....  :roll:

And as is, I mean seriously, you're telling me the OP would be ok with paying thousands for a unfinished game, or selling said game again for said thousands, because he is supposedly an expert on the value of unfinished games, right?

Oh and lets not pass up the little tidbit of the guy feigning ignorance to the fact that new pce games can be made. I mean, Arkhan is doing it, and I could have sworn someone else is making the materials now to do them. Pretty sure there was a video up on youtube discussing it.

But he has no clue how to price a batch of normal PCE games? I mean come the fuck on. Even an idiot could browse ebay finished auctions and figure that out after a weeks worth of looking. This forum isn't here so the OP can try to figure out ways to recoup the retarded amounts of cash he wasted on an unfinished game. Especially one where no solid game play videos have been shown, or any proof that the game is finished enough to provide a complete experience worth paying cash for.

There are way way too many awesome shooters actually finished and released on this system to be stressing or getting your hopes up over this nonsense every time it pops up. Go buy Spriggan, Soldier Blade, Rayxanber III, or Gradius 2 or something. Go buy a game that actually warrants the attention. If Dino Farce was really that awesome, or even worth the fucks currently given, long gameplay clips would have already popped up. The guy would be letting the game sell itself.

But instead he is all like "Oh I dont have a system to play it on" Yeah, sure buddy. Totally believable that someone would spends thousands on something that they cant test. And then there is this. How do you expect anyone here to want to buy something that has not been proven as fully tested and perfect working. If you do have said item, how do we know the data has not been compromised in any sort of way at this point?

As is, the OP is using mystery and hype to fish for a buyer of some sort. Neither are known to deliver. And also, lol @ that 3D Rubik's Cube shit.

Otaking

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/07/2015, 11:15 AMThere are way way too many awesome shooters actually finished and released on this system to be stressing or getting your hopes up over this nonsense every time it pops up. Go buy Spriggan, Soldier Blade, Rayxanber III, or Gradius 2 or something.
I'm not saying I disagree with the rest of what you wrote in your post, but I kind of disagree with with what I quoted above.
I've been playing all the shooters on the PC Engine over the past 25+ years, and with all the good ones like Winds of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, Spriggan, Soldier Blade etc.. I've gone back to and finished countless times. Although I adore them there's nothing left, I've played the officially released shooter library inside out. So the opportunity of a new PC Engine shooter made in the early nineties would be amazing.
The situation with this Dino Force game does seem to have become overly complicated, which is a shame.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/07/2015, 11:15 AMEspecially one where no solid game play videos have been shown, or any proof that the game is finished enough to provide a complete experience worth paying cash for.
I vaguely recall reading the original seller claiming the game is complete, but I've seen no proof.
I just looked it up, it's in this thread
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13378.0

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2012, 12:47 PMI got these in an anonymous email:

/img2087mo.jpg

Then next day, the following message:

Hello Chris, <erm..?>

We got an alpha version 100% complete from the creator of the game. It's maybe the one and only full complete version of the game. It was kept for about 20 years...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

shubibiman

Come on : back in 2012/2013, the guy was rich enough to pay 10 000 euros during an auction for this piece of crap. Now, he wants to resell it for profit but is not able to refund the buyer because the latter has stopped paying what he owes him.

Who would be full enougb to not make sure to have enough money left in case of emergency when, on the other hand, you're able to put 10 000 euros in an unfinished game ?

Who would spend 100 euros to get a fully working piece of PCE hardware to be able to test a game that you've paid 10 000 euros for ?

When this guy got hold of the game, he never tried to get into touch with the PCE dev community and now subscribes on these forums because he was screwed and has not been able to make a full release of the game.

I guess that next step will be "ok, I will sell this prototype to whoever shows the money, and then a can refund the buyer". Bac@k in 2012, we already had to deal with a "ghost buyer".

Or maybe Pongstory just wanted to resell his game for profit and found that nobody was willing to put more than $5,000 on this. So he just pretends that someone is OK to pay $20,000+ for that shit, so that other potential buyers make a better offer.

Psycho Punch

Dino Force is a good source of laughs, I hope the french never release it...

e: sorry for the huge bump  ](*,)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Hey, whatever happened to the fellow who had the Marble Madness prototype?

Or was it some other game?

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2015, 04:12 PMDino Force is a good source of laughs, I hope the french never release it...

e: sorry for the huge bump  ](*,)
turricant_dino_force.webp

ParanoiaDragon

Apparently some were clamoring for him to just release the rom(Marble Madness), though I don't recall anyone doing that in the thread.  Maybe people PM'ed him about it?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/18/2015, 02:13 AMApparently some were clamoring for him to just release the rom(Marble Madness), though I don't recall anyone doing that in the thread.  Maybe people PM'ed him about it?
Yeah, I have vague memories of this sort of thing...and he became defensive.

Hmmm....

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 07/18/2015, 07:51 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/18/2015, 02:13 AMApparently some were clamoring for him to just release the rom(Marble Madness), though I don't recall anyone doing that in the thread.  Maybe people PM'ed him about it?
Yeah, I have vague memories of this sort of thing...and he became defensive.

Hmmm....
Here's the Marble Madness thread
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12260.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 07/17/2015, 08:04 PMHey, whatever happened to the fellow who had the Marble Madness prototype?

He used another prototype as an excuse to pull the same crap, only worse, on sega-16, this time with his partner in crime joining in. Douche bagging is his only real passion in life and he is so oblivious that he was dumb enough to claim that he's just a simple school teacher and family man and games aren't a big deal to him and that he doesn't horde prototypes for profit... but drops tens of thousands of dollars on some.

When someone who wanted the rom to be made public, instead of handing it over to the original developer who in the past also claimed that they'd publish it on carts but instead buried it, they dared him to buy them out and filled several pages with trash talk about having balls and how pathetically poor he must be.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2015, 11:34 AM
Quote from: esteban on 07/17/2015, 08:04 PMHey, whatever happened to the fellow who had the Marble Madness prototype?

He used another prototype as an excuse to pull the same crap, only worse, on sega-16, this time with his partner in crime joining in. Douche bagging is his only real passion in life and he is so oblivious that he was dumb enough to claim that he's just a simple school teacher and family man and games aren't a big deal to him and that he doesn't horde prototypes for profit... but drops tens of thousands of dollars on some.

When someone who wanted the rom to be made public, instead of handing it over to the original developer who in the past also claimed that they'd publish it on carts but instead buried it, they dared him to buy them out and filled several pages with trash talk about having balls and how pathetically poor he must be.
Damn.

I will honestly never understand folks who do this.

Never.

Damn. :(

esteban

Psycho Punch

Pongstory... if you want to call me, I'll be available all day.

I'm serious.

I want proof that you owned Dino Force from the start.

I did shit the smart way this time, you guys don't have access to any ROM to get info for your constant lies.

And this is just the beginning of the news, like I said. There is stuff coming up that has NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE.

Not by PCEFX or any Obey collector.

But we'll save that for a later date.

I'm still working on that.

Pongstory - why not clear your name?

I'll make it 1 question with multiple choice options.

Can your brain answer a simple question with 4 multiple choice answers?

Come on, don't dodge this.

If you get the answer right, I'll personally send both of you a cashiers check for $10k each.

FREE MONEY. Man, if I owned a game and knew all about it - I'd certainly take this offer.

$10k each, I swear to God - I'll overnight you each a cashiers check of $10k if you answer 1 fucking question about the game correctly.

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

Psycho Punch

The name of Stage 5 is?

- The Search for the Stone
- The Search for the Sword
- The Search for the Sorcerer
- The Search for the Squire

Stage 7 features a character that causes the table to tilt, this happens only twice in the game, the same character appears both times.

- A Dragon
- A Goblin
- A Wizard
- A Genie

What mini game do you play after stages 6 and 12?

- Skee Ball
- Mini Golf
- Strength Test (Tapping "A" as fast as you can)
- Spellcasting

When all of the books come flying at you in stage 9, what common logo is present?

- PCE Logo
- CDROM2 Logo
- HuCard Logo
- Tennokoe Logo

The end credits have what in the background?

- 2 Knights Fighting
- Repeat of all of the different tables you played on
- Black Background
- Mountains and a lightning display

shubibiman

xcrement5x

Oh I see where this is going now. 

No one feed him the answers!  If so Punch will sniff you out!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)