Virtual Console TG-16 Game List (updated 11/16/09 - Street Fighter II)

Started by PCEngineFX, 08/08/2006, 03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Watch this space for up-to-date listings of TurboGrafx-16 downloadable games for the Wii Virtual Console.
Hudson's official Virtual Console site: wayback.vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html

UPCOMING USA TITLES
No releases scheduled.

USA RELEASED TITLES
Released 03/15/10 - CASTLEVANIA RONDO OF BLOOD (900 Points) FINAL
Released 11/16/09 - Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (700 Points)
Released 03/23/09 - Bomberman '94 (700 Points)
Released 03/23/09 - Detana! TwinBee (700 Points)
Released 10/20/08 - Digital Champ Battle Boxing (700 Points)
Released 09/08/08 - Final Soldier (700 Points)
Released 08/11/08 - Break In (700 Points)
Released 07/28/08 - Chase H.Q. (600 Points)
Released 02/25/08 - Psychosis (600 Points)
Released 11/05/07 - Power Golf (600 Points)
Released 10/29/07 - SAMURAI-GHOST (600 Points)
Released 09/24/07 - LEGEND OF HERO TONMA (600 Points)
Released 09/17/07 - World Class Baseball (600 Points)
Released 09/10/07 - Neutopia II (600 Points)
Released 09/03/07 - Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure (600 Points)
Released 08/20/07 - Neutopia (600 Points)
Released 08/13/07 - Cratermaze (600 Points)
Relesaed 08/01/07 - GALAGA '90 (600 Points)
Released 07/30/07 - Drop Off (600 Points)
Released 07/23/07 - Devil's Crush (600 Points)
Released 07/16/07 - Silent Debuggers (600 Points)
Released 07/09/07 - Air Zonk (600 Points)
Released 07/02/07 - Dragon Spirit (600 Points)
Released 06/25/07 - China Warrior (600 Points)
Released 06/18/07 - World Sports Competition (600 Points)
Released 06/18/07 - Bloody Wolf (600 Points)
Released 06/04/07 - Dead Moon (600 Points)
Released 05/28/07 - J.J. & Jeff (600 Points)
Released 05/21/07 - Blazing Lazers (600 Points)
Released 05/14/07 - Ninja Spirit (600 Points)
Released 05/07/07 - ORDYNE (600 Points)
Released 04/30/07 - Shockman (600 Points)
Released 04/23/07 - Battle Lode Runner (600 Points)
Released 04/16/07 - Bonk's Revenge (600 Points)
Released 04/09/07 - Bravoman (600 Points)
Released 04/02/07 - Dragon's Curse (600 Points)
Released 03/19/07 - Splatterhouse (600 Points)
Released 03/12/07 - Double Dungeons (600 Points)
Released 02/26/07 - Chew Man Fu (600 Points)
Released 02/19/07 - New Adventure Island (600 Points)
Released 02/05/07 - Vigilante (600 Points)
Released 01/15/07 - MotoRoader (600 Points)
Released 01/08/07 - Soldier Blade (600 Points)
Released 01/08/07 - Dungeon Explorer (600 Points)
Released 12/25/06 - R-Type (800 Points)
Released 12/18/06 - Military Madness (600 Points)
Released 12/11/06 - Alien Crush (600 Points)
Released 12/04/06 - Victory Run (600 Points)
Released 11/28/06 - Super Star Soldier (600 Points)
Released 11/21/06 - Bomberman '93 (600 Points)
Released 11/21/06 - Bonk's Adventure (600 Points)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Hey guys! Long time no see! :D  Sorry for not being on more often on the forums but I've been really busy with school and stuff.

Anyways, regarding that list, it's a bit ho-hum at the moment.  While it's nice to see Bomberman '93 and Dungeon Explorer, I'm still puzzled as to why Keith Courage isn't on the list as well as Legendary Axe.  I have a suspicion that since Keith Courage is a Sunrise production, the original rights could be stuck in hell between them and Bandai.

Oh and boo-urns for no Turbo CD games right now.  You'd think we could have a few nice launch titles like Ys or even the Thunder series! :evil:

I'm hoping that list grows quickly in the near future because if it doesn't, it'll be an embarassment for Nintendo's service.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

Quote from: "Dark Fact"Anyways, regarding that list, it's a bit ho-hum at the moment.  While it's nice to see Bomberman '93 and Dungeon Explorer, I'm still puzzled as to why Keith Courage isn't on the list as well as Legendary Axe.  I have a suspicion that since Keith Courage is a Sunrise production, the original rights could be stuck in hell between them and Bandai.
I don't mind the list of available games so far, infact I like it. I think the reason why they didn't add Keith or Axe in there yet was because they wanted to add variety in their starting line-up so they wouldn't have three side scrollers. I'm sure those will be available sometime.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Dark Fact

At least they could've put in Alien Crush.  Sure, it's a pinball game, but it's a really good pinball game!
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

I'm sure that one will be down the line as well :D .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Dark Fact

I've heard that the list will be updated every week.  Let's hope something more comes out of this.

PCEngineFX

Keith Courage?  I'm willing to bet that it's not even on the list at Hudson due to the nature of the game...it was a pack-in, and not only that, the game never hit it big (no sequels).  There are MANY other games (like Alien Crush :)) that I'd rather see brought over first before Keith.
IMG
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: "Keranu"
Quote from: "Dark Fact"Anyways, regarding that list, it's a bit ho-hum at the moment.  While it's nice to see Bomberman '93 and Dungeon Explorer, I'm still puzzled as to why Keith Courage isn't on the list as well as Legendary Axe.  I have a suspicion that since Keith Courage is a Sunrise production, the original rights could be stuck in hell between them and Bandai.
I don't mind the list of available games so far, infact I like it. I think the reason why they didn't add Keith or Axe in there yet was because they wanted to add variety in their starting line-up so they wouldn't have three side scrollers. I'm sure those will be available sometime.
Yeah, it seems like they just picked the flagship game from each genre...Platform game = Bonk.  Puzzle/multi-player = Bomberman, etc.  Victory Run was the wildcard sports/other game.  Legendary Axe is awesome but it can't challenge Bonk's mascot status in the platform/action category.

I find the fact that Japan gets Bomberman 94 and we get Bomberman 93 very disturbing.  They clearly acknowledge '94 as the better game (otherwise Japan would have got '93 as well) but the fact that they're sticking the states with '93 reveals that they're still stuck in the keep-the-Turbo-and-PCE-separate mentality.  Maybe they think US gamers are going to buy games solely for nostalgia and imports won't sell for lack of name recognition.  Maybe Hudson is unwilling to spend time and money translating or reprogramming foreign games.  Whatever the case, we can probably kiss our dreams of seeing Sapphire and Dracula X ever come to the US goodbye.
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: VestCuntWhatever the case, we can probably kiss our dreams of seeing Sapphire and Dracula X ever come to the US goodbye.
Never say never my friend. ;)
IMG
IMG

cheezio

please please please let there be some sort of work around to let peeps buy any game from any region. Am gonna be mighty peeved if I cant get my hands on Bomberman 94 cos of some region lockout.

:(

Odonadon

Quote from: vestcuntI find the fact that Japan gets Bomberman 94 and we get Bomberman 93 very disturbing.  They clearly acknowledge '94 as the better game (otherwise Japan would have got '93 as well) but the fact that they're sticking the states with '93 reveals that they're still stuck in the keep-the-Turbo-and-PCE-separate mentality.  Maybe they think US gamers are going to buy games solely for nostalgia and imports won't sell for lack of name recognition.  Maybe Hudson is unwilling to spend time and money translating or reprogramming foreign games.  Whatever the case, we can probably kiss our dreams of seeing Sapphire and Dracula X ever come to the US goodbye.
It's more likely that it is a lot cheaper to put out an already translated game than it would be to go through and get Bomberman '94 anglicized.  :)  You can't Hudson to be throwing tons of money at this venture right away.  Let it catch on, then we'll see the good stuff.  Just remember it failed to catch on the first time around.

OD

Keranu

Quote from: "Odonadon"It's more likely that it is a lot cheaper to put out an already translated game than it would be to go through and get Bomberman '94 anglicized.  :)  You can't Hudson to be throwing tons of money at this venture right away.  Let it catch on, then we'll see the good stuff.  Just remember it failed to catch on the first time around.

OD
Not trying to disagree with you, but translating Bomberman '94 wouldn't be very hard since there isn't much text to begin with, let alone some stuff already being in English :D . But yeah I know what you mean, it's easier to bring out a game that's already in English than go through the trouble with doing any translating at all.
IMG

2X4

Where did you guys get the images for the list of turbo games in the wii section? Just curious.  I've never seen images from the packaging of these old games that were that good, usually just crappy box scans.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

PCEngineFX

I almost always do image touchup/restoration for images on anything I do, so that is the reason why they look that good.  The US boxes were from my own personal archive (with touchup) but the JPN boxes I took from Bt's site http://www.pcecp.com.
IMG
IMG

2X4

Wow, you got that from a box scan?  That is really good.  Usually I can tell if its a scan at least by the color, but those images look perfect.  I am continually impressed with your site's professional asthetic quality.  Keep up the great work!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Odonadon

Quote from: 2X4 on 11/04/2006, 02:33 PMWow, you got that from a box scan?  That is really good.  Usually I can tell if its a scan at least by the color, but those images look perfect.  I am continually impressed with your site's professional asthetic quality.  Keep up the great work!
The man knows what he's doing, that's for sure.  Low quality is not associated with PCEngineFX :)

OD

PCEngineFX

Thanks guys :)  This is why I'm making a new Turbo site (https://www.pcengine-fx.com/TM/)... I plan to push my graphical abilities to an entirely new level by showing people Turbo & PCE games in an entirely new way.
IMG
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quotetranslating Bomberman '94 wouldn't be very hard since there isn't much text to begin with, let alone some stuff already being in English
This game was released in america- it was called Mega Bomberman for the Sega Genesis- so yea- translating it would be a snap.

TurboSage
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dark Fact

So any new updates as of late? I haven't seen anything aside from the same list when I tried the system at my local internet gaming cafe. :?

PCEngineFX

Updates to the VC list?  Yah :) Keep watch today/tomorrow.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Just got word that Monday's TurboGrafx-16 release will be Military Madness.  We should also be expecting a Turbo release on Xmas day as well so watch for it!
IMG
IMG

akamichi

Awesome!  I read that Japan got R-Type I recently.  I wonder if the US is slated to get that one too...?   

I really wish whoever is in charge would let us buy VC games from any region.  Or at least if there are multiple releases of the same game, then let people select if they want the Japanese version rather than the English version for instance.

Dark Fact

My prayers had been answered! Alien Crush is available for download! [-o<

Awesome news that Military Madness is getting the next release.  I have a friend who is really into that game so he'll be most pleased! :)

I wonder what this Christmas special will be? I sure hope that it's a really good game! I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out to be Keith Courage! :lol:

With Alien Crush released, Devil's Crush shouldn't be too far behind. :D

akamichi

Quote from: Dark Fact on 12/15/2006, 10:58 PMI wonder what this Christmas special will be? I sure hope that it's a really good game! I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out to be Keith Courage! :lol:
It should be free too.  Keep Keith Courage free!! :lol:

esteban

Quote from: akamichi on 12/16/2006, 01:53 AM
Quote from: Dark Fact on 12/15/2006, 10:58 PMI wonder what this Christmas special will be? I sure hope that it's a really good game! I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out to be Keith Courage! :lol:
It should be free too.  Keep Keith Courage free!! :lol:
It seems like it might be R-Type!

http://www.gamersreports.com/mediabrowser/784/10943/

Don't hold your breath... it might be free. According to the roomers, anyway.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nat

Hmm. Cool. I wonder if they fixed the flicker?   :mrgreen:
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

esteban

Quote from: nat on 12/21/2006, 03:01 PMHmm. Cool. I wonder if they fixed the flicker?   :mrgreen:
That would be nice :).

Anyway, to follow-up on my prior post: I knew it was too good to be true:

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=10831

What's most amusing however, is at the bottom of the page: NES Baseball and Urban Champion will be available after January 1, 2007. Urban Champion? Goodness, why are they making that game available? I suppose a few masochistic (or clueless) folks will pay for that game, but honestly, why is Nintendo offering it?

Actually, this quote is pretty darn amusing as well:
QuoteAs a special holiday surprise for Wii™ owners from Nintendo, the original Super Mario Bros. ™ game for the Nintendo Entertainment System® will appear in the Wii Shop Channel and be downloadable for 500 Wii Points™
Wow! That is a special holiday surprise! Even if Nintendo offered this game for free (as they should), it wouldn't qualify as "special."

Giving all Wii owners a free download or two... now that would be special.

Dark Fact

Cool that they're offering R-Type for Christmas. :) But Super Castlevania IV for the SNES? They should've released the first three Castlevanias on the NES first so that we have some proper sequencing.

PCEngineFX

FYI: MotoRoader has just been released for the Virtual Console.
IMG
IMG

Keranu

IMG

Dark Fact

Is it standard Motocross bike racing or are there also some Road Rash elements thrown into this game? :-s

esteban

Quote from: Dark Fact on 01/17/2007, 01:31 AMIs it standard Motocross bike racing or are there also some Road Rash elements thrown into this game? :-s
No :), imagine an overhead racing game like MicroMachines Racing (NES) but with prize money, parts management (upgrades) and special "items" (purchased) over the course of the competition.

MicroMachines is a superior game (addictive as hell and nice controls), but I've had lots of fun with MotoRoader. Unfortunately, I think MR is an acquired taste and that it won't impress too many folks.

Bonus: Fantastic chiptunes! Truly.

Keranu

You gotta play Motoroader with other people though, it just isn't as fun playing against computers alone. I was never impressed with MotoRoader until I actually put more time with it by playing it with my brothers. Now I love that game to death!
IMG

CrackTiger

Motoroader is a 5 player overhead RC Pro Am.

Even though at first it seems like it only matters whose in front at the last screen before the finish line, it's only after everyone starts upgrading their cars that the real game begins and the object becomes outright destroying the competition before the end of each race.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dark Fact

Ah I see. :) Thanks for the info. :)

When I first read the Moto in Motoroader, I automatically thought Motorbikes and this game was a Motorbike game. :P

PCEngineFX

List updated with two upcoming games (New Adventure Island and Chew-Man-Fu) and one just released game Vigilante.  Cool game info-graphics and online manuals for the games I'm missing should be coming soon (sorry for being lax on that....)
IMG
IMG

Keranu

Cool, I didn't know New Adventure Island and Chew Man Fu were coming out for it, but I do remember reading an interview where John Master Lee said he would like to see Chew Man Fu on the Virtual Console.
IMG

PCEngineFX

So I'm gonna go ahead and brag here :)  I recently got the Matrox RT.X2 HD capture card system and am able to do lossless captures from any source now.  Take a look below...

This is the best capture you can get with regular consumer hardware (Wii > into HD cam > into FireWire)
IMG

This is how the same capture will look with the RT.X2 card (Wii using component cables right into the card)
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Keranu

IMG

esteban

Odonadon

Looks good but still pretty blurry, but I am assuming some clean-up will be done :)

OD

PCEngineFX

No new TurboGrafx-16 releases for 02/12/07  :cry:

And as for the screen capture, I will sharpen them up slightly for when I release them.
IMG
IMG

Seldane

Man, it looks like crap, even with component! Mad!  :o
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

PCEngineFX

New Adventure Island has been released for the Wii Virtual Console (600 points).
IMG
IMG

Odonadon

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 02/19/2007, 12:03 PMNew Adventure Island has been released for the Wii Virtual Console (600 points).
Interesting... I figured before this whole thing launched that Hudson would begin with it's older games first.  I figured Bomberman '93 was an anomaly :)  Guess I Was wrong.

OD

PCEngineFX

Chew Man Fu has been released for the Wii Virtual Console (600 points).  You can see a video review of this game in PCEFX TV episode 5 (https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/tv.html)
IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 02/26/2007, 03:47 PMChew Man Fu has been released for the Wii Virtual Console (600 points).  You can see a video review of this game in PCEFX TV episode 5 (https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/tv.html)
Groovy!

Now that my wii is online now.

Still need a retro controller and to buy some wii points  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineFX

Upcoming game list updated - looks like the following will be released in March:

Double Dungeons (600 Points - March '07)
Splatterhouse (600 Points - March '07)
IMG
IMG

Keranu

I found it interesting that they are adding Double Dungeons. Not that I'm complaining because I think it's a sweet game :D . Splatterhouse is a must.
IMG

Dark Fact

Ok, so New Adventure Island is out but the original games for NES aren't? WTF?

Awesome news that Splatterhouse is finally coming out! Can't wait! :D