Southern Turbo Fest @Free Play Florida Nov 20-22 Orlando FL

Started by PunkCryborg, 08/31/2015, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

IMG
Free Play Florida opened up a huge console room this year and put me and Owlanonymous in charge of it. Being that we are HUGE NEC fans we will of course have a ton of it out for everyone to enjoy. There has been talk for years about a Turbo meet up in the South East so here's our chance. I'd like this to be our own Southern Turbo Fest and hope to see some member of the forum there!
I'm expecting to have SuperGrafx, PCE Duo, Duo-R, TG16, PCFX, SuperCD Rom, IFU and more along with just about every other old school console, US and Japanese vintage computers, linked Steel Battalion, handhelds and everything else we can fit in out trucks and Uhaul. We are purists so expect everything to be on CRTs and RGB monitors as well.
Here's some pics of last years show, we didn't have a console area yet though. I brought several candy cabs though and will have some this year too
http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=1482
If anyone here plans on give me a shout out when you are there and I'll give you a tour!

PunkCryborg

I would also like to mention that this convention is right next to Sea World and other Orlando attractions so would make for a great family vacation, as in drop the family off at one of those places and go on vacation to a game convention :)

esteban

This sounds awesome.  :)

I do not see myself in Florida at any point this year, let alone that weekend. :(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

Buhhh I've already been to Siesta Key this year!  Bummer :(
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/31/2015, 07:50 PMBuhhh I've already been to Siesta Key this year!  Bummer :(
Siesta key is so nice. I spent many an afternoon at the Daiquiri deck back in the day. Long boat key is nice as well.

PunkCryborg

Siesta Key, Venice and Sarasota are all very nice places to visit! I live an hour or so north in Tampa. Less old people and more gaming up here. If anyone here is visiting hit me up, I am doing local game meet ups and going to the local bars and arcades weekly

o.pwuaioc

removed

majors

I hope to be there...with cabs in tow. But since don't do it for free, the event organizers are looking at their budgets. If we strike a deal, punk, I can help out with more PVM and obey goodness.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

geise

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/31/2015, 04:38 PM
IMG
Free Play Florida opened up a huge console room this year and put me and Owlanonymous in charge of it. Being that we are HUGE NEC fans we will of course have a ton of it out for everyone to enjoy. There has been talk for years about a Turbo meet up in the South East so here's our chance. I'd like this to be our own Southern Turbo Fest and hope to see some member of the forum there!
I'm expecting to have SuperGrafx, PCE Duo, Duo-R, TG16, PCFX, SuperCD Rom, IFU and more along with just about every other old school console, US and Japanese vintage computers, linked Steel Battalion, handhelds and everything else we can fit in out trucks and Uhaul. We are purists so expect everything to be on CRTs and RGB monitors as well.
Here's some pics of last years show, we didn't have a console area yet though. I brought several candy cabs though and will have some this year too
http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=1482
If anyone here plans on give me a shout out when you are there and I'll give you a tour!
God damnit!  I will be in Orlando the week after this.

JoshTurboTrollX

This is amazing!  If it's an Owlnonymouse event, I trust it will be streaming online?  :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/01/2015, 01:37 PMThis is amazing!  If it's an Owlnonymouse event, I trust it will be streaming online?  :D
That's the plan!

PunkCryborg

Bump. This is REALLY HAPPENING :D
Come hang out with me and some other really awesome guys and I'll give anyone here a personal walkthrough and show you how to play with some cool stuff like a X68000

shawnji

Aww... dang it.  This is probably one of the few I could actually make it to (though it would be a long drive).  I used up all my vacation days for this year because I had to get my pesky appendix removed. :(

Opethian

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 06:58 PMAww... dang it.  This is probably one of the few I could actually make it to (though it would be a long drive).  I used up all my vacation days for this year because I had to get my pesky appendix removed. :(
Hope you're feeling better, man. That's no joke.