@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

RAFFLE: Strider Hiryuu WINNER CHOSEN

Started by jtucci31, 10/13/2015, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

NECTARSIS WINS

Up for grabs is the Arcade Card version of Strider for PCE. Comes with a spine that is slightly faded. Not sure when I'll end this, so for now that is TBD.

-Minimum post count of 200. No turds please.
-You are not allowed to sell it. If you don't want it anymore, please re-raffle it off.
-You must play it and give it a go. I'm raffling it off because I no longer play it.

IMG

Entrants:
galam
VenomMacBeth
Dicer
Gentlegamer
sirhcman
elmer
Punch
Medic_wheat
jlued686
reno5
PunkCryborg
WoodyXP
nectarsis
Bernie
BigusSchmuck
SignOfZeta
seieienbu
csgx1
xcrement5x
Sparky
Lost Monkey
turboswimbz
o.pwuaioc
Punch
JKM
roflmao
Sarumaru
grolt
cr8zykuban0

IMG

tbone3969

Dam wish I had 200 posts.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

bob

In for the case and manual. I have a loosey and will reraffle the disc for a low entry fee of $50.  (2 entries for $95)

VenomMacbeth

Fuuuuuu can I please?  Cthameslv gave me raffle blueballs :( I don't even need the obi, I'll give that away if I win.

Speaking of which, I need to go update my raffles & actually pick some vinners...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Dicer

So infor this,tis a shame this was never completed for SGX, but we will take what we can get...

Gredler

Another excessively generous raffle tooch, good on you brother :) I am not a arcade card owner, and would probably just burn this if I wanted to play it and did have the card, so don't enter me unless you buy me dinner first, or just don't enter me at all.

Gentlegamer

Milhouse is not a meme.

I'd like to enter this generous raffle.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

shawnji

Aww, dang!  Cursed by my infrequent posting habits!  Good luck to everyone else!  I have the PSX Strider 2 that comes with a port of the first, so I can live with that I suppose. :P

sirhcman

please add me, thanks for the awesome raffle!

PCEngineHell

Already have this, so don't enter me on this one. Just wanted to say kudos man. :) +500 Turbokarma

NightWolve

Ah, Strider, I bought this used in the 90's for like $15 via the back of EGM magazines and calling random game shops. I did so under the assumption I'd eventually get an Arcade Card too, but that never happened, so I finally got to beat it years later when emulation took off and MagicEngine made it possible. Anyway, it's a fine game, but I'd rather download the arcade ROM set for MAME and play the real thing. :)

wildfruit

Don't enter me, I still haven't picked up an arcade card yet but maximum power to you sir!

elmer

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/14/2015, 12:34 AMAh, Strider, I bought this used in the 90's for like $15 via the back of EGM magazines and calling random game shops. I did so under the assumption I'd eventually get an Arcade Card too, but that never happened.
OMG dude!!! How can you not have an Arcade Card!!!  :shock:  :wink:

===================

Anyway ... I remember the Strider hype when I pre-ordered my Super Grafx.

Because of that disappointment, I never bought the ACD game when it came out ... but have always wanted to play it ... and always wondered how it would have looked on the Super Grafx.

Please enter me in the raffle.

Thanks for doing this!  :D

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

Bla bah bla

Sign me up.

I never said bla bah bla in my life! Blah.

kosko99

jlued686

Please enter me in the raffle. This is very generous. Thanks!

reno5

PunkCryborg

Damn Juicy! Sign me up, I have a spine for this so if I win my extra is up for grabs

WoodyXP

Sign me up.  I want to see if it's as bad as people say it is.  Doesn't look bad at all from what I've seen on Youtube.  Could be better, yes, but still looks like a good game.
"I bathe in AES carts."

nectarsis

Much maligned but I miss it...enter me please
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

Perfect!  Please do not enter me, as I just won a raffle.  Kudos to you for doing this!

BigusSchmuck

SignOfZeta

IMG

sirhcman

Gentlegamer

If I win the raffle, Milhouse is not a meme is a meme.

c-c-c-combo.webp
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

csgx1

Awesome raffle.  I'd like to join the raffle if I could please, thanks.

esteban

Two exclusive PCE stages in Strider! No, they aren't amazing, but it's interesting to see how PCE version could (and should) have been SO MUCH MORE BETTERS than the actual game we got.

Any fan of Strider should have fun comparing this to arcade and Genesis version.

I loved the Genesis version as a kid, and I don't know if the PCE can challenge it...but you will have to decide for yourself.

Definitely a curious title.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

It should have been better than the arcade, frankly. It wasn't exactly a new game and the PCE has enough special powers at its disposal that it could have more than made up for any technical shortcomings it has compared to the original PCB. CD audio, nearly infinite storage, that kind of thing.
IMG

PCEngineHell

If Capcom had handled it it probably would have been closer to the arcade. NEC Avenue did however, and they tend to do stuff with their ports (add new content, and remix some things visually). As is though I still like this port more then the Mega Drive one. The MD one isn't perfect either. It has its own batch of issues, like no continues, details missing, as does the Genesis one (even less voice content and too easy, along with said graphical details missing that are gone on the MD version).

Real Strider fans are going to find charm and be attracted to any of the ports regardless. Anyone being super nit picky over either the PCE or Sega ports is just being anal and not paying the ports their due. All three ports are great fun. If you are a real Strider fan you can appreciate the ambition it had ot have taken to port the game over on anything. I mean, we are talking about Capcom here at their peak in arcade development. Stider is one of their greatest titles ever made. Knowing that going in had to cause a lot of stress for Sega and NEC Avenue.

seieienbu

I'd like to enter this raffle please and thanks!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xcrement5x

Damn, this is a hell of a raffle man.  Please sign me up as well :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Sparky

yes please if it is not to late....i bet it is better then Strider on the Master System!

LostFlunky

Please put me down and enter me.

turboswimbz

I'm in I love firing up the old arcade card
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mzo

Already have this one, but good luck to everyone else!

It looks a little wonky but is still fun to play and has those badass PC Engine CD cutscenes.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

o.pwuaioc

I'm in for this one, tucc. Thanks!

Psycho Punch

To be honest I never played strider aside from the first level on a Mega Drive years ago. I played Osman though, in an arcade even, which is unfairly obscure in my opinion.

Hop hop hop hop hop aaagh. I am king. I am the true king. I rule the world.

I ceirtainly want to try Strider even if the PCE port is worse than the Mega Drive version.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

sirhcman

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/14/2015, 09:57 PMThe MD one isn't perfect either. It has its own batch of issues, like no continues, details missing, as does the Genesis one (even less voice content and too easy, along with said graphical details missing that are gone on the MD version).
Quote from: esteban on 10/14/2015, 08:07 PMTwo exclusive PCE stages in Strider! No, they aren't amazing, but it's interesting to see how PCE version could (and should) have been SO MUCH MORE BETTERS than the actual game we got.
I've never played this game and was in chat talking to a few other people about it. lukester said there is actually only one exclusive level in the PCE port. He also mentioned the Genesis version is harder than the PCE counterpart but he never really mentioned why though *shrugs*

PukeSter

Siracha, it's because of the final level only. The first 4 levels are a breeze in the Genny port.

The pce version is also slower-paced, because bosses have dialogue. This is a little jarring. Movement is somewhat quicker though.

I like both ports. If the pce version had all the music then I would prefer it overall.

EvilEvoIX

Sign me up please, I'd love to see how it looks on the Duo.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

After reading insight from other who have played it on this thread I am more interested in the game.

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect since I have the PS COPY OF IT AND strider 2 which to be felt like the de facto versions to own.

But now with talk of extra level game play and sprit work my interest is peeked.

blueraven

I already have this game, but +10 turbokarma points to you for raffling it off!! Good luck everyone!

WOW

GohanX

Hell, throw my name in the pot.

PunkCryborg

Wonder why the spines are always faded for this game?

GohanX

It's the orange, orange printing fades pretty quickly in the presence of any light.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2015, 07:25 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/14/2015, 09:57 PMThe MD one isn't perfect either. It has its own batch of issues, like no continues, details missing, as does the Genesis one (even less voice content and too easy, along with said graphical details missing that are gone on the MD version).
Quote from: esteban on 10/14/2015, 08:07 PMTwo exclusive PCE stages in Strider! No, they aren't amazing, but it's interesting to see how PCE version could (and should) have been SO MUCH MORE BETTERS than the actual game we got.
I've never played this game and was in chat talking to a few other people about it. lukester said there is actually only one exclusive level in the PCE port. He also mentioned the Genesis version is harder than the PCE counterpart but he never really mentioned why though *shrugs*
The Genesis version is the easiest of the three. Its difficulty was watered down drastically from the Mega Driver version to such a degree that to match it you have to go into the options and set it to hard to equal the normal mode of the MD and PCE ports.  The content exclusive to the PCE is the extra desert stage, cd soundtrack, and somewhat animated cut scenes that were extended somewhat to  provide a more detailed story.

Also worth mentioning, Grandmaster is missing the digitized speech near the end on the Genesis, and Hiryu is silent during his attacks on the Genesis port. Basically if you want the best versions, its the MD and PCE one.

geise

I am actually glad they took out the voice when he swings his sword for pretty much all the US releases (arcade or console).  Got rather annoying

TurboNeoSega

Would love to get my hands on one. Nice!

lwizardl

please count me in on this, I just got a pce system so now I have access to playing both usa and imports :)