PC-FX homebrew... would you buy it?

Started by OldRover, 02/19/2016, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If some ambitious weirdo made a game for the PC-FX, would you buy it?

YES I'LL BUY ANYTHING PC-FX
Yes, if it didn't suck
No, I don't need any more PC-FX games, I'm happy with my ecchi collection as it is
No, you retard, there's not enough PC-FX users to justify the time investment
KILL YOURSELF

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

DragonmasterDan

Where is the "So you can port it to Virtual Boy" checkbox option?
--DragonmasterDan

OldRover

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/19/2016, 12:56 PMWhere is the "So you can port it to Virtual Boy" checkbox option?
I said ambitious, not suicidal. :P
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sarumaru

PC-FX seriously could use some more love. I voted I'd buy it if it didn't suck, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it even if it did.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/19/2016, 01:00 PMPC-FX seriously could use some more love. I voted I'd buy it if it didn't suck, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it even if it did.
Yeah, I'd probably buy it regardless too.  But we want to encourage something good!!

Like I said in chat, you should do some goofy FMV game first as a proof of concept. Convert Ninja Hayate or Road Blaster or something.

MNKyDeth

From my perspective...

I do not own a PC-FX. Not sure if I ever will. However checking yahoo Japan it seems a console can be had for relatively cheap imo.

If the game was along the type of games I enjoy most RPG's, dungeon crawlers I most likely would. If it was another platformer or shooter it's a rather large maybe, but this is rather subjective as I really enjoy some platformers and shooters.

The biggest thing holding me back is how I connect it to my computer monitor. Via XRGB-mini. I would hope I could connect it in a way with RGB or component so I am not looking at a blurry mess. My previous readings on this console suggested it can't be RGB modded. However I am unaware of component.

NecroPhile

I voted yes if it's good.  My threshold for good is pretty low (liking Hatris says it all, no?), but I wouldn't buy just anything at any price.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sarumaru

I'd love to do art for any PC-FX related homebrew games so if any of you aspiring PC-FX devs needs an artist, let me know or send them my way. :)

deubeul

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/19/2016, 01:00 PMPC-FX seriously could use some more love. I voted I'd buy it if it didn't suck, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it even if it did.
Same here, but I would also pay for a translation of TI, Miraculum, Nirgends, Power Dolls, or one of the other great games.

OldRover

Miraculum was getting a translation, last time I knew... of course, that was like... three years ago. :lol:

deubeul

I've read that, and patiently waiting  :mrgreen:

OldRover

I went ahead and picked up a PC-FX from a domestic seller for a smidge under $200 shipped... shit just got real. :D

SignOfZeta

I voted yes if good. Normally I'd say the FX-sized user base is too small, but the FX wasn't just unpopular, it also has almost no good games....fuck...almost no *games* at all.

Most people with a SNES would rather play Mario, but most people with an FX are dying to play anything. If it was a DX version of Mysterious Song or something of that quality I would finally buy an FX.
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Would the Turbo/TurboCD or something get a downgraded port? I really don't want yet another console just for homebrew. With all the 8 and 16 bit systems getting homebrew, not sure we really need another failed system revived.

Psycho Punch

What about the new coleco console?
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

elmer

Quote from: OldRover on 02/19/2016, 03:45 PMI went ahead and picked up a PC-FX from a domestic seller for a smidge under $200 shipped... shit just got real. :D
Welcome to the club!  =D>

BTW ... you'll probably spend 99%+ of your time in Mednafen, anyway.  :wink:

johnnykonami

Congrats!   I gotta get around to nabbing a few more PCFX titles myself.  Mine has been sitting for like, over a decade.  Do these have the same cap problems as their younger siblings?

esadajr

Sure why not. Whatever it is, it should have cheesy voice acting.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

thesteve

i have more consoles then games in that catagory (not counting CDR)
would love some more games for my FX's

tonma

Yes, all new game is great.

I don't have hardware but I may play it well in mednafen.

brizio

turboswimbz

hell yeah, but yea I might be off on my own here
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SamIAm

jlued686

Hell yeah, I'd buy it. Especially coming from you guys.