OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC-FX Mooks

Started by brizio, 03/09/2016, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brizio

Is there someone that can give me more information on the PC-FX Mooks (Vol.1 Vol.2 Vol.3) that are listed as demo releases? I never found a single picture of them and I was wondering what was the content of the included discs.

NecroPhile

You talking 'bout the Best Character Art Book things?  I don't have any of 'em, but I think they're all art, no game demos.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

brizio

Honestly I don't know.

I am referring to the "PC-FX Mooks" mentioned here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/PC-FX/html/pc-fx_world_-_game_directory.html

There are three volumes under category "Known demo CD releases (Either compatible with the NEC PC-FX or related)". Based on the description I assume they contains also demo discs but of course I could be wrong.

deubeul

brizio

Quote from: deubeul on 03/10/2016, 02:36 AMI think you're speaking about the super pc engine fan mooks.

Vol 2:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Super-PC-Engine-Fan-Deluxe-Vol-1-Book-Magazine-with-2-CD-ROMs-Duo-RX-NEW-Rare-/311009311277?hash=item4869997a2d:g:Tg4AAOSwirZTv~iL
Apparently not. As per the already linked list, they are considered something different.

Please find below the complete list copy&pasted from the website:

Known demo CD releases (Either compatible with the NEC PC-FX or related)

Title - Rating - Mouse? - Genre - Price - Cataloge # - SKU - Release Date

- PC-FX Mook Vol. 1 ALL No Mook N/A N/A N/A N/A
- PC-FX Mook Vol. 2 ALL No Mook 3,790¥ N/A 1929496037909 N/A
- PC-FX Mook Vol. 3 ALL No Mook N/A N/A N/A N/A
- Galaxy Fraulein Yuna FX: Trial Edition Hudson Soft ALL No Promo NFR FXHUD506 N/A 1995
- PCEngine Fan Special CD-ROM Vol.2 Contains Nirgends demo & opening of Blue Breaker ALL No Other 1,480¥ FXTIM001 N/A 07.30.96
- PCEngine Fan Special CD-ROM Vol.3 Contains demo of Zeroigar & FMV of Zoku Hatukoi ALL No Other 1,480¥ FXTIM002 N/A 08.31.96
- Super PCEngine Fan Deluxe Special CD-ROM Vol.1 Contains demos of Angelique Special 2, Yuna FX, Nirgends and Fire Woman ALL No Other 1,980¥ FXTIM003 N/A 01.01.97
- Super PCEngine Fan Deluxe Special CD-ROM Vol.2 Contains demos of Comic Road, Princess Rolfee, Zoku Hatukoi Monogatari and Last Imperial Prince ALL No Other 2,280¥ FXTIM004 N/A

deubeul

I didn't read all the list  :oops:

Anyway I still think it' the same mooks, as you can find nothing on those and as there's no info in the list except for vol2's price and invalid SKU number.

brizio

I have the same feeling but I assume only Aaron would be able to properly answer this.

deubeul

Or japanese collectors?

SignOfZeta

There are also the PC FX Best Charactors Mooks, which have CDs but they are for Windows/Mac. I guess that would count as "related" and the price would be more in line with what's suggested. The Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe issues do say "mook" on the cover but they look and feel like a direct continuation of PC Engine Fan, which was a typical magazine. I think these are probably the ones.

PC-FXベストキャラクターズ公式デジタル原画集

There are also three of them.
IMG

deubeul

Thanks, I didn't know these mooks.

brizio

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/10/2016, 07:19 AMThere are also the PC FX Best Charactors Mooks, which have CDs but they are for Windows/Mac. I guess that would count as "related" and the price would be more in line with what's suggested. The Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe issues do say "mook" on the cover but they look and feel like a direct continuation of PC Engine Fan, which was a typical magazine. I think these are probably the ones.

PC-FXベストキャラクターズ公式デジタル原画集

There are also three of them.
Do you know where I can find pictures of these mooks? Thanks!

NecroPhile

Quote from: brizio on 03/10/2016, 10:54 AMDo you know where I can find pictures of these mooks? Thanks!
hit-japan has volumes 2 and 3 up on ebay now, and I've seen 'em from time to time on yahoo auctions as well (not surprisingly at much better prices).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

brizio

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2016, 11:04 AM
Quote from: brizio on 03/10/2016, 10:54 AMDo you know where I can find pictures of these mooks? Thanks!
hit-japan has volumes 2 and 3 up on ebay now, and I've seen 'em from time to time on yahoo auctions as well (not surprisingly at much better prices).
Thanks for sharing. It looks like they are beautiful books. I'll search around to see if I can find a scanned version of them. But I assume it will be a real pain to get them...

brizio

Sharing all pictures I was able to find...

Volume 2

IMG

Volume 3

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

I have Volume 3, I got it for about $10 maybe 6 months ago.  I also have the Rolfee book with the paper dolls and interviews.  I've seen Volumes 1 and 2 for around the same price or a bit more.

brizio

Quote from: guest on 03/11/2016, 11:25 AMI have Volume 3, I got it for about $10 maybe 6 months ago.  I also have the Rolfee book with the paper dolls and interviews.  I've seen Volumes 1 and 2 for around the same price or a bit more.
Would love to find them so cheap! They are apparently sold for 10x that price at least...

Filler

Quote from: brizio on 03/14/2016, 05:39 AMWould love to find them so cheap! They are apparently sold for 10x that price at least...
That was going to be my comment. I have all 3 but I'm pretty sure I spent between $30-80 depending on the volume.

xcrement5x

Yeah, I am pretty good about keeping an eye out for weird/fun things on the cheap.  If anyone is interested here are some pictures I snapped from the Rolfee book:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=93679370%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&text=rolfee&view_all=1