10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) Turns 30 today

Started by KnightWarrior, 06/03/2016, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

In Japan of cource, Love this game even know it kicked my ass most of the time

The first time I played this when it was released on the Super Mario All Stars Cart, I got to 8-3..I never finished the Game, I don't know why

Got the SNES cart, NES Repro, GBC version, Famicom Mini version and the 3DS VC version

What is your memory of the Game?

TDIRunner

I was the same way in that I never got to play it until SM All Stars.  I was never that crazy about it.  The US SMB2 is still, to this day, my favorite video game of all time, so I have a lot more good memories with that version.  Once I finally bought my Everdrive N8, I was finally able to play Doki Doki Panic on NES hardware for the first time a few years ago, which I also enjoyed very much.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

CrackTiger

We had lots of import rentals bitd. By the time the Wizard hit theatres, I'd long since mastered SMB3 and found all the secrets.

We got SMB2 early on and it was a lot of fun. I had yearned for more SMB stages and it totally delivered everything I wished for and more.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

KnightWarrior

Well the very first time seeing Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) in my Mario Mania Guilde from Nintendo Power back in the day

esadajr

The first time I played it was on a pirate famicom cart. This video store had had a few of said counterfeit carts and adapters. The cart had a picture of a fat princess and Mario and a number 4. The owner told me it was Mario 4 lol. Also, this cart had some cheats printed on the back, you were able to skip all the way to D-1 (I think).
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Yup, my first chance to play it was the SNES cart.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Wait. I am older then SM Bros 2?  Not only that bust my wife shares a birth year with the same?

Are we talking the famicom only SMB2 or the SMB USA?

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/03/2016, 04:44 PMWait. I am older then SM Bros 2?  Not only that bust my wife shares a birth year with the same?

Famicom SMB2.

Not the Cute Birdo Game.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 06/03/2016, 04:51 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/03/2016, 04:44 PMWait. I am older then SM Bros 2?  Not only that bust my wife shares a birth year with the same?

Famicom SMB2.

Not the Cute Birdo Game.
Thought as much comrade.

wildfruit

I never had a snes. A friend had SMB all stars. I didn't see the fascination with it. I preferred SMB3 on my NES. I didn't like the soft appearance of it.

SignOfZeta

I'm with Tiger. I wanted more of the same and this game did it. Yes, it's hard, but not any harder than shooters of the same time period.
IMG

KnightWarrior

I have the Repro Cart that has you can Hold A+Start to get to A-1

Groover

I first played this as well on my SNES in the Mario All Stars cart. I was so excited to play an new Super Mario Bros. It was punishing. I have picked up the Famicom Disk. I would like to get the disk Drive someday and play it. I think I will need to pickup a few more Disk Games first to push me over the edge.
IMG