@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Sega Forever Marketing

Started by esteban, 06/15/2017, 07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

If I was in a cynical mood, I would say this was just a transparent attempt to milk nostalgia from old folks (me), cater to hipster youth (you) whilst aping mainstream pop culture trends (Guardians of the Galaxy).

But I am not in a clinical mood, so I'll just say that this is a very nicely executed promotional product and I appreciate the restraint shown by the marketing team (I wish the stupid hashtag wasn't on there, but that hashtag is the entire point of the promotion).

Anyway, I approve.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:29 AMIf I was in a cynical mood, I would say this was just a transparent attempt to milk nostalgia from old folks (me), cater to hipster youth (you) whilst aping mainstream pop culture trends (Guardians of the Galaxy).
Anything aping Guardians of the Galaxy is worthy of scorn.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 08:33 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 07:29 AMIf I was in a cynical mood, I would say this was just a transparent attempt to milk nostalgia from old folks (me), cater to hipster youth (you) whilst aping mainstream pop culture trends (Guardians of the Galaxy).
Anything aping Guardians of the Galaxy is worthy of scorn.
Damn, you didn't find the first film entertaining?

I did.

:)

Then again, I'm not a big fan of all the comic book movies. I don't think I have watched any of the...

Xmens
Wolverines
Iron mans
Suoermans
Batmans
Civil wars
Thors
Antmans
Wonder Womans
Etc etc.

I don't care about the difference in Marvel vs. D.C. (quality of films), I haven't watched *any* of them.

So, maybe I'm missing something.

MNKyDeth

I know very few people or possibly even none that have a tape player anymore. I would be hard pressed to try to actually play that tape on something.

I still don't wtf a hashtag is. Or what it means. I know it's #followedbyaword but no idea of what the significance of such a thing is.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 04:26 PMDamn, you didn't find the first film entertaining?

I did.
Nope,
It has all of the same terrible tropes that I despise in modern animated CG movies.

First off giving animals celebrity voices and or adding accents to characters not from a particular place (example Vin Diesel is a tree thing, a Raccoon with a New York accent, get it because that's the joke).

Pop music used heavily in place of an original score.

Basically to me it felt like a meld of knock-off Star Wars mixed with some Dreamworks garbage.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/15/2017, 05:34 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2017, 04:26 PMDamn, you didn't find the first film entertaining?

I did.
Nope,
It has all of the same terrible tropes that I despise in modern animated CG movies.

First off giving animals celebrity voices and or adding accents to characters not from a particular place (example Vin Diesel is a tree thing, a Raccoon with a New York accent, get it because that's the joke).

Pop music used heavily in place of an original score.

Basically to me it felt like a meld of knock-off Star Wars mixed with some Dreamworks garbage.
I don't disagree with you.

It's just that Guardians of the Galaxy, despite all of its machinations, was fun.

Again, I don't disagree with you. Maybe I was just in a more forgiving mood when I saw it.

SignOfZeta

IMG

Psycho Punch

forever marketing never selling, SEEEEEGAAAA
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

mitsuman

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 06/15/2017, 04:34 PMI know very few people or possibly even none that have a tape player anymore.
I have one in my car.   :|

OldMan

QuoteQuote from: MNKyDeth on Today at 01:34:10 PM

QuoteI know very few people or possibly even none that have a tape player anymore.

8-track or casette? :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2017, 10:01 PMforever marketing never selling, SEEEEEGAAAA
Well, they haven't had much solid content. It's sad to see a once-mighty powerhouse like SEGA limp along.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/15/2017, 05:42 PMhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Denial_of_Death
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism#Angst_and_dread

I know you were talking about the viability (or lack thereof) of the medium, but I have loftier aims for our discussions.

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/15/2017, 10:53 PM
Quote from: MNKyDeth on 06/15/2017, 04:34 PMI know very few people or possibly even none that have a tape player anymore.
My prior car (I got rid of it one year ago—1996 Honda Civic hatchback) had a tape deck, too, but it broke over a decade ago.

Anyway, most folks don't even have an old Walkman lying around.

Quote from: TheOldMan on 06/16/2017, 12:37 AM
QuoteQuote from: MNKyDeth on Today at 01:34:10 PM

QuoteI know very few people or possibly even none that have a tape player anymore.
8-track or casette? :)
Back in the day, I had an adapter to play cassettes in my '76 Cadillac DeVille's 8-track stereo.

Sadly, the dashboard didn't let the adapter fit without bending (cracking) the adapter.

So, back to 8-tracks.

mitsuman

I was holding off on posting what car it was to see the reactions first.

I have a 2007 Lexus GS350...with a tape deck in it. My 2004 Lexus IS300 had one as well. Apparently there was some crazy engineer at Lexus adding tape decks back in the early 2000s.

crazydean

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/16/2017, 07:30 AMI was holding off on posting what car it was to see the reactions first.

I have a 2007 Lexus GS350...with a tape deck in it. My 2004 Lexus IS300 had one as well. Apparently there was some crazy engineer at Lexus adding tape decks back in the early 2000s.
That's crazy. Apparently there was a still a market for it, so why not?

Digi.k

TR0N

Zzz wake me up when sega does some thing console related.Not this mobile phone crap  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 06/22/2017, 03:38 AMZzz wake me up when sega does some thing console related.Not this mobile phone crap  :P
So, just to be clear, I have permission to wake you up?

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 06/22/2017, 06:41 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/22/2017, 03:38 AMZzz wake me up when sega does some thing console related.Not this mobile phone crap  :P
If you have the permission slip sure  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 06/23/2017, 03:53 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/22/2017, 06:41 AM
If you have the permission slip sure  :P
*goes to Kinkos*

glazball

Sadly enough, cassettes are making a comeback..  because RETRO!

Yea it's fucking stupid.  At least 3 bands I love (Erasure, OMD and Saint Etienne) are releasing cassette versions of their new albums this year.  And of course, they come with a digital download code so you don't have to actually open and PLAY the cassette, just collect it.  All of this beautiful, multi-channel, hi-def 2017 audio technology possible and people are buying cassette.

Also, wake me up too when the Dreamcast 2 is announced...
glazball's game collection and wantlist

GohanX

Some obsolete media formats still contain some value, but I cannot understand a desire for new tapes in this day and age. Cassettes were necessary for a time but was a mostly horrible format.