OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

I picked up a guy's collection for $100

Started by exodus, 06/23/2017, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

A guy I met through a laserdisc forum (ha ha) moved to japan, so I bought his laserdisc player and LDs... somehow in the transaction (we met in a parking lot like true contraband runners), he got to mentioning he needed to get rid of some games, too. I said "oh hey, I'd be interested in that!" expecting him to just have a few things. He mailed me a few weeks later with a few pics saying there was also a bit more, but I could have whatever he found for $100.

When we met back in that same parking lot, I was more than a little surprised at the amount of stuff I got. I didn't really know what all I had til I got it home (he just kept handing me moving boxes). So here it all is:

a few us Saturn games and manuals (robo pit accidentally not depicted), boxed virtua stick, and a jp-switched us saturn
IMG

model 2 genesis with Sega cd and a variety of controllers.
IMG

several genesis games (also got sol feace for scd, but that's in another photo)
IMG

a super famicom and some jp and us games. lady stalker, twinbee, panic bomber etc (ha ha)
IMG

some random n64 and nes games and controllers
IMG

52 US dreamcast games (accidentally put 18 wheeler in here even though it's JP), including boxed US maracas
IMG
IMG

46 JP dreamcast games, a few of which are limited edition. dude liked his visual novels, as you can see!
IMG
IMG

8 dreamcast magazines and supplemental guides
IMG

11 jp Saturn games, some limited, and twinsticks, Sakura Taisen guide
IMG

some random jp-only Xbox games, Yuna for pc-fx and pce, etc
IMG

There was some other random stuff too, but that's the main lot of it! pretty good for $100 if I do say so myself! I'm probably gonna trade a lot of it off to a local game shop, because I don't think that most of the stuff I'm not keeping is gonna be of interest to anyone. I already found a home for all the low-price dreamcast games, oddly! a friend is going for a complete collection, so we're gonna do some sort of trade.

Anyway! This is the sort of thing I often have dreams about, but this time it was reality :P

exodus

P.S. sorry for the wide photos in some cases - I don't remember what we do in the editor here to reduce size!~

Gypsy

You could um...do worse for $100....

Lol damn. And um, if there is more PC-FX stuff shoot me a list!

exodus

Unfortunately Yuna was the only PC-FX thing - he didn't even own a PC-FX, he just wanted a complete Yuna collection for some reason!! I got his Yuna laserdiscs too, so now when you combine it with the Yuna stuff I already had, I'm getting pretty close to a complete collection myself, by total accident!

Also Gypsy, I saw your LD thread there, and you will perhaps not be happy to learn I bought this dude's faroudja LD1000, demodulator, and 180 anime LDs for $300...

this was all thanks to SignOfZeta on this very forum, who hooked me up with the guy.

Gypsy

Ah damn no extras for you on that stuff then. :p

exodus

yeah, not on the PC-FX front - but a lot of the other stuff will be extra! Maybe I'll make a post about it here later. (also note my above edit about laserdiscs)

NecroPhile

I don't know what any of that stuff is worth exactly, but it's definitely worth waaaay more than a mere $100.  Nice score!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Wow!  That's an amazing pickup for $100, those US Maracas are pretty hard to locate anymore in the original box.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

exodus

haha, I'm pretty sure it's this guy's personal collection, unless he stole it from someone who loves Yuna and Japanese Xbox dating sims!!

and yeah, the maracas alone are a $150 item. it's pretty nuts!

Gypsy

Quote from: exodus on 06/23/2017, 02:58 PMyeah, not on the PC-FX front - but a lot of the other stuff will be extra! Maybe I'll make a post about it here later. (also note my above edit about laserdiscs)

Please let me know of any available LDs. Thank you.

Also this means you are in Michigan yes? I am up there somewhat regularly, most of my family is in eastern MI. Greatly varying areas of financial success, lol.

There was actually a comparable LD lot on local-ish CL for me recently, but by the time I noticed it the shit had sold. The player was not comparable to what you got, but just about 400 movies for $400.

Medic_wheat

Being a tool here.

Any interest in selling any of that lot?

I desire two of the NA dreamcast games.

Can do possible trade as well.

Gredler

those twinsticks.

man, congrats I am glad you got this stuff I know it's going to a happy home.

wiseau

What are the saturn manuals you have stacked up there?

exodus

@gypsy - a lot of them are available, but I'm in California! Zeta just told me about this guy on the forum, saying he was in the bay area (where I live). Basically everything is too pricey to ship and make decent money on, so it only made sense to sell them locally. Which is also the problem with getting any of these over to you :P I hate seeing deals on good CL stuff after it's gone! I made a big blunder once when a guy was selling a Sega Nomad for $120 with a bunch of games, and I was like "would you just sell me the nomad for $60 since I don't need the game" and he wouldn't, and... $120 was still an okay price just for the nomad. I noobed it!!

@medic_wheat - maybe later? I'll make a sale list when I've decided what I'm selling, but which two are you interested in?

@gredler - thanks! yeah, I was particularly excited about the twinsticks. I've always wanted some, but they're always $20 plus $60 shipping or whatever. And whenever I'm in japan I feel like they're too bulky to take back. so this was basically the only way I was gonna get some!

@wiseau - nothing good. the virtua fighter 2 from the triple pack, and a couple sports games. the sega CD one is rise of the dragon.

wiseau

Dang, not even a spare daytona or virtua cop. Oh well, if you're ever gonna sell that Sonic 3D Blast and Custom robo i'll take em off your hands.

exodus

haha, yeah, no virtua cop! I'm pretty sure I have three copies of Daytona if you really want one :P

Will let you know about sonic! keeping custom robo thoughhhhhhhh, I was pretty excited about that one!

Medic_wheat

exodus

ah, I figured it'd be some of the good ones :P time stalker is spoken for, and 2012 is staying with me - I used to have a copy, then sold it, then regretted it, now reabsorbed it into my collection!! sorry about that!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: exodus on 06/23/2017, 06:00 PMah, I figured it'd be some of the good ones :P time stalker is spoken for, and 2012 is staying with me - I used to have a copy, then sold it, then regretted it, now reabsorbed it into my collection!! sorry about that!
Time stalker never heard of. But the cover art looked interesting. I assume an Roy?

2012 same here. I had a copy. However mine was stolen.

exodus

Time Stalkers is from Climax, and is kind of sort of part of the "stalker" series in general - landstalker, lady stalker, Dark Savior, etc. it's called climax landers in japan, and it's a roguelike, basically.

Michirin9801

Damn what a good score...
I wish I had cash so that I could buy all of the Yuna stuff off of you (if you're even selling that), but unfortunately that's not the case...

exodus

I am planning to keep what I didn't already have, but I do have extras of Yuna 3, one of the PCE ones, and one Laserdisc...

SignOfZeta

Holy SHIT. I though the LD deal was amazing, this is perhaps even more of a find.
IMG

exodus

more immediately relevant to me, as well. speaking of relevance, when I said you and I met on a neo geo pocket forum, he said he had one of those to sell, and that's how we got talking about games. I reckon he sold that one on ebay or something though, because it wasn't in my lot!

Gypsy

Oh I thought maybe you were near Zeta LOL. That would have been too convenient, since I could have had a family member pick them up and hold them for me.

Anyway, virtually every time I've bought a LD online, it's been sent media mail, and I've not received extra charges upon delivery. So that could be an option. Really it depends what is available.

cr8zykuban0

all that for 100 bucks? dude thats a hell of a score for todays standards!!!!

exodus

Gypsy: yeah, I've never lived anywhere but california! and I'll get back to you with some of the LDs I'm ready to send off later - would have to figure out the best way to package them though!

Gypsy

Sounds good man. I'm particularly interested in anime but I did just get Last Action Hero off eBay so I'm willing to take a look at the full list of what would be available.

xcrement5x

Yeah, I've sent a number of LDs through the mail as well and Media Mail is the best route unless a high dollar LD.  I have some LP boxes but a lot of times I'll just stick them in something larger and then cut the box to fit and load it with packing.  Media comes out to about $1 a pound or so, and you can ship a single LD in the $3-4 range if I remember right. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

exodus

xcrement5x - yeah, even at that rate it seems pretty tough to justify! Like say Gypsy wanted all my Saber Marionette stuff (please!), that's 22 discs, which would be at least $70 to ship at that rate. That's rough! Not much room to charge for the discs themselves when you're paying $70 for shipping, I reckon.

Gypsy

The best part about media is it scales well. Provided you could safely ship a bunch in one box. I'm honestly not sure. The biggest problem is that it's awkward, not the weight.

exodus

I guess I'll mail you what I'm willing to part with and see what happens!

Gypsy

For a recent (this year) example, I got a 13 pound box filled with manga and various books from California and shipped media mail it was only $8.45.